• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:10
CEST 18:10
KST 01:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11662 users

[Interview]SPL Woongjin vs EG-TL Round 4 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-08 06:07:59
April 08 2013 06:04 GMT
#1
Poll: Which interview do you want to see the most next?

SPL 8th Team vs CJ Entus: Argo (69)
 
54%

GSTL FXO vs MVP: Super and MVP head coach (58)
 
46%

127 total votes

Your vote: Which interview do you want to see the most next?

(Vote): GSTL FXO vs MVP: Super and MVP head coach
(Vote): SPL 8th Team vs CJ Entus: Argo



(Z)EG-TL Jaedong

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

Ever since your transfer to EG-TL, today was the first time you secured two victories in one day.

I feel so good. Personally, I was on a losing streak and I wasn’t satisfied with my performances. But I think I was able to get rid of all of that with today’s victory. I was already feeling good after that first victory but I feel really good after also winning the ace match. I haven't felt this kind of feeling in a while.

For a while, you were not being sent out as the ace for EG-TL.

Since it's all in the past, I'd rather just not think about it (laughs). The important thing is, I am always confident right now so whenever I get sent out for the ace match, I am always gearing to go.

The commentators predicted that since HotS has been seeing a lot of mutalisk usage from Zerg players, your mutalisk usage was going to see its light in today's match.

My mutalisk plays are not as good as they were back in BW but I am relieved that I am doing better than I did for WoL. But mutalisks alone aren't going to fully revive me.

What have you been feeling ever since the transition to HotS?

I believe that I will fully adapt when the time comes. My results for WoL were not that great so I am viewing my transition to HotS like a fresh start. Even though I thew away my original thoughts and am working really hard, I'm also having fun while doing so.

You stated that it's a little too premature to state that you're revived yourself.

It's too soon to state that I've been revived (laughs). I'm going to forget about today's victory to ensure that I keep working hard. It's too early for us to celebrate with just one victory. We need to work even harder than before because we, as a team, have a goal that we are aiming for.

Seems like things have changed for you with the addition of supervisor Park Yong Woon.

Well, I did just grab two victories today since the acquisition of supervisor Park (laughs). He helped me out so much in getting rid of all my negative thoughts and reforming my lazy habits. I feel like my mentality has gotten stronger because of supervisor Park. He even fixed the way I approach all my games and practices. I want to take this opportunity to thank him

So you are going to be confident for all your games from here on out?

While getting good results are important, right now I'm putting all my focus into making sure I think nothing but positive thoughts and finding my thoughts one step at a time. I am going to work hard so that I can solidify my mentality and show everyone a different side of me. I am also going to work hard so that good results can naturally follow through afterwards.

Flash has caught up in the most wins ranking for Proleague. Does this grab your consciousness?

Honestly, it does get on my mind (laughs). I knew Flash was going to catch up to me one day so I worked hard so that I could meet him when that day came (laughs). But I was able to grab first place again with my victory today so I am relieved (laughs). I do acknowledge Flash, so he will be my stimulant. (I'm going to try to clarify this part. Jaedong is stating that he's going to view Flash as the player that will motivate him to do well)

Anything else you would like to say?

I haven't grabbed two victories in one day like this in a while so I can't help but feel like today will be the best day of my life ever since becoming an EG-TL player. EG-TL is still ranked dead last but we are going to work hard to pull off a miracle so I hope that everyone will be awaiting for us in eager anticipation. We are going to come together as one to work really hard so we hope to receive a lot of support and cheer.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
pigtheman
Profile Joined January 2009
United States333 Posts
April 08 2013 06:09 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translate!! (:
*rawr* d(^_^d)
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
April 08 2013 06:10 GMT
#3
Thanks for the translation!
Moderatorlickypiddy
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
April 08 2013 06:10 GMT
#4
On April 08 2013 15:04 Seeker wrote:

I do acknowledge Flash, so he will be my stimulant. (I'm going to try to clarify this part. Jaedong is stating that he's going to view Flash as the player that will motivate him to do well)


At first, I wondered why the hell this part needed clarification. It seemed fine to me.

Then the sexual innuendo struck.

T_____________T
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
April 08 2013 06:14 GMT
#5
Do we have an interview with coach Park? Thanks Seeker!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Zaphid
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1860 Posts
April 08 2013 06:16 GMT
#6
On April 08 2013 15:10 Entirety wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2013 15:04 Seeker wrote:

I do acknowledge Flash, so he will be my stimulant. (I'm going to try to clarify this part. Jaedong is stating that he's going to view Flash as the player that will motivate him to do well)


At first, I wondered why the hell this part needed clarification. It seemed fine to me.

Then the sexual innuendo struck.

T_____________T

I'd use Flash as stimulant any day!
I will never ever play Mech against Protoss. - MVP
theMagus
Profile Joined February 2013
578 Posts
April 08 2013 06:24 GMT
#7
lol jaedong using flash as a motivation. that's cool.
"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go."
herMan
Profile Joined November 2010
Japan2057 Posts
April 08 2013 06:24 GMT
#8
Good to see the new coach making waves already.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
April 08 2013 06:29 GMT
#9
Thanks for translation glad to see jaedong win twice and hope he can just go on a massive win streak now :D
When I think of something else, something will go here
MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
April 08 2013 06:30 GMT
#10
The Dong is Back!
"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
April 08 2013 06:33 GMT
#11
Thanks for the translation. Glad to see JD win and hope he makes code a.
theMagus
Profile Joined February 2013
578 Posts
April 08 2013 06:33 GMT
#12
oh yeah, thanks for translating
"Give away the stone. Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go."
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
April 08 2013 06:44 GMT
#13
--- Nuked ---
umelbumel
Profile Joined January 2011
2026 Posts
April 08 2013 06:45 GMT
#14
Thank you Seeker, thank you JD and thank you Coach Park! There is still hope.
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3304 Posts
April 08 2013 06:50 GMT
#15
Thanks for the translation! JD <3
T P Z sagi
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
April 08 2013 07:10 GMT
#16
Thank you Seeker! So happy for JD, my FPL team also says thanks . I really hope he can keep it up.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37120 Posts
April 08 2013 07:31 GMT
#17
No more votes?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
April 08 2013 07:37 GMT
#18
As so the irrational hype is back again !

Thanks for the interview as per usual
Empirimancer
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada1024 Posts
April 08 2013 07:42 GMT
#19
Jaedong strikes me as conceited. He just expects that he's going to lead the team, that he'll be the ace, that the other EGTL members will follow him, etc.

Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
April 08 2013 07:49 GMT
#20
On April 08 2013 16:42 Empirimancer wrote:
Jaedong strikes me as conceited. He just expects that he's going to lead the team, that he'll be the ace, that the other EGTL members will follow him, etc.


Sort of like how The Doctor expects to save everybody no matter the odds
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM728
IndyStarCraft 202
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 728
ByuN 307
Reynor 306
TKL 292
IndyStarCraft 202
Railgan 79
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
Sea.KH 49
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi934
Counter-Strike
fl0m4898
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1536
B2W.Neo684
Beastyqt664
Mlord480
Khaldor472
olofmeister447
KnowMe359
crisheroes112
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach20
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1540
Other Games
• Shiphtur532
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 50m
OSC
6h 50m
Replay Cast
6h 50m
OSC
19h 50m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.