• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:00
CEST 17:00
KST 00:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9794 users

Supernova gets a new look - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 30 Next All
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
December 28 2012 18:25 GMT
#341
Man, if I didn't know it was SuNo, I would think he was one of those k-pop guys
Community News
TL+ Member
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
December 28 2012 18:26 GMT
#342
On December 29 2012 03:24 mahO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 22:50 Steglich wrote:
Changing your looks that dramatically is wrong. I can't even recognize him


This. I mean if someone really feels unhappy about his appearance I can somehow understand the need to change it, well not personally but I guess I could get that, but I checked for a good minute the pictures to check if the ears were the same, the neck, because I really couldnt recognize him at ALL, thats just wrong, it's not the same person...

Funny thing about people saying stuff like that is that they think they aren't being shallow, when they are actually being ridiculously shallow. "He doesn't look the same, so he's a different person". His looks are just that, how he looks. He's the exact same person. It's like changing your fashion, just far more expensive and invasive.
Apolo
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal1259 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 19:02:15
December 28 2012 19:00 GMT
#343
On December 29 2012 02:26 Xpace wrote:
AESTHETIC ENHANCEMENT, AUGMENTATIVE or COSMETIC surgery is completely different from CORRECTIVE, or RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery; not so much in their practical applications, but in their reasoning.

There is a big difference between fixing abnormalities caused by accidents such as burns, or repairing human functions from impairment, to "I want to look like a pop star."

My original quote + Show Spoiler +
On December 28 2012 21:44 Xpace wrote:
Respect as a human being: Gone.
Respect as a pro-gamer: Still there.

Just my 2c. Plastic surgery? What was wrong with him beforehand??


Please note my question at the end: "What was wrong with him beforehand?"

Were his eyes so impaired that he couldn't see the mini-map clearly and he therefore needed corrective surgery to continue his career as a pro-gamer as a way to make a living? Or was he simply dissatisfied with his looks that he wanted to look more like a K-drama supporting actor?

Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 22:22 Snowbear wrote:
In Belgium it's almost standard to correct your teeth around age 14-15 (braces). I wonder if this plastic surgery is the next step?
Ask yourself: if 80% of the children get plastic surgery from their parents, would you give it also to your child? If you don't, it won't fit in the "group". Sad but true
And WOW @ Stork!


Crooked teeth leads to things like periodontal disease and chronic inflammation; they're also harder to clean even if you're diligent about brushing and flossing. I'm not a dentist nor have I read beyond the pamphlets and posters I come across when I visit my dentist, so I won't go into this topic too far; but as you mentioned yourself, those individuals are CORRECTING their teeth for reasons related to health and hygiene.

Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 22:15 Corrosive wrote:
You lost your respect for someone because they didn't like how they looked and they changed it?

Do you lose your respect for people who cut their hair? He just had his eyelids done.


That's a pretty bad strawman; I don't even know how to start with the haircut comparison. Seriously, what was wrong with him beforehand?

Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 00:26 Apolo wrote:
I guess you don't respect women that put silicone as well? Then you wouldn't also respect people in general that put makeup, right? Oooo bad me, trying to feel better about myself by changing the way i look. Who cares if my self-esteem is crap right? I will lose respect as a human being if i do comestic surgery. Seriously.... don't post stupid things like that.


"Trying to feel better about myself" - seriously? Don't post stupid things that.

You want to feel better about yourself? Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen. Donate some clothes you never wear to that man in rags down the street. Sponsor as many children as you can in Bangladesh. Make friends with that guy who has no friends because of his looks. There are many ways to reward yourself and make yourself feel like a good human being than "I want to look like X because Hollywood says so."

I'm not hating on the guy. I'm not saying what he did was wrong. I'm not advocating that other people should look down on those who want to go under the knife to look like the people they see in magazines and on TV. It's just my personal opinion; I dislike aesthetic plastic surgery, I consider it unnecessary and fake, and I don't like how society pushes men to look like X, or women to look like Y, especially when the level of what's considered "beautiful" or "attractive" is so twisted and malformed by companies who are out to push products by shoving the face of a person who's 1 in 10'000 or 100'000, with a crew of 10 people applying make-up, lighting, and unrealistic scenarios topped off by abhorrent transformations through Photoshop or whatnot. A woman shouldn't need Cosmopolitan or Vogue to tell her she's beautiful, a man shouldn't need to look like a Calvin Klein underwear model to be confident in himself, people shouldn't need to feel so insecure that they'd twist themselves to conform to an unrealistic standard.

I'm repeating it one last time; this is just my opinion on the matter. I do not and will not try and stop somebody from doing whatever makes them happy. But I have the right to judge someone as I see fit, just as some people judge me, fairly or unfairly, for whatever I do or don't do.

What was wrong with him beforehand?


Ok, so by that logic you must dress really poorly and never wear perfume. Bad clothes tend to be cheaper, so if you don't care about looks (because by your logic if you were feeling bad about yourself (which bad looks tend to do) you would go to a homeless shelter instead of changing your appearance by means of better clothes), might as well buy the cheapest thing. I suppose you also never put perfume, because it's also fake.

Plastic surgery is as fake as makeup, or as fake as when you properly comb your hair with gel, or when you put perfume, or when you buy clothes that make you look more slim, or more fit... just not as permanent (except tatoos), at least for the time being.

I also suppose, if there was a way to increase one's intelligence, you for sure, wouldn't take that, because it's fake, and because even if average there wasn't anything wrong with it before. "What's wrong with him?" Nothing, he just wanted to look better.

At the end of your post i do agree with your words. We are pushed to very high heights of attractiveness and by comparison people feel less confident, but still that's not Supernova's fault... so that's why i think you were misleading your anger to Supernova when you actually meant to direct it at companies that portray beauty unrealisticly.
eScaper-tsunami
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada313 Posts
December 28 2012 19:01 GMT
#344
I don't know why people are making such a big deal out of it... makeup, braces (teeth straightening), teeth whitening, piercings, tattooes.... probably everybody has one of those done...
RuhRoh is my herO
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
December 28 2012 19:02 GMT
#345
He looks like Ganzi or Nada
Long live the Boss Toss!
emythrel
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom2599 Posts
December 28 2012 19:05 GMT
#346
On December 29 2012 03:26 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 03:24 mahO wrote:
On December 28 2012 22:50 Steglich wrote:
Changing your looks that dramatically is wrong. I can't even recognize him


This. I mean if someone really feels unhappy about his appearance I can somehow understand the need to change it, well not personally but I guess I could get that, but I checked for a good minute the pictures to check if the ears were the same, the neck, because I really couldnt recognize him at ALL, thats just wrong, it's not the same person...

Funny thing about people saying stuff like that is that they think they aren't being shallow, when they are actually being ridiculously shallow. "He doesn't look the same, so he's a different person". His looks are just that, how he looks. He's the exact same person. It's like changing your fashion, just far more expensive and invasive.


its really not. Changing your appearance via cosmetic surgery has a massive psychological effect, most people who have it also have a large shift in self perception and personality. Changing your clothes might make you feel better about yourself, but it doesn't change who you are, because when you look in the mirror you still have the same face and body staring back at you.
When there is nothing left to lose but your dignity, it is already gone.
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
December 28 2012 19:06 GMT
#347
plastic surgery is like makeup?

wtf am i reading. lets get bionical arms and completly new heads, its all just makeup :D
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
December 28 2012 19:13 GMT
#348
Mah, good for him, though kind of sad can't use all his nicknames now
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
mahO
Profile Joined April 2011
France274 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 19:17:57
December 28 2012 19:14 GMT
#349
On December 29 2012 03:26 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 03:24 mahO wrote:
On December 28 2012 22:50 Steglich wrote:
Changing your looks that dramatically is wrong. I can't even recognize him


This. I mean if someone really feels unhappy about his appearance I can somehow understand the need to change it, well not personally but I guess I could get that, but I checked for a good minute the pictures to check if the ears were the same, the neck, because I really couldnt recognize him at ALL, thats just wrong, it's not the same person...

Funny thing about people saying stuff like that is that they think they aren't being shallow, when they are actually being ridiculously shallow. "He doesn't look the same, so he's a different person". His looks are just that, how he looks. He's the exact same person. It's like changing your fashion, just far more expensive and invasive.


I'm talking about HIM, idiot, I'm not being shallow, he changed his own FACE, the face he saw in the mirror since his birth, the face he got from his genes, his elders, his parents, its part of HIM, I dont give a shit, I'm not judging, I'm saying its unhealthy to change your face to a point where his parents, his friends, will hardly recognize him, and even himself, will have trouble with it.
There is a reason people have an obligation to get checked psychologically after changing face, so no, its not like "changing fashion" rofl

Edit : It is to a point where fans wont recognize him at all at events, like "who the fuck is this guy?" "dunno maybe a broodwar pro", I mean seriously, you change your face that much if you want to go to Mexico and change identity
DinosaurJones
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1000 Posts
December 28 2012 19:14 GMT
#350
Daaaaaaaaaaaaang
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
December 28 2012 19:18 GMT
#351
On December 28 2012 23:18 Wildmoon wrote:
I think he looked better before. He looks kinda girlish with this new look.

every single good looking korean men look kinda girlish
Glenn313
Profile Joined August 2011
United States475 Posts
December 28 2012 19:19 GMT
#352
I liked his old look..
Hey man
hootsushi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany3468 Posts
December 28 2012 19:20 GMT
#353
Wow completely different person O.O
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
December 28 2012 19:23 GMT
#354
I actually think he looks way better with his new look and if it makes him happy; great for him!
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
EleanorRIgby
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada3923 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 19:31:27
December 28 2012 19:28 GMT
#355
On December 29 2012 04:18 ROOTFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 23:18 Wildmoon wrote:
I think he looked better before. He looks kinda girlish with this new look.

every single good looking korean men look kinda girlish


there are a few exceptions, but i can only think of reach lool

and lets be honest people, look at his eyes in the before picture it was showing like less then 20% of his eye. The surgery did make him look better, and being a young adult Korean that's in the spotlight a lot he was probably thinking about it for a long time. I just hope SK doesn't escalate in to full body morphing like some of those Japenese men to look like women.
savior did nothing wrong
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
December 28 2012 19:29 GMT
#356
On December 29 2012 04:00 Apolo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 02:26 Xpace wrote:
AESTHETIC ENHANCEMENT, AUGMENTATIVE or COSMETIC surgery is completely different from CORRECTIVE, or RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery; not so much in their practical applications, but in their reasoning.

There is a big difference between fixing abnormalities caused by accidents such as burns, or repairing human functions from impairment, to "I want to look like a pop star."

My original quote + Show Spoiler +
On December 28 2012 21:44 Xpace wrote:
Respect as a human being: Gone.
Respect as a pro-gamer: Still there.

Just my 2c. Plastic surgery? What was wrong with him beforehand??


Please note my question at the end: "What was wrong with him beforehand?"

Were his eyes so impaired that he couldn't see the mini-map clearly and he therefore needed corrective surgery to continue his career as a pro-gamer as a way to make a living? Or was he simply dissatisfied with his looks that he wanted to look more like a K-drama supporting actor?

On December 28 2012 22:22 Snowbear wrote:
In Belgium it's almost standard to correct your teeth around age 14-15 (braces). I wonder if this plastic surgery is the next step?
Ask yourself: if 80% of the children get plastic surgery from their parents, would you give it also to your child? If you don't, it won't fit in the "group". Sad but true
And WOW @ Stork!


Crooked teeth leads to things like periodontal disease and chronic inflammation; they're also harder to clean even if you're diligent about brushing and flossing. I'm not a dentist nor have I read beyond the pamphlets and posters I come across when I visit my dentist, so I won't go into this topic too far; but as you mentioned yourself, those individuals are CORRECTING their teeth for reasons related to health and hygiene.

On December 28 2012 22:15 Corrosive wrote:
You lost your respect for someone because they didn't like how they looked and they changed it?

Do you lose your respect for people who cut their hair? He just had his eyelids done.


That's a pretty bad strawman; I don't even know how to start with the haircut comparison. Seriously, what was wrong with him beforehand?

On December 29 2012 00:26 Apolo wrote:
I guess you don't respect women that put silicone as well? Then you wouldn't also respect people in general that put makeup, right? Oooo bad me, trying to feel better about myself by changing the way i look. Who cares if my self-esteem is crap right? I will lose respect as a human being if i do comestic surgery. Seriously.... don't post stupid things like that.


"Trying to feel better about myself" - seriously? Don't post stupid things that.

You want to feel better about yourself? Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen. Donate some clothes you never wear to that man in rags down the street. Sponsor as many children as you can in Bangladesh. Make friends with that guy who has no friends because of his looks. There are many ways to reward yourself and make yourself feel like a good human being than "I want to look like X because Hollywood says so."

I'm not hating on the guy. I'm not saying what he did was wrong. I'm not advocating that other people should look down on those who want to go under the knife to look like the people they see in magazines and on TV. It's just my personal opinion; I dislike aesthetic plastic surgery, I consider it unnecessary and fake, and I don't like how society pushes men to look like X, or women to look like Y, especially when the level of what's considered "beautiful" or "attractive" is so twisted and malformed by companies who are out to push products by shoving the face of a person who's 1 in 10'000 or 100'000, with a crew of 10 people applying make-up, lighting, and unrealistic scenarios topped off by abhorrent transformations through Photoshop or whatnot. A woman shouldn't need Cosmopolitan or Vogue to tell her she's beautiful, a man shouldn't need to look like a Calvin Klein underwear model to be confident in himself, people shouldn't need to feel so insecure that they'd twist themselves to conform to an unrealistic standard.

I'm repeating it one last time; this is just my opinion on the matter. I do not and will not try and stop somebody from doing whatever makes them happy. But I have the right to judge someone as I see fit, just as some people judge me, fairly or unfairly, for whatever I do or don't do.

What was wrong with him beforehand?


Ok, so by that logic you must dress really poorly and never wear perfume. Bad clothes tend to be cheaper, so if you don't care about looks (because by your logic if you were feeling bad about yourself (which bad looks tend to do) you would go to a homeless shelter instead of changing your appearance by means of better clothes), might as well buy the cheapest thing. I suppose you also never put perfume, because it's also fake.

Plastic surgery is as fake as makeup, or as fake as when you properly comb your hair with gel, or when you put perfume, or when you buy clothes that make you look more slim, or more fit... just not as permanent (except tatoos), at least for the time being.

I also suppose, if there was a way to increase one's intelligence, you for sure, wouldn't take that, because it's fake, and because even if average there wasn't anything wrong with it before. "What's wrong with him?" Nothing, he just wanted to look better.

At the end of your post i do agree with your words. We are pushed to very high heights of attractiveness and by comparison people feel less confident, but still that's not Supernova's fault... so that's why i think you were misleading your anger to Supernova when you actually meant to direct it at companies that portray beauty unrealisticly.

i actually have alot less respect for people that get plastic surgery, put makeup on or try to "fake" what they look like, i dont care if someone isn't a supermodel but i do care if you are basically trying to physically lie (in my eyes) about what you look like, it feels dishonest
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
December 28 2012 19:31 GMT
#357
People who are against cosmetic surgery are simply denying the existence and practical application of technology. We have control over our physical apperance, and many people feel this is wrong due to religious or other beliefs. The idea that you're born perfect is a fallacy.The fact we have the technology to alter ourselves in our own fashion is incredible and amazing and in the future will only get more advanced and widespread
Hudson Valley Progamer
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
December 28 2012 19:33 GMT
#358
On December 29 2012 04:29 sc14s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 04:00 Apolo wrote:
On December 29 2012 02:26 Xpace wrote:
AESTHETIC ENHANCEMENT, AUGMENTATIVE or COSMETIC surgery is completely different from CORRECTIVE, or RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery; not so much in their practical applications, but in their reasoning.

There is a big difference between fixing abnormalities caused by accidents such as burns, or repairing human functions from impairment, to "I want to look like a pop star."

My original quote + Show Spoiler +
On December 28 2012 21:44 Xpace wrote:
Respect as a human being: Gone.
Respect as a pro-gamer: Still there.

Just my 2c. Plastic surgery? What was wrong with him beforehand??


Please note my question at the end: "What was wrong with him beforehand?"

Were his eyes so impaired that he couldn't see the mini-map clearly and he therefore needed corrective surgery to continue his career as a pro-gamer as a way to make a living? Or was he simply dissatisfied with his looks that he wanted to look more like a K-drama supporting actor?

On December 28 2012 22:22 Snowbear wrote:
In Belgium it's almost standard to correct your teeth around age 14-15 (braces). I wonder if this plastic surgery is the next step?
Ask yourself: if 80% of the children get plastic surgery from their parents, would you give it also to your child? If you don't, it won't fit in the "group". Sad but true
And WOW @ Stork!


Crooked teeth leads to things like periodontal disease and chronic inflammation; they're also harder to clean even if you're diligent about brushing and flossing. I'm not a dentist nor have I read beyond the pamphlets and posters I come across when I visit my dentist, so I won't go into this topic too far; but as you mentioned yourself, those individuals are CORRECTING their teeth for reasons related to health and hygiene.

On December 28 2012 22:15 Corrosive wrote:
You lost your respect for someone because they didn't like how they looked and they changed it?

Do you lose your respect for people who cut their hair? He just had his eyelids done.


That's a pretty bad strawman; I don't even know how to start with the haircut comparison. Seriously, what was wrong with him beforehand?

On December 29 2012 00:26 Apolo wrote:
I guess you don't respect women that put silicone as well? Then you wouldn't also respect people in general that put makeup, right? Oooo bad me, trying to feel better about myself by changing the way i look. Who cares if my self-esteem is crap right? I will lose respect as a human being if i do comestic surgery. Seriously.... don't post stupid things like that.


"Trying to feel better about myself" - seriously? Don't post stupid things that.

You want to feel better about yourself? Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen. Donate some clothes you never wear to that man in rags down the street. Sponsor as many children as you can in Bangladesh. Make friends with that guy who has no friends because of his looks. There are many ways to reward yourself and make yourself feel like a good human being than "I want to look like X because Hollywood says so."

I'm not hating on the guy. I'm not saying what he did was wrong. I'm not advocating that other people should look down on those who want to go under the knife to look like the people they see in magazines and on TV. It's just my personal opinion; I dislike aesthetic plastic surgery, I consider it unnecessary and fake, and I don't like how society pushes men to look like X, or women to look like Y, especially when the level of what's considered "beautiful" or "attractive" is so twisted and malformed by companies who are out to push products by shoving the face of a person who's 1 in 10'000 or 100'000, with a crew of 10 people applying make-up, lighting, and unrealistic scenarios topped off by abhorrent transformations through Photoshop or whatnot. A woman shouldn't need Cosmopolitan or Vogue to tell her she's beautiful, a man shouldn't need to look like a Calvin Klein underwear model to be confident in himself, people shouldn't need to feel so insecure that they'd twist themselves to conform to an unrealistic standard.

I'm repeating it one last time; this is just my opinion on the matter. I do not and will not try and stop somebody from doing whatever makes them happy. But I have the right to judge someone as I see fit, just as some people judge me, fairly or unfairly, for whatever I do or don't do.

What was wrong with him beforehand?


Ok, so by that logic you must dress really poorly and never wear perfume. Bad clothes tend to be cheaper, so if you don't care about looks (because by your logic if you were feeling bad about yourself (which bad looks tend to do) you would go to a homeless shelter instead of changing your appearance by means of better clothes), might as well buy the cheapest thing. I suppose you also never put perfume, because it's also fake.

Plastic surgery is as fake as makeup, or as fake as when you properly comb your hair with gel, or when you put perfume, or when you buy clothes that make you look more slim, or more fit... just not as permanent (except tatoos), at least for the time being.

I also suppose, if there was a way to increase one's intelligence, you for sure, wouldn't take that, because it's fake, and because even if average there wasn't anything wrong with it before. "What's wrong with him?" Nothing, he just wanted to look better.

At the end of your post i do agree with your words. We are pushed to very high heights of attractiveness and by comparison people feel less confident, but still that's not Supernova's fault... so that's why i think you were misleading your anger to Supernova when you actually meant to direct it at companies that portray beauty unrealisticly.

i actually have alot less respect for people that get plastic surgery, put makeup on or try to "fake" what they look like, i dont care if someone isn't a supermodel but i do care if you are basically trying to physically lie (in my eyes) about what you look like, it feels dishonest



It's not a lie if they do look like that. You're assuming how they used to be is how they really are which isn't the case. They are as they present themselves. Who are you to define someones individual reality?
Hudson Valley Progamer
QuakerOats
Profile Joined April 2009
United States1024 Posts
December 28 2012 19:45 GMT
#359
Now I can't call him the battle droid Terran any more
WikidSik
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada382 Posts
December 28 2012 19:49 GMT
#360
huh it looks kinda natural, usually u can tell plastic surgery from real.:/ not sure if I agree with his decision though. Im a pretty no plastic surgery guy unless its stopping you from living (like stats man chin)
Iv been here for 5.5 years. My other accounts are named "Sonu" and "Dalroti" || I had some more but I cant find them XD || known in sc2 as "Sonu"
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 685
ComeBackTV 434
SteadfastSC357
Rex135
CosmosSc2 55
EnkiAlexander 42
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 357
Rex 135
ProTech132
CosmosSc2 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47426
Jaedong 1276
Hyuk 908
Soma 845
Mini 630
BeSt 571
Horang2 568
Soulkey 431
EffOrt 427
Larva 391
[ Show more ]
Stork 326
ZerO 325
Last 265
Snow 255
ggaemo 253
Rush 222
Killer 78
hero 76
Mind 62
Free 53
Shinee 38
sorry 35
Shine 30
Sharp 30
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 22
Terrorterran 22
Trap 17
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Rock 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8192
qojqva1183
Dendi767
Counter-Strike
Fnx 707
x6flipin248
markeloff116
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2294
Khaldor1935
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2955
singsing2134
olofmeister1332
hiko925
B2W.Neo869
byalli409
Liquid`VortiX179
KnowMe112
Mew2King86
QueenE78
Railgan17
Trikslyr17
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• mYiSmile10
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2132
League of Legends
• Nemesis1811
• Jankos1280
• TFBlade817
Other Games
• Shiphtur302
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
19h
OSC
22h
Stellar Fest
22h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 22h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.