• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:52
CEST 18:52
KST 01:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8740 users

Chinese players left out of WCS America Qualifier - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 33 Next All
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
April 21 2013 17:17 GMT
#361
On April 22 2013 02:10 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:04 Rostam wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:59 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:55 Rostam wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:53 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:52 Goolpsy wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:48 vinsang1000 wrote:
It's absurd anyway, it's supposed to be the World Championship Starcraft . How can you limit the entrance number to 512 people..


The biggest problem with this, was it (the tournament) being completely open, so bad players could take the good players spots.
Were some players automatically seeded into the tournament? If so, they chinese Pro players should have had a spot there as well :/

Your right, they should have had everyone with copy of SC2 signed up and had a bracket of 4 million players. Then we would have known who was the best.


This is a response to... what?


The person who was upset that the bracket was ONLY 512 people. Only 512.


We have to jump from 512 to 4 million? There's nothing in between?


Because a 512 man bracket double elimination is INSANE. That is so many BO3 to manage.


They're the ones who chose to do that format. Nobody forced them to run one double elimination tournament with all BO3.

Registration was open long before the actual tournament - surely they knew they were going to have far more than 512 players signed up. Yet they chose to go ahead with a format that would exclude a large proportion of the people wanting to play. They chose to exclude people not based on their merit or lack thereof, but based on their time of registration. Surely you can see why people might have issues with that.
BW forever || Thall
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:19:31
April 21 2013 17:17 GMT
#362
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:28 Waxangel wrote:
any statements from the chinese players/community/teams in response to this would be welcome

‏@MLGSundance
Chinese players missed que times.
1000+ players tried to get into a 512 person event.
Twitch mods chat not us.
Blizz wants all game on WCS.

‏@SaintSnorlax
@MLGSundance your word against theirs, regarding the Chinese players. They screencapped your admin saying they're good to go.

‏@MLGSundance
checked in = in the que.

ambiguous but it doesn't say that the player was in the 512.

We had 1000 players que


I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in




Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


then you don't find it a little odd that none of the famous NA/KR team players had trouble getting in?

(any proof to the counter would also be welcome)

even if by some circumstance that all the NA/KR pros mashed buttons in time and SEA/CN players didn't, wouldn't you say it's a problem to use first come first serve when you are the only tournament players on one side of the globe can play in?
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
SnoLys
Profile Joined August 2011
149 Posts
April 21 2013 17:18 GMT
#363
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:28 Waxangel wrote:
any statements from the chinese players/community/teams in response to this would be welcome

‏@MLGSundance
Chinese players missed que times.
1000+ players tried to get into a 512 person event.
Twitch mods chat not us.
Blizz wants all game on WCS.

‏@SaintSnorlax
@MLGSundance your word against theirs, regarding the Chinese players. They screencapped your admin saying they're good to go.

‏@MLGSundance
checked in = in the que.

ambiguous but it doesn't say that the player was in the 512.

We had 1000 players que


I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


Tell that to the players that played in the EU qualifiers. EU had a free, open qualifier, yet no one was left out.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
April 21 2013 17:19 GMT
#364
I dont see why they couldnt have done a registration priority like GSL does.
1) pro players
2) masters league x # of points
3) everyone else until the bracket is full
something like that. GSL has been doing it for a while. It's not like MLG opened up the registration for WCS yesterday
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 17:20 GMT
#365
On April 22 2013 02:16 [OGN]Remmy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:08 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:00 cocls wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:28 Waxangel wrote:
any statements from the chinese players/community/teams in response to this would be welcome
[quote]

I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The admin of MLG confirmed that they were checked in.


They were checked into a que of 1,000 players for a 512 man bracket. Your players weren't the only ones who didn't get to play.


So you mean Chinese famous progamers like Jim should be regarded the same as other bronze level amateur ladder players playing game for fun?

It an open qualifier, first come, first served. The community wanted it to be free and this is what happens when there is no barrier to entry. I don't want gold level scrubs getting slots your players should have, but this is the system that is in place. That is why MGL hedged out slots in the brackets to assure professional players on NA teams would be in the bracket. The Chinese players should lobby MLG for one of those in the next qualifier for NA code A.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Rostam
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2552 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:22:17
April 21 2013 17:21 GMT
#366
On April 22 2013 02:19 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I dont see why they couldnt have done a registration priority like GSL does.
1) pro players
2) masters league x # of points
3) everyone else until the bracket is full
something like that. GSL has been doing it for a while. It's not like MLG opened up the registration for WCS yesterday


I agree. The only issue I can see is that they might have trouble defining "pro player". For GSL all they have to do is point at eSF and KeSPA teams. But I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult, and iG must qualify as a pro team by any definition they could use.
BW forever || Thall
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
April 21 2013 17:22 GMT
#367
On April 22 2013 02:21 Rostam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:19 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I dont see why they couldnt have done a registration priority like GSL does.
1) pro players
2) masters league x # of points
3) everyone else until the bracket is full
something like that. GSL has been doing it for a while. It's not like MLG opened up the registration for WCS yesterday


I agree. The only issue I can see is that they might have trouble defining "pro player". For GSL all they have to do is point at eSF and KeSPA teams. I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult, and iG must qualify as a pro team by any definition they could use.

yeah I was just using general terms to just make a series of categories. They'd definitely have to be more specific. I don't think it would be that hard to implement.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
SnoLys
Profile Joined August 2011
149 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:23:26
April 21 2013 17:23 GMT
#368
On April 22 2013 02:17 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:28 Waxangel wrote:
any statements from the chinese players/community/teams in response to this would be welcome
[quote]

I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


then you don't find it a little odd that none of the famous NA/KR team players had trouble getting in?

(any proof to the counter would also be welcome)

even if by some circumstance that all the NA/KR pros mashed buttons in time and SEA/CN players didn't, wouldn't you say it's a problem to use first come first serve when you are the only tournament players on one side of the globe can play in?


Accordingly to Plansix, MLG reserved 64 spots for players of teams that MLG is used to work with.


MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18356757
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:28:16
April 21 2013 17:25 GMT
#369
On April 22 2013 02:22 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:21 Rostam wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:19 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I dont see why they couldnt have done a registration priority like GSL does.
1) pro players
2) masters league x # of points
3) everyone else until the bracket is full
something like that. GSL has been doing it for a while. It's not like MLG opened up the registration for WCS yesterday


I agree. The only issue I can see is that they might have trouble defining "pro player". For GSL all they have to do is point at eSF and KeSPA teams. I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult, and iG must qualify as a pro team by any definition they could use.

yeah I was just using general terms to just make a series of categories. They'd definitely have to be more specific. I don't think it would be that hard to implement.

MacSed and Xigua were both former GSL competitors. If that isn't pro, then I dont know what is.

Speaking of MacSed, I want to give him a huge shout out and say good luck to the guy right here and right now. It's almost 1:30 in the morning for him when this tournament resumes.

中国不忘!中国不忘!(China will not perish. China will not perish!)
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 17:27 GMT
#370
On April 22 2013 02:17 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:28 Waxangel wrote:
any statements from the chinese players/community/teams in response to this would be welcome
[quote]

I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


then you don't find it a little odd that none of the famous NA/KR team players had trouble getting in?

(any proof to the counter would also be welcome)

even if by some circumstance that all the NA/KR pros mashed buttons in time and SEA/CN players didn't, wouldn't you say it's a problem to use first come first serve when you are the only tournament players on one side of the globe can play in?

I don't find it odd. There was 64 slots in the bracket reserved by MLG for established players on NA teams, which including your players on TL and likely a bunch of EG guys. MLG did this because they knew of the flaws in the system and didn't want any professional players screwed by it. They may have overlooked the Chinese players, which is not surprising since this is the first I have heard of them

This is what happens when you have an open, free qualifier with no cut off or barrier to entry. Those sorts of systems suck and lead to good players being left out. I was one of the supporters of MLG when they were charging $20 to try out and I felt it was a bad choice to remove it. Unlimited sign up with no risk suck and bad players take the slots that great, professional players should have.

With the amount of hacking and other non-sense, the community needs to accept that the leagues need to limit the number of players who try out to the people who care most. An entry fee is a good way to do that.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:28:15
April 21 2013 17:27 GMT
#371
I also see 21 walkovers reported in the first round of the MLG bracket. Where they not using the queue to fill in the walkovers? or were they just giving all of those people the benefit of the doubt that they would show up for their losers' bracket match?
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
zxd123
Profile Joined September 2011
China64 Posts
April 21 2013 17:30 GMT
#372
On April 22 2013 02:25 Enders116 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:22 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:21 Rostam wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:19 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I dont see why they couldnt have done a registration priority like GSL does.
1) pro players
2) masters league x # of points
3) everyone else until the bracket is full
something like that. GSL has been doing it for a while. It's not like MLG opened up the registration for WCS yesterday


I agree. The only issue I can see is that they might have trouble defining "pro player". For GSL all they have to do is point at eSF and KeSPA teams. I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult, and iG must qualify as a pro team by any definition they could use.

yeah I was just using general terms to just make a series of categories. They'd definitely have to be more specific. I don't think it would be that hard to implement.

MacSed and Xigua were both former GSL competitors. If that isn't pro, then I dont know what is.

Speaking of MacSed, I want to give him a huge shout out and say good luck to the guy right here and right now. It's almost 1:30 in the morning for him when this tournament resumes.

中国不忘!中国不忘!(China will not perish. China will not perish!)

冰哥,冷靜...

User was warned for this post
tossgirl
skyflyfish
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada499 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:31:57
April 21 2013 17:31 GMT
#373
On April 22 2013 02:27 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:17 Waxangel wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
[quote]
I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


then you don't find it a little odd that none of the famous NA/KR team players had trouble getting in?

(any proof to the counter would also be welcome)

even if by some circumstance that all the NA/KR pros mashed buttons in time and SEA/CN players didn't, wouldn't you say it's a problem to use first come first serve when you are the only tournament players on one side of the globe can play in?

I don't find it odd. There was 64 slots in the bracket reserved by MLG for established players on NA teams, which including your players on TL and likely a bunch of EG guys. MLG did this because they knew of the flaws in the system and didn't want any professional players screwed by it. They may have overlooked the Chinese players, which is not surprising since this is the first I have heard of them

This is what happens when you have an open, free qualifier with no cut off or barrier to entry. Those sorts of systems suck and lead to good players being left out. I was one of the supporters of MLG when they were charging $20 to try out and I felt it was a bad choice to remove it. Unlimited sign up with no risk suck and bad players take the slots that great, professional players should have.

With the amount of hacking and other non-sense, the community needs to accept that the leagues need to limit the number of players who try out to the people who care most. An entry fee is a good way to do that.


you are in SC business and you never heard of WCS China champion? and Jim who almost all killed EG?
as1
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:33:20
April 21 2013 17:31 GMT
#374
On April 22 2013 02:27 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:17 Waxangel wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
[quote]
I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


then you don't find it a little odd that none of the famous NA/KR team players had trouble getting in?

(any proof to the counter would also be welcome)

even if by some circumstance that all the NA/KR pros mashed buttons in time and SEA/CN players didn't, wouldn't you say it's a problem to use first come first serve when you are the only tournament players on one side of the globe can play in?

I don't find it odd. There was 64 slots in the bracket reserved by MLG for established players on NA teams, which including your players on TL and likely a bunch of EG guys. MLG did this because they knew of the flaws in the system and didn't want any professional players screwed by it. They may have overlooked the Chinese players, which is not surprising since this is the first I have heard of them

This is what happens when you have an open, free qualifier with no cut off or barrier to entry. Those sorts of systems suck and lead to good players being left out. I was one of the supporters of MLG when they were charging $20 to try out and I felt it was a bad choice to remove it. Unlimited sign up with no risk suck and bad players take the slots that great, professional players should have.

With the amount of hacking and other non-sense, the community needs to accept that the leagues need to limit the number of players who try out to the people who care most. An entry fee is a good way to do that.

Then they should name it something else than open qualifier, also it went fine with EU qualifiers, everyone who wanted to attend got in.

On April 22 2013 02:27 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I also see 21 walkovers reported in the first round of the MLG bracket. Where they not using the queue to fill in the walkovers? or were they just giving all of those people the benefit of the doubt that they would show up for their losers' bracket match?

Wait, why didn't they fill the WO slots with people who wanted to attend o_O. The people from China actually could had filled the slots for the people who did not show up.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Kazar
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany32 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:34:58
April 21 2013 17:31 GMT
#375
I don't know if Plansix have a clue what he is talking about... Regarding the Qualifier just compare it to EU Qualifier. It was also free for everyone and they handled RO2048 and all profesional players had no problem to get in.
The next thing is, how can they reserve 64 !!!! Spots for teams like EG??? Under these 64 reserverd Spots i bet there were also just bad players since EG+TL dont have 64 Players in their Roster. So you clearly reserve Spots for Players that are likely far worse than Jim etc.. The whole Organisation is just a mess...

Edit: You say they might have overlooked them because you don't even know them.. That's such a troll statement. It just tells me that you arn't familiar with the sc2 scene. And if MLG overlooked them it wouldn't be profesional at all..
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 17:33 GMT
#376
On April 22 2013 02:23 SnoLys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:17 Waxangel wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
[quote]
I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


then you don't find it a little odd that none of the famous NA/KR team players had trouble getting in?

(any proof to the counter would also be welcome)

even if by some circumstance that all the NA/KR pros mashed buttons in time and SEA/CN players didn't, wouldn't you say it's a problem to use first come first serve when you are the only tournament players on one side of the globe can play in?


Accordingly to Plansix, MLG reserved 64 spots for players of teams that MLG is used to work with.

Show nested quote +

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18356757


You can find the rule on this page of the MLG site:

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/wcs-america-season-1

Check-in will take place on Saturday, April 20 from 10am – 12:50pm ET.
MLG will reserve 64 spots in the bracket for invited players.

64 slots for invited players A/K/A professional players who did not get invited to the premiere division. This was put in place because MLG knew that open qualifiers were going to be a mess and they needed to assure that no professional players were going to be left out. The Chinese players got overlooked, which sucks, but happens.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Iodem
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1173 Posts
April 21 2013 17:35 GMT
#377
On April 22 2013 02:27 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:17 Waxangel wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
[quote]
I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


then you don't find it a little odd that none of the famous NA/KR team players had trouble getting in?

(any proof to the counter would also be welcome)

even if by some circumstance that all the NA/KR pros mashed buttons in time and SEA/CN players didn't, wouldn't you say it's a problem to use first come first serve when you are the only tournament players on one side of the globe can play in?

They may have overlooked the Chinese players, which is not surprising since this is the first I have heard of them


So your personal ignorance of the Chinese SC2 scene is a good enough excuse for there not to be reservations for Chinese pros?


If you don't like it, you can quit.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 17:35 GMT
#378
On April 22 2013 02:31 skyflyfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:27 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:17 Waxangel wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
[quote]

Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


then you don't find it a little odd that none of the famous NA/KR team players had trouble getting in?

(any proof to the counter would also be welcome)

even if by some circumstance that all the NA/KR pros mashed buttons in time and SEA/CN players didn't, wouldn't you say it's a problem to use first come first serve when you are the only tournament players on one side of the globe can play in?

I don't find it odd. There was 64 slots in the bracket reserved by MLG for established players on NA teams, which including your players on TL and likely a bunch of EG guys. MLG did this because they knew of the flaws in the system and didn't want any professional players screwed by it. They may have overlooked the Chinese players, which is not surprising since this is the first I have heard of them

This is what happens when you have an open, free qualifier with no cut off or barrier to entry. Those sorts of systems suck and lead to good players being left out. I was one of the supporters of MLG when they were charging $20 to try out and I felt it was a bad choice to remove it. Unlimited sign up with no risk suck and bad players take the slots that great, professional players should have.

With the amount of hacking and other non-sense, the community needs to accept that the leagues need to limit the number of players who try out to the people who care most. An entry fee is a good way to do that.


you are in SC business and you never heard of WCS China champion? and Jim who almost all killed EG?


I can only remember so many things and remembering every single winner of every single event in SC2 is not possible. I did know of Jim because Mr. Bitter hyped him up quite a bit.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
April 21 2013 17:37 GMT
#379
On April 22 2013 02:16 [OGN]Remmy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:08 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:00 cocls wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:38 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:28 Waxangel wrote:
any statements from the chinese players/community/teams in response to this would be welcome
[quote]

I am not a Chinese player, I am not even Chinese, I am not even remotely asian, but I am a caster that studies Chinese as his university major, and if a western event is featuring a key Chinese-Speaking player or a player well-renowned by Chinese players, I take the opportunity that I can to cast it.

I want to say that I feel Blizzard should be held most accountable for this, moreso than MLG. The WCS is ultimately governed by Blizzard, and the opportunity to see the prestigious players of one's country compete in WCS, the symbols of national pride, the people who represent a country, was almost all but thoroughly taken from the hands of the Chinese players.

Heart of the Swarm hasn't even been released in China yet, thanks to Blizzard, and WoL wasn't released until 9 months after it came out in the U.S.A.


Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The admin of MLG confirmed that they were checked in.


They were checked into a que of 1,000 players for a 512 man bracket. Your players weren't the only ones who didn't get to play.


So you mean Chinese famous progamers like Jim should be regarded the same as other bronze level amateur ladder players playing game for fun?


your "Chinese famous progamers" might not be held in the same regards as the NA/KR progamers, thus being categorized the same as any random first come first serve signee. Personally I wouldnt scan the signup list to reserve a spot for this random Jim dude. Who the hell is he? (sorry I only watch GSL/SPL/DH/MLG/IEM/NASL/IPL)

MacSed and Xigua were both former GSL competitors. If that isn't pro, then I dont know what is.

thats like 2010 or something lol
GeedrAhsc
Profile Joined July 2011
United States97 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 17:39:31
April 21 2013 17:38 GMT
#380
On April 22 2013 02:33 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 02:23 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:17 Waxangel wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:14 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 02:03 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:54 SnoLys wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:49 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:46 Enders116 wrote:
On April 22 2013 01:42 Plansix wrote:
[quote]

Why is it Blizzard's or MLG's fault if the players show up late because they misread the time?
I'm saying it's Blizzards fault for overall failure to support the Chinese scene. Not MLG's. Besides that, there were inconsistencies from region to region with how the format worked.

Its not Blizzard's fault the China has rules and regulations that are difficult to deal with. Google and other companies have the same problem for anything that works online.

Each region had its own rules, which could be read by anyone and the check in time was the same for everyone in NA. Everyone else seemed to be able to get here on time, including Korean players.


Not all since MLG Adam had to warn that Zenio was not checked in, yet he still made the bracket.

Adam Apicella ‏@MrAdamAp 20 Apr
@Hot_Bid @Kennigit zenio not checked in


https://twitter.com/MrAdamAp/status/325646678428381186

Notice that this was at 22:26, so much later than the conversation between admins and the Chinese players.

MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.


The discussion on B.net says that they are checked in, so they were checked in previous to that.

And MLG saving spots for certain players is not helping MLG case. So players that were top in WCS China, just because they don't usually attend MLG are out of a Blizzard event, because it's MLG organizing the qualifiers? How does that make any sense?

You do know that 1,000 people tried to play in this 512 man bracket, right? There are over 488 people didn't get to play yesterday because they didn't get into the cue early enough. This is what happens if you have a free, open qualifier, is that people get left out. Its to bad and slightly unfair, but it was first come first served for those who signed up.


then you don't find it a little odd that none of the famous NA/KR team players had trouble getting in?

(any proof to the counter would also be welcome)

even if by some circumstance that all the NA/KR pros mashed buttons in time and SEA/CN players didn't, wouldn't you say it's a problem to use first come first serve when you are the only tournament players on one side of the globe can play in?


Accordingly to Plansix, MLG reserved 64 spots for players of teams that MLG is used to work with.


MLG reserved 64 slots for players on teams that they had dealt with in the past. I am sure a Team Liquid player was one of them and was already put into the bracket.

I don't know when they checked in using the MLG website, only when this discussion took place on B.net.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18356757


You can find the rule on this page of the MLG site:

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/wcs-america-season-1

Check-in will take place on Saturday, April 20 from 10am – 12:50pm ET.
MLG will reserve 64 spots in the bracket for invited players.

64 slots for invited players A/K/A professional players who did not get invited to the premiere division. This was put in place because MLG knew that open qualifiers were going to be a mess and they needed to assure that no professional players were going to be left out. The Chinese players got overlooked, which sucks, but happens.


These Chinese players left out are professional players...
They are, in fact, very well known.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 63
Codebar 35
UpATreeSC 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1243
EffOrt 1192
Mini 708
Soma 625
actioN 468
Rush 438
Light 326
Larva 311
BeSt 223
Snow 153
[ Show more ]
hero 129
firebathero 111
Dewaltoss 102
Zeus 67
Barracks 58
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 30
Shine 27
JYJ 26
soO 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Rock 11
zelot 11
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2097
Dendi895
420jenkins174
Counter-Strike
Fnx 787
pashabiceps669
x6flipin540
ceh9378
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5663
Grubby3605
Liquid`Hasu353
Other Games
Beastyqt545
byalli428
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor188
Liquid`VortiX168
DeMusliM155
ArmadaUGS142
KnowMe140
BRAT_OK 86
C9.Mang074
TKL 61
Trikslyr61
Railgan5
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV268
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH251
• StrangeGG 71
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 3
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 6
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
League of Legends
• Nemesis2887
• TFBlade766
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 8m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.