• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:50
CEST 21:50
KST 04:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9707 users

Talking Balance with David Kim - Page 51

Forum Index > SC2 General
1416 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 71 Next
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
April 29 2012 09:29 GMT
#1001
On April 29 2012 18:12 sieksdekciw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 18:10 LikeAG6 wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:08 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 17:59 PureBalls wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:10 noidontthinkso wrote:
david kim is the worst game balancer on this planet


seems like i have to switch from T to Z or P, well see whats more easy

Do it, get ass raped, and then just keep quiet.

It's funny, I play terran on masters league. I had never played zerg before. I played 3 games on my account with zerg and they were all wins. I wonder why that is? Is it that I am a natural born zerg? Or is it cause once you get some decent mechanics, zerg and toss are far more easy to control. Sorry to bust your bubble, zerg and toss are far easier to play, at least for me, on the ladder. So yeah, maybe we don't keep quiet and we address balance issues where we see them? K thx


sick anecdotal evidence bro


Hey bro. Here is some statistical evidence. Toss 8% more than all other races in gm. No words? Eh?

http://sc2ranks.com/stats/league/all/1/all


this! why aren't brotosses ever responding to non-neglectable statistic evidence?! sure SC2 ranks is Terran-biased as shit...
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 09:36:56
April 29 2012 09:35 GMT
#1002
On April 29 2012 18:29 Creager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 18:12 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:10 LikeAG6 wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:08 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 17:59 PureBalls wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:10 noidontthinkso wrote:
david kim is the worst game balancer on this planet


seems like i have to switch from T to Z or P, well see whats more easy

Do it, get ass raped, and then just keep quiet.

It's funny, I play terran on masters league. I had never played zerg before. I played 3 games on my account with zerg and they were all wins. I wonder why that is? Is it that I am a natural born zerg? Or is it cause once you get some decent mechanics, zerg and toss are far more easy to control. Sorry to bust your bubble, zerg and toss are far easier to play, at least for me, on the ladder. So yeah, maybe we don't keep quiet and we address balance issues where we see them? K thx


sick anecdotal evidence bro


Hey bro. Here is some statistical evidence. Toss 8% more than all other races in gm. No words? Eh?

http://sc2ranks.com/stats/league/all/1/all


this! why aren't brotosses ever responding to non-neglectable statistic evidence?! sure SC2 ranks is Terran-biased as shit...


(I'm not a Protoss)
Because it's evidence for there being more Protoss players at GM, and nothing else.
I mean, you can look at the Korean league stats and then see that Terran switched position with Protoss and Protoss with Zerg. Does that mean that in Korea Zerg is the hardest race to play? While when looking upon Western stats it would mean that Terran is the hardest race to play... I don't really see the connection between country and the race getting harder, so I don't really see how you can just take those stats and say: least played race equals hardest race.
For what we know, people in the west could just hate Terran design and in Korea they could just hate Zerg design, and therefore people don't play those, and Protoss being the overall most played race could just mean that it is the overall most fun/attractive race to play.
PureBalls
Profile Joined January 2012
Austria383 Posts
April 29 2012 09:36 GMT
#1003
On April 29 2012 18:29 Creager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 18:12 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:10 LikeAG6 wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:08 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 17:59 PureBalls wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:10 noidontthinkso wrote:
david kim is the worst game balancer on this planet


seems like i have to switch from T to Z or P, well see whats more easy

Do it, get ass raped, and then just keep quiet.

It's funny, I play terran on masters league. I had never played zerg before. I played 3 games on my account with zerg and they were all wins. I wonder why that is? Is it that I am a natural born zerg? Or is it cause once you get some decent mechanics, zerg and toss are far more easy to control. Sorry to bust your bubble, zerg and toss are far easier to play, at least for me, on the ladder. So yeah, maybe we don't keep quiet and we address balance issues where we see them? K thx


sick anecdotal evidence bro


Hey bro. Here is some statistical evidence. Toss 8% more than all other races in gm. No words? Eh?

http://sc2ranks.com/stats/league/all/1/all


this! why aren't brotosses ever responding to non-neglectable statistic evidence?! sure SC2 ranks is Terran-biased as shit...

Because it is irrelevant? Frankly, even when terrans were insanely OP, I never cared for the amount of them on the ladder. All I wanted was a fair game on the top level, so that I dont have to watch TvT finals in every single tournament.
And as long as the game is fair on the top level, there are things that I could replicate/steal from the pros, and use them to win on the ladder.
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
April 29 2012 09:43 GMT
#1004
On April 29 2012 17:29 Blattdorf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 16:58 SmileZerg wrote:
On April 29 2012 16:49 Blattdorf wrote:
On April 29 2012 12:01 Haiq343 wrote:
On April 29 2012 11:51 sGs.Stregon wrote:
On April 27 2012 10:58 KeeN wrote:
"zerg need better scouting early game" how is it that it takes these guys 1+ years after release to figure this out? so sad


Protoss has to scout with a probe early game. ((i dont know the timings on observers, but it cant be earlier than 6:00 can it?))

Terran has to scout with an scv early game ((first scouting scan doesnt hit till around 6:30))

Zerg gets to scout with overlord and a drone early game ((turn overlord into overseer, i dont know the timings but its around 6:00?))... So lets give zerg more scouting options?

pardon me if i may sound ignorant, but if so, could you explain this logic to me?

Overseer's need Lair tech, and saccing a very slowverlord to possibly see what's going on is not so good either. The issue is further compounded because it's very hard to just turtle as a zerg, what you do is dictated by what your opponent does to a significant degree. It's not to say that scouting should be easy, it's too important to the game, but it should be possible. Often once a wall goes up, it's entirely possible to deny a zerg play any scouting at all, and fairly easily at that. It's an obvious and uncontroversial remark for D.Kim to make.

Edit for better wordage.


Overlord Speed should be moved to Hatchery. By the time you actually get this upgrade, the opponent should have a way of denying your scouting, but it's still an improvement.


I don't feel that would help too much unless the price were also reduced back to 50/50 like it was in Beta... I mean we're talking a hundred gas in the early game. But then again it's better than not having the option.

Make it cost 100 minerals only or something, so it's a choice between early scouting and having a Queen out to larva inject.

lol. I'd trade the 100/100 speed overlord in tier 1 instead of lair any day. You just don't realize how important it is for us to scout and then to react accordingly at this early stage... hell I'd even be happy to have speed ovi without lair for the cost of 150 gas... the overlord are just way too slow that most of the time when you sacrifice them, they see absolutely nothing!...
That's why we don't see a lot of pros doing it anymore lately.... they would rather scout the gas or try to be as close in the edges as possible without killing them.
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
sieksdekciw
Profile Joined April 2012
240 Posts
April 29 2012 09:58 GMT
#1005
On April 29 2012 18:35 Big J wrote:

Because it's evidence for there being more Protoss players at GM, and nothing else.

False. There are more toss players in ANY league but bronze. But why should we care.
sieksdekciw
Profile Joined April 2012
240 Posts
April 29 2012 10:00 GMT
#1006
On April 29 2012 18:36 PureBalls wrote:

And as long as the game is fair on the top level, there are things that I could replicate/steal from the pros, and use them to win on the ladder.

Yeah, so true. Let's see of things to replicate for each race:

Terran - MKP's sick micro.
Toss - Make high templars and use them to storm.

Sounds legit.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 10:09:46
April 29 2012 10:07 GMT
#1007
On April 29 2012 18:58 sieksdekciw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 18:35 Big J wrote:

Because it's evidence for there being more Protoss players at GM, and nothing else.

False. There are more toss players in ANY league but bronze. But why should we care.


1) your post only talked about GM, so don't give me shit for not responding to the situation in other leagues
2) learn quoting, cutting your own comment that says "8% more in GM" and the other parts of my arguement why "percentage does not equal difficulty" does not put you in good light.
3) Korea GM (Terran), Korea Master (Terran), SEA GM (Terran), SEA Master (Terran), SEA Diamond (Zerg), SEA Platinum (Zerg), America GM (Zerg), America Master (Zerg)... the list of leagues in which Protoss is not #1 goes on and on and on
SmileZerg
Profile Joined March 2012
United States543 Posts
April 29 2012 10:10 GMT
#1008
On April 29 2012 18:08 sieksdekciw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 17:59 PureBalls wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:10 noidontthinkso wrote:
david kim is the worst game balancer on this planet


seems like i have to switch from T to Z or P, well see whats more easy

Do it, get ass raped, and then just keep quiet.

It's funny, I play terran on masters league. I had never played zerg before. I played 3 games on my account with zerg and they were all wins. I wonder why that is? Is it that I am a natural born zerg? Or is it cause once you get some decent mechanics, zerg and toss are far more easy to control. Sorry to bust your bubble, zerg and toss are far easier to play, at least for me, on the ladder. So yeah, maybe we don't keep quiet and we address balance issues where we see them? K thx


Replays or it didn't happen.

Also you should probably check your own sources before mouthing off, because Zerg has by far the lowest representation in Korea at Masters/GM, and Terran the highest, so I don't want to hear your bullshit about 3-10% more Z and P.

Tell me, when I pointed out the four different instances in the actual hard data in the original blog post by David Kim that show Zerg to be the weakest race, did I fucking stutter?
"Show me your teeth."
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
April 29 2012 10:22 GMT
#1009
On April 29 2012 18:35 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 18:29 Creager wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:12 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:10 LikeAG6 wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:08 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 17:59 PureBalls wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:10 noidontthinkso wrote:
david kim is the worst game balancer on this planet


seems like i have to switch from T to Z or P, well see whats more easy

Do it, get ass raped, and then just keep quiet.

It's funny, I play terran on masters league. I had never played zerg before. I played 3 games on my account with zerg and they were all wins. I wonder why that is? Is it that I am a natural born zerg? Or is it cause once you get some decent mechanics, zerg and toss are far more easy to control. Sorry to bust your bubble, zerg and toss are far easier to play, at least for me, on the ladder. So yeah, maybe we don't keep quiet and we address balance issues where we see them? K thx


sick anecdotal evidence bro


Hey bro. Here is some statistical evidence. Toss 8% more than all other races in gm. No words? Eh?

http://sc2ranks.com/stats/league/all/1/all


this! why aren't brotosses ever responding to non-neglectable statistic evidence?! sure SC2 ranks is Terran-biased as shit...



(I'm not a Protoss)
Because it's evidence for there being more Protoss players at GM, and nothing else.
I mean, you can look at the Korean league stats and then see that Terran switched position with Protoss and Protoss with Zerg. Does that mean that in Korea Zerg is the hardest race to play? While when looking upon Western stats it would
mean that Terran is the hardest race to play... I don't really see the connection between country and the race getting harder, so I don't really see how you can just take those stats and say: least played race equals hardest race.
For what we know, people in the west could just hate Terran design and in Korea they could just hate Zerg design, and
therefore people don't play those, and Protoss being the overall most played race could just mean that it is the overall most fun/attractive race to play.


yeah and now if we use our little brains, how come a race is most attractive/fun to play since most people love being successful at what they are doing (instead of being masochistic)? YES, there you go...
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
April 29 2012 10:22 GMT
#1010
Mang, I love how terrans keep complaining about balance while Zerg is quite obviously having the toughest time out of the three races.
The real balance question that should be addressed is - why is this the case?
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 10:31:49
April 29 2012 10:29 GMT
#1011
On April 29 2012 19:22 Creager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 18:35 Big J wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:29 Creager wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:12 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:10 LikeAG6 wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:08 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 17:59 PureBalls wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:10 noidontthinkso wrote:
david kim is the worst game balancer on this planet


seems like i have to switch from T to Z or P, well see whats more easy

Do it, get ass raped, and then just keep quiet.

It's funny, I play terran on masters league. I had never played zerg before. I played 3 games on my account with zerg and they were all wins. I wonder why that is? Is it that I am a natural born zerg? Or is it cause once you get some decent mechanics, zerg and toss are far more easy to control. Sorry to bust your bubble, zerg and toss are far easier to play, at least for me, on the ladder. So yeah, maybe we don't keep quiet and we address balance issues where we see them? K thx


sick anecdotal evidence bro


Hey bro. Here is some statistical evidence. Toss 8% more than all other races in gm. No words? Eh?

http://sc2ranks.com/stats/league/all/1/all


this! why aren't brotosses ever responding to non-neglectable statistic evidence?! sure SC2 ranks is Terran-biased as shit...



(I'm not a Protoss)
Because it's evidence for there being more Protoss players at GM, and nothing else.
I mean, you can look at the Korean league stats and then see that Terran switched position with Protoss and Protoss with Zerg. Does that mean that in Korea Zerg is the hardest race to play? While when looking upon Western stats it would
mean that Terran is the hardest race to play... I don't really see the connection between country and the race getting harder, so I don't really see how you can just take those stats and say: least played race equals hardest race.
For what we know, people in the west could just hate Terran design and in Korea they could just hate Zerg design, and
therefore people don't play those, and Protoss being the overall most played race could just mean that it is the overall most fun/attractive race to play.


yeah and now if we use our little brains, how come a race is most attractive/fun to play since most people love being successful at what they are doing (instead of being masochistic)? YES, there you go...


Just to show you to what this would also lead to:
You are of Western origin: Protoss/Zerg are the easiest races for you
You are of Korean/Taiwan/SEA origin: Terran is the easiest race for you

Seems like quite a hard job for blizzard to make races equally difficult when nationality has an influence on this.

btw, I'm kind of used to thinking that Humans have big brains and as I consider myself an average human being, I think I have a such as well. Sorry to hear from you, that yours is little. But stay strong, brainsize isn't everything, you could still be an intelligent person.

User was warned for this post
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 10:36:34
April 29 2012 10:33 GMT
#1012
lol what's up with the flame now, boy? don't make a "you" from a "we"...
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
PureBalls
Profile Joined January 2012
Austria383 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 10:36:39
April 29 2012 10:34 GMT
#1013
On April 29 2012 19:00 sieksdekciw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 18:36 PureBalls wrote:

And as long as the game is fair on the top level, there are things that I could replicate/steal from the pros, and use them to win on the ladder.

Yeah, so true. Let's see of things to replicate for each race:

Terran - MKP's sick micro.
Toss - Make high templars and use them to storm.

Sounds legit.

Looks like you are clueless about this game.

MKP is much more than about micro. His TvP is probably the best in the world right now. And that is because he utilizes unique strategies and goes for bio mech once in a while. His drop play is also one of the best in the world, as well as his decision making. The micro that he does can be replicated by almost any terran in Code S. His micro is great, but not the reason he wins so much.

And a protoss like Paring is also good not because of his micro, but because he knows when to engage and when not. He also has the best positionings of any protoss player in PvT. In addition he is an innovator of protoss play, with his fast 3 base 8gt pressure. Of course, he also has great micro, but I dont expect a terran fanatic to see all the small things that he is doing.
sieksdekciw
Profile Joined April 2012
240 Posts
April 29 2012 10:42 GMT
#1014
On April 29 2012 19:22 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Mang, I love how terrans keep complaining about balance while Zerg is quite obviously having the toughest time out of the three races.
The real balance question that should be addressed is - why is this the case?

Why do you think zergs have the toughest time? They are 3 to 5% more represented in each league but bronze worldwide than terran.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
April 29 2012 10:42 GMT
#1015
On April 29 2012 19:33 Creager wrote:
lol what's up with the flame now, boy? don't make a "you" from a "we"...


The only person that is included in your "we" for sure is you. I don't know who else you know that has a small brain and uses it to draw the same conclusions as you do and as this person is clearly not posting, I'm not gonna discuss with him/her.

Also once again, I'm finding myself talking with a person that does not respond on topic and rather hides behind childish "boy" language. One that has <100posts, makes one think if it is really worth 'spending' time 'discussing' with a such...
Myrddraal
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia937 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-29 10:53:31
April 29 2012 10:47 GMT
#1016
On April 29 2012 19:22 Creager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 18:35 Big J wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:29 Creager wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:12 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:10 LikeAG6 wrote:
On April 29 2012 18:08 sieksdekciw wrote:
On April 29 2012 17:59 PureBalls wrote:
On April 29 2012 10:10 noidontthinkso wrote:
david kim is the worst game balancer on this planet


seems like i have to switch from T to Z or P, well see whats more easy

Do it, get ass raped, and then just keep quiet.

It's funny, I play terran on masters league. I had never played zerg before. I played 3 games on my account with zerg and they were all wins. I wonder why that is? Is it that I am a natural born zerg? Or is it cause once you get some decent mechanics, zerg and toss are far more easy to control. Sorry to bust your bubble, zerg and toss are far easier to play, at least for me, on the ladder. So yeah, maybe we don't keep quiet and we address balance issues where we see them? K thx


sick anecdotal evidence bro


Hey bro. Here is some statistical evidence. Toss 8% more than all other races in gm. No words? Eh?

http://sc2ranks.com/stats/league/all/1/all


this! why aren't brotosses ever responding to non-neglectable statistic evidence?! sure SC2 ranks is Terran-biased as shit...



(I'm not a Protoss)
Because it's evidence for there being more Protoss players at GM, and nothing else.
I mean, you can look at the Korean league stats and then see that Terran switched position with Protoss and Protoss with Zerg. Does that mean that in Korea Zerg is the hardest race to play? While when looking upon Western stats it would
mean that Terran is the hardest race to play... I don't really see the connection between country and the race getting harder, so I don't really see how you can just take those stats and say: least played race equals hardest race.
For what we know, people in the west could just hate Terran design and in Korea they could just hate Zerg design, and
therefore people don't play those, and Protoss being the overall most played race could just mean that it is the overall most fun/attractive race to play.


yeah and now if we use our little brains, how come a race is most attractive/fun to play since most people love being successful at what they are doing (instead of being masochistic)? YES, there you go...

I don't know about you but I picked Protoss because I found it the most interesting, then started playing Random in team games and on the SEA ladder because I wanted variety. I am pretty sure most people picked the race that they did before they knew anything about balance, and not many people switch once they know anything about actual balance because they don't want to go through the adjustment period where they will not be as good as they were with their original race. However, if they did switch early on due to perceived imbalances they would have been for imbalances in their league ie. Banshees OP! DT's OP! Zerg Macro is really hard! So that doesn't really tell us anything about which race is actually easiest to play.

You might have a point if people only started playing Protoss more recently, when Protoss players have actually been more successful at the top level, but I am fairly sure that Protoss has always been the most played race in every league except Bronze, which can be explained by the fact that you have to play Terran in the campaign so new players who play the campaign will be most familiar with Terran and would feel most comfortable playing Terran on the ladder.
[stranded]: http://www.indiedb.com/games/stranded
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
April 29 2012 10:55 GMT
#1017
On April 29 2012 19:42 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2012 19:33 Creager wrote:
lol what's up with the flame now, boy? don't make a "you" from a "we"...


The only person that is included in your "we" for sure is you. I don't know who else you know that has a small brain and uses it to draw the same conclusions as you do and as this person is clearly not posting, I'm not gonna discuss with him/her.

Also once again, I'm finding myself talking with a person that does not respond on topic and rather hides behind childish "boy" language. One that has <100posts, makes one think if it is really worth 'spending' time 'discussing' with a such...


how do I not respond on the topic when I'm trying to point out that in lower leagues Terran multitasking and overall skill has to exceed that of similar ranked Protosses?! And reducing the importance of my opinion to the actual number of my posts seems to be rather immature and childish from you in return... Furthermore the mindset of going the easiest way surely does not come from me alone, but rather seems to be human nature... so does your arrogance!
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
noidontthinkso
Profile Joined April 2011
Greece94 Posts
April 29 2012 10:55 GMT
#1018
cloud aftermatch statement from one minute ago from the EPS finals, quarterfinal match vs bigs


Carni: cloud what do u have to do to better next time?
Cloud: change race




if even cloud complains there must be something wrong
i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz, GTX560 Ti, 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6
Noza
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark16 Posts
April 29 2012 10:57 GMT
#1019
Ok, I have a different thing to mention, and I know this really is not a problem because I'm in silver league and the only way to fix stuff in silver league is just to get better, but one interesting dynamic is that some stuff (especially in the lower leagues) is just way harder to counter than it is to perform. Stuff like the 1-1-1 is very micro intensive for the defender while its not THAT hard to perform it. Another ex. of this is Psionic Storms they are quite easy just place on top of a Terran MMM ball and watch it vaporize, while effectively countering it as Terran requires either very good Ghost control or VERY good unit splitting. Theres is stuff like this throughout the whole game. And I do realize that this very hard to fix since it would break the very top level play, and that is where the focus of balancing is. I certainly still feel like this is something that can ruin the fun of the game, so just wanted to mention it, and hear if you guys have any clever ways of combating this. (Before some jerk writes: "Silver NOOB, Get BETTER HAHA L2P", I know that I'm a noob, so stop being a jerk about it, thanks)
WhiteRa | PartinG | Squirtle | MKP | BoxeR | Dragon | Destiny | DongRaeGu | JulyZerg
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
April 29 2012 10:57 GMT
#1020
On April 29 2012 19:55 noidontthinkso wrote:
cloud aftermatch statement from one minute ago from the EPS finals, quarterfinal match vs bigs


Carni: cloud what do u have to do to better next time?
Cloud: change race




if even cloud complains there must be something wrong

I thought this was funny because Cloud has spoken out about balance for a while now lol.
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 71 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 538
UpATreeSC 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1012
Dewaltoss 126
firebathero 85
Zeus 67
Trap 41
910 41
Bale 26
NaDa 23
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 15
Dota 2
Gorgc6653
420jenkins216
monkeys_forever21
Counter-Strike
edward739
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS141
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2201
Other Games
summit1g5245
Grubby2724
B2W.Neo729
Beastyqt675
byalli420
shahzam395
KnowMe161
C9.Mang0148
TKL 140
ToD23
Railgan17
Chillindude12
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV272
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur305
• WagamamaTV268
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 10m
Stellar Fest
17h 10m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.