• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6456 users

Patch 1.5 thoughts? - Page 29

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 60 Next
LeafMeAlone
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States301 Posts
August 01 2012 03:17 GMT
#561
I just tried to do team games and couldn't talk with my teammates, the chat wouldn't show up after i pressed enter. I aslo couldn't ping the minimap, the screen just ended up moving to the location when I clicked
~_~
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 03:21:51
August 01 2012 03:21 GMT
#562
To everyone saying they lag in game and they were not before, just go change your god damn graphics settings. The patch reset them.

I mean c'mon, did I really needed to tell you this ?!

Everything is perfectly fine for me.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
IshinShishi
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan6156 Posts
August 01 2012 03:23 GMT
#563
On August 01 2012 12:21 sM.Zik wrote:
To everyone saying they lag in game and they were not before, just go change your god damn graphics settings. The patch reset them.

I mean c'mon, did I really needed to tell you this ?!

Everything is perfectly fine for me.


I mean c'mon, did you really think that people didn't already try that out?
So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie
omnisidus
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada1 Post
August 01 2012 03:23 GMT
#564
I dont mind the look, the navigation is a little confusing but im sure that I will get used to it. However I am not sure if it is just my computer but the UI and menus are extremely buggy (which is to be expected when they completely redo the entire SC2 UI) and it makes my game lag.
boomudead1
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States186 Posts
August 01 2012 03:27 GMT
#565
On August 01 2012 12:21 sM.Zik wrote:
To everyone saying they lag in game and they were not before, just go change your god damn graphics settings. The patch reset them.

I mean c'mon, did I really needed to tell you this ?!

Everything is perfectly fine for me.

are u serious. like we never tried looking at the graphic right in front of our face? people are having the problem even on high end cpus with lowest settings.
BreakfastBurrito
Profile Joined November 2011
United States893 Posts
August 01 2012 03:28 GMT
#566
seems like there are 3 camps of people for this patch

Camp 1: patch didnt work at all. mac users, people who illegally dicked around with settings, people who have multiple region clients for whatever reason (won't get into that right now) etc

Camp 2: Patch somehow causes a drop in performance, for an unknown reason- probably card-specific

Camp 3: people like me where the patch works, increases performance and decreases use of CPU resources
twitch.tv/jaytherey | Yapper891 if you are reading this, PM me. its Twisty.
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
August 01 2012 03:29 GMT
#567
I like the patch. No issues so far, and the new look is much more appealing.
pigmanbear
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Angola2010 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 03:33:37
August 01 2012 03:31 GMT
#568
The changes don't look impressive at all, and I can see Blizzard has a different vision for SC than I do. I'm finished with this game. Mac user here. Diamond on a Mac isn't so bad I suppose. Somebody please PM me (I don't want to be OT) names of any other good RTS that still have a decent number players and work on Mac ... I'm not hopeful (WC3 search times are impossible, no BW antihack for Mac)
BuddhaMonk
Profile Joined August 2010
781 Posts
August 01 2012 03:35 GMT
#569
Unfortunately I'm having performance issues

I get random FPS drops down to 5-10, even when I put my settings lower than they were before the patch.
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
August 01 2012 03:36 GMT
#570
I just watched a few streams and it is it just me or do the graphics of the game do different since 1.5?... looks worse imo..
JazzJackrabbit
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1272 Posts
August 01 2012 03:38 GMT
#571
I'm almost afraid now to install this patch and just wait for the next one.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
August 01 2012 03:40 GMT
#572
How is this going to affect the TSL4 and ASUS ROG games?
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
August 01 2012 03:41 GMT
#573
I am disapointed that Blizzard hasn't added more stats for us to view. I would like to see how much my zvt sucks compared to my zvp.

I'm sure Blizzard tried this patch, but all I really got from it was a prettier ui.
Derp
Dingobloo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-01 03:45:33
August 01 2012 03:41 GMT
#574
On August 01 2012 12:21 sM.Zik wrote:
To everyone saying they lag in game and they were not before, just go change your god damn graphics settings. The patch reset them.

I mean c'mon, did I really needed to tell you this ?!

Everything is perfectly fine for me.


That's not actually the problem, even once you tune them back down there are still some stuttering issues, it just affects different setups differently.
DwindleFlip
Profile Joined April 2011
United States32 Posts
August 01 2012 03:42 GMT
#575
1.5 is the ugliest pile of trash i've ever seen come out of a professional game studio.

Is Blizzard letting their interns design their ui now? This is so hacky, the old ui is so ripped apart. Too much bold, black and white blue high contrast elements. Its like when you put windows xp on handicap mode.

Did Blizzard outsource all of their artwork and coding to a slave nation? This does not seem professional at all. What a disaster. I have lost all faith at blizzard, starting with Dustin, David Kim, and now the art team? C'mon whats going on there?!
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
August 01 2012 03:44 GMT
#576
Does anyone else notice that it says that it's season three?
Because it's definitely season 8
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
August 01 2012 03:44 GMT
#577
My optimization is taking forever.
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
August 01 2012 03:46 GMT
#578
On August 01 2012 12:42 DwindleFlip wrote:
1.5 is the ugliest pile of trash i've ever seen come out of a professional game studio.

Is Blizzard letting their interns design their ui now? This is so hacky, the old ui is so ripped apart. Too much bold, black and white blue high contrast elements. Its like when you put windows xp on handicap mode.

Did Blizzard outsource all of their artwork and coding to a slave nation? This does not seem professional at all. What a disaster. I have lost all faith at blizzard, starting with Dustin, David Kim, and now the art team? C'mon whats going on there?!


That's your opinion. I actually think it looks pretty damn cool.

The thing I am disapointed with is that they haven't added more stats, tournaments, and new clan type features.
Derp
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
August 01 2012 03:46 GMT
#579
Everything worked flawlessly for me tonight, and my computer is usually the worst. Everything seems more in-depth and organized now. Where as before they kinda stuffed all the multiplayer stuff on one page, now everything has a dedicated place, and the Starcraft and custom games have been divided. I really like the change.
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
NewDawn
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada120 Posts
August 01 2012 03:46 GMT
#580
On August 01 2012 12:44 CrazyF1r3f0x wrote:
Does anyone else notice that it says that it's season three?
Because it's definitely season 8


2012 Season Three?
Third season to exist in 2012 I guess.
이지은 | 송지은 | 정은지 | 홧팅 ~ !
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings243
SHIN 153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 422
ByuN 354
SHIN 153
Railgan 48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71934
Calm 11052
Rain 2456
Bisu 1523
FanTaSy 806
Shuttle 575
soO 558
Stork 543
Rush 274
Soma 241
[ Show more ]
firebathero 209
Snow 207
Last 177
Light 102
Mind 94
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 51
Sharp 49
Killer 46
hero 42
Bale 40
Free 39
sorry 36
Trap 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
Aegong 26
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi627
Counter-Strike
fl0m1636
byalli864
x6flipin381
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns33954
singsing2280
B2W.Neo599
Pyrionflax249
Trikslyr31
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1719
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
OSC
10h 26m
Replay Cast
10h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.