• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:47
CEST 16:47
KST 23:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8678 users

Supernova gets a new look - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 30 Next All
Shinobi1982
Profile Joined January 2011
1605 Posts
December 28 2012 19:50 GMT
#361
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Without knowing, if someone said that's Supernova I'd like to know what that person is on and if I can have some.
Train like an animal, eat like a horse, sleep like a baby, grow like a weed.
trinxified
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada7774 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 19:54:14
December 28 2012 19:53 GMT
#362
Maybe it doesn't look as real as we see it in pictures..

It's usually obvious that someone underwent plastic surgery, but these pictures don't suggest that immediately.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
December 28 2012 19:58 GMT
#363
This thread is full of a lot of observer privilege, and by that I mean a lot of folks seem over-invested in the judgmental capacity of their own perspective rather than acknowledging another's right to "look" how they want to. Sure, there are cases where shallow people get plastic surgery for purely cosmetic reasons, but to judge someone for exercising personal agency when it comes to appearance is about as shallow as it gets. Instead of thinking "Oh, this person has changed the way they look, they must be misrepresenting themselves.", try and consider the possibility that someone's identity and their physical appearance might be at representational odds. The same sort of thing happens when transgender issues get brought up; people ought to have the right to be called what they like and look how they desire, within the boundaries of good health of course.

(And if you are one of those people who thinks "Any dramatic alteration of your physical appearance is unhealthy", then I would suggest that you do some research on the psychology of identification and self-image, these things are never so simple.)
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
December 28 2012 20:00 GMT
#364
On December 29 2012 04:18 ROOTFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 23:18 Wildmoon wrote:
I think he looked better before. He looks kinda girlish with this new look.

every single good looking korean men look kinda girlish


I think someone like David Kim,Polt or MMA look pretty ok and they don't look girlish at all.
ES.Genie
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1370 Posts
December 28 2012 20:04 GMT
#365
On December 29 2012 04:29 sc14s wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 04:00 Apolo wrote:
On December 29 2012 02:26 Xpace wrote:
AESTHETIC ENHANCEMENT, AUGMENTATIVE or COSMETIC surgery is completely different from CORRECTIVE, or RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery; not so much in their practical applications, but in their reasoning.

There is a big difference between fixing abnormalities caused by accidents such as burns, or repairing human functions from impairment, to "I want to look like a pop star."

My original quote + Show Spoiler +
On December 28 2012 21:44 Xpace wrote:
Respect as a human being: Gone.
Respect as a pro-gamer: Still there.

Just my 2c. Plastic surgery? What was wrong with him beforehand??


Please note my question at the end: "What was wrong with him beforehand?"

Were his eyes so impaired that he couldn't see the mini-map clearly and he therefore needed corrective surgery to continue his career as a pro-gamer as a way to make a living? Or was he simply dissatisfied with his looks that he wanted to look more like a K-drama supporting actor?

On December 28 2012 22:22 Snowbear wrote:
In Belgium it's almost standard to correct your teeth around age 14-15 (braces). I wonder if this plastic surgery is the next step?
Ask yourself: if 80% of the children get plastic surgery from their parents, would you give it also to your child? If you don't, it won't fit in the "group". Sad but true
And WOW @ Stork!


Crooked teeth leads to things like periodontal disease and chronic inflammation; they're also harder to clean even if you're diligent about brushing and flossing. I'm not a dentist nor have I read beyond the pamphlets and posters I come across when I visit my dentist, so I won't go into this topic too far; but as you mentioned yourself, those individuals are CORRECTING their teeth for reasons related to health and hygiene.

On December 28 2012 22:15 Corrosive wrote:
You lost your respect for someone because they didn't like how they looked and they changed it?

Do you lose your respect for people who cut their hair? He just had his eyelids done.


That's a pretty bad strawman; I don't even know how to start with the haircut comparison. Seriously, what was wrong with him beforehand?

On December 29 2012 00:26 Apolo wrote:
I guess you don't respect women that put silicone as well? Then you wouldn't also respect people in general that put makeup, right? Oooo bad me, trying to feel better about myself by changing the way i look. Who cares if my self-esteem is crap right? I will lose respect as a human being if i do comestic surgery. Seriously.... don't post stupid things like that.


"Trying to feel better about myself" - seriously? Don't post stupid things that.

You want to feel better about yourself? Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen. Donate some clothes you never wear to that man in rags down the street. Sponsor as many children as you can in Bangladesh. Make friends with that guy who has no friends because of his looks. There are many ways to reward yourself and make yourself feel like a good human being than "I want to look like X because Hollywood says so."

I'm not hating on the guy. I'm not saying what he did was wrong. I'm not advocating that other people should look down on those who want to go under the knife to look like the people they see in magazines and on TV. It's just my personal opinion; I dislike aesthetic plastic surgery, I consider it unnecessary and fake, and I don't like how society pushes men to look like X, or women to look like Y, especially when the level of what's considered "beautiful" or "attractive" is so twisted and malformed by companies who are out to push products by shoving the face of a person who's 1 in 10'000 or 100'000, with a crew of 10 people applying make-up, lighting, and unrealistic scenarios topped off by abhorrent transformations through Photoshop or whatnot. A woman shouldn't need Cosmopolitan or Vogue to tell her she's beautiful, a man shouldn't need to look like a Calvin Klein underwear model to be confident in himself, people shouldn't need to feel so insecure that they'd twist themselves to conform to an unrealistic standard.

I'm repeating it one last time; this is just my opinion on the matter. I do not and will not try and stop somebody from doing whatever makes them happy. But I have the right to judge someone as I see fit, just as some people judge me, fairly or unfairly, for whatever I do or don't do.

What was wrong with him beforehand?


Ok, so by that logic you must dress really poorly and never wear perfume. Bad clothes tend to be cheaper, so if you don't care about looks (because by your logic if you were feeling bad about yourself (which bad looks tend to do) you would go to a homeless shelter instead of changing your appearance by means of better clothes), might as well buy the cheapest thing. I suppose you also never put perfume, because it's also fake.

Plastic surgery is as fake as makeup, or as fake as when you properly comb your hair with gel, or when you put perfume, or when you buy clothes that make you look more slim, or more fit... just not as permanent (except tatoos), at least for the time being.

I also suppose, if there was a way to increase one's intelligence, you for sure, wouldn't take that, because it's fake, and because even if average there wasn't anything wrong with it before. "What's wrong with him?" Nothing, he just wanted to look better.

At the end of your post i do agree with your words. We are pushed to very high heights of attractiveness and by comparison people feel less confident, but still that's not Supernova's fault... so that's why i think you were misleading your anger to Supernova when you actually meant to direct it at companies that portray beauty unrealisticly.

i actually have alot less respect for people that get plastic surgery, put makeup on or try to "fake" what they look like, i dont care if someone isn't a supermodel but i do care if you are basically trying to physically lie (in my eyes) about what you look like, it feels dishonest

Lol and I thought I'm superficial. You have less respect for people that wear makeup, shave or do basically anything to not look like a damn monkey? Must be a good world for you to live in.
No Mvp, no care. ~ the King will be back | Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Phil Heath |
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
December 28 2012 20:04 GMT
#366
On December 29 2012 04:33 Klipsys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 04:29 sc14s wrote:
On December 29 2012 04:00 Apolo wrote:
On December 29 2012 02:26 Xpace wrote:
AESTHETIC ENHANCEMENT, AUGMENTATIVE or COSMETIC surgery is completely different from CORRECTIVE, or RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery; not so much in their practical applications, but in their reasoning.

There is a big difference between fixing abnormalities caused by accidents such as burns, or repairing human functions from impairment, to "I want to look like a pop star."

My original quote + Show Spoiler +
On December 28 2012 21:44 Xpace wrote:
Respect as a human being: Gone.
Respect as a pro-gamer: Still there.

Just my 2c. Plastic surgery? What was wrong with him beforehand??


Please note my question at the end: "What was wrong with him beforehand?"

Were his eyes so impaired that he couldn't see the mini-map clearly and he therefore needed corrective surgery to continue his career as a pro-gamer as a way to make a living? Or was he simply dissatisfied with his looks that he wanted to look more like a K-drama supporting actor?

On December 28 2012 22:22 Snowbear wrote:
In Belgium it's almost standard to correct your teeth around age 14-15 (braces). I wonder if this plastic surgery is the next step?
Ask yourself: if 80% of the children get plastic surgery from their parents, would you give it also to your child? If you don't, it won't fit in the "group". Sad but true
And WOW @ Stork!


Crooked teeth leads to things like periodontal disease and chronic inflammation; they're also harder to clean even if you're diligent about brushing and flossing. I'm not a dentist nor have I read beyond the pamphlets and posters I come across when I visit my dentist, so I won't go into this topic too far; but as you mentioned yourself, those individuals are CORRECTING their teeth for reasons related to health and hygiene.

On December 28 2012 22:15 Corrosive wrote:
You lost your respect for someone because they didn't like how they looked and they changed it?

Do you lose your respect for people who cut their hair? He just had his eyelids done.


That's a pretty bad strawman; I don't even know how to start with the haircut comparison. Seriously, what was wrong with him beforehand?

On December 29 2012 00:26 Apolo wrote:
I guess you don't respect women that put silicone as well? Then you wouldn't also respect people in general that put makeup, right? Oooo bad me, trying to feel better about myself by changing the way i look. Who cares if my self-esteem is crap right? I will lose respect as a human being if i do comestic surgery. Seriously.... don't post stupid things like that.


"Trying to feel better about myself" - seriously? Don't post stupid things that.

You want to feel better about yourself? Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen. Donate some clothes you never wear to that man in rags down the street. Sponsor as many children as you can in Bangladesh. Make friends with that guy who has no friends because of his looks. There are many ways to reward yourself and make yourself feel like a good human being than "I want to look like X because Hollywood says so."

I'm not hating on the guy. I'm not saying what he did was wrong. I'm not advocating that other people should look down on those who want to go under the knife to look like the people they see in magazines and on TV. It's just my personal opinion; I dislike aesthetic plastic surgery, I consider it unnecessary and fake, and I don't like how society pushes men to look like X, or women to look like Y, especially when the level of what's considered "beautiful" or "attractive" is so twisted and malformed by companies who are out to push products by shoving the face of a person who's 1 in 10'000 or 100'000, with a crew of 10 people applying make-up, lighting, and unrealistic scenarios topped off by abhorrent transformations through Photoshop or whatnot. A woman shouldn't need Cosmopolitan or Vogue to tell her she's beautiful, a man shouldn't need to look like a Calvin Klein underwear model to be confident in himself, people shouldn't need to feel so insecure that they'd twist themselves to conform to an unrealistic standard.

I'm repeating it one last time; this is just my opinion on the matter. I do not and will not try and stop somebody from doing whatever makes them happy. But I have the right to judge someone as I see fit, just as some people judge me, fairly or unfairly, for whatever I do or don't do.

What was wrong with him beforehand?


Ok, so by that logic you must dress really poorly and never wear perfume. Bad clothes tend to be cheaper, so if you don't care about looks (because by your logic if you were feeling bad about yourself (which bad looks tend to do) you would go to a homeless shelter instead of changing your appearance by means of better clothes), might as well buy the cheapest thing. I suppose you also never put perfume, because it's also fake.

Plastic surgery is as fake as makeup, or as fake as when you properly comb your hair with gel, or when you put perfume, or when you buy clothes that make you look more slim, or more fit... just not as permanent (except tatoos), at least for the time being.

I also suppose, if there was a way to increase one's intelligence, you for sure, wouldn't take that, because it's fake, and because even if average there wasn't anything wrong with it before. "What's wrong with him?" Nothing, he just wanted to look better.

At the end of your post i do agree with your words. We are pushed to very high heights of attractiveness and by comparison people feel less confident, but still that's not Supernova's fault... so that's why i think you were misleading your anger to Supernova when you actually meant to direct it at companies that portray beauty unrealisticly.

i actually have alot less respect for people that get plastic surgery, put makeup on or try to "fake" what they look like, i dont care if someone isn't a supermodel but i do care if you are basically trying to physically lie (in my eyes) about what you look like, it feels dishonest



It's not a lie if they do look like that. You're assuming how they used to be is how they really are which isn't the case. They are as they present themselves. Who are you to define someones individual reality?

Obviously would be why i stated it was how I personally view them. Who are you to define my individual reality?
decado90
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States480 Posts
December 28 2012 20:06 GMT
#367
On December 29 2012 05:04 ES.Genie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 04:29 sc14s wrote:
On December 29 2012 04:00 Apolo wrote:
On December 29 2012 02:26 Xpace wrote:
AESTHETIC ENHANCEMENT, AUGMENTATIVE or COSMETIC surgery is completely different from CORRECTIVE, or RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery; not so much in their practical applications, but in their reasoning.

There is a big difference between fixing abnormalities caused by accidents such as burns, or repairing human functions from impairment, to "I want to look like a pop star."

My original quote + Show Spoiler +
On December 28 2012 21:44 Xpace wrote:
Respect as a human being: Gone.
Respect as a pro-gamer: Still there.

Just my 2c. Plastic surgery? What was wrong with him beforehand??


Please note my question at the end: "What was wrong with him beforehand?"

Were his eyes so impaired that he couldn't see the mini-map clearly and he therefore needed corrective surgery to continue his career as a pro-gamer as a way to make a living? Or was he simply dissatisfied with his looks that he wanted to look more like a K-drama supporting actor?

On December 28 2012 22:22 Snowbear wrote:
In Belgium it's almost standard to correct your teeth around age 14-15 (braces). I wonder if this plastic surgery is the next step?
Ask yourself: if 80% of the children get plastic surgery from their parents, would you give it also to your child? If you don't, it won't fit in the "group". Sad but true
And WOW @ Stork!


Crooked teeth leads to things like periodontal disease and chronic inflammation; they're also harder to clean even if you're diligent about brushing and flossing. I'm not a dentist nor have I read beyond the pamphlets and posters I come across when I visit my dentist, so I won't go into this topic too far; but as you mentioned yourself, those individuals are CORRECTING their teeth for reasons related to health and hygiene.

On December 28 2012 22:15 Corrosive wrote:
You lost your respect for someone because they didn't like how they looked and they changed it?

Do you lose your respect for people who cut their hair? He just had his eyelids done.


That's a pretty bad strawman; I don't even know how to start with the haircut comparison. Seriously, what was wrong with him beforehand?

On December 29 2012 00:26 Apolo wrote:
I guess you don't respect women that put silicone as well? Then you wouldn't also respect people in general that put makeup, right? Oooo bad me, trying to feel better about myself by changing the way i look. Who cares if my self-esteem is crap right? I will lose respect as a human being if i do comestic surgery. Seriously.... don't post stupid things like that.


"Trying to feel better about myself" - seriously? Don't post stupid things that.

You want to feel better about yourself? Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen. Donate some clothes you never wear to that man in rags down the street. Sponsor as many children as you can in Bangladesh. Make friends with that guy who has no friends because of his looks. There are many ways to reward yourself and make yourself feel like a good human being than "I want to look like X because Hollywood says so."

I'm not hating on the guy. I'm not saying what he did was wrong. I'm not advocating that other people should look down on those who want to go under the knife to look like the people they see in magazines and on TV. It's just my personal opinion; I dislike aesthetic plastic surgery, I consider it unnecessary and fake, and I don't like how society pushes men to look like X, or women to look like Y, especially when the level of what's considered "beautiful" or "attractive" is so twisted and malformed by companies who are out to push products by shoving the face of a person who's 1 in 10'000 or 100'000, with a crew of 10 people applying make-up, lighting, and unrealistic scenarios topped off by abhorrent transformations through Photoshop or whatnot. A woman shouldn't need Cosmopolitan or Vogue to tell her she's beautiful, a man shouldn't need to look like a Calvin Klein underwear model to be confident in himself, people shouldn't need to feel so insecure that they'd twist themselves to conform to an unrealistic standard.

I'm repeating it one last time; this is just my opinion on the matter. I do not and will not try and stop somebody from doing whatever makes them happy. But I have the right to judge someone as I see fit, just as some people judge me, fairly or unfairly, for whatever I do or don't do.

What was wrong with him beforehand?


Ok, so by that logic you must dress really poorly and never wear perfume. Bad clothes tend to be cheaper, so if you don't care about looks (because by your logic if you were feeling bad about yourself (which bad looks tend to do) you would go to a homeless shelter instead of changing your appearance by means of better clothes), might as well buy the cheapest thing. I suppose you also never put perfume, because it's also fake.

Plastic surgery is as fake as makeup, or as fake as when you properly comb your hair with gel, or when you put perfume, or when you buy clothes that make you look more slim, or more fit... just not as permanent (except tatoos), at least for the time being.

I also suppose, if there was a way to increase one's intelligence, you for sure, wouldn't take that, because it's fake, and because even if average there wasn't anything wrong with it before. "What's wrong with him?" Nothing, he just wanted to look better.

At the end of your post i do agree with your words. We are pushed to very high heights of attractiveness and by comparison people feel less confident, but still that's not Supernova's fault... so that's why i think you were misleading your anger to Supernova when you actually meant to direct it at companies that portray beauty unrealisticly.

i actually have alot less respect for people that get plastic surgery, put makeup on or try to "fake" what they look like, i dont care if someone isn't a supermodel but i do care if you are basically trying to physically lie (in my eyes) about what you look like, it feels dishonest

Lol and I thought I'm superficial. You have less respect for people that wear makeup, shave or do basically anything to not look like a damn monkey? Must be a good world for you to live in.



I do not grok.
"Be formless like water"- Bruce Lee
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 20:19:08
December 28 2012 20:06 GMT
#368
On December 29 2012 05:04 ES.Genie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 04:29 sc14s wrote:
On December 29 2012 04:00 Apolo wrote:
On December 29 2012 02:26 Xpace wrote:
AESTHETIC ENHANCEMENT, AUGMENTATIVE or COSMETIC surgery is completely different from CORRECTIVE, or RECONSTRUCTIVE surgery; not so much in their practical applications, but in their reasoning.

There is a big difference between fixing abnormalities caused by accidents such as burns, or repairing human functions from impairment, to "I want to look like a pop star."

My original quote + Show Spoiler +
On December 28 2012 21:44 Xpace wrote:
Respect as a human being: Gone.
Respect as a pro-gamer: Still there.

Just my 2c. Plastic surgery? What was wrong with him beforehand??


Please note my question at the end: "What was wrong with him beforehand?"

Were his eyes so impaired that he couldn't see the mini-map clearly and he therefore needed corrective surgery to continue his career as a pro-gamer as a way to make a living? Or was he simply dissatisfied with his looks that he wanted to look more like a K-drama supporting actor?

On December 28 2012 22:22 Snowbear wrote:
In Belgium it's almost standard to correct your teeth around age 14-15 (braces). I wonder if this plastic surgery is the next step?
Ask yourself: if 80% of the children get plastic surgery from their parents, would you give it also to your child? If you don't, it won't fit in the "group". Sad but true
And WOW @ Stork!


Crooked teeth leads to things like periodontal disease and chronic inflammation; they're also harder to clean even if you're diligent about brushing and flossing. I'm not a dentist nor have I read beyond the pamphlets and posters I come across when I visit my dentist, so I won't go into this topic too far; but as you mentioned yourself, those individuals are CORRECTING their teeth for reasons related to health and hygiene.

On December 28 2012 22:15 Corrosive wrote:
You lost your respect for someone because they didn't like how they looked and they changed it?

Do you lose your respect for people who cut their hair? He just had his eyelids done.


That's a pretty bad strawman; I don't even know how to start with the haircut comparison. Seriously, what was wrong with him beforehand?

On December 29 2012 00:26 Apolo wrote:
I guess you don't respect women that put silicone as well? Then you wouldn't also respect people in general that put makeup, right? Oooo bad me, trying to feel better about myself by changing the way i look. Who cares if my self-esteem is crap right? I will lose respect as a human being if i do comestic surgery. Seriously.... don't post stupid things like that.


"Trying to feel better about myself" - seriously? Don't post stupid things that.

You want to feel better about yourself? Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen. Donate some clothes you never wear to that man in rags down the street. Sponsor as many children as you can in Bangladesh. Make friends with that guy who has no friends because of his looks. There are many ways to reward yourself and make yourself feel like a good human being than "I want to look like X because Hollywood says so."

I'm not hating on the guy. I'm not saying what he did was wrong. I'm not advocating that other people should look down on those who want to go under the knife to look like the people they see in magazines and on TV. It's just my personal opinion; I dislike aesthetic plastic surgery, I consider it unnecessary and fake, and I don't like how society pushes men to look like X, or women to look like Y, especially when the level of what's considered "beautiful" or "attractive" is so twisted and malformed by companies who are out to push products by shoving the face of a person who's 1 in 10'000 or 100'000, with a crew of 10 people applying make-up, lighting, and unrealistic scenarios topped off by abhorrent transformations through Photoshop or whatnot. A woman shouldn't need Cosmopolitan or Vogue to tell her she's beautiful, a man shouldn't need to look like a Calvin Klein underwear model to be confident in himself, people shouldn't need to feel so insecure that they'd twist themselves to conform to an unrealistic standard.

I'm repeating it one last time; this is just my opinion on the matter. I do not and will not try and stop somebody from doing whatever makes them happy. But I have the right to judge someone as I see fit, just as some people judge me, fairly or unfairly, for whatever I do or don't do.

What was wrong with him beforehand?


Ok, so by that logic you must dress really poorly and never wear perfume. Bad clothes tend to be cheaper, so if you don't care about looks (because by your logic if you were feeling bad about yourself (which bad looks tend to do) you would go to a homeless shelter instead of changing your appearance by means of better clothes), might as well buy the cheapest thing. I suppose you also never put perfume, because it's also fake.

Plastic surgery is as fake as makeup, or as fake as when you properly comb your hair with gel, or when you put perfume, or when you buy clothes that make you look more slim, or more fit... just not as permanent (except tatoos), at least for the time being.

I also suppose, if there was a way to increase one's intelligence, you for sure, wouldn't take that, because it's fake, and because even if average there wasn't anything wrong with it before. "What's wrong with him?" Nothing, he just wanted to look better.

At the end of your post i do agree with your words. We are pushed to very high heights of attractiveness and by comparison people feel less confident, but still that's not Supernova's fault... so that's why i think you were misleading your anger to Supernova when you actually meant to direct it at companies that portray beauty unrealisticly.

i actually have alot less respect for people that get plastic surgery, put makeup on or try to "fake" what they look like, i dont care if someone isn't a supermodel but i do care if you are basically trying to physically lie (in my eyes) about what you look like, it feels dishonest

Lol and I thought I'm superficial. You have less respect for people that wear makeup, shave or do basically anything to not look like a damn monkey? Must be a good world for you to live in.

its funny that you put words in my mouth. Also demeaning monkeys is cool.

i would consider myself not very superficial. I don't actually distrust someone because they wear makeup or get plastic surgery, its just something that i notice and would prefer it otherwise. You sort of misunderstood my statement.
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
December 28 2012 20:12 GMT
#369
On December 29 2012 04:18 ROOTFayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2012 23:18 Wildmoon wrote:
I think he looked better before. He looks kinda girlish with this new look.

every single good looking korean men look kinda girlish


The mantoss is not amused by your claim.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
December 28 2012 20:14 GMT
#370
Good for him. Looking great!
Tiegrr
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States607 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 20:18:04
December 28 2012 20:15 GMT
#371
Did he get surgery?

Honest question. As a KPop enthusiast.

Edit: Lol. I can't read. Nvm.

Edited right as you posted.
andaylin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States10830 Posts
December 28 2012 20:16 GMT
#372
On December 29 2012 05:15 Tiegrr wrote:
Did he get surgery?

Honest question. As a KPop enthusiast.

Read the first two sentences of thread maybe?
"Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
December 28 2012 20:22 GMT
#373
On December 29 2012 05:12 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 04:18 ROOTFayth wrote:
On December 28 2012 23:18 Wildmoon wrote:
I think he looked better before. He looks kinda girlish with this new look.

every single good looking korean men look kinda girlish


The mantoss is not amused by your claim.

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

LOL yeah there are a few exceptions, his hair are still pretty girlyish
Krallman
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden713 Posts
December 28 2012 20:26 GMT
#374
Looks like a different person
Im better than Stefan
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
December 28 2012 20:26 GMT
#375
On December 29 2012 04:14 mahO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 03:26 Tobberoth wrote:
On December 29 2012 03:24 mahO wrote:
On December 28 2012 22:50 Steglich wrote:
Changing your looks that dramatically is wrong. I can't even recognize him


This. I mean if someone really feels unhappy about his appearance I can somehow understand the need to change it, well not personally but I guess I could get that, but I checked for a good minute the pictures to check if the ears were the same, the neck, because I really couldnt recognize him at ALL, thats just wrong, it's not the same person...

Funny thing about people saying stuff like that is that they think they aren't being shallow, when they are actually being ridiculously shallow. "He doesn't look the same, so he's a different person". His looks are just that, how he looks. He's the exact same person. It's like changing your fashion, just far more expensive and invasive.


I'm talking about HIM, idiot, I'm not being shallow, he changed his own FACE, the face he saw in the mirror since his birth, the face he got from his genes, his elders, his parents, its part of HIM, I dont give a shit, I'm not judging, I'm saying its unhealthy to change your face to a point where his parents, his friends, will hardly recognize him, and even himself, will have trouble with it.
There is a reason people have an obligation to get checked psychologically after changing face, so no, its not like "changing fashion" rofl

Edit : It is to a point where fans wont recognize him at all at events, like "who the fuck is this guy?" "dunno maybe a broodwar pro", I mean seriously, you change your face that much if you want to go to Mexico and change identity

Changing your face, no matter how much you've looked at it in the mirror, is still just changing your exterior. YOU might have a certain viewpoint about what it means to change your face using surgery, but it's important to realize that that's YOUR perspective and it's not shared by the korean populace in general. They see it as nothing more than fashion, no matter what you think about it, and while you would possibly have a huge psychological reaction, the same might not be true for koreans who already view cosmetic surgery differently than you. To them, it's not even close to as big of a deal as you think.

Honestly, if people get psychological issues just because they look different in the mirror, we should probably ask people who use a ton of make up or dye their hair to look completely different to take psychological exams as well. You might consider the difference between dying your hair and changing your face huge, but koreans don't.
Steelavocado
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2123 Posts
December 28 2012 20:27 GMT
#376
That looks pretty disgusting.
MIRACLE IS YOUR TI7 CHAMP
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 20:30:34
December 28 2012 20:28 GMT
#377
On December 29 2012 04:53 trinxified wrote:
Maybe it doesn't look as real as we see it in pictures..

It's usually obvious that someone underwent plastic surgery, but these pictures don't suggest that immediately.


You'd be surprised just how many people have done plastic surgeries, even around daily life. My mom works as lab tech with a dermatologist clinic, and the nurses there get free treatment as favors. You only think they are easy to recognize because you assume only those you recognized have done it.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
dreamsmasher
Profile Joined November 2010
816 Posts
December 28 2012 20:30 GMT
#378
good move he looks substantially better
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
December 28 2012 20:31 GMT
#379
On December 29 2012 05:28 ragz_gt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 04:53 trinxified wrote:
Maybe it doesn't look as real as we see it in pictures..

It's usually obvious that someone underwent plastic surgery, but these pictures don't suggest that immediately.


You'd be surprised just how many people have done plastic surgeries, even around daily life. My mom works as lab tech with a dermatologist clinic, and the many nurses nurses there get free treatment as favors. You only think they are easy to recognize because you assume only those you recognized have done it.

This. If someone with no boobs get a huge boob job, it's obviously very noticeable, but smaller changes won't be all that noticeable, especially if you don't know the person very well. I mean, look at the old SNSD music videos, then look at new ones. It's clearly noticeable that they've all had work done, but it's far harder to pinpoint what they've done and I'd say it's still often far less noticeable than the pictures of supernova in this thread.
dreamsmasher
Profile Joined November 2010
816 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 20:37:01
December 28 2012 20:31 GMT
#380
On December 29 2012 04:05 emythrel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2012 03:26 Tobberoth wrote:
On December 29 2012 03:24 mahO wrote:
On December 28 2012 22:50 Steglich wrote:
Changing your looks that dramatically is wrong. I can't even recognize him


This. I mean if someone really feels unhappy about his appearance I can somehow understand the need to change it, well not personally but I guess I could get that, but I checked for a good minute the pictures to check if the ears were the same, the neck, because I really couldnt recognize him at ALL, thats just wrong, it's not the same person...

Funny thing about people saying stuff like that is that they think they aren't being shallow, when they are actually being ridiculously shallow. "He doesn't look the same, so he's a different person". His looks are just that, how he looks. He's the exact same person. It's like changing your fashion, just far more expensive and invasive.


its really not. Changing your appearance via cosmetic surgery has a massive psychological effect, most people who have it also have a large shift in self perception and personality. Changing your clothes might make you feel better about yourself, but it doesn't change who you are, because when you look in the mirror you still have the same face and body staring back at you.


who you are isn't static, it is dynamic. he previously had quite a number of unattractive features (really small eyes, even for an Asian, kind of crooked nose as well, a little bit more like a parrot).

his new look is much more 'normal', what's wrong with altering your appearance to feel better about yourself.


acquiring a different look (even clothes) if you want to make it consistent does require some difference in psychological evaluation of yourself, you have to *want* to look good on some level, to care about how well you look -- people who generally dress poorly have no desire to look good (could be a self esteem issue, could be that they truly don't care about it) its rarely a question of 'i dont know how to look good'.

the reason i say this is that -- nice clothes usually demand on behalf of the wearer of said clothes to look better (to be somewhat slim, in shape, fit into clothes that are created to a 'general size' better), and to pay attention to color coordination, etc...
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1332
ComeBackTV 510
SteadfastSC446
TaKeTV 354
LamboSC2271
IndyStarCraft 142
Rex136
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 446
LamboSC2 271
ProTech145
IndyStarCraft 142
Rex 136
BRAT_OK 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41790
Shuttle 2615
EffOrt 934
Light 917
Mini 827
Horang2 816
Soma 405
BeSt 323
Stork 323
firebathero 323
[ Show more ]
Rush 275
Snow 255
Hyuk 240
ZerO 211
ggaemo 194
Leta 102
hero 83
Pusan 72
Killer 61
Sharp 47
sorry 40
Shinee 35
Mind 35
Mong 34
ToSsGirL 29
Shine 26
Trap 25
Bale 25
Yoon 25
Sexy 21
soO 20
Terrorterran 20
Free 15
Sacsri 10
NotJumperer 10
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc9176
Dendi918
qojqva789
Fuzer 182
420jenkins137
Counter-Strike
markeloff166
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1956
crisheroes1213
XaKoH 163
Other Games
singsing1962
B2W.Neo951
Hui .193
Liquid`VortiX182
ArmadaUGS149
QueenE104
Mew2King101
ZerO(Twitch)22
Railgan17
Trikslyr17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile112
• Gemini_19 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• HerbMon 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2049
League of Legends
• Nemesis2794
• Jankos2315
• TFBlade1007
Other Games
• WagamamaTV194
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 13m
Stellar Fest
22h 13m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.