• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:25
CEST 16:25
KST 23:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9080 users

"MvP Invitational Broadcast Schedule" - PPV - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Chytilova
Profile Joined December 2011
United States790 Posts
September 21 2012 18:44 GMT
#41
On September 22 2012 03:16 Takasu wrote:
Wait...so in the playoffs, proleague and mlg dont play each other until the finals. Does that mean Kespa doesnt play mlg players at all though the regular season as well? O_o

That would be really weird, to only have one series between pro-league and MLG...


Yeah totally agree. More info would be helpful. On the fence on whether to purchase it right now. Though this probably means Scarlett gets free money again because she only has to run through NA until the semis :D.
BoZiffer
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1841 Posts
September 21 2012 18:49 GMT
#42
I'm buying it for the VOD's if nothing else. Ten bucks for some high quality PL stuff is fine with me.
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
September 21 2012 22:05 GMT
#43
so 10 dollars to watch foreigners get stomped?
BlackPanther
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States872 Posts
September 21 2012 22:07 GMT
#44
I thought MLG gave up this shit? PPV again?
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
September 21 2012 22:08 GMT
#45
invite leta T_T
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
September 21 2012 22:15 GMT
#46
On September 22 2012 01:21 Assirra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2012 01:21 FakeDeath wrote:
Wait is this a LAN event or an online event?

I was wondering the same, i always thought it was a LAN event but now people are talking about it being an online tourney.


It cannot be a LAN considering it has Stephano and all these KESPA players and various American-based players
too. A LAN would require them all agreeing to travel to some venue to compete. We would have known by now where this venue was. So it has to be online.

I am looking forward to the Groups being released.
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 22:35:23
September 21 2012 22:21 GMT
#47
Ah bloody hell...

I've never done PPV for a SC2 event, but I'm dying to see the Kespa players.

A couple of questions I have first though:

1. Will the games be casted from replays?
2. Will the casters be in the same place while casting? I really dislike the obstacles that come with casting from replays when the casters aren't sitting side by side. (alla TSL)
3. Have Axslav and Axeltoss casted together before? Bad synergy between casters can really be a HUGE detriment to an event + Show Spoiler +
(I won't name names, but I think most people know what I'm talking about here).


The only other reservation I have is that I'm kind of a caster snob. Since I haven't really had a chance to watch Axslav or Axeltoss casting, I don't know if I want to pay for it. Bad casting (it just has to be bad imo**) really ruins an event for me personally. I guess I might have to try to find some of their more recent casts and see.

Either way, its a sick sick player list. GL

Edit: Wait... wat???? There's guaranteed to be no cross-regional matches until later in the tournament? That's so crazy.... Why not just randomly group all of the players together? That is incredibly unfair because, lets be honest, EU and KR as a whole are stronger regionally = harder road to the finals. You can definitely count me out simply because of the forced Proleague vs Proleague and guaranteeing a NA player enters the quarterfinals.
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 22:25:43
September 21 2012 22:23 GMT
#48
On September 22 2012 07:05 ref4 wrote:
so 10 dollars to watch foreigners get stomped?


Don't count out the foreigners entirely. Rain is by far the biggest of the bunch and probably the only one we know for sure will deliver Code-S level play, and even then he's still mortal and can potentially lose to outliers like Stephano, however unlikely. Not to mention the fact that most people will know what he's capable of and what he goes for. I'm willing to bet a lot of people were caught very off guard by his play. Not that I think he would've ended up losing in the end, but it was still a pretty major factor in his victories.
As for the rest, I'd say both sides will have one-sided matches, with the Koreans pulling around a 60-70% win rate overall. They're good, but so are we.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 22:33:46
September 21 2012 22:26 GMT
#49
Considering it was a special event to begin with. It was safe to assume this would be a PPV.

Online PPVs though, meh. ;/ I don't really like the format either, but considering they have to do it online it sort of makes sense. Their only selling point is the KeSPA players, but they're still going to play against one another until it counts.

I wonder how their buy rate is going to go, lol.

This isn't really a good measuring stick of anything either.
MigzR
Profile Joined October 2011
Portugal89 Posts
September 21 2012 22:26 GMT
#50
The greed..
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 22:37:49
September 21 2012 22:36 GMT
#51
online event and players not flown around...i find it hard to justify paying 10 dollars for this.

the greed indeed!
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
September 21 2012 22:39 GMT
#52
if there is no free stream to watch jaedong i will be a sad rainbow sheep
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
pulperi
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland87 Posts
September 21 2012 22:45 GMT
#53
On September 22 2012 07:26 MigzR wrote:
The greed..


Yeah! Everything should be free, right? Rainbows and unicorns and...shit.

Looks good to me. I think I'll be buying a pass.
It's MLG tournament so production should be great. Great player lineup. I hope that Axeltoss and Axslav work well together since I haven't really had the chance to watch them casting that much. Maybe MLG will give us a chance to watch first match free or something to check it out.

Pretty cool...
xrapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1644 Posts
September 21 2012 22:47 GMT
#54
I go from being insanely excited to laughing at MLG when I heard about the paywall. Dreamhack and IEM shell out much better products and they're free. No thanks.
Everyone is either delusional, a nihlilst, or dead from suicide.
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
September 21 2012 22:52 GMT
#55
On September 22 2012 07:47 xrapture wrote:
I go from being insanely excited to laughing at MLG when I heard about the paywall. Dreamhack and IEM shell out much better products and they're free. No thanks.


great comparison... considering MLG already gives their big tournaments that happens on one weekend free streams...


10 dollars for this pass is actually pretty good for weekly content.
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
Enfield
Profile Joined November 2011
8 Posts
September 21 2012 22:57 GMT
#56
Such a shame that it's PPV, after listening to the confrence today they had a good point that it's too early to do PPV for starcraft. There'll probably be something else to watch anyway.
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
September 21 2012 23:01 GMT
#57
I thought the PPV thingy was off the table. *sigh*
keep it deep! @zulison
imMUTAble787
Profile Joined November 2011
United States680 Posts
September 21 2012 23:02 GMT
#58
the PPV model worked so well that they didn't have to use it so that they could use it
*eternalenvy fanboy*
taLbuk
Profile Joined April 2010
Madagascar1879 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-21 23:22:46
September 21 2012 23:22 GMT
#59
meh, i got no problems with the PPV part, but if you are going to feature BW progamers the worst possible way is to do it with online cross-sea competition, just so meh, it will put an asterisk next to the event because every game will be questioned with "latency" or "not offline so doesn't matter"
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
September 21 2012 23:36 GMT
#60
On September 22 2012 01:38 MisterTea wrote:
saying it's not worth 10 dollars is imo pretty stupid some of these matches are going to be insane and its 5 weeks worth of content for only the price of a pizza

I can't afford 2 pizzas, and I'm not gonna give up the pizza to watch some sc2 with an empty stomach.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5540
Bisu 2519
Soulkey 1382
Jaedong 1068
EffOrt 816
Horang2 623
Mini 491
actioN 377
ZerO 313
Larva 308
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 246
Yoon 119
Mind 101
Sharp 94
Pusan 82
Sea.KH 81
Dewaltoss 74
Shinee 71
hero 63
Snow 61
Hyun 56
Barracks 52
sorry 45
Bale 44
ToSsGirL 32
Sacsri 21
scan(afreeca) 18
NaDa 15
Trap 15
Rock 14
Terrorterran 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4617
qojqva2590
Dendi1120
Counter-Strike
Fnx 600
fl0m52
Other Games
hiko880
B2W.Neo777
Lowko342
crisheroes277
DeMusliM261
Pyrionflax212
XBOCT196
Livibee186
Hui .185
Liquid`VortiX168
Liquid`RaSZi163
QueenE82
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV659
League of Legends
• Nemesis2754
• Jankos1858
Other Games
• Shiphtur160
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 35m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.