• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:26
CEST 06:26
KST 13:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7884 users

[February] SC2 General Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
February 15 2012 17:13 GMT
#81
Finally promoted after three seasons in gold just when I was thinking of quitting XD
Flowtax
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands42 Posts
February 15 2012 18:21 GMT
#82
Dude, i was 5 seasons in gold =) And same here... finally promoted. TBH, i just had to play more
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
(AshBringer)
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1 Post
February 15 2012 19:27 GMT
#83
Hey For about a while now i have been seaing very good players at the start of there game Swipe there workers and then split when what i do is hit Ctrl F1 what Selects all workers that are not doing anything / idle what are the 6 workers yo get at the start then I seed them to the minerl line and i then split 3 to make a not bad split was just wondering what is btter /faster the pro way swipe workers or the automatic Ctrl F1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?
cDgKargo
Profile Joined July 2011
Ireland21 Posts
February 15 2012 22:52 GMT
#84
Ok so I have a real crap pc with onboard graphics.I only get 10 fps throughout the whole game.I am currently in Plat with over 1400 league wins so I must have played near to 3000 games.I feel like my low fps is holding me back.So my question to the community is, Does very bad fps effect play enough to keep you from getting better.
-Debaser-
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States329 Posts
February 15 2012 23:02 GMT
#85
On February 16 2012 07:52 cDgKargo wrote:
Ok so I have a real crap pc with onboard graphics.I only get 10 fps throughout the whole game.I am currently in Plat with over 1400 league wins so I must have played near to 3000 games.I feel like my low fps is holding me back.So my question to the community is, Does very bad fps effect play enough to keep you from getting better.


yes id say it does. if youre averaging 10 fps a game that sounds near unplayable- it must mean your fps drops down to 3-4 in the big fights making everything almost impossible to micro
TL+ Member
cDgKargo
Profile Joined July 2011
Ireland21 Posts
February 15 2012 23:06 GMT
#86
On February 16 2012 08:02 ayrsen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 07:52 cDgKargo wrote:
Ok so I have a real crap pc with onboard graphics.I only get 10 fps throughout the whole game.I am currently in Plat with over 1400 league wins so I must have played near to 3000 games.I feel like my low fps is holding me back.So my question to the community is, Does very bad fps effect play enough to keep you from getting better.


yes id say it does. if youre averaging 10 fps a game that sounds near unplayable- it must mean your fps drops down to 3-4 in the big fights making everything almost impossible to micro

that's what I thought just wanted some confirmation oh well guess masters will have to wait until I have a better setup
SoraLimit
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada747 Posts
February 16 2012 01:49 GMT
#87
Is anyone having problems with BNet right now? Trying to do my 1v1, but the "Find Match`` button is greyed out for me.
rOse_PedaL
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Korea (South)450 Posts
February 16 2012 01:50 GMT
#88
demoted to gold sucks to be me
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MKP HWAITING ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
HEROwithNOlegacy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States850 Posts
February 16 2012 07:34 GMT
#89
What is your favorite part of being a pro gamer and what is the most frustrating thing about living in a Korean pro house?
SlayerS Fighting!
KgKris
Profile Joined April 2011
United States164 Posts
February 16 2012 13:24 GMT
#90
So now that we know DRG is going to be playing Gumiho in the Ro4 in one week, will it be a problem for him to make it to Winter Arena for the start of competition the following day?
"The spider comes."
verne
Profile Joined September 2010
United States43 Posts
February 16 2012 20:10 GMT
#91
On February 09 2012 01:36 BossPlaya wrote:
Yesterday and today my bonus pool hasn't been going down even with wins. It's actually been climbing. I had 1 yesterday and then after I won I had 2. Now today I have 9 and it still won't go down even after I win. Anyone else getting this?


yeah I had that at the end of the season. I had 4 points in bonus pool but it would not award them, 2 wins in a row. The next day when I logged in it said I had zero pool.
You can't fix stupid.
verne
Profile Joined September 2010
United States43 Posts
February 16 2012 20:13 GMT
#92
On February 16 2012 04:27 (AshBringer) wrote:
Hey For about a while now i have been seaing very good players at the start of there game Swipe there workers and then split when what i do is hit Ctrl F1 what Selects all workers that are not doing anything / idle what are the 6 workers yo get at the start then I seed them to the minerl line and i then split 3 to make a not bad split was just wondering what is btter /faster the pro way swipe workers or the automatic Ctrl F1 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?



Just FYI to avoid confusion. It's called "boxing", not "swipe".

I dont think either method poses a significant advantage over the other way. whatever works for you is fine.
You can't fix stupid.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
February 16 2012 20:15 GMT
#93
On February 15 2012 22:33 tryteyker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 18:12 bolo272 wrote:
On February 15 2012 12:45 ETisME wrote:
On February 15 2012 06:02 bolo272 wrote:
Hi all

I just got an interesting idea. What if lings were given ability to jump down the cliffs? IMHO it wouldn't brake the balance, would just cause lings to be able to reinforce faster and what most important would stop abuse of ffing the ramp by toss players early game which is really frustraiting as zerg can only watch not being able to do anything. The same situation with siege tanks.

What do you think?

would be insanely imbalanced, you can't even wall off anymore. I get what you are talking about but that isn't definitly way too powerful



I mean that lings could jump DOWN only. Wall in still would be efficient


Pretty interesting idea for flanking, but I'd say it depends on the cliff size.

That idea is just... the entire map pool would have to be remade in every single tournament + ladder because of this, I don't think he realises just how imbalanced that would be as far as flanking and surrounding goes in key strategic positions.
verne
Profile Joined September 2010
United States43 Posts
February 16 2012 20:18 GMT
#94
On February 10 2012 17:48 aksfjh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2012 18:27 Nibirue wrote:
On February 09 2012 13:58 aksfjh wrote:
Anybody else find it odd that TL.net skews your ads towards Korean dating sites?

LOL, my ad is for HASA bikes, which I just so happened to have bought from eBay earlier so I would say you are getting what you've googled

That's the thing though. The only other mildly related things I've Googled lately is airline tickets to Japan. I'm not getting "Japanese dating!" ads though...



I dunno, all I get is a crybaby banner about please remove your adblock.
You can't fix stupid.
verne
Profile Joined September 2010
United States43 Posts
February 16 2012 20:23 GMT
#95
On February 11 2012 13:48 wklbishop wrote:
Hmm, lately my hands have been shaking each time I play 10 minutes into a game. Normally I'd attribute it to adrenaline or something, but it's a new thing so it's odd for me. And my hands feels numb and I can barely control them with the numbing lasting a bit afterwards.

Anyone got an idea as to how to remedy this?



play with your wrists in a neutral position. Have yourself checked for carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome. I'd say nerves as well but you say it happens only after playing for a while and involves numbness, which leads me to think some kinda nerve impingement is going on.
You can't fix stupid.
Darkong
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom418 Posts
February 16 2012 22:43 GMT
#96
I'm getting the impression that the majority of gold/plat level players in EU have down thumbed the new maps, played loads of games since the new season and not had either of them once.

Come on my fellow scrubs, don't be so boring -.-
Trolling the Battle.Net forums, the most fun you can have with your pants on.
Seohce
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom394 Posts
February 17 2012 01:15 GMT
#97
On February 16 2012 07:52 cDgKargo wrote:
Ok so I have a real crap pc with onboard graphics.I only get 10 fps throughout the whole game.I am currently in Plat with over 1400 league wins so I must have played near to 3000 games.I feel like my low fps is holding me back.So my question to the community is, Does very bad fps effect play enough to keep you from getting better.


Yes, definately. Upgrade your computer. You will notice a massive difference, how can you micro anything with 10 fps?

You can build a good solid gaming PC for about £400 if you build it yourself...
darunia
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States139 Posts
February 17 2012 01:26 GMT
#98
On February 16 2012 08:06 cDgKargo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 08:02 ayrsen wrote:
On February 16 2012 07:52 cDgKargo wrote:
Ok so I have a real crap pc with onboard graphics.I only get 10 fps throughout the whole game.I am currently in Plat with over 1400 league wins so I must have played near to 3000 games.I feel like my low fps is holding me back.So my question to the community is, Does very bad fps effect play enough to keep you from getting better.


yes id say it does. if youre averaging 10 fps a game that sounds near unplayable- it must mean your fps drops down to 3-4 in the big fights making everything almost impossible to micro

that's what I thought just wanted some confirmation oh well guess masters will have to wait until I have a better setup


Especially with a maxed zerg army. That shit gets graphically demanding :o
If it sounds good, it is good.
cDgKargo
Profile Joined July 2011
Ireland21 Posts
February 17 2012 19:12 GMT
#99
On February 17 2012 10:15 Seohce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2012 07:52 cDgKargo wrote:
Ok so I have a real crap pc with onboard graphics.I only get 10 fps throughout the whole game.I am currently in Plat with over 1400 league wins so I must have played near to 3000 games.I feel like my low fps is holding me back.So my question to the community is, Does very bad fps effect play enough to keep you from getting better.


Yes, definately. Upgrade your computer. You will notice a massive difference, how can you micro anything with 10 fps?

You can build a good solid gaming PC for about £400 if you build it yourself...

you cant micro with 10 fps i have tried it just doesnt work.gonnna try and grab a low profile gfx card for cheaps and hopefully that will improve it a bit.
AcesAnoka
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium262 Posts
February 17 2012 19:36 GMT
#100
Do units that warp in take twice damage?
masters terran eu
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 606
Larva 405
Leta 68
NaDa 46
TT1 18
Icarus 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm240
League of Legends
JimRising 779
Other Games
summit1g10159
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King104
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
BasetradeTV258
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2100
League of Legends
• Rush1205
• Lourlo886
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 34m
INu's Battles
7h 34m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 34m
Replay Cast
18h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.