• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:29
CEST 05:29
KST 12:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8116 users

An NASL Retrospective With EG.iNcontroL - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 37 Next All
Derez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands6068 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 11:55:25
July 16 2011 11:52 GMT
#621
On July 16 2011 11:02 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 10:58 Regulate140 wrote:
It's silly to call out casters for trying to make money off of SC2, it seems extremely hypocritical coming out of Incontrol out of all people. The only reason an EG sc2 division even exists is because of the money making potential in the sc2 scene.

I mean what about http://www.gosuguide.com/? Only $99.99 ! You can't criticize others when you're trying to milk as much money out of the sc2 scene yourself.

Besides that, appreciate the read and info on NASL.


Oh my god... a FULL 100$ for an SC2 GUIDE?!?!?

Wow, now your interview looks thrice as ridiculous.


That's absolutely hilarious. It's like one of those websites where you can buy 'foolproof methods of picking up women' or 'how to make money browsing the internet'. Even the format and the testimonials are the same (and awesome to read), and they're all pretty much scams.

I wonder if the people that paid for their 'lifetime subscription' have received any updates over the last couple of months. Maybe Jake from Atlanta has made it to teamliquid by now and cares to share his opinion?
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17884 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 12:44:08
July 16 2011 12:42 GMT
#622
On July 16 2011 20:52 Derez wrote:
That's absolutely hilarious. It's like one of those websites where you can buy 'foolproof methods of picking up women' or 'how to make money browsing the internet'. Even the format and the testimonials are the same (and awesome to read), and they're all pretty much scams.

I wonder if the people that paid for their 'lifetime subscription' have received any updates over the last couple of months. Maybe Jake from Atlanta has made it to teamliquid by now and cares to share his opinion?


may be this is the source of Mr. Robinson's disrespect for people whose motives are purely "making money" ? but these people are frauds. that is not what gives money its value. what gives money its value is productive effort.

in real life chances are Geoff Robinson would be the type of guy who is friendly and somewhat of a corporate politician. basically he'd be seen as a "bit of a bullshitter". There's tonnes of these types of guys every where. On several occasions its been shown Mr. Robinson has committed several small acts of what i'd call "petty fraud". Is he the next Richard Nixon? Should we rename the whole GosuGuide.com debacle as GosuGuide-GATE. Nah, that's going overboard. A few dumb people probably got ripped off a few bucks.

the problem is when you are put in a position as a spokesperson for an organization this "bit of a bullshitter" character flaw gets magnified 1000X over. watching Geoff try to back-tracking out of these brush-fires that erupt on TL.Net does make for entertaining theatre. But, I think people are being a bit rough on the guy.

Watching these brush fires on TL.Net i can see why Blizzard NEVER-EVER issues release dates for their projects. Geoff and the other 20-something year old "eSports elite" around here could learn a thing or two from how the old men at Blizzard run their company.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
sephius
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom200 Posts
July 16 2011 12:42 GMT
#623
This is how I view TL posters regarding Geoff

fishinguy
Profile Joined November 2010
Russian Federation798 Posts
July 16 2011 13:15 GMT
#624
If Inc had just apologized for his comments and said something along the lines of, "Its tough doing a interview and that statement was a mistake on my part", we would have skipped all of this nonsense and focused on other parts of the interview.

At the moment I feel Inc is still trying to defend this statement with his follow up posts on the forum, which is why this whole thing is being blown out of proportion.
Xariann
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Italy54 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 13:28:16
July 16 2011 13:25 GMT
#625
Many have talked about the TB comment, and I guess one more comment about that won't change the world.

But there is another point that I think it's not been seen. While I totally believe that many people in eSports do the stuff they do because they have a passion for it (do you think I earned anything by interviewing Day[9]? No, nobody paid me), there is also another thing.

You live somewhere, yes? You eat? You have bills, yes? You have expenses. If you spend most of your time producing eSports content and you do it so well... why should you not have a return for it?

I am sure all of the pro players, including iNcontroL, don't get paid a dime for playing, they don't have contracts, they don't get sponsored, they just live on air and they don't eat. And I am sure I didn't just see a 100,000 USD prize pool go out to 16 of the best pro-gamers in the world.

While it is absolutely brilliant that many passionate people get involved in eSports because they love it, do not forget that to exist in this world you do need to earn something. I don't think that people who do earn from eSports should be looked down upon, especially if they sweat out their involvement and produce content worth its money.

It's a matter of exchange. You give something to the community, and if it's good content, it's only right to get something back for it.
"Roach + Immortal are pretty good against Stalkers" EG.IdrA, MLG Columbus 2011
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
July 16 2011 13:36 GMT
#626
On July 16 2011 11:37 TedJustice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 11:32 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:27 iNcontroL wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:21 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:00 iNcontroL wrote:
I merely said he came to SC2 to make money. I then said I respected that less than someone who is hired blindly.

well TB's post clearly points out that he had no intention of making money from doing sc2(his evidence is pretty clear), and just does it cuz he wants to get involved with something he didn't have a chance to when he was a younger lad. people are educating you on the fact, albeit a little harshly, but i think people just want you to man up and just admit that you were incorrect in saying so and that you were misinformed. anyhow i know it's hard for you to publicly criticize the NASL, but stay classy incontroll. unless i'm mistaken, sporrer will try and continue to do this so she can capitalize on the opportunity of fame and fortune off a game she doesn't care about. saying that you have less respect for TB than a girl who got hired for her looks is really a low blow to TB, i hope you can see that.


I can't help you if you refuse to correctly interpret my posts...

"educating me" on the opinion I have? wtf... someone can say I am not that great of a player and I can go "what? I won X and took X place in X event" and they can STILL have that opinion, you realize this right? So please, spare me the "educate" bullshit. You guys overreacted and jumped the gun on a really insignificant thing... read the fucking interview and TRY to find me saying the things about TB you guys think I said. I didn't. And when asked, I explained what I meant AND STILL didn't say anything bad about him lol

PS: People saying I "came to SC2 for the money" are the cream of the crop in terms of stupid. I didn't play bw for 12 years so I can roll in the riches of my EG salary in SC2 and coach for an hourly rate.. lol

so what has he done so you formed the opinion that he came into it for the money?

Why is his opinion about a random caster important? He could hate his guts, and I still don't see why any of us should care.

This is starcraft, not a reality show. There's nothing for anyone to gain by analyzing people's relationships. Sure there's nothing stopping you from discussing it, but at the very least, I don't see how it has anything to do with Starcraft 2 or how this kind of discussion would belong in the SC2 General forum.

It's called slander. This is not the first time iNcontroL was critical of TotalBiscuit and as a SotG listener I've noticed that he does this a lot, not only to TB. Actually SotG frequently spreads gossip without quoting people or backing it up. So hand in hand with iNcontroL's style "I like him/her, but...." slandering someone more than once should be of concern to the community.

There is a reason for double jeopardy in law. Once you prove you're innocent you have to be protected from the identical accusations. TB shouldn't be forced to defend himself over and over, especially when it comes to slander.
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
SMD
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada627 Posts
July 16 2011 13:41 GMT
#627
On July 16 2011 22:36 Zax19 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 11:37 TedJustice wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:32 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:27 iNcontroL wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:21 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:00 iNcontroL wrote:
I merely said he came to SC2 to make money. I then said I respected that less than someone who is hired blindly.

well TB's post clearly points out that he had no intention of making money from doing sc2(his evidence is pretty clear), and just does it cuz he wants to get involved with something he didn't have a chance to when he was a younger lad. people are educating you on the fact, albeit a little harshly, but i think people just want you to man up and just admit that you were incorrect in saying so and that you were misinformed. anyhow i know it's hard for you to publicly criticize the NASL, but stay classy incontroll. unless i'm mistaken, sporrer will try and continue to do this so she can capitalize on the opportunity of fame and fortune off a game she doesn't care about. saying that you have less respect for TB than a girl who got hired for her looks is really a low blow to TB, i hope you can see that.


I can't help you if you refuse to correctly interpret my posts...

"educating me" on the opinion I have? wtf... someone can say I am not that great of a player and I can go "what? I won X and took X place in X event" and they can STILL have that opinion, you realize this right? So please, spare me the "educate" bullshit. You guys overreacted and jumped the gun on a really insignificant thing... read the fucking interview and TRY to find me saying the things about TB you guys think I said. I didn't. And when asked, I explained what I meant AND STILL didn't say anything bad about him lol

PS: People saying I "came to SC2 for the money" are the cream of the crop in terms of stupid. I didn't play bw for 12 years so I can roll in the riches of my EG salary in SC2 and coach for an hourly rate.. lol

so what has he done so you formed the opinion that he came into it for the money?

Why is his opinion about a random caster important? He could hate his guts, and I still don't see why any of us should care.

This is starcraft, not a reality show. There's nothing for anyone to gain by analyzing people's relationships. Sure there's nothing stopping you from discussing it, but at the very least, I don't see how it has anything to do with Starcraft 2 or how this kind of discussion would belong in the SC2 General forum.

It's called slander. This is not the first time iNcontroL was critical of TotalBiscuit and as a SotG listener I've noticed that he does this a lot, not only to TB. Actually SotG frequently spreads gossip without quoting people or backing it up. So hand in hand with iNcontroL's style "I like him/her, but...." slandering someone more than once should be of concern to the community.

There is a reason for double jeopardy in law. Once you prove you're innocent you have to be protected from the identical accusations. TB shouldn't be forced to defend himself over and over, especially when it comes to slander.


Im pretty sure iNc taking offense to TotalBiscuit is not slander, its his opinion.
You can argue either side, while TB doesn't make tonnes off sc2, he does make sme, so in some respect iNc is right, and the truth is a defense.

as for your gossip, do you ever watch tv? talk shows/sports shows, SOTG is like that for starcraft, if they say something completely wrong someone will fix it, but their usually pretty good about it, throwing around the law and slander and shit like that is just being incredibly stupid and is taking this whole thing way to far
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 13:46:30
July 16 2011 13:44 GMT
#628
On July 16 2011 22:41 SMD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 22:36 Zax19 wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:37 TedJustice wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:32 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:27 iNcontroL wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:21 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:00 iNcontroL wrote:
I merely said he came to SC2 to make money. I then said I respected that less than someone who is hired blindly.

well TB's post clearly points out that he had no intention of making money from doing sc2(his evidence is pretty clear), and just does it cuz he wants to get involved with something he didn't have a chance to when he was a younger lad. people are educating you on the fact, albeit a little harshly, but i think people just want you to man up and just admit that you were incorrect in saying so and that you were misinformed. anyhow i know it's hard for you to publicly criticize the NASL, but stay classy incontroll. unless i'm mistaken, sporrer will try and continue to do this so she can capitalize on the opportunity of fame and fortune off a game she doesn't care about. saying that you have less respect for TB than a girl who got hired for her looks is really a low blow to TB, i hope you can see that.


I can't help you if you refuse to correctly interpret my posts...

"educating me" on the opinion I have? wtf... someone can say I am not that great of a player and I can go "what? I won X and took X place in X event" and they can STILL have that opinion, you realize this right? So please, spare me the "educate" bullshit. You guys overreacted and jumped the gun on a really insignificant thing... read the fucking interview and TRY to find me saying the things about TB you guys think I said. I didn't. And when asked, I explained what I meant AND STILL didn't say anything bad about him lol

PS: People saying I "came to SC2 for the money" are the cream of the crop in terms of stupid. I didn't play bw for 12 years so I can roll in the riches of my EG salary in SC2 and coach for an hourly rate.. lol

so what has he done so you formed the opinion that he came into it for the money?

Why is his opinion about a random caster important? He could hate his guts, and I still don't see why any of us should care.

This is starcraft, not a reality show. There's nothing for anyone to gain by analyzing people's relationships. Sure there's nothing stopping you from discussing it, but at the very least, I don't see how it has anything to do with Starcraft 2 or how this kind of discussion would belong in the SC2 General forum.

It's called slander. This is not the first time iNcontroL was critical of TotalBiscuit and as a SotG listener I've noticed that he does this a lot, not only to TB. Actually SotG frequently spreads gossip without quoting people or backing it up. So hand in hand with iNcontroL's style "I like him/her, but...." slandering someone more than once should be of concern to the community.

There is a reason for double jeopardy in law. Once you prove you're innocent you have to be protected from the identical accusations. TB shouldn't be forced to defend himself over and over, especially when it comes to slander.


Im pretty sure iNc taking offense to TotalBiscuit is not slander, its his opinion.
You can argue either side, while TB doesn't make tonnes off sc2, he does make sme, so in some respect iNc is right, and the truth is a defense.

as for your gossip, do you ever watch tv? talk shows/sports shows, SOTG is like that for starcraft, if they say something completely wrong someone will fix it, but their usually pretty good about it, throwing around the law and slander and shit like that is just being incredibly stupid and is taking this whole thing way to far

In no respect is Incontrol right. He said Totalbiscuit CAME HERE just to make money when that is simply untrue. Using his time like he has in the Starcraft scene has lost him money when his other series are much more popular and he began before he was even a partner, or could make money off SC2. It wasn't slander really, it was untrue but it wasn't malicious. It was simply stupid.
Fleebenworth
Profile Joined April 2011
463 Posts
July 16 2011 13:48 GMT
#629
Classic incontrol....the guy is just completely fake.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
July 16 2011 13:53 GMT
#630
On July 16 2011 22:36 Zax19 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 11:37 TedJustice wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:32 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:27 iNcontroL wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:21 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:00 iNcontroL wrote:
I merely said he came to SC2 to make money. I then said I respected that less than someone who is hired blindly.

well TB's post clearly points out that he had no intention of making money from doing sc2(his evidence is pretty clear), and just does it cuz he wants to get involved with something he didn't have a chance to when he was a younger lad. people are educating you on the fact, albeit a little harshly, but i think people just want you to man up and just admit that you were incorrect in saying so and that you were misinformed. anyhow i know it's hard for you to publicly criticize the NASL, but stay classy incontroll. unless i'm mistaken, sporrer will try and continue to do this so she can capitalize on the opportunity of fame and fortune off a game she doesn't care about. saying that you have less respect for TB than a girl who got hired for her looks is really a low blow to TB, i hope you can see that.


I can't help you if you refuse to correctly interpret my posts...

"educating me" on the opinion I have? wtf... someone can say I am not that great of a player and I can go "what? I won X and took X place in X event" and they can STILL have that opinion, you realize this right? So please, spare me the "educate" bullshit. You guys overreacted and jumped the gun on a really insignificant thing... read the fucking interview and TRY to find me saying the things about TB you guys think I said. I didn't. And when asked, I explained what I meant AND STILL didn't say anything bad about him lol

PS: People saying I "came to SC2 for the money" are the cream of the crop in terms of stupid. I didn't play bw for 12 years so I can roll in the riches of my EG salary in SC2 and coach for an hourly rate.. lol

so what has he done so you formed the opinion that he came into it for the money?

Why is his opinion about a random caster important? He could hate his guts, and I still don't see why any of us should care.

This is starcraft, not a reality show. There's nothing for anyone to gain by analyzing people's relationships. Sure there's nothing stopping you from discussing it, but at the very least, I don't see how it has anything to do with Starcraft 2 or how this kind of discussion would belong in the SC2 General forum.

It's called slander.

That's going a bit far. I don't agree with iNcontrol's decision to make negative comments about TB in his interview, but you're either blowing this way out of proportion or you're whipping out vocabulary you're not entirely familiar with. Slander is spoken defamation - iNcontrol hasn't said anything defamatory about TB. At worst he's called his motivation for being involved in the community into question.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 14:05:23
July 16 2011 13:57 GMT
#631
I'm talking about the law aspect of it because there is no end to this TB - iNcontroL argument. I could say "I accuse you that you cut down trees illegally" and once this is proved/disproved this argument should end. If I'm proved wrong I can't continue with the accusations.
iNcotroL is fuelling it by accusing TB on different occasions and now saying he didn't accuse him which is neither fair nor polite, regardless the vague nature of the accusation.

PS:
On July 16 2011 11:00 iNcontroL wrote:
I merely said he came to SC2 to make money. I then said I respected that less than someone who is hired blindly.

Considering all the gossip in SC2 slander/libel is a strong word, Olinim says it pretty well. It's a stupid and unjust thing to say.
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
July 16 2011 14:00 GMT
#632
On July 16 2011 22:53 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 22:36 Zax19 wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:37 TedJustice wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:32 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:27 iNcontroL wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:21 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:00 iNcontroL wrote:
I merely said he came to SC2 to make money. I then said I respected that less than someone who is hired blindly.

well TB's post clearly points out that he had no intention of making money from doing sc2(his evidence is pretty clear), and just does it cuz he wants to get involved with something he didn't have a chance to when he was a younger lad. people are educating you on the fact, albeit a little harshly, but i think people just want you to man up and just admit that you were incorrect in saying so and that you were misinformed. anyhow i know it's hard for you to publicly criticize the NASL, but stay classy incontroll. unless i'm mistaken, sporrer will try and continue to do this so she can capitalize on the opportunity of fame and fortune off a game she doesn't care about. saying that you have less respect for TB than a girl who got hired for her looks is really a low blow to TB, i hope you can see that.


I can't help you if you refuse to correctly interpret my posts...

"educating me" on the opinion I have? wtf... someone can say I am not that great of a player and I can go "what? I won X and took X place in X event" and they can STILL have that opinion, you realize this right? So please, spare me the "educate" bullshit. You guys overreacted and jumped the gun on a really insignificant thing... read the fucking interview and TRY to find me saying the things about TB you guys think I said. I didn't. And when asked, I explained what I meant AND STILL didn't say anything bad about him lol

PS: People saying I "came to SC2 for the money" are the cream of the crop in terms of stupid. I didn't play bw for 12 years so I can roll in the riches of my EG salary in SC2 and coach for an hourly rate.. lol

so what has he done so you formed the opinion that he came into it for the money?

Why is his opinion about a random caster important? He could hate his guts, and I still don't see why any of us should care.

This is starcraft, not a reality show. There's nothing for anyone to gain by analyzing people's relationships. Sure there's nothing stopping you from discussing it, but at the very least, I don't see how it has anything to do with Starcraft 2 or how this kind of discussion would belong in the SC2 General forum.

It's called slander.

That's going a bit far. I don't agree with iNcontrol's decision to make negative comments about TB in his interview, but you're either blowing this way out of proportion or you're whipping out vocabulary you're not entirely familiar with. Slander is spoken defamation - iNcontrol hasn't said anything defamatory about TB. At worst he's called his motivation for being involved in the community into question.


which is defamation of character, because it makes totalbiscuit look bad, which affects his job. casters make their living off of their popularity, if people believe that TB is all about the money that hurts him for realz yo. its alright calling him out and saying i dont like him, or hes a bit of a cunt or whatever. if you are a random guy its probably even ok to go and say whatever because noone cares what you think. the problem is when you are the face of major organisations, whether its EG or NASL and the sponsors that back them, you cant just call out other people with stuff that isnt even true. its not professional.

for me at least, it wouldn't even be so bad, if incontroll wasnt the kind of guy that gets a hardon for slamming people for their choice of words. but he is, and yet he chooses his own so poorly sometimes. makes for good drama though.
The KY
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom6252 Posts
July 16 2011 14:20 GMT
#633
On July 15 2011 23:12 ImHuko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 23:07 -_- wrote:
On July 15 2011 23:02 chokke wrote:
On July 15 2011 22:45 -_- wrote:
Just for everyone's information, Totalbiscuit has explicitly -- himself -- characterized his relationship to Starcraft 2 in terms of his viewers. That is, if too few people watch his Starcraft 2 content, he will not produce it. So, Incontrol's statement about him is absolutely, positively correct.

If TB fans have a problem with that, insult TB, not Inc.

You seriously think that if Incontrol had like 20-50 viewers when he streamed, he would continue streaming in the same manner? Now, 20-50 is obviously a unnatural low number, but the point is that if IC had few viewers, he would also stop streaming. So would everyone else, so excplicity point out TB for being the badguy here is low.



Let's say Starcraft 2 dies. Inc gets kicked of EG. Tournament prizes drop to a couple of hundred bucks. Is Inc still posting on TL.net? Yup. Is he still streaming? Yup. Even if it's just him and 10 friends. And you don't know much about Starcraft fans if you think any different.

He would be gone, his drive for money have shadowed his love for the game. He only cares about money now. People like Day9, Tasteless, Artosis would stick around. Incontrol would be out the door the first opportunity he has. He isn't quitting NASL to become a better player, he is quitting NASL because he knows streaming and coaching will make him more money than NASL can. Specially after the failure of NASL in season, there will be even less money for NASL in season 2.

In fact, Incontrol was VERY LATE to the whole streaming thing. He saw that Idra was actually making a lot of money off JTV, so he started as well. He only cares about money.


What a load of total bollocks. A completely over the top accusation backed up by, what? 'Inc quit NASL'? Don't talk shit about the motivations of people you don't know.

(Yes, I realise that's exactly what Inc has done in this interview, and he has gotten the reaction it deserved)
skrzmark
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1528 Posts
July 16 2011 14:28 GMT
#634
On July 16 2011 11:27 iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2011 11:21 Malgrif wrote:
On July 16 2011 11:00 iNcontroL wrote:
I merely said he came to SC2 to make money. I then said I respected that less than someone who is hired blindly.

well TB's post clearly points out that he had no intention of making money from doing sc2(his evidence is pretty clear), and just does it cuz he wants to get involved with something he didn't have a chance to when he was a younger lad. people are educating you on the fact, albeit a little harshly, but i think people just want you to man up and just admit that you were incorrect in saying so and that you were misinformed. anyhow i know it's hard for you to publicly criticize the NASL, but stay classy incontroll. unless i'm mistaken, sporrer will try and continue to do this so she can capitalize on the opportunity of fame and fortune off a game she doesn't care about. saying that you have less respect for TB than a girl who got hired for her looks is really a low blow to TB, i hope you can see that.


I can't help you if you refuse to correctly interpret my posts...

"educating me" on the opinion I have? wtf... someone can say I am not that great of a player and I can go "what? I won X and took X place in X event" and they can STILL have that opinion, you realize this right? So please, spare me the "educate" bullshit. You guys overreacted and jumped the gun on a really insignificant thing... read the fucking interview and TRY to find me saying the things about TB you guys think I said. I didn't. And when asked, I explained what I meant AND STILL didn't say anything bad about him lol

PS: People saying I "came to SC2 for the money" are the cream of the crop in terms of stupid. I didn't play bw for 12 years so I can roll in the riches of my EG salary in SC2 and coach for an hourly rate.. lol


That's because money was hard to make off of broodwar... I'm sure you came to SC2 with the chance of making money off of it... Its a new game compared to BW so it doesn't matter if you have BW experience or not.
We got them GOM TvT's and them mlGG's
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
July 16 2011 14:41 GMT
#635
I honestly think anyone who thinks anyone got into the SC2 scene for the money is in need of an emergency proctological craniectomy.

+ Show Spoiler +
That's fancy-talk for "get your head out of your ass."


Very, very few people are making a lot of money off of SC2. I doubt that anyone involved in casting or playing this game is making more than they could in a mainstream career, and I know for certain they're working harder for what they earn.

The one exception is Sundance, who is openly involved in the scene as a business investment. I can't think of anyone else whose role in the scene is motivated primarily by profit motive.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Saicam
Profile Joined July 2011
262 Posts
July 16 2011 14:48 GMT
#636
NASL finals were great, but im glad incontrol is finally gone
Maliris
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Northern Ireland2557 Posts
July 16 2011 14:48 GMT
#637
On July 16 2011 10:15 fadestep wrote:
Incontrol if you want people to stop making huge deals out of you saying dumb shit, then stop saying dumb shit all the time.

If you want people to stop trolling you on TL, stop trolling people all the time.

If you want to be part of respectful and mature conversations, do something to differentiate your posts from that of a 13 year old troll who's never been out of Gold League. Seriously, if you didn't have a Blue Star + Season 7 Liquibet Trophy next to your name I would look at your caps lock, ellipse ridden, bullshit filled posts and skip to the next one.

You are a good player. You are a good speaker. You are an intelligent person. You also behave with a level of immaturity and trololol that is completely not acceptable for somebody who wants to be taken as seriously as you seem to want to be taken.

If you want to talk shit about people, troll, and get involved in forum arguments while looking like a douche then fucking do it. But don't turn around and bitch about how everybody is always so stupid and you can barely stand the idiots slamming you.

Trust me Geoff, if it weren't for the idiots you wouldn't have many fans left. People with brains have been hopping off the bandwagon since Brood War.

~ Used to be a fan

QFT, except for the part about being intelligent and a good player
"Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines."
TheAlchemist89
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
160 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 14:59:39
July 16 2011 14:57 GMT
#638
For everyone thinking that folks involved with SC2 are doing it for the money... please read DJWheat's blog post "Life as a caster" (Click Here). He does a good job summing up how hard it is to do this stuff and still manage to live.

Making money on SC2 is not a bad thing...for all of these guys/gals to put high quality content out there, and to play the highest level games... they need to be financially sound or else they will not be able to spend the majority of their time advancing the eSports scene.

InControl's comments seemed less against TotalBiscuit and more in support of a pageant -girl who is looking to add a little flair to the SC2 community. I don't think it's a secret that InControl doesn't like TB (this is my personal opinion based on what he's said on SotG and other various comments.. I could be totally wrong!), but again I think he's sympathizing with Lindsey who is in a very similar situation to his girlfriend Anna when she started. He could have chosen his words a lot better, and I think the namedrop of TotalBiscuit was a low blow and once that was completely unnecessary.... but I digress.

The conspiracy posts claiming that InControl is "in it for the money" and has quit all shows/media to increase his revenue... are quite sad to hear. InControl has always been vocal that he wants to "win" some large events. He wants to showcase his skills at the highest levels.... with the new EG house.... this is exactly his time to do exactly what he's been saying. While I wish EG members would spend less time putting negative light on other members of the eSports community and more time highlighting their amazing talent.....I really think this interview was interpreted in a far more negative light than InControl had intended.

I definitely hope InControl and TotalBiscuit BOTH make enough money to go 100% into SC2.... they both bring great aspects to the scene, and regardless if they like eachother... they are both enhancing eSports.

PS: TotalBiscuit! That picture you sent Day9 for his graduation was totally amazing lol. Much love to you for what you do in the scene.... I find you often go under appreciated for your work.

PPS: Ditto to InControl! You will be at the next MLG yes? If so good luck, can't wait to see your matches.
Carnagath
Profile Joined July 2010
230 Posts
July 16 2011 15:02 GMT
#639
Both TB and Incontrol annoy me, honestly.

Boo-bloody-hoo, poor TB, so unfairly trashed by iNc, when he has said so much about both iNc and Idra in the recent past, even going so far as to create whole Reddit threads about what terrible shitty casters they both are. Well, what did you expect, of course iNc is going to take jabs at him every chance he gets. TB, for such a recent addition to the SC community, certainly wasted no time in attempting to enthrone himself as an almighty drama king and flame veterans all over. He really should stfu and produce more content, he is in no position yet to speak against anyone.

As for iNc, he is a clever guy, he explores every opportunity that he can in order to live off E-Sports, and that's fine, that's the dream, but Sporrer (which was obviously suggested by him, directly or indirectly, even though he doesn't admit it, but he's not fooling anyone) was the final straw, I'm tired of seeing his girlfriend, his gilfriend's friends and his general social circle being pushed into anything he dabbles in. There are many talented, enthusiastic, knowledgeable people in the scene that never get a chance to show their stuff because every position of wide broadcast has been capped by the iNc brigade. Enough is enough. I'm glad to see him practicing full time again, because that means less of his fellowship on air. He is so sly and mercilessly efficient with his connections that it ends up, in my opinion, hurting the scene. At least Anna cares enough to at least attempt to educate herself on the subject, which is commendable, but still sigh-worthy. Sporrer though? Just no. Go away.
"If you can chill, chill". -Tyler
TheAlchemist89
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
160 Posts
July 16 2011 15:08 GMT
#640
On July 17 2011 00:02 Carnagath wrote:

Boo-bloody-hoo, poor TB, so unfairly trashed by iNc, when he has said so much about both iNc and Idra in the recent past, even going so far as to create whole Reddit threads about what terrible shitty casters they both are. Well, what did you expect, of course iNc is going to take jabs at him every chance he gets. TB, for such a recent addition to the SC community, certainly wasted no time in attempting to enthrone himself as an almighty drama king and flame veterans all over. He really should stfu and produce more content, he is in no position yet to speak against anyone.


That is true, its been a two way street. Good point.

On July 17 2011 00:02 Carnagath wrote:

As for iNc, he is a clever guy, he explores every opportunity that he can in order to live off E-Sports, and that's fine, that's the dream, but Sporrer (which was obviously suggested by him, directly or indirectly, even though he doesn't admit it, but he's not fooling anyone) was the final straw, I'm tired of seeing his girlfriend, his gilfriend's friends and his general social circle being pushed into anything he dabbles in. There are many talented, enthusiastic, knowledgeable people in the scene that never get a chance to show their stuff because every position of wide broadcast has been capped by the iNc brigade. Enough is enough. I'm glad to see him practicing full time again, because that means less of his fellowship on air. He is so sly and mercilessly efficient with his connections that it ends up, in my opinion, hurting the scene. At least Anna cares enough to at least attempt to educate herself on the subject, which is commendable, but still sigh-worthy. Sporrer though? Just no. Go away.


I'm not a big fan of "pretty faces" being put into the scene just to make it mainstream as well. But.... things like this are actually quite likely to help the scene grow. I'm with you though... I'm more interested in the high end commentary (Ala tasteosis), but I can definitely see that not everyone will want commentary that is this deep as the scene grows. I also would like to see people get involved with the scene based on their merit.... but sadly this isn't how the world works. It's often who you know. Let's just see what comes of it I suppose.
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 207
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2244
Shuttle 1340
Bale 56
Dewaltoss 42
NaDa 31
Noble 28
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 687
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox692
Mew2King94
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor897
Other Games
summit1g8819
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft319
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV256
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP153
• Hupsaiya 132
• davetesta20
• Letter145
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo747
Other Games
• Scarra696
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 31m
OSC
18h 31m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.