• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8353 users

Moon joins Fnatic.SC2 - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
1388 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 70 Next
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-16 20:09:53
January 16 2012 20:05 GMT
#461
The trailer says "There is more to reality than meets a normal eye. Behind the curtain of everyday consciousness is hidden another unutterably strange universe."

Edit: I googled it and found this
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-beyond-within/


Dont really think I should read to much in to it, not that likely that Fnatic are entering the LSD scene lol
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
January 16 2012 20:05 GMT
#462
That was the most unsubtle thing I've ever seen.

....

.... I lie. The HuK pick-up was pretty unsubtle, as was the Zenio pick-up. Hah.
RageCommodore
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany912 Posts
January 16 2012 20:06 GMT
#463
Moonglade
I mean that would be the biggest troll of all time
But seriously, I've seen more subtle teasers if it really turns out to be Moon.
BW: sGs.sTaRfaLL SC2: MarojiN | fan of: Darkforce, DBS, Last, Mvp, BoguS/InnoVatioN | Executer vs Choosy on Gladiator - Never forget T-T
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 16 2012 20:06 GMT
#464
It looks like TSL is slowly crumbling...they are just losing too many players, and you can't sustain that kind of a turnover rate.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
CallousCarter
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom81 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-16 20:09:53
January 16 2012 20:08 GMT
#465
On January 17 2012 04:29 lavit2099 wrote:
To start this, let me say I have nothing against TSL (or Coach Lee) and I am not an EG fanboi.

I guess it's due to the fact that I'm American, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. TSL didn't have PuMa under contract. If you WANT to keep talent, you sign the talent to a deal. Maybe it's because I grew up hearing about baseball players and football players (not "futbol" but American football) getting signed to teams for millions. You don't run a professional team on "trust and faith."

If TSL isn't a professional team, I don't understand why they were/are butthurt over the PuMa thing. People grow and change and in this case these are YOUNG people (I'm reminded of the Stephano thing) want to spread out and see other things. In MMO terms, it's like the guild you join when you hit max level that you learn how to play at cap and stuff, that trains you up BEFORE you drop and join the uber leet raiding guild. Eight times out of ten the lower tier guild understands that and there usually isn't any bad feelings. If TSL is a professional team, why didn't they sign anyone to contracts? Is it a Korean thing? Do other Korean teams base everything off "trust and faith?"
I wont comment on the "I'm American" part but i will say I vehemently disagree. As complexity have found out many professional football teams (not gridiron but the game you play primarily with your feet), sports contracts are very difficult to enforce given the international nature of the agreement and it's not worth getting into a legal battle or paying for and supporting a player who has his heart set on moving to a different club or team.The only difference here is because TSL didn't have Puma contracted EG could cut them out of the deal and avoid paying them any fees. That's pretty dirty, Tyler made a good post in the State of the game thread about how business can benefit everyone involved, this was clearly detrimental to TSL as an organisation and coach Lee pseronally.

Your raiding guild analogy is also pretty hollow. TSL weren't and aren't a casual guild, they were a professional team with a team house, a full time coach and one of the first teams to start playing all their players a salary. The only difference between them and EG is EG has more financing available and TSL didn't want to force their young and possibly naive players into potentially oppressive and ultimately unenforceable contracts which i would consider quite a noble and respectable decision. Unfortunately that came back to bite them on the arse.

EG did a lot of deplorable things in this particular instance and I don't think they should be let off because they're used to abusing/defending against a flawed litigation system.
subl1me
Profile Joined November 2011
Chile60 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-16 20:09:20
January 16 2012 20:08 GMT
#466


Theyre even showing a moon
Hardigan
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1297 Posts
January 16 2012 20:14 GMT
#467
On January 17 2012 05:08 CallousCarter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 04:29 lavit2099 wrote:
To start this, let me say I have nothing against TSL (or Coach Lee) and I am not an EG fanboi.

I guess it's due to the fact that I'm American, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. TSL didn't have PuMa under contract. If you WANT to keep talent, you sign the talent to a deal. Maybe it's because I grew up hearing about baseball players and football players (not "futbol" but American football) getting signed to teams for millions. You don't run a professional team on "trust and faith."

If TSL isn't a professional team, I don't understand why they were/are butthurt over the PuMa thing. People grow and change and in this case these are YOUNG people (I'm reminded of the Stephano thing) want to spread out and see other things. In MMO terms, it's like the guild you join when you hit max level that you learn how to play at cap and stuff, that trains you up BEFORE you drop and join the uber leet raiding guild. Eight times out of ten the lower tier guild understands that and there usually isn't any bad feelings. If TSL is a professional team, why didn't they sign anyone to contracts? Is it a Korean thing? Do other Korean teams base everything off "trust and faith?"
I wont comment on the "I'm American" part but i will say I vehemently disagree. As complexity have found out many professional football teams (not gridiron but the game you play primarily with your feet), sports contracts are very difficult to enforce given the international nature of the agreement and it's not worth getting into a legal battle or paying for and supporting a player who has his heart set on moving to a different club or team.The only difference here is because TSL didn't have Puma contracted EG could cut them out of the deal and avoid paying them any fees. That's pretty dirty, Tyler made a good post in the State of the game thread about how business can benefit everyone involved, this was clearly detrimental to TSL as an organisation and coach Lee pseronally.

Your raiding guild analogy is also pretty hollow. TSL weren't and aren't a casual guild, they were a professional team with a team house, a full time coach and one of the first teams to start playing all their players a salary. The only difference between them and EG is EG has more financing available and TSL didn't want to force their young and possibly naive players into potentially oppressive and ultimately unenforceable contracts which i would consider quite a noble and respectable decision. Unfortunately that came back to bite them on the arse.

EG did a lot of deplorable things in this particular instance and I don't think they should be let off because they're used to abusing/defending against a flawed litigation system.

wait, i thought Puma and other players in the TSL at that time didn't get payed execpt for Trickster and fruitdealer?
And why should EG give TSL money if there was no real contract? Isn't it then TSL's fault for not making one?

Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
January 16 2012 20:16 GMT
#468
a little less than 23 hours to go

Who might it be..

And why are non of these announcements straight up? Everyone just hypes shit up cus EG started it ? It might be epic once in a while but what's wrong with a good straight up announcement ? :p
In the woods, there lurks..
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-16 20:16:52
January 16 2012 20:16 GMT
#469
On January 17 2012 05:14 Hardigan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 05:08 CallousCarter wrote:
On January 17 2012 04:29 lavit2099 wrote:
To start this, let me say I have nothing against TSL (or Coach Lee) and I am not an EG fanboi.

I guess it's due to the fact that I'm American, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. TSL didn't have PuMa under contract. If you WANT to keep talent, you sign the talent to a deal. Maybe it's because I grew up hearing about baseball players and football players (not "futbol" but American football) getting signed to teams for millions. You don't run a professional team on "trust and faith."

If TSL isn't a professional team, I don't understand why they were/are butthurt over the PuMa thing. People grow and change and in this case these are YOUNG people (I'm reminded of the Stephano thing) want to spread out and see other things. In MMO terms, it's like the guild you join when you hit max level that you learn how to play at cap and stuff, that trains you up BEFORE you drop and join the uber leet raiding guild. Eight times out of ten the lower tier guild understands that and there usually isn't any bad feelings. If TSL is a professional team, why didn't they sign anyone to contracts? Is it a Korean thing? Do other Korean teams base everything off "trust and faith?"
I wont comment on the "I'm American" part but i will say I vehemently disagree. As complexity have found out many professional football teams (not gridiron but the game you play primarily with your feet), sports contracts are very difficult to enforce given the international nature of the agreement and it's not worth getting into a legal battle or paying for and supporting a player who has his heart set on moving to a different club or team.The only difference here is because TSL didn't have Puma contracted EG could cut them out of the deal and avoid paying them any fees. That's pretty dirty, Tyler made a good post in the State of the game thread about how business can benefit everyone involved, this was clearly detrimental to TSL as an organisation and coach Lee pseronally.

Your raiding guild analogy is also pretty hollow. TSL weren't and aren't a casual guild, they were a professional team with a team house, a full time coach and one of the first teams to start playing all their players a salary. The only difference between them and EG is EG has more financing available and TSL didn't want to force their young and possibly naive players into potentially oppressive and ultimately unenforceable contracts which i would consider quite a noble and respectable decision. Unfortunately that came back to bite them on the arse.

EG did a lot of deplorable things in this particular instance and I don't think they should be let off because they're used to abusing/defending against a flawed litigation system.

wait, i thought Puma and other players in the TSL at that time didn't get payed execpt for Trickster and fruitdealer?
And why should EG give TSL money if there was no real contract? Isn't it then TSL's fault for not making one?


I think the issue was rather that EG didnt communicate with TSL at all than not paying for Puma.

followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
January 16 2012 20:16 GMT
#470
On January 17 2012 03:59 RusHXceL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 16 2012 00:50 big_boat wrote:
I'm so god damn excited.


and you just can't hide it.


i loled 1st time in my life for a forum post
followZeRoX
Profile Joined March 2011
Serbia1451 Posts
January 16 2012 20:17 GMT
#471
as i said on 4th post of topic it's moon
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 16 2012 20:17 GMT
#472
On January 17 2012 05:14 Hardigan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 05:08 CallousCarter wrote:
On January 17 2012 04:29 lavit2099 wrote:
To start this, let me say I have nothing against TSL (or Coach Lee) and I am not an EG fanboi.

I guess it's due to the fact that I'm American, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. TSL didn't have PuMa under contract. If you WANT to keep talent, you sign the talent to a deal. Maybe it's because I grew up hearing about baseball players and football players (not "futbol" but American football) getting signed to teams for millions. You don't run a professional team on "trust and faith."

If TSL isn't a professional team, I don't understand why they were/are butthurt over the PuMa thing. People grow and change and in this case these are YOUNG people (I'm reminded of the Stephano thing) want to spread out and see other things. In MMO terms, it's like the guild you join when you hit max level that you learn how to play at cap and stuff, that trains you up BEFORE you drop and join the uber leet raiding guild. Eight times out of ten the lower tier guild understands that and there usually isn't any bad feelings. If TSL is a professional team, why didn't they sign anyone to contracts? Is it a Korean thing? Do other Korean teams base everything off "trust and faith?"
I wont comment on the "I'm American" part but i will say I vehemently disagree. As complexity have found out many professional football teams (not gridiron but the game you play primarily with your feet), sports contracts are very difficult to enforce given the international nature of the agreement and it's not worth getting into a legal battle or paying for and supporting a player who has his heart set on moving to a different club or team.The only difference here is because TSL didn't have Puma contracted EG could cut them out of the deal and avoid paying them any fees. That's pretty dirty, Tyler made a good post in the State of the game thread about how business can benefit everyone involved, this was clearly detrimental to TSL as an organisation and coach Lee pseronally.

Your raiding guild analogy is also pretty hollow. TSL weren't and aren't a casual guild, they were a professional team with a team house, a full time coach and one of the first teams to start playing all their players a salary. The only difference between them and EG is EG has more financing available and TSL didn't want to force their young and possibly naive players into potentially oppressive and ultimately unenforceable contracts which i would consider quite a noble and respectable decision. Unfortunately that came back to bite them on the arse.

EG did a lot of deplorable things in this particular instance and I don't think they should be let off because they're used to abusing/defending against a flawed litigation system.

wait, i thought Puma and other players in the TSL at that time didn't get payed execpt for Trickster and fruitdealer?
And why should EG give TSL money if there was no real contract? Isn't it then TSL's fault for not making one?


It's not only about money, it's about respect. Respect is HUGE in Korean culture, and to circumvent a players coach during an acquisition is extremely disrespectful, even ignoring the business connotations of it.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Hardigan
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1297 Posts
January 16 2012 20:27 GMT
#473
On January 17 2012 05:17 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 05:14 Hardigan wrote:
On January 17 2012 05:08 CallousCarter wrote:
On January 17 2012 04:29 lavit2099 wrote:
To start this, let me say I have nothing against TSL (or Coach Lee) and I am not an EG fanboi.

I guess it's due to the fact that I'm American, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. TSL didn't have PuMa under contract. If you WANT to keep talent, you sign the talent to a deal. Maybe it's because I grew up hearing about baseball players and football players (not "futbol" but American football) getting signed to teams for millions. You don't run a professional team on "trust and faith."

If TSL isn't a professional team, I don't understand why they were/are butthurt over the PuMa thing. People grow and change and in this case these are YOUNG people (I'm reminded of the Stephano thing) want to spread out and see other things. In MMO terms, it's like the guild you join when you hit max level that you learn how to play at cap and stuff, that trains you up BEFORE you drop and join the uber leet raiding guild. Eight times out of ten the lower tier guild understands that and there usually isn't any bad feelings. If TSL is a professional team, why didn't they sign anyone to contracts? Is it a Korean thing? Do other Korean teams base everything off "trust and faith?"
I wont comment on the "I'm American" part but i will say I vehemently disagree. As complexity have found out many professional football teams (not gridiron but the game you play primarily with your feet), sports contracts are very difficult to enforce given the international nature of the agreement and it's not worth getting into a legal battle or paying for and supporting a player who has his heart set on moving to a different club or team.The only difference here is because TSL didn't have Puma contracted EG could cut them out of the deal and avoid paying them any fees. That's pretty dirty, Tyler made a good post in the State of the game thread about how business can benefit everyone involved, this was clearly detrimental to TSL as an organisation and coach Lee pseronally.

Your raiding guild analogy is also pretty hollow. TSL weren't and aren't a casual guild, they were a professional team with a team house, a full time coach and one of the first teams to start playing all their players a salary. The only difference between them and EG is EG has more financing available and TSL didn't want to force their young and possibly naive players into potentially oppressive and ultimately unenforceable contracts which i would consider quite a noble and respectable decision. Unfortunately that came back to bite them on the arse.

EG did a lot of deplorable things in this particular instance and I don't think they should be let off because they're used to abusing/defending against a flawed litigation system.

wait, i thought Puma and other players in the TSL at that time didn't get payed execpt for Trickster and fruitdealer?
And why should EG give TSL money if there was no real contract? Isn't it then TSL's fault for not making one?


It's not only about money, it's about respect. Respect is HUGE in Korean culture, and to circumvent a players coach during an acquisition is extremely disrespectful, even ignoring the business connotations of it.

well, ok than i say it was highly disrespectful from coach Lee, who didn't pay his players and didn't set them under contract and than complaining about it later.
I think it is just odd that so many players are leaving TSL. Sure, you can give the reasons coach Lee said, but maybe that's only one half of the story. Remember the trickster/freuitdealer incident? the drama changed 180° each time one party told their story.
Ornithorynquez
Profile Joined August 2009
430 Posts
January 16 2012 20:30 GMT
#474
fnaticMSI.JackBauer

The trailer seems pretty clear.
I have to return some videotapes.
Elem
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden4717 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-16 20:31:48
January 16 2012 20:31 GMT
#475
On January 17 2012 05:04 Fionn wrote:
No one is leaving the moon alive.
I don't think people who don't frequent the LR threads will get the joke properly.
#freeshauni
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
January 16 2012 20:32 GMT
#476
On January 17 2012 05:17 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 05:14 Hardigan wrote:
On January 17 2012 05:08 CallousCarter wrote:
On January 17 2012 04:29 lavit2099 wrote:
To start this, let me say I have nothing against TSL (or Coach Lee) and I am not an EG fanboi.

I guess it's due to the fact that I'm American, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. TSL didn't have PuMa under contract. If you WANT to keep talent, you sign the talent to a deal. Maybe it's because I grew up hearing about baseball players and football players (not "futbol" but American football) getting signed to teams for millions. You don't run a professional team on "trust and faith."

If TSL isn't a professional team, I don't understand why they were/are butthurt over the PuMa thing. People grow and change and in this case these are YOUNG people (I'm reminded of the Stephano thing) want to spread out and see other things. In MMO terms, it's like the guild you join when you hit max level that you learn how to play at cap and stuff, that trains you up BEFORE you drop and join the uber leet raiding guild. Eight times out of ten the lower tier guild understands that and there usually isn't any bad feelings. If TSL is a professional team, why didn't they sign anyone to contracts? Is it a Korean thing? Do other Korean teams base everything off "trust and faith?"
I wont comment on the "I'm American" part but i will say I vehemently disagree. As complexity have found out many professional football teams (not gridiron but the game you play primarily with your feet), sports contracts are very difficult to enforce given the international nature of the agreement and it's not worth getting into a legal battle or paying for and supporting a player who has his heart set on moving to a different club or team.The only difference here is because TSL didn't have Puma contracted EG could cut them out of the deal and avoid paying them any fees. That's pretty dirty, Tyler made a good post in the State of the game thread about how business can benefit everyone involved, this was clearly detrimental to TSL as an organisation and coach Lee pseronally.

Your raiding guild analogy is also pretty hollow. TSL weren't and aren't a casual guild, they were a professional team with a team house, a full time coach and one of the first teams to start playing all their players a salary. The only difference between them and EG is EG has more financing available and TSL didn't want to force their young and possibly naive players into potentially oppressive and ultimately unenforceable contracts which i would consider quite a noble and respectable decision. Unfortunately that came back to bite them on the arse.

EG did a lot of deplorable things in this particular instance and I don't think they should be let off because they're used to abusing/defending against a flawed litigation system.

wait, i thought Puma and other players in the TSL at that time didn't get payed execpt for Trickster and fruitdealer?
And why should EG give TSL money if there was no real contract? Isn't it then TSL's fault for not making one?


It's not only about money, it's about respect. Respect is HUGE in Korean culture, and to circumvent a players coach during an acquisition is extremely disrespectful, even ignoring the business connotations of it.

Pulling out the culture/respect argument is probably not the best thing to do. For every example you can find of "respect" and professionalism in Korea, you can find a million other counterexamples.

The PuMa/EG/TSL scandal, IMO, was mostly a bunch of miscommunication facilitated by PuMa. Not purposefully, of course, but PuMa was supposed to be the go-between guy, and he kind of failed at that. Whatever. It blew over.
Zalitara
Profile Joined July 2011
Norway361 Posts
January 16 2012 20:33 GMT
#477
I wonder how much Fnatic is going to pay Moon, can't imagen he is cheap, unless no other team has faith in him making it in SCII.
Live to win
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
January 16 2012 20:37 GMT
#478
On January 17 2012 05:27 Hardigan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 05:17 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 17 2012 05:14 Hardigan wrote:
On January 17 2012 05:08 CallousCarter wrote:
On January 17 2012 04:29 lavit2099 wrote:
To start this, let me say I have nothing against TSL (or Coach Lee) and I am not an EG fanboi.

I guess it's due to the fact that I'm American, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. TSL didn't have PuMa under contract. If you WANT to keep talent, you sign the talent to a deal. Maybe it's because I grew up hearing about baseball players and football players (not "futbol" but American football) getting signed to teams for millions. You don't run a professional team on "trust and faith."

If TSL isn't a professional team, I don't understand why they were/are butthurt over the PuMa thing. People grow and change and in this case these are YOUNG people (I'm reminded of the Stephano thing) want to spread out and see other things. In MMO terms, it's like the guild you join when you hit max level that you learn how to play at cap and stuff, that trains you up BEFORE you drop and join the uber leet raiding guild. Eight times out of ten the lower tier guild understands that and there usually isn't any bad feelings. If TSL is a professional team, why didn't they sign anyone to contracts? Is it a Korean thing? Do other Korean teams base everything off "trust and faith?"
I wont comment on the "I'm American" part but i will say I vehemently disagree. As complexity have found out many professional football teams (not gridiron but the game you play primarily with your feet), sports contracts are very difficult to enforce given the international nature of the agreement and it's not worth getting into a legal battle or paying for and supporting a player who has his heart set on moving to a different club or team.The only difference here is because TSL didn't have Puma contracted EG could cut them out of the deal and avoid paying them any fees. That's pretty dirty, Tyler made a good post in the State of the game thread about how business can benefit everyone involved, this was clearly detrimental to TSL as an organisation and coach Lee pseronally.

Your raiding guild analogy is also pretty hollow. TSL weren't and aren't a casual guild, they were a professional team with a team house, a full time coach and one of the first teams to start playing all their players a salary. The only difference between them and EG is EG has more financing available and TSL didn't want to force their young and possibly naive players into potentially oppressive and ultimately unenforceable contracts which i would consider quite a noble and respectable decision. Unfortunately that came back to bite them on the arse.

EG did a lot of deplorable things in this particular instance and I don't think they should be let off because they're used to abusing/defending against a flawed litigation system.

wait, i thought Puma and other players in the TSL at that time didn't get payed execpt for Trickster and fruitdealer?
And why should EG give TSL money if there was no real contract? Isn't it then TSL's fault for not making one?


It's not only about money, it's about respect. Respect is HUGE in Korean culture, and to circumvent a players coach during an acquisition is extremely disrespectful, even ignoring the business connotations of it.

well, ok than i say it was highly disrespectful from coach Lee, who didn't pay his players and didn't set them under contract and than complaining about it later.
I think it is just odd that so many players are leaving TSL. Sure, you can give the reasons coach Lee said, but maybe that's only one half of the story. Remember the trickster/freuitdealer incident? the drama changed 180° each time one party told their story.

Of course the drama changed 180 degrees because it was quickly established that FD/TricksteR had lied in their accounts....
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
January 16 2012 20:38 GMT
#479
On January 17 2012 05:27 Hardigan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 05:17 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 17 2012 05:14 Hardigan wrote:
On January 17 2012 05:08 CallousCarter wrote:
On January 17 2012 04:29 lavit2099 wrote:
To start this, let me say I have nothing against TSL (or Coach Lee) and I am not an EG fanboi.

I guess it's due to the fact that I'm American, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. TSL didn't have PuMa under contract. If you WANT to keep talent, you sign the talent to a deal. Maybe it's because I grew up hearing about baseball players and football players (not "futbol" but American football) getting signed to teams for millions. You don't run a professional team on "trust and faith."

If TSL isn't a professional team, I don't understand why they were/are butthurt over the PuMa thing. People grow and change and in this case these are YOUNG people (I'm reminded of the Stephano thing) want to spread out and see other things. In MMO terms, it's like the guild you join when you hit max level that you learn how to play at cap and stuff, that trains you up BEFORE you drop and join the uber leet raiding guild. Eight times out of ten the lower tier guild understands that and there usually isn't any bad feelings. If TSL is a professional team, why didn't they sign anyone to contracts? Is it a Korean thing? Do other Korean teams base everything off "trust and faith?"
I wont comment on the "I'm American" part but i will say I vehemently disagree. As complexity have found out many professional football teams (not gridiron but the game you play primarily with your feet), sports contracts are very difficult to enforce given the international nature of the agreement and it's not worth getting into a legal battle or paying for and supporting a player who has his heart set on moving to a different club or team.The only difference here is because TSL didn't have Puma contracted EG could cut them out of the deal and avoid paying them any fees. That's pretty dirty, Tyler made a good post in the State of the game thread about how business can benefit everyone involved, this was clearly detrimental to TSL as an organisation and coach Lee pseronally.

Your raiding guild analogy is also pretty hollow. TSL weren't and aren't a casual guild, they were a professional team with a team house, a full time coach and one of the first teams to start playing all their players a salary. The only difference between them and EG is EG has more financing available and TSL didn't want to force their young and possibly naive players into potentially oppressive and ultimately unenforceable contracts which i would consider quite a noble and respectable decision. Unfortunately that came back to bite them on the arse.

EG did a lot of deplorable things in this particular instance and I don't think they should be let off because they're used to abusing/defending against a flawed litigation system.

wait, i thought Puma and other players in the TSL at that time didn't get payed execpt for Trickster and fruitdealer?
And why should EG give TSL money if there was no real contract? Isn't it then TSL's fault for not making one?


It's not only about money, it's about respect. Respect is HUGE in Korean culture, and to circumvent a players coach during an acquisition is extremely disrespectful, even ignoring the business connotations of it.

well, ok than i say it was highly disrespectful from coach Lee, who didn't pay his players and didn't set them under contract and than complaining about it later.
I think it is just odd that so many players are leaving TSL. Sure, you can give the reasons coach Lee said, but maybe that's only one half of the story. Remember the trickster/freuitdealer incident? the drama changed 180° each time one party told their story.

What did you base this stupid assumption about Coach Lee not paying his players on?
justsayinbro
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
307 Posts
January 16 2012 20:40 GMT
#480
On January 17 2012 04:29 lavit2099 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 04:05 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On January 17 2012 03:57 lavit2099 wrote:
On January 17 2012 02:33 VirgilSC2 wrote:
PuMa: Poached by EG
JYP: Left because of new, tougher practice schedule
SangHo: Left because of new, tougher practice schedule


Those all seem rather harsh. Claiming a team poached a person? Did they kidnap him and prevent you from talking to him? From how I see it, as a fan on the outside, it's like any other professional sport. Players are signed to contracts. If Puma was a free agent of sorts and TSL didn't try to keep him, that's one thing. If he broke his contract when he dropped and signed with EG, that's another, but I didn't hear anything at all about that. Sounds like someone's a tad upset.

And saying that a player left because of "new, tougher practice schedule" smacks of "panties in a twist" type anger, too. Killer is a former BW pro. Most of what I hear about BW pros is that they weren't lazy because the game had such a high skill curve that you couldn't be lazy and be good at the game. And I don't think anyone who QQ's and quits because of "new, tougher practice schedule" would be able to take 3rd at HSC4. Plus, I don't think lazy people make it into Code A OR Code S all that easily.

Plus, I may be wrong, but wasn't this a Fnatic deal? Weren't they supposed to be the ones to shock and amaze us with their posting, not with the manager of ANOTHER team popping out and spoiling the surprise? Bad form, man, bad form.

I use the term "poached" rather freely because it's rather appropriate. If you go back and look at all the information about the TSL/PuMa/EG it's pretty "bad form" by EG.

As far as JYP and SangHo go, I didn't say "Left because they're lazy and worthless" or anything, I simply stated WHY they left. The only reason I put it as bluntly as I did is because I'm pretty disgusted by the amount of people pinning the situation on Coach Lee when he's actually been an amazingly nice guy about all this, agreeing to nullify contracts or sell contracts when the player decides to leave rather than keeping them around for their tenure, even in the state the team is in.

As far as this being a "Fnatic deal" so what? Most announcements get leaked ahead of time anyway. My knowledge of this information had nothing to do with me being a manager on a team. Furthermore, people already had said "Moon" for the first 10 pages before I said anything at all. I could have been a horrible person and leaked it before the hype announcement, but I kept the secret for a while out of respect.



To start this, let me say I have nothing against TSL (or Coach Lee) and I am not an EG fanboi.

I guess it's due to the fact that I'm American, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. TSL didn't have PuMa under contract. If you WANT to keep talent, you sign the talent to a deal. Maybe it's because I grew up hearing about baseball players and football players (not "futbol" but American football) getting signed to teams for millions. You don't run a professional team on "trust and faith."

If TSL isn't a professional team, I don't understand why they were/are butthurt over the PuMa thing. People grow and change and in this case these are YOUNG people (I'm reminded of the Stephano thing) want to spread out and see other things. In MMO terms, it's like the guild you join when you hit max level that you learn how to play at cap and stuff, that trains you up BEFORE you drop and join the uber leet raiding guild. Eight times out of ten the lower tier guild understands that and there usually isn't any bad feelings. If TSL is a professional team, why didn't they sign anyone to contracts? Is it a Korean thing? Do other Korean teams base everything off "trust and faith?"

And you're right, you didn't say they were lazy and worthless. You did, however, imply that they were lazy by saying that they left due to the new, tougher practice schedule. The work got tougher so they left. They didn't want to put in the extra work, so they left. If you don't want to put in the work, you're lazy. They left because they were lazy. That's more or less the thought process that went through my head when you said they left because of the new, tougher practice schedule. If you didn't mean it that way, I'd suggest trying to be a bit more PC about it (though I do hate political correctness, I like honesty).

And, again, you're right, people were saying Moon. They were speculating Moon, not confirming it, which is what you did. The fact that you confirmed it before Fnatic did, imo (feel free to disagree) is a big enough deal that it does raise into question any sort of BM from you and/or TSL about aLive leaving the team. Sort of like what FruitDealer and TricKsteR did at SC2Con. But you didn't "keep the secret due to respect" by confirming it before the team, did you?

puma was not contracted because this never came up as an issue before. you have to understand that around this time fruitdealer and tester were in their decline and puma was hands down the best player tsl offered with recent winnings(nasl). so believe it or not, coach lee believed in good faith that his players, his BEST player at that, won't run off to another team like he did. and when this happened coach lee publicly announced how pissed off he was about the whole ordeal.
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 70 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3936
Bisu 512
Hyuk 434
Soma 348
Rush 284
BeSt 222
Mong 90
Sexy 86
Killer 76
ToSsGirL 76
[ Show more ]
Shinee 38
yabsab 13
ZerO 12
sorry 12
Hm[arnc] 11
NaDa 9
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc3341
Counter-Strike
olofmeister725
shoxiejesuss694
edward41
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
gofns38470
ceh9594
singsing568
crisheroes220
dupreeh217
ZerO(Twitch)0
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 9
• killerbeecast6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• iopq 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1665
• Stunt405
Upcoming Events
OSC
13h 29m
Big Brain Bouts
1d
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-07
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.