The purpose of this tool is to examine, optimize and share builds and to fiddle around with ideas before trying them out in game. The simulation can handle most things like energy, larva count, mineral/gas patch saturation, expansions, chronoboosting, mules, upgrades, larvaspawning from queens, scouting, extractor trick etc. It does not take travel distances into account however, so it usually represents the best case scenario.
How it works in a nutshell
- Actions such as building a probe, start mining gas or sending out a scout are added to a list. This is your build order.
- Simulator traverse the list in order, always executing next item in list as soon as possible.
- Build timings are visualized in a timeline categorized by type (workers, buildings, units etc).
- Set time to any point and you can see current resources and available actions.
- Drag and drop orders in list to find out optimal timings. (Drag and drop may not yet work in all browsers.)
- Click items to remove them. Hover over them to see more information.
- Save and share builds by copying the URL.
Some actions may need a bit more explanation
- To chronoboost, place one or several chronoboost BEFORE the unit/upgrade you want chronoboosted.
- Use the pause action to delay the next action from the point it otherwise would have started.
- Use Go out with workers to simulate scouting or worker transfer
- Use Hatchery in Base if you want another Hatchery without making another set of mineral and gas patches available.
- Extractor trick will build an extractor and then cancel it three seconds later. Use pause to time it correctly.
- Addon switching is handled automatically. For example if you build a banshee and you have a tech lab it assumes you have switched them even if you built the techlab on your barracks. If you want to simulate hovering around with buildings, use pause.
Thankful for any feedback, bug reports or ideas how to improve this tool. One idea is to make it export to Yabot, but I'm not familiar with its format or if people still use it. If there are interest I will definitely try implement such requests.
You can find the build planner here
Some example builds (originally grabbed from liquipedia)
1 Rax Fast expand
4 Warpgate Push
14 Pool, 15 Hatchery