• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:07
CEST 05:07
KST 12:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8800 users

NASL4 Video Interviews Day 2 - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
117 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
December 12 2012 06:32 GMT
#101
that Michael J. Fox line by Gretorp was really tasteless...
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Pwnzer
Profile Joined June 2011
United States617 Posts
December 12 2012 06:58 GMT
#102
On December 12 2012 08:16 Ballack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2012 07:26 Pwnzer wrote:
On December 12 2012 06:28 Ballack wrote:
On December 12 2012 06:17 aTnClouD wrote:
On December 12 2012 06:12 Ballack wrote:
Lauren is either a complete moron or a total bitch for that Scarlett comment. If she truly is that ignorant, then I guess she could be excused, but it still hurts my soul watching that kind of blissful ignorance at display.

Let's send angry letters to the sponsors imo


No, just no...

To make such a comment as a Starcraft 2 personality just shows that some people completely disregard others' feelings. The reason I'm reacting to it is that I cannot fathom that she actually think Scarlett is a guy, which makes the comment a disgraceful thing to say. One of my main gripes in life are people who try to put down others and this is a very apparent example of that. Maybe she is very ignorant and didn't know, but there cannot come a good thing out of saying what she said in the interview.

It's not a big deal, no sponsors should be called or anything. I'm not trying to create drama. But when she gets an outlet like that and spouts bullshit, being called out on it should be expected.

Oh and you equating that situation with the other silly things people have mailed sponsors for doesn't really put you in a good light imo. Bullying and especially cyber-bullying is one of the bigger social problems we face nowadays, just imagine how much shit Scarlett has to go through on a regular basis. Those kinds of comments doesn't exactly help that.


"The joke" <-------------------



"Your head" <------------------


Erm... While I like your creative way of saying the joke went over my head, the content of that is quite miss-guided. That's partly my fault.

I did not perceive his post to be sincere, in fact I assumed it was sarcastic and defended why I don't think this is a laughing matter. To the end of the post you can see that I wrote he shouldn't equate the stuff both of us think are overreactions from the community, with the point I was making.

Where we disagree is that he doesn't think my post presented a legitimate gripe, which then made him write sarcastically that we should email sponsors because of it. I didn't think it was a laughing matter, he did.

So in reality, this is the current situation:

"The point" <--------


"Your head" <------

You understood that Cloud was being sarcastic, but you didn't thoroughly read through my post to identify that I too realized he was in fact being sarcastic, and that I didn't appreciate that fact, thus I wrote my response.


Oh man, you even took my joke pretty seriously. Look man, I wasn't trying to talk shit about you. I just happen to find it funny when people read obviously sarcastic comments and try to turn it into some sort of made up drama. I just found it kinda silly you (despite that you realized it was sarcasm) that you made such a serious and kind of overly dramatic reaction to it. Much like how you responded to mine. Cloud making a sarcastic comment in the forums shouldn't be turned into something that needs to be discussed as if he were being absolutely serious. This is why a lot of pro's don't actually post in these forums because they hate when people take their posts and turn them into something they aren't. Look, I still love you and sorry if you were offended, I just don't think it's that serious. Ha
Herp Derp
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-12 07:32:32
December 12 2012 07:00 GMT
#103
Haha. Doesn't like the shiny lights of the Protoss.
It's like Duncan Trussel and the "Glittery, Disco Ball Race"

As for the Middle-Earth Europe thing- it's difficult to pin down exactly what Tolkien thought as his letters span decades and he changed his mind over the years. I think it would be fair to say that Middle Earth was inspired geographically from NW Europe at least as far as the detailed descriptions are concerned. I don't think the NW Europe's ethnic groups were somehow supposed to be paralleled (Nor should we be trying to cut up the story to find World War parallels.)
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
December 12 2012 07:43 GMT
#104
Hotbid interviews are the best interviews.
Biggest crush on Soe right now...right after Bisu :DDD
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
December 12 2012 08:48 GMT
#105
On December 12 2012 16:00 Falling wrote:
Haha. Doesn't like the shiny lights of the Protoss.
It's like Duncan Trussel and the "Glittery, Disco Ball Race"

As for the Middle-Earth Europe thing- it's difficult to pin down exactly what Tolkien thought as his letters span decades and he changed his mind over the years. I think it would be fair to say that Middle Earth was inspired geographically from NW Europe at least as far as the detailed descriptions are concerned. I don't think the NW Europe's ethnic groups were somehow supposed to be paralleled (Nor should we be trying to cut up the story to find World War parallels.)


I always found really interesting finding those parallels. For example how "The field of the death" was inspired shocked me a bit.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-12 12:20:09
December 12 2012 11:03 GMT
#106
Watching Soe's interview, i wonder who was really interviewing who.. All in all, Soe is amazing! :D
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Ballack
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway821 Posts
December 12 2012 11:19 GMT
#107
On December 12 2012 15:58 Pwnzer wrote:
Oh man, you even took my joke pretty seriously. Look man, I wasn't trying to talk shit about you. I just happen to find it funny when people read obviously sarcastic comments and try to turn it into some sort of made up drama. I just found it kinda silly you (despite that you realized it was sarcasm) that you made such a serious and kind of overly dramatic reaction to it. Much like how you responded to mine. Cloud making a sarcastic comment in the forums shouldn't be turned into something that needs to be discussed as if he were being absolutely serious. This is why a lot of pro's don't actually post in these forums because they hate when people take their posts and turn them into something they aren't. Look, I still love you and sorry if you were offended, I just don't think it's that serious. Ha



I didn't really make very much drama about the Cloud post did I though? Yes I said joking about the matter doesn't really put a good light on him, but I'd say that's quite a mild criticism don't you think? And tbh I used Cloud's post merely to further my thoughts on the subject, and why I don't think it is a laughing matter, and his post lined up pretty nicely as a post to respond to. It could have been written by anyone, and I'd write just the same. So you perceive my post to be overly aimed at Cloud. I disagree, I did mention him once, but the rest of my post wasn't aimed at him at all. I can see why you thought that though as I was quoting Cloud's post.

I just fundamentally disagree with the majority who thinks it's a laughing matter (see youtube comments), or who doesn't care about it. I can understand the people who think "it was just an honest mistake so let's leave it at that", but while I understand them, I don't really agree with it. Even if it was a mistake, it was quite an ignorant question to ask, and it's not an example of proper behavior to say it like that.

It is comments like that I think the community should be most concerned about. Such as Orb making racist remarks or Incontrol (among others) bullying that terran guy on SotG. Orb lost his job as a consequence, and Incontrol has later apologized and shown regret for how he acted. I think those cases are much more essential in trying to make this community as awesome as it is compared to other communities, than the other random shit people have been making drama of.

Why I feel so strongly about this probably has something to do with the line of education I'm progressing through. And do get me right. If Incontrol makes fun of Norwegians, saying we are all tall blond guys with bright voices, I'll laugh along with him. But when you target one person alone, it quickly turns into a hurtful and unnecessary act. That type of culture is what I'm trying to get rid of, and we do that by keeping our community pillars in line.

Oh and I might seem offended, but I'm only offended by that idiotic comment from Lauren, and I'm not upset while writing my posts (apart from the first one) if you have that impression. I still love you too

Just when I thought I was out, Blizz pulled me back in..
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
December 12 2012 22:16 GMT
#108
On December 12 2012 17:48 Godwrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2012 16:00 Falling wrote:
Haha. Doesn't like the shiny lights of the Protoss.
It's like Duncan Trussel and the "Glittery, Disco Ball Race"

As for the Middle-Earth Europe thing- it's difficult to pin down exactly what Tolkien thought as his letters span decades and he changed his mind over the years. I think it would be fair to say that Middle Earth was inspired geographically from NW Europe at least as far as the detailed descriptions are concerned. I don't think the NW Europe's ethnic groups were somehow supposed to be paralleled (Nor should we be trying to cut up the story to find World War parallels.)


I always found really interesting finding those parallels. For example how "The field of the death" was inspired shocked me a bit.

Well it's one thing to say Tolkien's experience in the trenches probably had a large impact in the conception of the Dead Marshes. It's an entirely other matter to say 'aha. I've figured out LotR's. Gondor is Britain, Mordor is Germany, the Ring is the atomic bomb,' and this race is _____ ethnic group. But what have we truly gained? It might make us feel smart to have 'figured it out'. What new insight to the story do we actually have? In Tolkien's view the story has actually been diminished as we've broken it down in search of primary world chunks and we are no longer reading the story as a story. We are not entering into the secondary world.

But I should probably stop derailing on LotR's tangents.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
December 13 2012 06:13 GMT
#109
haha, loved that hero interview, what baws!!


XD
~ The Ultimate Weapon
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
December 13 2012 16:07 GMT
#110
On December 13 2012 07:16 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2012 17:48 Godwrath wrote:
On December 12 2012 16:00 Falling wrote:
Haha. Doesn't like the shiny lights of the Protoss.
It's like Duncan Trussel and the "Glittery, Disco Ball Race"

As for the Middle-Earth Europe thing- it's difficult to pin down exactly what Tolkien thought as his letters span decades and he changed his mind over the years. I think it would be fair to say that Middle Earth was inspired geographically from NW Europe at least as far as the detailed descriptions are concerned. I don't think the NW Europe's ethnic groups were somehow supposed to be paralleled (Nor should we be trying to cut up the story to find World War parallels.)


I always found really interesting finding those parallels. For example how "The field of the death" was inspired shocked me a bit.

Well it's one thing to say Tolkien's experience in the trenches probably had a large impact in the conception of the Dead Marshes. It's an entirely other matter to say 'aha. I've figured out LotR's. Gondor is Britain, Mordor is Germany, the Ring is the atomic bomb,' and this race is _____ ethnic group. But what have we truly gained? It might make us feel smart to have 'figured it out'. What new insight to the story do we actually have? In Tolkien's view the story has actually been diminished as we've broken it down in search of primary world chunks and we are no longer reading the story as a story. We are not entering into the secondary world.

But I should probably stop derailing on LotR's tangents.


While Tolkien's views and life experiences undoubtedly played a part in his writing (arguably unavoidable), he explicitly stated that, "It [The Lord of the Rings"] is neither allegorical nor topical.... I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence."

That statement was taken directly from Tolkien's introduction in one of the later editions of the LOTR, once people had started speculating about potential symbolism and allegory contained within the story.
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 16:17:08
December 13 2012 16:16 GMT
#111
after someone introduce me to laruen's daily motion videos (family filter off, of cause), it becomes difficult to see her in the esport scene somehow..lol

hope she is more than just an eye candy for the scene.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Anta
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany434 Posts
December 13 2012 16:48 GMT
#112
On December 14 2012 01:16 ETisME wrote:
after someone introduce me to laruen's daily motion videos (family filter off, of cause), it becomes difficult to see her in the esport scene somehow..lol

hope she is more than just an eye candy for the scene.

don't worry she already is more than that.

and why is it hard to see her in the esport scene after seeing her nude? she's sexy and in esport. i would say profit.
"In short: stop bitching, change your tampons and up your game." mad respect to CloudNineLabs.com http://i.imgur.com/g5KGz.jpg ! I love Dreamhack!
AngryMag
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany1040 Posts
December 13 2012 16:55 GMT
#113
nice interviews,well done by Hotbid. Content put in a funny package, I liked it. Some people in this thread are trying a bit too hard to create drama over some trivial (and funny) jokes btw.
NotTheMonker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States131 Posts
December 13 2012 18:59 GMT
#114
I recommend the Soe interview. She seems like a very interesting and nice person.

Also, I don't think we should flame Lauren for asking if Scarlett is a guy. She probably thought Hot_Bid was naming a male player to troll her.
You cant be a good rapper without rhymes, and you cant be a good Pokemon trainer without CATCHING MORE POKEMON.
yawnoC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3704 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 00:15:52
December 14 2012 00:15 GMT
#115
Great interviews. Loved them all Had no issue with anything said.

On December 12 2012 20:19 Ballack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2012 15:58 Pwnzer wrote:
Oh man, you even took my joke pretty seriously. Look man, I wasn't trying to talk shit about you. I just happen to find it funny when people read obviously sarcastic comments and try to turn it into some sort of made up drama. I just found it kinda silly you (despite that you realized it was sarcasm) that you made such a serious and kind of overly dramatic reaction to it. Much like how you responded to mine. Cloud making a sarcastic comment in the forums shouldn't be turned into something that needs to be discussed as if he were being absolutely serious. This is why a lot of pro's don't actually post in these forums because they hate when people take their posts and turn them into something they aren't. Look, I still love you and sorry if you were offended, I just don't think it's that serious. Ha


+ Show Spoiler +

I didn't really make very much drama about the Cloud post did I though? Yes I said joking about the matter doesn't really put a good light on him, but I'd say that's quite a mild criticism don't you think? And tbh I used Cloud's post merely to further my thoughts on the subject, and why I don't think it is a laughing matter, and his post lined up pretty nicely as a post to respond to. It could have been written by anyone, and I'd write just the same. So you perceive my post to be overly aimed at Cloud. I disagree, I did mention him once, but the rest of my post wasn't aimed at him at all. I can see why you thought that though as I was quoting Cloud's post.

I just fundamentally disagree with the majority who thinks it's a laughing matter (see youtube comments), or who doesn't care about it. I can understand the people who think "it was just an honest mistake so let's leave it at that", but while I understand them, I don't really agree with it. Even if it was a mistake, it was quite an ignorant question to ask, and it's not an example of proper behavior to say it like that.

It is comments like that I think the community should be most concerned about. Such as Orb making racist remarks or
Incontrol (among others) bullying that terran guy on SotG+ Show Spoiler +
. Orb lost his job as a consequence, and Incontrol has later apologized and shown regret for how he acted. I think those cases are much more essential in trying to make this community as awesome as it is compared to other communities, than the other random shit people have been making drama of.

Why I feel so strongly about this probably has something to do with the line of education I'm progressing through. And do get me right. If Incontrol makes fun of Norwegians, saying we are all tall blond guys with bright voices, I'll laugh along with him. But when you target one person alone, it quickly turns into a hurtful and unnecessary act. That type of culture is what I'm trying to get rid of, and we do that by keeping our community pillars in line.

Oh and I might seem offended, but I'm only offended by that idiotic comment from Lauren, and I'm not upset while writing my posts (apart from the first one) if you have that impression. I still love you too

"that terran guy" how could you be so ignorant
On a serious note, it was avilo.
GG - UNiVeRsE is the best player in the WORLD
ssxsilver
Profile Joined June 2007
United States4409 Posts
December 14 2012 00:33 GMT
#116
On December 14 2012 01:16 ETisME wrote:
after someone introduce me to laruen's daily motion videos (family filter off, of cause), it becomes difficult to see her in the esport scene somehow..lol

hope she is more than just an eye candy for the scene.

If you haven't already you should check out the Slasher interview where she talks about growing up with her dad doing competitive quake. Basically comparing perspectives from her childhood to now that she's inside the scene. I like Lauren because she comes off genuine and doesn't shy away from her not so low-key background. Yea she's a total newbie, but she's a host not a caster and in that regard she's pretty solid IMO.
fire_brand
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada1123 Posts
December 14 2012 02:15 GMT
#117
Hero's english getting so good. Too bad he's still so shy about it. It's probably better than MCs and MC is never shy about that.
Random player, pixel enthusiast, crappy illustrator, offlane/support
dBdHellRider
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Sweden63 Posts
December 17 2012 00:01 GMT
#118
Soe´s interview was awsome 10 out of 10
http://www.twitch.tv/nippletwisterswe
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 693
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King97
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1351
BasetradeTV274
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo430
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 53m
INu's Battles
8h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 53m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 53m
Replay Cast
19h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.