• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:29
CEST 02:29
KST 09:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9372 users

Do you macro like a pro? - Page 56

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 63 Next
GoldenH
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1115 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-22 09:58:31
December 22 2011 09:51 GMT
#1101
On December 22 2011 05:44 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Anyone saying that their macro is as good as a pro, check your worker production. If it's not perfect, than obviously your income will be lower, which means that your spending will be lower


So I played quite a few games today (as i'm sick) so, I'm off my game, but apparently, I still macro like a pro.

My probe production:
[image loading]

My income vs
[image loading]

My SQ
[image loading]

My rating
[image loading]

Conclusion: Yes. I macro like a pro. I could probably improve a bit, but I'm there. So, probably, do most diamond+ level players. But there is just something missing.
"(Dudes are) not going to say "Buy this game — I cried at the end". (...) I suppose the secret is to find a game that makes you shoot eight million fuckin' dudes and then cry about how awesome it is to shoot eight million fuckin' dudes." - Tim Rogers
Kfcnoob
Profile Joined January 2011
United States296 Posts
January 10 2012 07:06 GMT
#1102
wow i did the calculation on some of my recent games and they are between 90-101
i even double checked the math with the link SQ calculator
i guess my micro or decision making is holding me back lol
And Artosis sayeth "the one who kills many, but loses few, comes out ahead."
-Secret-
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom233 Posts
January 21 2012 18:37 GMT
#1103
So what is missing if we have good SQ?
RommelTJ
Profile Joined July 2010
Mexico50 Posts
January 24 2012 04:26 GMT
#1104
On January 10 2012 16:06 Kfcnoob wrote:
wow i did the calculation on some of my recent games and they are between 90-101
i even double checked the math with the link SQ calculator
i guess my micro or decision making is holding me back lol


What rank are you?
StarCraft en Español - www.sc2mx.com
MrBazinga
Profile Joined January 2012
32 Posts
January 26 2012 23:16 GMT
#1105
Just calculated my SQ for the last ten games >600 income.

AvgSQ: 71.9
League: Bronze :D
-_-Quails
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia796 Posts
January 27 2012 01:39 GMT
#1106
I would be interested in seeing how the average SQ at various levels has changed since the initial calculation.
"I post only when my brain works." - Reaper9
KicKDoG
Profile Joined December 2003
Sweden765 Posts
January 27 2012 01:42 GMT
#1107
Holy "#%! really nice too read. Good job.
http://www.twitter.com/KicKDoG_LoL baylife plox?
stickyhands
Profile Joined May 2011
187 Posts
January 30 2012 13:14 GMT
#1108
On January 22 2012 03:37 iControlYou wrote:
So what is missing if we have good SQ?


decision making, scouting, army composition, micro, positioning, engagements, etc
you can spend your money making mass CC and only SCVs with a good SQ, you'll never win vs someone at an equivalent level
| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
aebriol
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway2066 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 14:15:08
January 30 2012 13:45 GMT
#1109
On December 22 2011 18:51 GoldenH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2011 05:44 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Anyone saying that their macro is as good as a pro, check your worker production. If it's not perfect, than obviously your income will be lower, which means that your spending will be lower


So I played quite a few games today (as i'm sick) so, I'm off my game, but apparently, I still macro like a pro.

Your average: 75. Which was slightly better than the average masters level 6 months ago. Not professionals. Not high masters. GM players 6 months ago, were significantly better (at 80some in average).

It would be natural for me to conclude that players - in general - have become somewhat better in the meantime, and that if you played like you do now 6 months ago, you would have been in masters, but right now you are in ... top diamond to mid or low masters? because that's where the skill is now.

It would be interesting if someone with too much time at their hands redid the original work to see where the average player was right now for each league - and then for the top 20 GM in Korea. But I feel bad for suggesting it because I know I wouldn't have it in me to do that.

edit: Top 3 on GM on EU now are T Z P - Happy, Nerchio and Titan. Average last 10 games for SQ are 88, 89 and 86 - but Titan had two games in there where he was low 70s, and if I ignore those, his average is 89.

So ... top GM, not tournament setting, on EU, is around 88 - 90 it seems when they are just playing normally. So I am thinking, 85+ is probably what you should average at the very least in order to claim to 'macro like a pro'. 90+ and you have a solid case Note that from the numbers I got, all the pro's had games > 100 SQ in their last 10, so that's probably closer to their actual limit.
ReboundEU
Profile Joined September 2010
508 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 14:18:50
January 30 2012 13:59 GMT
#1110
In my heart...i have over 9000....in reality there are 2 extra zeros that shouldn't be there.
U MAD BRO?
Hyp3
Profile Joined June 2011
United States41 Posts
January 30 2012 14:31 GMT
#1111
excellent read! I'm glad someone bumped this, otherwise I wouldn't have read it!
Believe it
QNdie
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland210 Posts
January 30 2012 14:51 GMT
#1112
I noticed that the entire diamond league improved their sq to around master-gm level 6 months ago. I wonder if I could win vs. IdrA ~1 year ago. hmmm
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
January 30 2012 15:33 GMT
#1113
Nice post, lots of effort. That said, SQ unfortunately just isn't taking enough into account to be useful, which is why the curves look so weird, you have bronze games intersecting GM games, which is ridiculous since there's no way any bronze player would ever have even close to comparable macro to a GM player. Staying on too few workers actually improve SQ, while it is fatal doom to real macro, so one of the most basic aspects are missing.

It's sad because it would be really cool with an actual quantifiable way to rate your macro in a game.
Dalavita
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1113 Posts
January 30 2012 15:44 GMT
#1114
On January 31 2012 00:33 Tobberoth wrote:
Nice post, lots of effort. That said, SQ unfortunately just isn't taking enough into account to be useful, which is why the curves look so weird, you have bronze games intersecting GM games, which is ridiculous since there's no way any bronze player would ever have even close to comparable macro to a GM player. Staying on too few workers actually improve SQ, while it is fatal doom to real macro, so one of the most basic aspects are missing.

It's sad because it would be really cool with an actual quantifiable way to rate your macro in a game.


There is. You simply calculate your SQ and then check your workers made compared to game length to combine the two calculations.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-30 17:29:05
January 30 2012 17:22 GMT
#1115
On January 31 2012 00:44 Dalavita wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 00:33 Tobberoth wrote:
Nice post, lots of effort. That said, SQ unfortunately just isn't taking enough into account to be useful, which is why the curves look so weird, you have bronze games intersecting GM games, which is ridiculous since there's no way any bronze player would ever have even close to comparable macro to a GM player. Staying on too few workers actually improve SQ, while it is fatal doom to real macro, so one of the most basic aspects are missing.

It's sad because it would be really cool with an actual quantifiable way to rate your macro in a game.


There is. You simply calculate your SQ and then check your workers made compared to game length to combine the two calculations.

I don't really get how that is done though. Just completed a game against green tea ai, got 1,937 in Resource Collection Rate (which I assume is what is meant by average income) and 1,344 in average unspent. I don't get what 10^2 and 10^3 etc means on the charts in the OP. Anyways, I guess that in itself gives a pretty decent SQ of around 80 or so? Workers created was 98 and the game was 21 minutes long.

How do I tell if this is good? It felt like I was playing badly, but at the same time I feel like the numbers show a decent SQ. I never got supply blocked, but I didn't inject even close to as well as I usually do, it was definitely not diamond level macro.
Mr Showtime
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1353 Posts
January 30 2012 17:28 GMT
#1116
Wow, this is awesome!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 30 2012 17:38 GMT
#1117
On January 31 2012 02:22 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 00:44 Dalavita wrote:
On January 31 2012 00:33 Tobberoth wrote:
Nice post, lots of effort. That said, SQ unfortunately just isn't taking enough into account to be useful, which is why the curves look so weird, you have bronze games intersecting GM games, which is ridiculous since there's no way any bronze player would ever have even close to comparable macro to a GM player. Staying on too few workers actually improve SQ, while it is fatal doom to real macro, so one of the most basic aspects are missing.

It's sad because it would be really cool with an actual quantifiable way to rate your macro in a game.


There is. You simply calculate your SQ and then check your workers made compared to game length to combine the two calculations.

I don't really get how that is done though. Just completed a game against green tea ai, got 1,937 in Resource Collection Rate (which I assume is what is meant by average income) and 1,344 in average unspent. I don't get what 10^2 and 10^3 etc means on the charts in the OP. Anyways, I guess that in itself gives a pretty decent SQ of around 80 or so? Workers created was 98 and the game was 21 minutes long.

How do I tell if this is good? It felt like I was playing badly, but at the same time I feel like the numbers show a decent SQ. I never got supply blocked, but I didn't inject even close to as well as I usually do, it was definitely not diamond level macro.


I think you overestimate how good diamond-level macro is.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
January 30 2012 17:39 GMT
#1118
On January 31 2012 02:38 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 02:22 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 31 2012 00:44 Dalavita wrote:
On January 31 2012 00:33 Tobberoth wrote:
Nice post, lots of effort. That said, SQ unfortunately just isn't taking enough into account to be useful, which is why the curves look so weird, you have bronze games intersecting GM games, which is ridiculous since there's no way any bronze player would ever have even close to comparable macro to a GM player. Staying on too few workers actually improve SQ, while it is fatal doom to real macro, so one of the most basic aspects are missing.

It's sad because it would be really cool with an actual quantifiable way to rate your macro in a game.


There is. You simply calculate your SQ and then check your workers made compared to game length to combine the two calculations.

I don't really get how that is done though. Just completed a game against green tea ai, got 1,937 in Resource Collection Rate (which I assume is what is meant by average income) and 1,344 in average unspent. I don't get what 10^2 and 10^3 etc means on the charts in the OP. Anyways, I guess that in itself gives a pretty decent SQ of around 80 or so? Workers created was 98 and the game was 21 minutes long.

How do I tell if this is good? It felt like I was playing badly, but at the same time I feel like the numbers show a decent SQ. I never got supply blocked, but I didn't inject even close to as well as I usually do, it was definitely not diamond level macro.


I think you overestimate how good diamond-level macro is.

I'm in plat, so.. yeah.
hashaki
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway210 Posts
January 30 2012 17:50 GMT
#1119
On January 31 2012 02:22 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 00:44 Dalavita wrote:
On January 31 2012 00:33 Tobberoth wrote:
Nice post, lots of effort. That said, SQ unfortunately just isn't taking enough into account to be useful, which is why the curves look so weird, you have bronze games intersecting GM games, which is ridiculous since there's no way any bronze player would ever have even close to comparable macro to a GM player. Staying on too few workers actually improve SQ, while it is fatal doom to real macro, so one of the most basic aspects are missing.

It's sad because it would be really cool with an actual quantifiable way to rate your macro in a game.


There is. You simply calculate your SQ and then check your workers made compared to game length to combine the two calculations.

I don't really get how that is done though. Just completed a game against green tea ai, got 1,937 in Resource Collection Rate (which I assume is what is meant by average income) and 1,344 in average unspent. I don't get what 10^2 and 10^3 etc means on the charts in the OP. Anyways, I guess that in itself gives a pretty decent SQ of around 80 or so? Workers created was 98 and the game was 21 minutes long.

How do I tell if this is good? It felt like I was playing badly, but at the same time I feel like the numbers show a decent SQ. I never got supply blocked, but I didn't inject even close to as well as I usually do, it was definitely not diamond level macro.


10^2 = 10 x 10 = 100
10^3 = 10 x 10 x 10 = 1000

I would assume.
Life is like animal porn... It's not for everyone
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
January 30 2012 17:51 GMT
#1120
On January 31 2012 02:39 Tobberoth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2012 02:38 marvellosity wrote:
On January 31 2012 02:22 Tobberoth wrote:
On January 31 2012 00:44 Dalavita wrote:
On January 31 2012 00:33 Tobberoth wrote:
Nice post, lots of effort. That said, SQ unfortunately just isn't taking enough into account to be useful, which is why the curves look so weird, you have bronze games intersecting GM games, which is ridiculous since there's no way any bronze player would ever have even close to comparable macro to a GM player. Staying on too few workers actually improve SQ, while it is fatal doom to real macro, so one of the most basic aspects are missing.

It's sad because it would be really cool with an actual quantifiable way to rate your macro in a game.


There is. You simply calculate your SQ and then check your workers made compared to game length to combine the two calculations.

I don't really get how that is done though. Just completed a game against green tea ai, got 1,937 in Resource Collection Rate (which I assume is what is meant by average income) and 1,344 in average unspent. I don't get what 10^2 and 10^3 etc means on the charts in the OP. Anyways, I guess that in itself gives a pretty decent SQ of around 80 or so? Workers created was 98 and the game was 21 minutes long.

How do I tell if this is good? It felt like I was playing badly, but at the same time I feel like the numbers show a decent SQ. I never got supply blocked, but I didn't inject even close to as well as I usually do, it was definitely not diamond level macro.


I think you overestimate how good diamond-level macro is.

I'm in plat, so.. yeah.


And yes, 80.75, and looking at the OP you made a lot of workers. If you did that consistently on the ladder and you aren't winning most of your games, you have some fundamental flaws that aren't your macro.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 54 55 56 57 58 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft336
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft336
ViBE140
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1940
Artosis 589
Shuttle 541
910 35
Dota 2
monkeys_forever685
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox517
Other Games
summit1g8172
shahzam608
JimRising 579
C9.Mang0259
Maynarde129
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick911
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen114
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 31m
Stellar Fest
12h 31m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.