• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:35
CEST 13:35
KST 20:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10261 users

aLive and Oz join EG - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
523 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 27 Next All
di4m0nd
Profile Joined June 2010
United States297 Posts
March 28 2013 15:49 GMT
#441
What great pickups, now its time to own up Round 4 of Prologue, so sick of seeing EG-TL getting crushed..
TLO | MC | Taeja | MarineKing | Alicia | HerO | PartinG | Bomber | Genius | MMA | CoCa | HuK | DRG | YugiOh | MVP | Jjakji | Stardust | Snute | Scarlett
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
March 28 2013 15:57 GMT
#442
On March 28 2013 23:35 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 22:48 Burns wrote:
To be honest, I never really understood why EG picks up the players they pick up. I feel as though TL makes much better player acquisitions.

However, congrats to both Alive and Oz


You know I was making a lot of noise when HaydeR got picked up by TL. Apparently I wasn't the only one. Same deal when they chose Zenio as one of their first Korean's from oGs. I thought they were both terrible pick-ups and what do you know. I truly hope Zenio proves me wrong one day. With that said, aLive and Oz aren't supposed to be saviors. Don't expect them to start winning everything, but they will provide the team with a good backbone to compete. KeSPA teams other than Team 8 have big rosters. This move makes EG more dynamic and who hasn't heard of aLive or Oz?

Are the KeSPA teams really that much bigger nowadays?

By watching the official lineups EG-TL is only beaten by KT Rolster's 14 man lineup while EG-TL is on 13 players (with 10 being part of the Proleague lineup). CJ Entus and Team8 are the other teams with 10 players, STX has 11. But CJ and STX have people that doesn't even play, but let's say they act like b-teamers and practice anyway. The rest of the teams have 13 or less players. SKT have 13 players with 4 listed trainees. The other teams don't list their trainees. As we can see the lineups are pretty thin A and B-team wise.

From what I have read thru this whole sc2 switch and with the LoL domination is that the Starcraft divisions in KeSPA teams have had a pretty big cut money wise because SC isn't popular anymore and most KeSPA teams have 1 or more LoL teams. Do they really have this sea of "slave trainees" like people make it out to be? I seriously doubt it is anything like the glory days of BW.

EG-TL isn't in such a disadvantage like people want to believe. Sure, the KeSPA teams have the upper hand with their whole structure because of no language barriers and they have a couple of coaches for specific races working with the players full time which EG-TL does not, but they don't out number EG-TL in players.
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
Trowa127
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1230 Posts
March 28 2013 16:02 GMT
#443
Great to see EG picking up more quality players. There was way too much whining about EG's 'money' a year ago, but with so many teams and events folding I hope people will think twice before talking smack about organisations with the money to expand and keep the scene alive.
Bling, MC, Snute, HwangSin, Deranging (<3) fan. 'Full name - ESP ORTS' Vote hotbid. Vote ESPORTS.
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
March 28 2013 16:03 GMT
#444
I used to brush it off, but I'm starting to believe in the EG curse
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 28 2013 16:03 GMT
#445
On March 29 2013 00:44 AnomalySC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2013 00:15 Plansix wrote:
On March 29 2013 00:01 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:36 Plansix wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


Players with personality are fun and make the game more enjoyable when they win. No one is going to say that MC ruins a game with his over the top personality. Even Flash has well cultivated personality as this unrelenting practice machine and guy who is never happy with his performance.

And lets never forget Keen’s amazing celebration from GSL. It is the gift that keeps on giving.


I guess but it seems like out of game personality is the only thing people care about. SC2 esports, the soap opera xD.


That’s not true for most fans, I think they have favorite players for a number of reasons. For me, I cheer for the person rather than their mechanics. I will always cheer for MC because he comes up with creative builds, plays and loves to please the crowd. I like MKP and Hero because they clearly give a shit and wear their heart’s on their sleeve. Flash is growing on me as well, but I like him more for how modest he is and his focus on raw practice.

The same goes for foreign players. I want to see Grubby and Idra do well, because I enjoy watching them play. I want to be at a barcraft if Idra wins an MLG and gets over mental blocks. Why? Because it would be awesome to be a part of. But I am an outlier in the community, it think, because I am used to waiting and cheering for the loser. I waited for my whole life to watch the Red Sox win a world series. Let me tell you, it sucked for a long time, but it was worth it.


Well I guess I'm in the minority. My favorite players in sc2 are Gumiho and MMA simply because they provide great games with style and skill. Gumiho's ridiculously chaotic multi tasking with refreshing openers is how I think of him, but I don't really know anything about him as a person lol. With MMA you know he will bring something powerful and new to the table in terms of strategy, not to mention his micro is sick. About the only thing I know of his personality is he hadoukened Idra on stage at MLG xD.

I guess I'm saying I prefer skill and creativity in game to the player's out of game personality. If I wanted to watch a reality tv show I'd just go turn on the TV, or something.


People from the Boston area have a love affair with rooting for the underdog. We can’t help it. And its not like the players I listed on unskilled. Hero, MC and MKP are all very talented players, but they need some guidance to get to the next level. I like MMA, but he never caught my eye or stood out from other players beyond that fact that I knew he was badass.

Also, you might want to avoid the pass aggressive digs a people who like players for their personality. None of the players I listed are particularly bad or unskilled. The whole “reality show” comments are unnecessary.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-28 16:16:46
March 28 2013 16:16 GMT
#446
On March 29 2013 01:03 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2013 00:44 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 29 2013 00:15 Plansix wrote:
On March 29 2013 00:01 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:36 Plansix wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


Players with personality are fun and make the game more enjoyable when they win. No one is going to say that MC ruins a game with his over the top personality. Even Flash has well cultivated personality as this unrelenting practice machine and guy who is never happy with his performance.

And lets never forget Keen’s amazing celebration from GSL. It is the gift that keeps on giving.


I guess but it seems like out of game personality is the only thing people care about. SC2 esports, the soap opera xD.


That’s not true for most fans, I think they have favorite players for a number of reasons. For me, I cheer for the person rather than their mechanics. I will always cheer for MC because he comes up with creative builds, plays and loves to please the crowd. I like MKP and Hero because they clearly give a shit and wear their heart’s on their sleeve. Flash is growing on me as well, but I like him more for how modest he is and his focus on raw practice.

The same goes for foreign players. I want to see Grubby and Idra do well, because I enjoy watching them play. I want to be at a barcraft if Idra wins an MLG and gets over mental blocks. Why? Because it would be awesome to be a part of. But I am an outlier in the community, it think, because I am used to waiting and cheering for the loser. I waited for my whole life to watch the Red Sox win a world series. Let me tell you, it sucked for a long time, but it was worth it.


Well I guess I'm in the minority. My favorite players in sc2 are Gumiho and MMA simply because they provide great games with style and skill. Gumiho's ridiculously chaotic multi tasking with refreshing openers is how I think of him, but I don't really know anything about him as a person lol. With MMA you know he will bring something powerful and new to the table in terms of strategy, not to mention his micro is sick. About the only thing I know of his personality is he hadoukened Idra on stage at MLG xD.

I guess I'm saying I prefer skill and creativity in game to the player's out of game personality. If I wanted to watch a reality tv show I'd just go turn on the TV, or something.


People from the Boston area have a love affair with rooting for the underdog. We can’t help it. And its not like the players I listed on unskilled. Hero, MC and MKP are all very talented players, but they need some guidance to get to the next level. I like MMA, but he never caught my eye or stood out from other players beyond that fact that I knew he was badass.

Also, you might want to avoid the pass aggressive digs a people who like players for their personality. None of the players I listed are particularly bad or unskilled. The whole “reality show” comments are unnecessary.


Sorry for that, and no I wasn't trying to claim any of the players you listed are unskilled. I was just explaining how I view the players I enjoy watching. MMA's tank medivac drop micro on taldarim plus his sexy thor rush in t v p are when I became a fan, personally. Also I'm pretty sure everyone likes MKP.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27424 Posts
March 28 2013 16:19 GMT
#447
On March 29 2013 01:16 AnomalySC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2013 01:03 Plansix wrote:
On March 29 2013 00:44 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 29 2013 00:15 Plansix wrote:
On March 29 2013 00:01 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:36 Plansix wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


Players with personality are fun and make the game more enjoyable when they win. No one is going to say that MC ruins a game with his over the top personality. Even Flash has well cultivated personality as this unrelenting practice machine and guy who is never happy with his performance.

And lets never forget Keen’s amazing celebration from GSL. It is the gift that keeps on giving.


I guess but it seems like out of game personality is the only thing people care about. SC2 esports, the soap opera xD.


That’s not true for most fans, I think they have favorite players for a number of reasons. For me, I cheer for the person rather than their mechanics. I will always cheer for MC because he comes up with creative builds, plays and loves to please the crowd. I like MKP and Hero because they clearly give a shit and wear their heart’s on their sleeve. Flash is growing on me as well, but I like him more for how modest he is and his focus on raw practice.

The same goes for foreign players. I want to see Grubby and Idra do well, because I enjoy watching them play. I want to be at a barcraft if Idra wins an MLG and gets over mental blocks. Why? Because it would be awesome to be a part of. But I am an outlier in the community, it think, because I am used to waiting and cheering for the loser. I waited for my whole life to watch the Red Sox win a world series. Let me tell you, it sucked for a long time, but it was worth it.


Well I guess I'm in the minority. My favorite players in sc2 are Gumiho and MMA simply because they provide great games with style and skill. Gumiho's ridiculously chaotic multi tasking with refreshing openers is how I think of him, but I don't really know anything about him as a person lol. With MMA you know he will bring something powerful and new to the table in terms of strategy, not to mention his micro is sick. About the only thing I know of his personality is he hadoukened Idra on stage at MLG xD.

I guess I'm saying I prefer skill and creativity in game to the player's out of game personality. If I wanted to watch a reality tv show I'd just go turn on the TV, or something.


People from the Boston area have a love affair with rooting for the underdog. We can’t help it. And its not like the players I listed on unskilled. Hero, MC and MKP are all very talented players, but they need some guidance to get to the next level. I like MMA, but he never caught my eye or stood out from other players beyond that fact that I knew he was badass.

Also, you might want to avoid the pass aggressive digs a people who like players for their personality. None of the players I listed are particularly bad or unskilled. The whole “reality show” comments are unnecessary.


Sorry for that, and no I wasn't trying to claim any of the players you listed are unskilled. I was just explaining how I view the players I enjoy watching. MMA's tank medivac drop micro on taldarim plus his sexy thor rush in t v p are when I became a fan, personally. Also I'm pretty sure everyone likes MKP.

I dislike MKP for his attempts to Imagine what Elton John would look like reincarnated as a Korean progamer. Respect the fuck out of his play, but find his style a bit gimmicky
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Whatson
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States5357 Posts
March 28 2013 16:24 GMT
#448
On March 29 2013 01:03 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2013 00:44 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 29 2013 00:15 Plansix wrote:
On March 29 2013 00:01 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:36 Plansix wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:10 AnomalySC2 wrote:
On March 28 2013 23:03 Gihi wrote:
Great news, kind of worried that they don't stick with their general popular player strategy, can't really call Alive fan-interactive. Hope they turn both of them in great personalities ^^


I still find it strange that people care so much about the player's personality outside of the game lol.


Players with personality are fun and make the game more enjoyable when they win. No one is going to say that MC ruins a game with his over the top personality. Even Flash has well cultivated personality as this unrelenting practice machine and guy who is never happy with his performance.

And lets never forget Keen’s amazing celebration from GSL. It is the gift that keeps on giving.


I guess but it seems like out of game personality is the only thing people care about. SC2 esports, the soap opera xD.


That’s not true for most fans, I think they have favorite players for a number of reasons. For me, I cheer for the person rather than their mechanics. I will always cheer for MC because he comes up with creative builds, plays and loves to please the crowd. I like MKP and Hero because they clearly give a shit and wear their heart’s on their sleeve. Flash is growing on me as well, but I like him more for how modest he is and his focus on raw practice.

The same goes for foreign players. I want to see Grubby and Idra do well, because I enjoy watching them play. I want to be at a barcraft if Idra wins an MLG and gets over mental blocks. Why? Because it would be awesome to be a part of. But I am an outlier in the community, it think, because I am used to waiting and cheering for the loser. I waited for my whole life to watch the Red Sox win a world series. Let me tell you, it sucked for a long time, but it was worth it.


Well I guess I'm in the minority. My favorite players in sc2 are Gumiho and MMA simply because they provide great games with style and skill. Gumiho's ridiculously chaotic multi tasking with refreshing openers is how I think of him, but I don't really know anything about him as a person lol. With MMA you know he will bring something powerful and new to the table in terms of strategy, not to mention his micro is sick. About the only thing I know of his personality is he hadoukened Idra on stage at MLG xD.

I guess I'm saying I prefer skill and creativity in game to the player's out of game personality. If I wanted to watch a reality tv show I'd just go turn on the TV, or something.


People from the Boston area have a love affair with rooting for the underdog. We can’t help it. And its not like the players I listed on unskilled. Hero, MC and MKP are all very talented players, but they need some guidance to get to the next level. I like MMA, but he never caught my eye or stood out from other players beyond that fact that I knew he was badass.

Also, you might want to avoid the pass aggressive digs a people who like players for their personality. None of the players I listed are particularly bad or unskilled. The whole “reality show” comments are unnecessary.

You argue this in every thread...

EGTL will hopefully get better and win some series in PL.
¯\_(シ)_/¯
Csong
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada396 Posts
March 28 2013 16:26 GMT
#449
well this is a random pickup, i guess the new coach wanted them?
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 28 2013 16:27 GMT
#450
On March 29 2013 01:26 Csong wrote:
well this is a random pickup, i guess the new coach wanted them?

They needed another Terran and aLive is the best available in Korea
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
asdfOu
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2089 Posts
March 28 2013 16:29 GMT
#451
On March 28 2013 19:22 AyaaLa wrote:
Lololol. They add the terran with the worst marine control in the world. Goodluck EG.. i guess..

dumb
rip prime
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-28 16:36:29
March 28 2013 16:32 GMT
#452
On March 29 2013 00:57 Gosi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 23:35 StarStruck wrote:
On March 28 2013 22:48 Burns wrote:
To be honest, I never really understood why EG picks up the players they pick up. I feel as though TL makes much better player acquisitions.

However, congrats to both Alive and Oz


You know I was making a lot of noise when HaydeR got picked up by TL. Apparently I wasn't the only one. Same deal when they chose Zenio as one of their first Korean's from oGs. I thought they were both terrible pick-ups and what do you know. I truly hope Zenio proves me wrong one day. With that said, aLive and Oz aren't supposed to be saviors. Don't expect them to start winning everything, but they will provide the team with a good backbone to compete. KeSPA teams other than Team 8 have big rosters. This move makes EG more dynamic and who hasn't heard of aLive or Oz?

Are the KeSPA teams really that much bigger nowadays?

By watching the official lineups EG-TL is only beaten by KT Rolster's 14 man lineup while EG-TL is on 13 players (with 10 being part of the Proleague lineup). CJ Entus and Team8 are the other teams with 10 players, STX has 11. But CJ and STX have people that doesn't even play, but let's say they act like b-teamers and practice anyway. The rest of the teams have 13 or less players. SKT have 13 players with 4 listed trainees. The other teams don't list their trainees. As we can see the lineups are pretty thin A and B-team wise.

From what I have read thru this whole sc2 switch and with the LoL domination is that the Starcraft divisions in KeSPA teams have had a pretty big cut money wise because SC isn't popular anymore and most KeSPA teams have 1 or more LoL teams. Do they really have this sea of "slave trainees" like people make it out to be? I seriously doubt it is anything like the glory days of BW.

EG-TL isn't in such a disadvantage like people want to believe. Sure, the KeSPA teams have the upper hand with their whole structure because of no language barriers and they have a couple of coaches for specific races working with the players full time which EG-TL does not, but they don't out number EG-TL in players.


That's the thing. You only have so many rosters slots on the bench and not all training/practice partners are listed. Heck a lot of them never earned their licenses in the BW days yet they would come in to help with training. Your A-Team is the bench and before each round we usually only see minor adjustments made. This sea of slave trainees is a myth and yes it's nothing like the glory days but they do exist in the same vein Korean guilds still exist.

On March 29 2013 00:49 jinorazi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 21:34 boxerfred wrote:
EG-Liquid really making a "foreign" appearance in Proleague. Not rooting for them anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love korean players, but I always thought that EG-Liquid in Proleague would've been a step towards an internationalization of eSports, meaning that foreign talents could play and learn and improve in korea. But it looks like there is no foreigner with enough dedication to do that. Stephano goes for the easy money, skipping code S once more. And the great "foreign" roster? Byebye Thorzain, you had your proleague time. EGTL roster in proleague now:

Taeja, HerO, JYP, Oz, aLive, Jaedong, korean, korean, korean... my hype is gone.

Oh, and dear EG, you de-signed Puma. Now pull the consequences. Why is HuK still playing? I see no results (correct me if I am wrong). And when I watch his games, I don't get the point of why exactly he joined EG. Kudos to him for the HuK on IdrA rivalry, and not-so-big-kudos for him leaving TL for EG's money. But his times is over, he's delivering bad games, even compared to normal foreigners as Lucifron, HasuObs or Snute.


its a hard choice:

make playoffs or make white people happy.


I think you guys are looking at this in the wrong way. Making the playoffs is a bit of a stretch. Lower your expectations and hope EG show better results in the next few rounds. You have to crawl before you can walk; you have to to walk before you can run. One step at a time folks. The goal here is making progress.
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
March 28 2013 16:37 GMT
#453
Oz should be an amazing pick-up for Proleague. He had that 3 Nexus at 4:15 into Stargate build on Daybreak that he made work every time he used it last year...

aLive is also a great addition. He's always been a great player and Terran got a huge buff in HotS.

Can't wait for round 4!
Bulkers
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland509 Posts
March 28 2013 17:24 GMT
#454
EG got like 13 players in lineup already XD
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
March 28 2013 17:27 GMT
#455
On March 29 2013 00:49 jinorazi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 21:34 boxerfred wrote:
EG-Liquid really making a "foreign" appearance in Proleague. Not rooting for them anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love korean players, but I always thought that EG-Liquid in Proleague would've been a step towards an internationalization of eSports, meaning that foreign talents could play and learn and improve in korea. But it looks like there is no foreigner with enough dedication to do that. Stephano goes for the easy money, skipping code S once more. And the great "foreign" roster? Byebye Thorzain, you had your proleague time. EGTL roster in proleague now:

Taeja, HerO, JYP, Oz, aLive, Jaedong, korean, korean, korean... my hype is gone.

Oh, and dear EG, you de-signed Puma. Now pull the consequences. Why is HuK still playing? I see no results (correct me if I am wrong). And when I watch his games, I don't get the point of why exactly he joined EG. Kudos to him for the HuK on IdrA rivalry, and not-so-big-kudos for him leaving TL for EG's money. But his times is over, he's delivering bad games, even compared to normal foreigners as Lucifron, HasuObs or Snute.


its a hard choice:

make playoffs or make white people happy.

Let's start with something more realistic.
Not getting utterly destroyed every single match.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
March 28 2013 17:32 GMT
#456
EG roster starting to look bloated. Time to trim some fat soon?
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
March 28 2013 17:39 GMT
#457
On March 29 2013 01:29 asdfOu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 19:22 AyaaLa wrote:
Lololol. They add the terran with the worst marine control in the world. Goodluck EG.. i guess..

dumb


You wouldn't happen to be FXOasd would you? :D. Now there was a terran with some sick bio control.
LuckoftheIrish
Profile Joined November 2011
United States4791 Posts
March 28 2013 17:42 GMT
#458
On March 28 2013 18:29 Incomplet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2013 10:59 Za7oX wrote:
On March 28 2013 10:47 ShowTheLights wrote:
alive has ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO personality

i dont freaking understand, hes more quiet than revival, why are people happy about this?

WHY EG?!

someone tell me ONE showing of personality that alive has shown

i just do not like him, yes hes a good player, but zero personality. blah

SPOILERRRRR

+ Show Spoiler +
all Koreans don't show much personality :O:O:O


I'm surprised people say this.
I guess Forgg asking Zoe for a good luck kiss, Zenio Throwing a rude gesture at Idra, Taeja speaking Spanish to a large audience, Keen gunning down all his team mates in a victory dance and MCs murloc suit just dont count ay?


GanZi's Gangnam Style, the Koreans-at-Twitch day, Leenock's dances, MC's no-skill-just-lucky and a whole bunch of others come to mind too.
On Twitter @GosuGamers_LotI | Grubby has a huge head!
bAtn
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden2 Posts
March 28 2013 17:48 GMT
#459
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
March 28 2013 17:52 GMT
#460
There are a handful of Koreans with colorful personalities, MC being the most obvious one. Doing a single crazy stunt doesn't mean you have an interesting personality though. Coining terms like "Idra rage" does.

You can blame it on cultural or language differences, but it is what it is.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings42
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Mong 55
Snow 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sea.KH 34
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
JulyZerg 13
Free 13
sorry 13
Terrorterran 10
zelot 8
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
qojqva1149
Gorgc864
Dendi685
Fuzer 121
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1426
shoxiejesuss679
x6flipin266
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2116
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2246
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT322
DeMusliM189
Mew2King144
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS109
Liquid`LucifroN85
QueenE65
Chillindude12
ZerO(Twitch)12
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream294
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade452
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 26m
Stellar Fest
1h 26m
OSC
12h 26m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.