• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:05
CEST 19:05
KST 02:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8952 users

[February] SC2 General Discussion - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Zhazulo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden226 Posts
February 09 2012 08:26 GMT
#21
On February 09 2012 17:13 tryteyker wrote:
Do you guys have any useful tips when I want to start with Random? (I've been playing with Terran, Protoss and a bit with Zerg but I sturggle mostly with Zerg)



Fix different hotkeys set-ups for all the three races. i.e. change hotkey profile everytime you play a new race.
Nibirue
Profile Joined February 2012
United States17 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 09:28:04
February 09 2012 09:27 GMT
#22
On February 09 2012 13:58 aksfjh wrote:
Anybody else find it odd that TL.net skews your ads towards Korean dating sites?

LOL, my ad is for HASA bikes, which I just so happened to have bought from eBay earlier so I would say you are getting what you've googled
Fame and riches are fleeting. Stupidity is eternal.
Yonnua
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2331 Posts
February 09 2012 09:30 GMT
#23
On February 08 2012 11:29 SDream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2012 07:27 NucNac wrote:
[image loading]

Sorry for the cut image, but i guess anyone is familiar with what the bars have to say (it's the ressource tab). Can anyone explain to me why the Terran has more overall points, allthough every ressource statistic favours the Zerg? I don't understand this at all.


It basicly says that the terran was succesfull with the early harass (blue flame helion drops I'd bet!!) and the zerg spent too many time and resources redroning (and having low economy) and got smashed to a "cute" timing some minutes after, not giving him time to outstand against the terran.

That's my guess from my experience as zerg against ... anyone that kills so many drones =(


The last bar is literally the resources harvested, so it means the zerg lost lots of drones before being able to mine with them. Also, MULEs allow faster mining of minerals, which would mean he had mined more than the zerg. (Also, if he did a big attack at the end, then there'd be a time when zerg wasn't mining at all and he was.)
LRSL 2014 Finalist! PartinG | Mvp | Bomber | Creator | NaNiwa | herO
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
February 09 2012 10:04 GMT
#24
quick question, does anyone remember exact dates of each starcraft 2 season start and end? (from season 1 to season 5)
Occupation: Legend
tryteyker
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany83 Posts
February 09 2012 10:06 GMT
#25
On February 09 2012 17:26 Mr.X546 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 17:13 tryteyker wrote:
Do you guys have any useful tips when I want to start with Random? (I've been playing with Terran, Protoss and a bit with Zerg but I sturggle mostly with Zerg)



Fix different hotkeys set-ups for all the three races. i.e. change hotkey profile everytime you play a new race.



Why? :S
I'm pretty comfortable with 123 Army, 4 CC/Nexus/Hatches, 5 Rax/Gateway/2nd Hatch, 6 Robotics/Factory/3rd Hatch and 7-9 Upgrade Structures
Zhazulo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden226 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 13:11:57
February 09 2012 13:10 GMT
#26
On February 09 2012 19:06 tryteyker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 17:26 Mr.X546 wrote:
On February 09 2012 17:13 tryteyker wrote:
Do you guys have any useful tips when I want to start with Random? (I've been playing with Terran, Protoss and a bit with Zerg but I sturggle mostly with Zerg)



Fix different hotkeys set-ups for all the three races. i.e. change hotkey profile everytime you play a new race.



Why? :S
I'm pretty comfortable with 123 Army, 4 CC/Nexus/Hatches, 5 Rax/Gateway/2nd Hatch, 6 Robotics/Factory/3rd Hatch and 7-9 Upgrade Structures



Good, I just know that I had hard reaching 6 and beyond, so I rehotkeyed them to other buttons. Also, used backspace-method with Zerg for larvae spawning etc., not really compatible while playing Protoss and Terran :D

Anyway, I used to play random, but got kinda bored with it. Reason being there were some match-ups which I did not like (ZvZ, PvT). It can quickly deter you from playing random, so I suggest focusing on developing specific match-ups more, like grind them out. Ofc, play random from time to time to keep all match-ups fresh, but if you hit a block in a match-up, sit down and work the problem out, in whatever way you choose.

Also, use the random attribute to your strength. I mean all-ins/cheese. I would not use it on ladder (kinda useless imo) but when playing BoXs etc.
tryteyker
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany83 Posts
February 09 2012 15:32 GMT
#27
On February 09 2012 22:10 Mr.X546 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 19:06 tryteyker wrote:
On February 09 2012 17:26 Mr.X546 wrote:
On February 09 2012 17:13 tryteyker wrote:
Do you guys have any useful tips when I want to start with Random? (I've been playing with Terran, Protoss and a bit with Zerg but I sturggle mostly with Zerg)



Fix different hotkeys set-ups for all the three races. i.e. change hotkey profile everytime you play a new race.



Why? :S
I'm pretty comfortable with 123 Army, 4 CC/Nexus/Hatches, 5 Rax/Gateway/2nd Hatch, 6 Robotics/Factory/3rd Hatch and 7-9 Upgrade Structures



Good, I just know that I had hard reaching 6 and beyond, so I rehotkeyed them to other buttons. Also, used backspace-method with Zerg for larvae spawning etc., not really compatible while playing Protoss and Terran :D

Anyway, I used to play random, but got kinda bored with it. Reason being there were some match-ups which I did not like (ZvZ, PvT). It can quickly deter you from playing random, so I suggest focusing on developing specific match-ups more, like grind them out. Ofc, play random from time to time to keep all match-ups fresh, but if you hit a block in a match-up, sit down and work the problem out, in whatever way you choose.

Also, use the random attribute to your strength. I mean all-ins/cheese. I would not use it on ladder (kinda useless imo) but when playing BoXs etc.


Well I like playing all 3 races after all but it might be better to just focus on 1 race (I'm mainly Toss atm) as you said.
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
February 09 2012 16:36 GMT
#28
so are there only 4 open offline events for MLG this year?
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
deathr0w
Profile Joined January 2011
United States114 Posts
February 10 2012 07:08 GMT
#29
Do you feel you will be at the top again soon Jinro? I really hope you do. You're one of my favorite players!<3
What do you do if your opponent does something weird? Go fucking kill him - Day[9]
drgonzhere
Profile Joined November 2010
United States447 Posts
February 10 2012 07:09 GMT
#30
Hey does anyone want to explain why HuK is back at the oGs house? Thats what I'm wondering about these days.
Dictator for Life of the PuMa Fanclub/ DRG, PuMA, Sage, Puzzle, MMA Fighting!
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
February 10 2012 08:48 GMT
#31
On February 09 2012 18:27 Nibirue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:58 aksfjh wrote:
Anybody else find it odd that TL.net skews your ads towards Korean dating sites?

LOL, my ad is for HASA bikes, which I just so happened to have bought from eBay earlier so I would say you are getting what you've googled

That's the thing though. The only other mildly related things I've Googled lately is airline tickets to Japan. I'm not getting "Japanese dating!" ads though...
Zhazulo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden226 Posts
February 10 2012 09:11 GMT
#32
On February 10 2012 00:32 tryteyker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 22:10 Mr.X546 wrote:
On February 09 2012 19:06 tryteyker wrote:
On February 09 2012 17:26 Mr.X546 wrote:
On February 09 2012 17:13 tryteyker wrote:
Do you guys have any useful tips when I want to start with Random? (I've been playing with Terran, Protoss and a bit with Zerg but I sturggle mostly with Zerg)



Fix different hotkeys set-ups for all the three races. i.e. change hotkey profile everytime you play a new race.



Why? :S
I'm pretty comfortable with 123 Army, 4 CC/Nexus/Hatches, 5 Rax/Gateway/2nd Hatch, 6 Robotics/Factory/3rd Hatch and 7-9 Upgrade Structures



Good, I just know that I had hard reaching 6 and beyond, so I rehotkeyed them to other buttons. Also, used backspace-method with Zerg for larvae spawning etc., not really compatible while playing Protoss and Terran :D

Anyway, I used to play random, but got kinda bored with it. Reason being there were some match-ups which I did not like (ZvZ, PvT). It can quickly deter you from playing random, so I suggest focusing on developing specific match-ups more, like grind them out. Ofc, play random from time to time to keep all match-ups fresh, but if you hit a block in a match-up, sit down and work the problem out, in whatever way you choose.




You could always just play the match-ups you want to play with practice partners/friends. I mean, you don't have to do a complete switch to random


Also, use the random attribute to your strength. I mean all-ins/cheese. I would not use it on ladder (kinda useless imo) but when playing BoXs etc.


Well I like playing all 3 races after all but it might be better to just focus on 1 race (I'm mainly Toss atm) as you said.

Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 09:26:26
February 10 2012 21:00 GMT
#33
Okay, what just happened here?
http://sc2ranks.com/ranks/all/master/1/all/points/4300
http://sc2ranks.com/eu/345670/bendoro
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Etc.
wklbishop
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1286 Posts
February 11 2012 04:48 GMT
#34
Hmm, lately my hands have been shaking each time I play 10 minutes into a game. Normally I'd attribute it to adrenaline or something, but it's a new thing so it's odd for me. And my hands feels numb and I can barely control them with the numbing lasting a bit afterwards.

Anyone got an idea as to how to remedy this?
Gameplay > Personality
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-11 04:54:11
February 11 2012 04:53 GMT
#35
On February 09 2012 18:27 Nibirue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 13:58 aksfjh wrote:
Anybody else find it odd that TL.net skews your ads towards Korean dating sites?

LOL, my ad is for HASA bikes, which I just so happened to have bought from eBay earlier so I would say you are getting what you've googled

So why am I getting advertisements for vampire video games? o_O
Edit: male dating sites and ebay now -.-
And I second the resource question on the first page. How is it possible to have more unspent, less income, and fewer workers and win in resources?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
dama
Profile Joined August 2011
19 Posts
February 11 2012 05:15 GMT
#36
What's the fastest way to reset the game for any map?

By reset mean doing something that "-r" does in YABOT maps.

I want to be able to do it in ladder maps.
tryteyker
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany83 Posts
February 11 2012 07:55 GMT
#37
On February 11 2012 14:15 dama wrote:
What's the fastest way to reset the game for any map?

By reset mean doing something that "-r" does in YABOT maps.

I want to be able to do it in ladder maps.


You mean resetting ladder maps when you play them in Singleplayer?
Only way I can think of is to quit n restart.
insanevixen
Profile Joined November 2011
United States7 Posts
February 11 2012 10:56 GMT
#38
Hai.
http://www.youtube.com/insanexvixen21 - 7.5k subs @insanexvixen - 4k followers ~ ps: free cookies for everyone :D
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
February 11 2012 11:12 GMT
#39
On February 11 2012 13:48 wklbishop wrote:
Hmm, lately my hands have been shaking each time I play 10 minutes into a game. Normally I'd attribute it to adrenaline or something, but it's a new thing so it's odd for me. And my hands feels numb and I can barely control them with the numbing lasting a bit afterwards.

Anyone got an idea as to how to remedy this?


Are you at all anxious etc while playing, do they sweat or go cold? hand shaking seems pretty common.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
February 11 2012 11:13 GMT
#40
Right now I'm seeing a PayTV ad and an ad for the Financial Review.

I don't watch TV and have no interest in business, so it's pretty safe to say that for the most part you just get whatever your region is getting.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 190
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 553
IndyStarCraft 190
BRAT_OK 53
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26311
Shuttle 1079
Hyuk 416
Mini 411
firebathero 191
hero 86
Sexy 78
ggaemo 77
Killer 53
Mong 48
[ Show more ]
Liquid`Ret 48
Hyun 42
Trap 40
PianO 28
ToSsGirL 26
Rock 17
zelot 17
Bale 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10567
qojqva1511
Dendi967
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1395
crisheroes1307
Liquid`Hasu689
Other Games
FrodaN2090
fl0m1437
Beastyqt849
Grubby829
Mlord484
Hui .235
Livibee181
Liquid`VortiX172
ArmadaUGS131
KnowMe125
Mew2King54
Trikslyr36
ToD23
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick330
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• mYiSmile122
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 1
• printf 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7926
Other Games
• Shiphtur343
• WagamamaTV248
• imaqtpie114
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 55m
INu's Battles
18h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.