• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8955 users

aLive and Oz join EG - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
523 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 27 Next All
Sunfish
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria162 Posts
March 28 2013 14:43 GMT
#421
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


It's called building a brand.
retired from goodgame agency and now freelancing fucking everywhere -- come follow me at @william_partin
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
March 28 2013 14:49 GMT
#422
On March 28 2013 23:43 Sunfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


It's called building a brand.


Not only that it's actually pretty easy to market players. In many cases all you have to do is up the volume a notch on who they are.
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
March 28 2013 14:56 GMT
#423
It's difficult to build a brand in a language you don't understand. What most people want is a person who is more willing to open up and be honest and maybe even a little less formal about their feelings. Korean culture doesn't really embrace a "trash talk" culture, but anything is possible I guess. Someone like MC should be on EG really, they could develop his fan base easily.
Hudson Valley Progamer
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 28 2013 14:58 GMT
#424
On March 28 2013 23:40 TeeTS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 23:36 Plansix wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


Players with personality are fun and make the game more enjoyable when they win. No one is going to say that MC ruins a game with his over the top personality. Even Flash has well cultivated personality as this unrelenting practice machine and guy who is never happy with his performance.

And lets never forget Keen’s amazing celebration from GSL. It is the gift that keeps on giving.


on the other hand it's true. I mean what do you really know from your favorite football players? (f.e.) There is nothing more than scandals and standard phrases in interviews.


Exactly, but the players that take the time to endear themselves to the fans are the most loved. My favorite Red Sox player in member was Tim Wakefield, a knuckleball pitcher who signed the same contract with the Sox every year, because he loved the game and didn’t want to move. Although he was not the highest scoring player or star pitcher, the idea of a guy showing up to play ball every day just because he liked the job endeared him to me for years.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
March 28 2013 15:01 GMT
#425
On March 28 2013 23:36 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


Players with personality are fun and make the game more enjoyable when they win. No one is going to say that MC ruins a game with his over the top personality. Even Flash has well cultivated personality as this unrelenting practice machine and guy who is never happy with his performance.

And lets never forget Keen’s amazing celebration from GSL. It is the gift that keeps on giving.


I guess but it seems like out of game personality is the only thing people care about. SC2 esports, the soap opera xD.
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
March 28 2013 15:05 GMT
#426
On March 29 2013 00:01 AnomalySC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 23:36 Plansix wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


Players with personality are fun and make the game more enjoyable when they win. No one is going to say that MC ruins a game with his over the top personality. Even Flash has well cultivated personality as this unrelenting practice machine and guy who is never happy with his performance.

And lets never forget Keen’s amazing celebration from GSL. It is the gift that keeps on giving.


I guess but it seems like out of game personality is the only thing people care about. SC2 esports, the soap opera xD.


That's the only thing left for foreigners.
Terran & Potato Salad.
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
March 28 2013 15:15 GMT
#427
two solid picks, can't wait to see what coach Park will do with them
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 28 2013 15:15 GMT
#428
On March 29 2013 00:01 AnomalySC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 23:36 Plansix wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


Players with personality are fun and make the game more enjoyable when they win. No one is going to say that MC ruins a game with his over the top personality. Even Flash has well cultivated personality as this unrelenting practice machine and guy who is never happy with his performance.

And lets never forget Keen’s amazing celebration from GSL. It is the gift that keeps on giving.


I guess but it seems like out of game personality is the only thing people care about. SC2 esports, the soap opera xD.


That’s not true for most fans, I think they have favorite players for a number of reasons. For me, I cheer for the person rather than their mechanics. I will always cheer for MC because he comes up with creative builds, plays and loves to please the crowd. I like MKP and Hero because they clearly give a shit and wear their heart’s on their sleeve. Flash is growing on me as well, but I like him more for how modest he is and his focus on raw practice.

The same goes for foreign players. I want to see Grubby and Idra do well, because I enjoy watching them play. I want to be at a barcraft if Idra wins an MLG and gets over mental blocks. Why? Because it would be awesome to be a part of. But I am an outlier in the community, it think, because I am used to waiting and cheering for the loser. I waited for my whole life to watch the Red Sox win a world series. Let me tell you, it sucked for a long time, but it was worth it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
KaiserKieran
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States615 Posts
March 28 2013 15:17 GMT
#429
Now TL has to pick itself up in pro league. I want to see some new players. Or is that just me?
Farone
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
March 28 2013 15:23 GMT
#430
nice move ! gl to aLive and Oz~!
MC, Stephano, Ret, Jjakji, Grubby, Life, HerO, Scarlett, TaeJa
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
March 28 2013 15:27 GMT
#431
aha whoooo AWESOME
My religion is Starcraft
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
March 28 2013 15:37 GMT
#432
On March 28 2013 22:47 xAshCanaaNx wrote:
where there is Raid Call, there is aLive XD


Oh yea they have the same sponsor still. Thats pretty funny!
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
March 28 2013 15:39 GMT
#433
On March 29 2013 00:17 KaiserKieran wrote:
Now TL has to pick itself up in pro league. I want to see some new players. Or is that just me?

All they need is Taeja to be healthy again so he can carry the team as per usual
GunPaladin
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1205 Posts
March 28 2013 15:41 GMT
#434
said it once and i'll say it again..................EG GROWING STRONG!

[image loading]
The doctors gave me 9 months to live, ]BIG[ gave me a life time.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27436 Posts
March 28 2013 15:41 GMT
#435
Flash doesn't really have a 'personality', he has an aura because he is Flash and that builds a kind of story behind him. Is it Curious whose very lack of a personality kind of IS his personality?

Anyway, great picks. EG have been making solid picks for a good while now, you don't even need to read the press release to know [i]why[\i] they made these picks. An identifiable rationale is great to see. Liquids picks aren't too shabby either, it was a real coup to get Sea, shame it didn't work out.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 28 2013 15:42 GMT
#436
On March 29 2013 00:41 Wombat_NI wrote:
Flash doesn't really have a 'personality', he has an aura because he is Flash and that builds a kind of story behind him. Is it Curious whose very lack of a personality kind of IS his personality?

Anyway, great picks. EG have been making solid picks for a good while now, you don't even need to read the press release to know [i]why[\i] they made these picks. An identifiable rationale is great to see. Liquids picks aren't too shabby either, it was a real coup to get Sea, shame it didn't work out.

Curious used to be a stone cold killer but he has really started coming out of his shell these days
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-28 15:46:36
March 28 2013 15:44 GMT
#437
On March 29 2013 00:15 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2013 00:01 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:36 Plansix wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


Players with personality are fun and make the game more enjoyable when they win. No one is going to say that MC ruins a game with his over the top personality. Even Flash has well cultivated personality as this unrelenting practice machine and guy who is never happy with his performance.

And lets never forget Keen’s amazing celebration from GSL. It is the gift that keeps on giving.


I guess but it seems like out of game personality is the only thing people care about. SC2 esports, the soap opera xD.


That’s not true for most fans, I think they have favorite players for a number of reasons. For me, I cheer for the person rather than their mechanics. I will always cheer for MC because he comes up with creative builds, plays and loves to please the crowd. I like MKP and Hero because they clearly give a shit and wear their heart’s on their sleeve. Flash is growing on me as well, but I like him more for how modest he is and his focus on raw practice.

The same goes for foreign players. I want to see Grubby and Idra do well, because I enjoy watching them play. I want to be at a barcraft if Idra wins an MLG and gets over mental blocks. Why? Because it would be awesome to be a part of. But I am an outlier in the community, it think, because I am used to waiting and cheering for the loser. I waited for my whole life to watch the Red Sox win a world series. Let me tell you, it sucked for a long time, but it was worth it.


Well I guess I'm in the minority. My favorite players in sc2 are Gumiho and MMA simply because they provide great games with style and skill. Gumiho's ridiculously chaotic multi tasking with refreshing openers is how I think of him, but I don't really know anything about him as a person lol. With MMA you know he will bring something powerful and new to the table in terms of strategy, not to mention his micro is sick. About the only thing I know of his personality is he hadoukened Idra on stage at MLG xD.

I guess I'm saying I prefer skill and creativity in game to the player's out of game personality. If I wanted to watch a reality tv show I'd just go turn on the TV, or something.
Tydrokos
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States56 Posts
March 28 2013 15:45 GMT
#438
Sick pickups! :D I hope they both start streaming more often. I love watching them play.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
March 28 2013 15:49 GMT
#439
On March 28 2013 21:34 boxerfred wrote:
EG-Liquid really making a "foreign" appearance in Proleague. Not rooting for them anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love korean players, but I always thought that EG-Liquid in Proleague would've been a step towards an internationalization of eSports, meaning that foreign talents could play and learn and improve in korea. But it looks like there is no foreigner with enough dedication to do that. Stephano goes for the easy money, skipping code S once more. And the great "foreign" roster? Byebye Thorzain, you had your proleague time. EGTL roster in proleague now:

Taeja, HerO, JYP, Oz, aLive, Jaedong, korean, korean, korean... my hype is gone.

Oh, and dear EG, you de-signed Puma. Now pull the consequences. Why is HuK still playing? I see no results (correct me if I am wrong). And when I watch his games, I don't get the point of why exactly he joined EG. Kudos to him for the HuK on IdrA rivalry, and not-so-big-kudos for him leaving TL for EG's money. But his times is over, he's delivering bad games, even compared to normal foreigners as Lucifron, HasuObs or Snute.


its a hard choice:

make playoffs or make white people happy.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
March 28 2013 15:49 GMT
#440
i'm pretty sure i'm the only fan of Alive, happy he got a new team

Oz is cool too
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 633
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16597
Dewaltoss 116
Sexy 37
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever245
Counter-Strike
fl0m1390
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1847
crisheroes1132
Liquid`Hasu840
Other Games
summit1g4435
Grubby3677
FrodaN722
Beastyqt665
shahzam441
byalli274
ArmadaUGS184
C9.Mang0171
KnowMe169
UpATreeSC103
Mew2King78
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
StarCraft 2
angryscii 26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie880
• WagamamaTV274
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 19m
Stellar Fest
17h 19m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.