• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:02
CEST 16:02
KST 23:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12509 users

Prize money in Starcraft 2 - Page 80

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80
inamorato
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States263 Posts
January 13 2012 09:32 GMT
#1581
On January 13 2012 17:41 OPL3SA2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 17:08 inamorato wrote:
On January 12 2012 19:18 Phobbers wrote:
So, I have a big issue with how FXOboss went about this. Going through his blogs, he went on a huge panic with a post ~4 hours ago acting as if the world is ending. I understand wanting your players to get payed what they won but Providence was barely 2 months ago? 50K is not a small sum, the time needed to process it and get all the legal aspects out of the way probably take a lot longer than the regular 5k payout. FXOboss should be happy Leenock got payed this swiftly after seeing how slow some other organizations are with smaller prizes. It seems to me he overreacted hardcore and caused unneeded drama.

edit; english derp herp

Why should players have to wait for organizers to round up the money. This is directly what I stated in my last post. Tournament organizers should be going into tournaments with the checks already written and legal work as far as tax goes grounded.

It shouldn't be an individual organism that runs on revenue hitting a certain safe place before pay out can be made. I don't care if 0 people attend and they take a 500 thousand dollar loss. The bottom line is these tournaments boast huge prize pools but when the time comes to collect the money its like pulling a fucking wisdom tooth.

MLG claims immediate pay, yet it took over 2 months for Leenock and public outcry to receive the money. I also doubt Sundance had the check written out and Boss just so happened to post and wow it was all so magical how everything came together. No I don't believe that.

It's not just MLG. This has been going on for 10 years since CPL started 100k prize pools for 1.6 and not paying.

All I am trying to establish is organizers need to ahead of time take into consideration every cent that is going to be paid out, and subtract that from the expected revenue and immediately pay. And if the expected revenue is a complete farce, it doesn't matter because the organizers should already have checks written out linked to a bank account that has the prize money they are promising.


Listen while most can agree with the majority of what you are saying, the tone is all off I think. At the end of the day, it's a burgeoning scene with limited funds. Everyone is just trying to get by and the people you are vilifying are exactly the ones putting in the hard work and supporting the game, trying to take care of the players, and not making much money in the process themselves. According to the chart, only ESL should be taken to task because over 2 years basically means the money doesn't exist any longer. To every other organization, I say kudos. It takes over 8 months for the NFL to pay out Superbowl bonuses to owners so why should this be held to a different standard?

Ryan

While sure you say Kudos but all of the people paying 70 dollars for a player pass for MLG, or whatever the price may be for any other event and then being stuck when it's time to collect what the fuck do you say to that?

You and all of these sheep with this "growing the scene" non sense. If MLG didn't have a pocket do you think they would be so concerned about the "scene". The answer is no.

These may be tournaments but they almost every tournament is also a business model. Without the opportunity to develop a following and a revenue do you think any of these tournaments would exist?

It isn't just MLG they aren't anymore guilty than their counter parts but you suggest "everyone is just trying to get by". You can't even comprehend the amount of money that a tournament like MLG or Dreamhack receives be it through player passes, golden packages, and all of the advertising. It is a sum that could pay for the player proceeds over 10 fold, and its only a 3-4 day tournament at most. That means LESS money going into infrastructure fees, staff fees, isp fees, etc so on and so forth. What exactly does MLG do for the players?

Then you take into consideration a tournament like the GSL that is tournament that runs for months on end consecutively into another tournament followed by another and by another. Do you hear any complaints about pay outs from them? No. Because they handle their business promptly and appropriately. The majority of the foreign scene has turned into vampires lusting over money. They need to take a stern look at the GSL or even towards the Brood War scene and try to understand how to develop a self sustaining business model, not a creature that lives from one event to the next.

The NFL reference is moot. It should be held to a different standard because the NFL for one is an established reputable organization that pays. Where you can count on the money being there when its said to be there. This 8 month reference I don't know where it comes from but it's irrelevant anyways. You can't compare a 90 year old sport to a 14 month old video game, its absurd.
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan Designed and directed by his red right hand
inamorato
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States263 Posts
January 13 2012 09:35 GMT
#1582
On January 13 2012 17:32 Phobbers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 17:08 inamorato wrote:
On January 12 2012 19:18 Phobbers wrote:
So, I have a big issue with how FXOboss went about this. Going through his blogs, he went on a huge panic with a post ~4 hours ago acting as if the world is ending. I understand wanting your players to get payed what they won but Providence was barely 2 months ago? 50K is not a small sum, the time needed to process it and get all the legal aspects out of the way probably take a lot longer than the regular 5k payout. FXOboss should be happy Leenock got payed this swiftly after seeing how slow some other organizations are with smaller prizes. It seems to me he overreacted hardcore and caused unneeded drama.

edit; english derp herp

Why should players have to wait for organizers to round up the money. This is directly what I stated in my last post. Tournament organizers should be going into tournaments with the checks already written and legal work as far as tax goes grounded.

It shouldn't be an individual organism that runs on revenue hitting a certain safe place before pay out can be made. I don't care if 0 people attend and they take a 500 thousand dollar loss. The bottom line is these tournaments boast huge prize pools but when the time comes to collect the money its like pulling a fucking wisdom tooth.

MLG claims immediate pay, yet it took over 2 months for Leenock and public outcry to receive the money. I also doubt Sundance had the check written out and Boss just so happened to post and wow it was all so magical how everything came together. No I don't believe that.

It's not just MLG. This has been going on for 10 years since CPL started 100k prize pools for 1.6 and not paying.

All I am trying to establish is organizers need to ahead of time take into consideration every cent that is going to be paid out, and subtract that from the expected revenue and immediately pay. And if the expected revenue is a complete farce, it doesn't matter because the organizers should already have checks written out linked to a bank account that has the prize money they are promising.

But the thing is, MLG does pay immediately. This was the first occasion, at least since SC2 has been part of the pro circuit, that MLG did not pay the player on the spot. I understand your case of wanting players to get payed on the day they win, and I agree completely. But I feel FXOboss just blew up way too hard and caused way too much drama about it. If anything other organizations need to take a page from MLG's book and pay in a timely fashion.

It isn't necessarily that I believe they need to be paid on the day of the winnings no exceptions but I believe these tournament should formally announce when the pay out will be. The reason I use immediate with MLG is because that's the standard they've held themselves to.
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan Designed and directed by his red right hand
xXxSepirothxXx
Profile Joined November 2011
68 Posts
January 13 2012 12:34 GMT
#1583
On January 13 2012 01:37 HuK wrote:
us players need to get all gangsta and shit. im listening to 2pac gangsta party and gangsta paradise at the same time, got me all heated and shit. fuck dis shit we need to get together ride out, then put some motha fukin work on these punk ass tournaments like some o g (original gamers). piss in bottles on stage and shitw hen they dont let us go to bathroom break.

FEEL ME MOTHA FUCKAS?


Mah nigga.. i feel dat shit.
hatespam
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Romania161 Posts
January 13 2012 14:10 GMT
#1584
i'm so glad i came about this thread. it's sad, but it feels good to know the truth.
ask, and you shall have asked
lvent
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States140 Posts
January 13 2012 16:55 GMT
#1585
On January 13 2012 17:32 Phobbers wrote:

But the thing is, MLG does pay immediately. This was the first occasion, at least since SC2 has been part of the pro circuit, that MLG did not pay the player on the spot. I understand your case of wanting players to get payed on the day they win, and I agree completely. But I feel FXOboss just blew up way too hard and caused way too much drama about it. If anything other organizations need to take a page from MLG's book and pay in a timely fashion.



The problem is if noone says nothing nothing is changed and the process becomes status quo. But if people crucify him(Boss) for calling out tournaments you do a disservice to people trying to get their guys paid. I mean honestly outside of the players and people affilated with teams how many really even thought there was such a ridiculous time frame to pay out people?
Pocky52
Profile Joined November 2011
United States463 Posts
January 13 2012 17:04 GMT
#1586
On January 13 2012 01:37 HuK wrote:
us players need to get all gangsta and shit. im listening to 2pac gangsta party and gangsta paradise at the same time, got me all heated and shit. fuck dis shit we need to get together ride out, then put some motha fukin work on these punk ass tournaments like some o g (original gamers). piss in bottles on stage and shitw hen they dont let us go to bathroom break.

FEEL ME MOTHA FUCKAS?

Huk, gangsta as fuck. and shit.
Mikey
Profile Joined January 2011
United States277 Posts
January 13 2012 17:19 GMT
#1587
MLG/GSL/HSC/NASL only legit sc2 tournaments? Thoughts?

Major tournaments such as IPL, Dreamhack, IEM, anything ESL orientated all have history of not paying players or paying extremely late? How can they be considered major tournaments?
Please watch my DotA2 Stream: www.twitch.tv/Mikey -- Member of Team Quantic's DotA2 division :) !
MrCash
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1504 Posts
January 13 2012 19:51 GMT
#1588
I think the MLG stats need an update.
Leenock didn't receive his money for a very long time...
Phobbers
Profile Joined May 2011
773 Posts
January 13 2012 19:55 GMT
#1589
On January 14 2012 04:51 MrCash wrote:
I think the MLG stats need an update.
Leenock didn't receive his money for a very long time...

2 months isn't a very long time, especially compared to other tourneys w/ much small prize pools. This was the first time MLG was "slow" on a payment. Incontrol has said on sotg that MLG will actually chase you down to make sure you get your money before you leave. Hopefully this doesn't occur again/much more from MLG, and I doubt it will.
EG/C9/ALL/TSM
naVaz
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany38 Posts
January 13 2012 20:08 GMT
#1590
its just not ok to advertise with big prize pools and then let the players wait for ages to get their money. there is no point in defending that bullshit. and if they cant change it, they need to change the whole sponsor-payment-model. it cant be that the RISK in this whole business model is on the players shoulders. if something goes wrong and the income of an invent doesnt match up the promised price money, then the sponsors or the turnament organizers should be the ones who are f*cked, not the players. end of discussion.

people who say something is ok because its always been like this are the reason this fucking planet is doomed. stupid brainwashed idiots.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-13 21:19:39
January 13 2012 20:09 GMT
#1591
Redirected
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 13 2012 20:26 GMT
#1592
I do not think the MLG Nationals prize money is an issue yet. Getting 50K out of the country and into Korea is not something one can do overnight. I think FXOboss might be burning bridges here, calling out MLG unnecessarily like that.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
quickclickz
Profile Joined June 2011
United States81 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-14 01:54:09
January 14 2012 01:52 GMT
#1593
FXOBoss definitely over-reacted with MLG. Both Idra, Incontrol and Huk and Tyler have said that MLG are one of the best tournaments when it comes to paying ..on time. Idra said something along the lines of: "Yeah they actually chase you down and shove the check down your throat.. it's kind of cool." Also in the same SOTG, he said "ESL is one of the tournaments that you should go to; like they wait a year or more.. but they will pay you so at least I can give them that much." This is probably one of the few instances MLG has slipped. Furthermore even back in '09 during the WoW and CS days, people complained about prize money (especially ESL's events) but have agreed that MLG pays in a very timely manner.

TLDR: FXOBoss overreacted, MLG had a 2-3 year good-standing reputation until this incident.
"Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition"
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
January 14 2012 02:08 GMT
#1594
On January 13 2012 17:22 mTwTT1 wrote:
y does everyone say that whenever i make a post, so much hate

If it makes you feel better, I've liked you since I read your posts on mechanical keyboards and you actually knew what you were talking about :D and to get back on topic oh you huk :D
Whatever happens, happens
ES_JohnClark
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1121 Posts
January 14 2012 02:21 GMT
#1595
On January 13 2012 18:32 inamorato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2012 17:41 OPL3SA2 wrote:
On January 13 2012 17:08 inamorato wrote:
On January 12 2012 19:18 Phobbers wrote:
So, I have a big issue with how FXOboss went about this. Going through his blogs, he went on a huge panic with a post ~4 hours ago acting as if the world is ending. I understand wanting your players to get payed what they won but Providence was barely 2 months ago? 50K is not a small sum, the time needed to process it and get all the legal aspects out of the way probably take a lot longer than the regular 5k payout. FXOboss should be happy Leenock got payed this swiftly after seeing how slow some other organizations are with smaller prizes. It seems to me he overreacted hardcore and caused unneeded drama.

edit; english derp herp

Why should players have to wait for organizers to round up the money. This is directly what I stated in my last post. Tournament organizers should be going into tournaments with the checks already written and legal work as far as tax goes grounded.

It shouldn't be an individual organism that runs on revenue hitting a certain safe place before pay out can be made. I don't care if 0 people attend and they take a 500 thousand dollar loss. The bottom line is these tournaments boast huge prize pools but when the time comes to collect the money its like pulling a fucking wisdom tooth.

MLG claims immediate pay, yet it took over 2 months for Leenock and public outcry to receive the money. I also doubt Sundance had the check written out and Boss just so happened to post and wow it was all so magical how everything came together. No I don't believe that.

It's not just MLG. This has been going on for 10 years since CPL started 100k prize pools for 1.6 and not paying.

All I am trying to establish is organizers need to ahead of time take into consideration every cent that is going to be paid out, and subtract that from the expected revenue and immediately pay. And if the expected revenue is a complete farce, it doesn't matter because the organizers should already have checks written out linked to a bank account that has the prize money they are promising.


Listen while most can agree with the majority of what you are saying, the tone is all off I think. At the end of the day, it's a burgeoning scene with limited funds. Everyone is just trying to get by and the people you are vilifying are exactly the ones putting in the hard work and supporting the game, trying to take care of the players, and not making much money in the process themselves. According to the chart, only ESL should be taken to task because over 2 years basically means the money doesn't exist any longer. To every other organization, I say kudos. It takes over 8 months for the NFL to pay out Superbowl bonuses to owners so why should this be held to a different standard?

Ryan

While sure you say Kudos but all of the people paying 70 dollars for a player pass for MLG, or whatever the price may be for any other event and then being stuck when it's time to collect what the fuck do you say to that?

You and all of these sheep with this "growing the scene" non sense. If MLG didn't have a pocket do you think they would be so concerned about the "scene". The answer is no.

These may be tournaments but they almost every tournament is also a business model. Without the opportunity to develop a following and a revenue do you think any of these tournaments would exist?

It isn't just MLG they aren't anymore guilty than their counter parts but you suggest "everyone is just trying to get by". You can't even comprehend the amount of money that a tournament like MLG or Dreamhack receives be it through player passes, golden packages, and all of the advertising. It is a sum that could pay for the player proceeds over 10 fold, and its only a 3-4 day tournament at most. That means LESS money going into infrastructure fees, staff fees, isp fees, etc so on and so forth. What exactly does MLG do for the players?

Then you take into consideration a tournament like the GSL that is tournament that runs for months on end consecutively into another tournament followed by another and by another. Do you hear any complaints about pay outs from them? No. Because they handle their business promptly and appropriately. The majority of the foreign scene has turned into vampires lusting over money. They need to take a stern look at the GSL or even towards the Brood War scene and try to understand how to develop a self sustaining business model, not a creature that lives from one event to the next.

The NFL reference is moot. It should be held to a different standard because the NFL for one is an established reputable organization that pays. Where you can count on the money being there when its said to be there. This 8 month reference I don't know where it comes from but it's irrelevant anyways. You can't compare a 90 year old sport to a 14 month old video game, its absurd.


Just commenting on your notion that league/organizations make money from their live events. You sir.. are mistaken Very little money is made from those live events. This is why, for MLG to survive, they must secure Venture Capital of millions of dollars. It costs large large chunks of money to run those events. I can tell you.. just to rent the space that IEM did in NYC 2 years ago for the IEM NA Finals.. was a LOT of money. That does not even tough the overhead and cost to get the admins there, pay them and feed them.


Still Naked!
quickclickz
Profile Joined June 2011
United States81 Posts
January 14 2012 02:40 GMT
#1596
On January 14 2012 11:21 csn_JohnClark wrote:


Just commenting on your notion that league/organizations make money from their live events. You sir.. are mistaken Very little money is made from those live events. This is why, for MLG to survive, they must secure Venture Capital of millions of dollars. It costs large large chunks of money to run those events. I can tell you.. just to rent the space that IEM did in NYC 2 years ago for the IEM NA Finals.. was a LOT of money. That does not even tough the overhead and cost to get the admins there, pay them and feed them.




Unless you work there and actually have info on their fundings, I don't want you making drastic claims such as: "This business is not making any money and they've been doing this for 3 years and continues to improve every year with innovations ... but they're still not making money."

You're forgetting the amount of money made from sponsors and that SC2 isn't the only game that goes on at these events...
"Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition"
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
February 03 2012 20:34 GMT
#1597
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but ESL is at it again http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/167135/

It is no secret to say that there is a backlog of payments when it comes to ESL competitions. However, today Cadred was sent correspondence from ESL employees that confirms that the payments are being delayed to divert funds into running other events.

The correspondence, sent to players awaiting the EPS Nordic pay out, is the latest in a long line of back-tracking and excuses from ESL. The competition in question began 16 months ago and promises have been made for a pay out on several occasions.

The main issue that there seems to be is that the lack of payment to CS:S competition winners seems to be delayed to fund bigger events that do not have the CS:S game on the ticket. Many disgruntled CS:S players have been coming together in private to discuss a potential boycott of ESL competitions on this basis.
The latest piece of correspondence read:

Show nested quote +
We are totally aware that there are still two season of EPS Nordic unpaid, and we really regret the long delay. So first of all please be reassured that we will send the money as soon as we can. ESL has always paid out all prizes, even though sometimes with a lot of delay.

Concerning the exact date, I cannot really give you one, yet.
Because of the high running costs for our current events in Kiev, Sao Paulo and Hanover (all within less than 2 months) it is rather unlikely that accounting can free up enough liquidity to pay your money before CeBIT is over.

Again, we are really sorry for the delay and hope for your continued patience.



Previous e-mails to players from October, November and December also pointed to other events taking precedent over settling these debts.

The ESL have declined to give us any additional comment on the matter.
Thank God and gunrun.
aintthatfunny
Profile Joined April 2012
193 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 00:36:55
February 16 2013 00:36 GMT
#1598
(I hope this is a good enough reason for a bump, if not, sorry, I didn't know what else to do.)

The competo/xilence cups are, in my experience, not paying out prize money. I won a 200$ cup 7 months ago, gave my paypal to an admin as is the norm, and then waited.
After receiving nothing after 6/7 weeks I contacted them (tournament admin) again, was given an email I should write to, did that, waited, nothing, not even a reply, even after sending another email in the unlikely event they may have overlooked it.

Then I contacted the competo account on TL, asked for help, he gave me another email and suggested maybe I should contact facebook.com/competo. I wrote to both, and waited, again the same thing. No reply, nothing at all.

Finally I talked to the same admin that I had talked to after winning the cup (Seedsystem), this time he acts more friendly and tells me something will be done - says he didn't work there at that time, maybe it's a different person using the account, maybe it's bullshit I can't know - same evening I contact him he replys he's sorry and there is nothing he can do, and quotes what some mystery man that I may not speak to said:

wegen dem hast du schon mal gefragt. der hat auch schon wen anders von uns gefragt und der bekommt jedes mal die selbe antwort. er hat sich damals, trotz meiner aufforderung, erst monate später gemeldet. wer dann nach 5 monaten ankommt, der brauch auch nix erwarten


in english

You've already asked me about him before. He's already asked others of us as well and he'll always get the same answer. He, contrary to my requests, contacted us months after the event. He who arrives 5 months afterwards, doesn't need to expect anything.

This is a complete and utter bullshit excuse for not paying because:

1. They never even fucking replied, I never got any sort of answer what was going on with my prize money.

2. Nobody ever asked me for any sort of contact information, but I did give it to them right after the tournament ended. I can't prove it (I didn't think of screenshotting a bnet chat, now I know ), but I can prove having played in a massive amount of smaller tournaments and winning them as well, point being I know the procedure and it's highly unlikely for me to not have given them my paypal right after the tournament was finished.

3. The first contact that I can prove was like I said approximately 6 weeks after the tournament ended, and of course the multiple emails I sent after that (yay gmail storage). 5 months after the event would be in december, that being the time when I was in contact with the TL competo account. Which was way after I had tried contacting them before.

And finally 4. Why should it even matter how late I contact them? I never sent an email saying I didn't want the prize money, so I fail to see why the person in charge of payments thinks he doesn't have to pay because he has waited a certain amount of time while doing absolutely nothing.

In retrospect, I admit I shouldn't have waited so long between sending emails / asking people, but that doesn't change the fact that I am in the right, and there is absolutely no legitimate reason for competo to not pay me my prize money as I see it.
Didn't know what else to do, so I'm posting about it here.
I promise I'll behave.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-16 00:57:18
February 16 2013 00:52 GMT
#1599
I can't remember exactly, but wasn't there some drama around Competo before already? I think some things did go wrong and they didn't send hardware prizes to players or something.

I think there's a reason you don't hear anything from them anymore, sadly I wouldn't expect to receive your money from them.
Prev 1 78 79 80
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 278
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 278
mouzHeroMarine 230
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41390
Bisu 2791
Hyuk 1689
Shuttle 1619
Mini 695
EffOrt 631
Larva 445
Soma 320
firebathero 234
ZerO 210
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 98
Zeus 73
Pusan 67
Sexy 53
Killer 50
Hyun 47
Bale 36
Trap 36
Mong 35
sorry 32
Hm[arnc] 27
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Rock 12
Noble 12
yabsab 12
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6855
qojqva1401
Dendi958
Counter-Strike
fl0m928
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1287
crisheroes885
Liquid`Hasu466
Lowko417
Other Games
gofns50010
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1287
DeMusliM258
Livibee181
Hui .135
Liquid`VortiX133
ArmadaUGS89
Mew2King86
CosmosSc2 19
ZerO(Twitch)18
elazer8
KnowMe0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6612
League of Legends
• Jankos1862
Other Games
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 59m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 59m
INu's Battles
21h 59m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.