• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:05
CEST 11:05
KST 18:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8883 users

Stronger Team Color Auto-Installer - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 20 Next All
As with all other 3rd party programs that modify SC2 game files, install at your own risk.
zoohairZ
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada254 Posts
March 05 2012 01:04 GMT
#281
Is it just my internet or does the auto-install download the files REALLY freaking slow? like 10 kb/s O_O
Antares_
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland269 Posts
March 06 2012 21:26 GMT
#282
On March 04 2012 08:55 raVensc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2012 08:45 Zeetox wrote:
Is it possible to install stronger colors for Terran units only? I the new look of T (especially Marauders), but Zerg and Protoss units look just a little bit too shiny and glossy and 'sweet' to me, so I didn't yet decide to install it.

I would really appreciate help if it is even possible.


I'm pretty sure you can modify the enUS.SC2Assets file in Pzea's Stronger Team Color post (found in the OP) and delete Zerg and Protoss modifications.


And how to modify this file? Which program should I use?
If you make no mistake, yet still lose - you don't understand the game. Spiral out, keep going.
xlava
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States676 Posts
March 06 2012 21:40 GMT
#283
On March 05 2012 10:04 -zoohairz- wrote:
Is it just my internet or does the auto-install download the files REALLY freaking slow? like 10 kb/s O_O


I think thats just your internet. I finished the setup in about less than an hour if my memory serves me right.
Squide
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden141 Posts
March 08 2012 15:55 GMT
#284
Cant get it to work... at all.. ive tried everything..
Manual install
Auto Install

Nothing happens.. :S

Im from EU.. i havent installed SC2 its from my old pc where i just copy pasted to the new one..
whats wrong?
Swedish | Diamond | Squide.606 | EU
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
March 10 2012 02:59 GMT
#285
On March 07 2012 06:26 Zeetox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2012 08:55 raVensc2 wrote:
On March 04 2012 08:45 Zeetox wrote:
Is it possible to install stronger colors for Terran units only? I the new look of T (especially Marauders), but Zerg and Protoss units look just a little bit too shiny and glossy and 'sweet' to me, so I didn't yet decide to install it.

I would really appreciate help if it is even possible.


I'm pretty sure you can modify the enUS.SC2Assets file in Pzea's Stronger Team Color post (found in the OP) and delete Zerg and Protoss modifications.


And how to modify this file? Which program should I use?


You need to modify this file with this MPQ Editor: http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html


Cant get it to work... at all.. ive tried everything..
Manual install
Auto Install

Nothing happens.. :S

Im from EU.. i havent installed SC2 its from my old pc where i just copy pasted to the new one..
whats wrong?


If it didn't work with the manual install and you renamed the file to fit the other files in the LibertyMulti.SC2Mod folder (eg. enUS.SC2Assets -> krKR.SC2Assets), then I've got no clue why it doesn't work, sorry
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 04:46:26
March 21 2012 04:42 GMT
#286
So this wasn't made very well, when I try to open it it keeps opening and closing STCInstaller frantically and I can't get rid of it, then I later realise that the "Updater.exe" is doing all this opening and closing and have to struggle close that with Process Explorer to stop STCInstaller from bugging out, except it seems that the Updater ALSO opens and closes as the STCInstaller does so I have to fight to close it before it alternates. Why did you even put an Updater in it? I doubt people care that much about getting the latest version. And if you were going to put one in at least make it properly?
zeroISM
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan161 Posts
March 24 2012 09:44 GMT
#287
On March 03 2012 11:52 raVensc2 wrote:
Re-released the program, it will not modify any files now Too much to document in one post, but I've basically cut out half the program, and I don't use MPQLib or the Zip dll anymore


Thank you for your hard work on this, it works wonders!
I'm glad that you made it even better by not having to modify any files now.

Only issue I had when updating was that I had to do the manual restoration, since I was having the same problem as the guy above this post.

Keep up the great work!
♘
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
March 30 2012 09:06 GMT
#288
On March 21 2012 13:42 XenoX101 wrote:
So this wasn't made very well, when I try to open it it keeps opening and closing STCInstaller frantically and I can't get rid of it, then I later realise that the "Updater.exe" is doing all this opening and closing and have to struggle close that with Process Explorer to stop STCInstaller from bugging out, except it seems that the Updater ALSO opens and closes as the STCInstaller does so I have to fight to close it before it alternates. Why did you even put an Updater in it? I doubt people care that much about getting the latest version. And if you were going to put one in at least make it properly?


My updater is working fine, for many people including myself, I've even checked the code recently. If you have re-downloaded the program and it still happens, it's a problem unique to you, and I probably can't help you with it. Sorry.
The updater was put there so people may not need to keep re-downloading the file every release (and it used to get released pretty often if you look at the change/release log).

Please make sure you extract all of the files rather than opening them. The updater problem may occur if the extras folder is not in the same folder as the Stronger Team Color Installer.exe file.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
April 01 2012 10:38 GMT
#289
Really cool mod! GGyo
Moderatorlickypiddy
Parnass
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany145 Posts
April 01 2012 19:12 GMT
#290
mac users will have to do this the manual way?
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-08 06:32:22
April 08 2012 06:31 GMT
#291
On April 02 2012 04:12 Parnass wrote:
mac users will have to do this the manual way?


Yarp, it's much easier now though, you don't need a program to do it for you, install instructions are on Pzea's post
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
April 21 2012 04:59 GMT
#292
On March 30 2012 18:06 raVensc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 13:42 XenoX101 wrote:
So this wasn't made very well, when I try to open it it keeps opening and closing STCInstaller frantically and I can't get rid of it, then I later realise that the "Updater.exe" is doing all this opening and closing and have to struggle close that with Process Explorer to stop STCInstaller from bugging out, except it seems that the Updater ALSO opens and closes as the STCInstaller does so I have to fight to close it before it alternates. Why did you even put an Updater in it? I doubt people care that much about getting the latest version. And if you were going to put one in at least make it properly?


My updater is working fine, for many people including myself, I've even checked the code recently. If you have re-downloaded the program and it still happens, it's a problem unique to you, and I probably can't help you with it. Sorry.
The updater was put there so people may not need to keep re-downloading the file every release (and it used to get released pretty often if you look at the change/release log).

Please make sure you extract all of the files rather than opening them. The updater problem may occur if the extras folder is not in the same folder as the Stronger Team Color Installer.exe file.


I had this problem with a previous install. Downloading the latest version seems to have fixed it. Thanks!
There is no one like you in the universe.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 06:39:38
April 21 2012 06:38 GMT
#293
WHo need that auto-installer, that adds some risks ?

Why you can't put simple one file inside one of game folders? Is it that hard?

I mean, whats hard with placing new enGB.sc2assets with new textures into LibertyMulti.sc2mod folder?
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
April 21 2012 07:06 GMT
#294
On April 21 2012 15:38 Existor wrote:
WHo need that auto-installer, that adds some risks ?

Why you can't put simple one file inside one of game folders? Is it that hard?

I mean, whats hard with placing new enGB.sc2assets with new textures into LibertyMulti.sc2mod folder?


This auto installer was made long before this current patch which brought back that method of installing. There is no point in using this installer now, however many people still use it (STCI Auto Installer is using 250+gb bandwidth per month), and in fact the amount of people who use it increase monthly.

This installer would be needed again if Blizzard decide to patch the current method of installing like they did a couple of patches ago, and you would need to MPQ edit a file.
ZERG
Profile Joined June 2011
Russian Federation36 Posts
May 12 2012 09:51 GMT
#295
installed , all was ok some days, after 11 may(little update of blizzard - not patch) i dont see any new colours..why ? i tryed to delete this file C:\Games\StarCraft II\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod - ruRU.SC2Assets
and installed again, nothing new, help =)
zeroISM
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan161 Posts
May 12 2012 15:14 GMT
#296
On May 12 2012 18:51 ProtoType21 wrote:
installed , all was ok some days, after 11 may(little update of blizzard - not patch) i dont see any new colours..why ? i tryed to delete this file C:\Games\StarCraft II\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod - ruRU.SC2Assets
and installed again, nothing new, help =)


I have had this problem as well. Everytime Blizzard releases a patch, it will check for altered files and remove/change them to the original form.
I have been able to make STC work again by doing the follow:
1. Open up STC Installer (latest version)
2. Click 'Restore Original' and complete that process.
3. Click 'Install', choose your locale again and point to your sc2 exe file. It will patch the game again.

It worked for me.
I hope we hear more from the creator of this installer, since this thread has been quiet for quite some time.
Blizzard really should implement this asap!
♘
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
May 12 2012 23:26 GMT
#297
I released a new update last night, which is essentially version 1.1.0.7 (I had deleted the newer code due to stupidity). I'm still getting the bugs ironed out, but please PM me if it doesn't work for you.
PETAVER
Profile Joined November 2010
United States9 Posts
May 13 2012 03:32 GMT
#298
On May 13 2012 08:26 raVensc2 wrote:
I released a new update last night, which is essentially version 1.1.0.7 (I had deleted the newer code due to stupidity). I'm still getting the bugs ironed out, but please PM me if it doesn't work for you.


Works for me . Thank You
Narcotic
Profile Joined September 2010
Italy101 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 12:04:02
May 13 2012 11:53 GMT
#299
I get stuck at the 4/6 step. I tried to restore the original and restart the installation but even leaving it working for 1 hour it looks like it's stuck. Any ideas?
Dracorath
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom120 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 12:53:29
May 13 2012 12:10 GMT
#300
I get this error every time I install it on the 3/5 step.

[image loading]

Help?
I'm the General Manager/Leader for Galactic Gaming and a aspiring Twitch caster.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech116
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 378
Hyuk 290
Leta 123
Shinee 110
ZerO 90
actioN 77
soO 57
Mong 56
EffOrt 52
Zeus 50
[ Show more ]
Killer 45
Mind 44
ToSsGirL 34
sorry 30
Aegong 25
PianO 23
Bale 23
HiyA 17
ZergMaN 13
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Terrorterran 2
Soma 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe105
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss480
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King181
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1682
Other Games
gofns9087
summit1g8026
olofmeister1325
singsing1059
ceh9589
Happy339
crisheroes290
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS89
DeMusliM18
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick516
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH210
• LUISG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Jankos1615
• Rush1383
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
55m
OSC
3h 55m
Stellar Fest
3h 55m
OSC
14h 55m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.