• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:59
CEST 11:59
KST 18:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8232 users

Blizzard warns HuK/TLO for account sharing - Page 54

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 Next
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
June 30 2011 08:20 GMT
#1061
The first thing that came to my mind was...

WTF this would have never been a problem if there was the possibility of free name change. Because Blizz wasn't worried about the sharing "in general" but about the "we show the sharing on stream for thousands of viewers". Nobody would have even had a clue if it was "LiquidHuK" playing all along...
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
3772
Profile Joined May 2010
Czech Republic434 Posts
June 30 2011 08:59 GMT
#1062
Hahaha, nice one Blizzard. I don't understand what the fuck is Blizz's problem. Both the accounts have been paid for, and the owners should be free to do whatever they want to with them.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 09:05:49
June 30 2011 09:05 GMT
#1063
On June 30 2011 17:59 3772 wrote:
Hahaha, nice one Blizzard. I don't understand what the fuck is Blizz's problem. Both the accounts have been paid for, and the owners should be free to do whatever they want to with them.

Not true, you accepted the terms of yawnyawnyawn and therefore you can be punished if you don't respect them. But Blizzard is not to blame here, they "allow" shared accounts. But they don't like it when you show 10 000 people that you are breaking the rules.
I had a good night of sleep.
enecateReAP
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom378 Posts
June 30 2011 09:08 GMT
#1064
Nada and one of his teammates shared an account for the NASL qualifiers, did they warn them?
I doubt it.
"Stargate units imba" - oGsMC
Tula
Profile Joined December 2010
Austria1544 Posts
June 30 2011 09:09 GMT
#1065
On June 29 2011 15:32 MaxiTB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2011 06:57 Spacedude wrote:
But I don't actually think the TOS is valid in Denmark because I don't actually sign the TOS when I buy the game. I don't think it should be, anyway. It's just wrong.


This is actually true for most European countries. The contract details had to be known in full before payment or it is invalid. That's the reason why in Austria/Germany EULAs and similar stuff is a one click ignore thing. It's a customer protection mechanism against fraud and it's good that way.


No. Just no!
Please we discussed the legal terms at length earlier in this thread, do not start to spread those missleading half-truths again. You are wrong.

The reason why most people regard EULAs as a "one-click-ignore" thing, is because they can't be bothered to read them and most of what is written in them is common sense anyway. The specific clause they are being warned about is common sense and standard fare for such agreements, meaning you should expect a similar clause to be part of the EULA/TOS even BEFORE you buy the game.

If you want to argue this point some more please read : http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=236979&currentpage=29#575 first.
Proxyles
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden27 Posts
June 30 2011 09:12 GMT
#1066
Does not the GSTL games play between accounts named as the teams name?

So all that participate in the GSTL account share in televised matches?

Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
June 30 2011 09:14 GMT
#1067
On June 30 2011 18:12 Proxyles wrote:
Does not the GSTL games play between accounts named as the teams name?
So all that participate in the GSTL account share in televised matches?

Tournaments get clearance from Blizzard to do this. I think it is probably all mentioned in the contract which allows tournaments to use Starcraft II.
I had a good night of sleep.
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
June 30 2011 09:17 GMT
#1068
On June 30 2011 18:09 Tula wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 15:32 MaxiTB wrote:
On June 27 2011 06:57 Spacedude wrote:
But I don't actually think the TOS is valid in Denmark because I don't actually sign the TOS when I buy the game. I don't think it should be, anyway. It's just wrong.


This is actually true for most European countries. The contract details had to be known in full before payment or it is invalid. That's the reason why in Austria/Germany EULAs and similar stuff is a one click ignore thing. It's a customer protection mechanism against fraud and it's good that way.


No. Just no!
Please we discussed the legal terms at length earlier in this thread, do not start to spread those missleading half-truths again. You are wrong.

The reason why most people regard EULAs as a "one-click-ignore" thing, is because they can't be bothered to read them and most of what is written in them is common sense anyway. The specific clause they are being warned about is common sense and standard fare for such agreements, meaning you should expect a similar clause to be part of the EULA/TOS even BEFORE you buy the game.

If you want to argue this point some more please read : http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=236979&currentpage=29#575 first.


I also studied Law in Austria and actually I disagree with most of what you've said.....I don't know much about this kind of things, but you do, in fact, have to know about the EULA before you conclude the contract. Then again, I guess it says so somewhere on the box/etc.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
June 30 2011 09:40 GMT
#1069
On June 30 2011 18:17 sleepingdog wrote:
I also studied Law in Austria and actually I disagree with most of what you've said.....I don't know much about this kind of things, but you do, in fact, have to know about the EULA before you conclude the contract. Then again, I guess it says so somewhere on the box/etc.


I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I'm pretty sure the EC position on these agreements is to allow them and to consider them binding as long as there's a right to get a full refund after reading the agreement but before using the software.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
SxYSpAz
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1451 Posts
June 30 2011 09:47 GMT
#1070
apparently, it says in the op that this isn't supposed to be another blizzard hate thread, and i generally like blizzard, and no lan and shit like that is just whatever, but fuck them up their asses to try and nazi these players like that.

Honestly, i'm sure that there's some reason they do this i haven't thought of, but any reason to geta angry at the players for this is fucking stupid ,,I,, blizz. stfu
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
June 30 2011 09:53 GMT
#1071
On June 30 2011 18:40 Lysenko wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2011 18:17 sleepingdog wrote:
I also studied Law in Austria and actually I disagree with most of what you've said.....I don't know much about this kind of things, but you do, in fact, have to know about the EULA before you conclude the contract. Then again, I guess it says so somewhere on the box/etc.


I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I'm pretty sure the EC position on these agreements is to allow them and to consider them binding as long as there's a right to get a full refund after reading the agreement but before using the software.


I have to say here, I'm not a "lawyer" but a "legal scholar" at the university...which means, I don't really care as much about how things are handled, but about the underlying dogmatics. Meaning, if this is indeed lawful, regardless of what others might or might not think.

Here, we have to distinguish between the content of the EULA and the question if the contract even contains the EULA. Meaning, say I'm selling you my car and when you take place you find 200 pages of additional agreements on the driver's seat that stipulate all kinds of stuff. Obviously you can lit these 200 papers on fire, we never agreed on any of that. Regradless if the actual content of the 200 papers made sense or not.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
June 30 2011 09:57 GMT
#1072
i think pros should be allowed to share accounts because they basicly market the game for blizzard
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
June 30 2011 10:05 GMT
#1073
On June 30 2011 18:09 Tula wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 15:32 MaxiTB wrote:
On June 27 2011 06:57 Spacedude wrote:
But I don't actually think the TOS is valid in Denmark because I don't actually sign the TOS when I buy the game. I don't think it should be, anyway. It's just wrong.


This is actually true for most European countries. The contract details had to be known in full before payment or it is invalid. That's the reason why in Austria/Germany EULAs and similar stuff is a one click ignore thing. It's a customer protection mechanism against fraud and it's good that way.


No. Just no!
Please we discussed the legal terms at length earlier in this thread, do not start to spread those missleading half-truths again. You are wrong.

The reason why most people regard EULAs as a "one-click-ignore" thing, is because they can't be bothered to read them and most of what is written in them is common sense anyway. The specific clause they are being warned about is common sense and standard fare for such agreements, meaning you should expect a similar clause to be part of the EULA/TOS even BEFORE you buy the game.

If you want to argue this point some more please read : http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=236979&currentpage=29#575 first.

It's true though, many european countries don't really put any legality in TOS/EULA. However, that doesn't stop blizzard from banning your account if you break it.
Batch
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden692 Posts
June 30 2011 10:31 GMT
#1074
Has anyone got any proof that point towards it actually was Blizzard who made the call? A lot of people gladly throw their shit at Blizzard without even thinking about it.

If I start a thread about iNcontroL eating babies will people then throw their hate against him?
On June 25 2011 07:13 Batch wrote:
Why do everyone blindly believe it really was Blizzard who called? I'm quite sure it just was someone trolling.

A big gaming company like Blizzard don't spend the time searching for the phone number and calling the host of a small german LAN competition to tell him that one of the players should stop using another players account.
If they would do anything then they would send an email to TLOs battle.net 2.0 registered email adress and ask him to stop sharing his account.

aka_star
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United Kingdom1546 Posts
June 30 2011 10:36 GMT
#1075
Blizzard needs to fix their system so we can play on any region, stupid upgrade to battlenet 1.0
FlashDave.999 aka Star
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 10:37:34
June 30 2011 10:37 GMT
#1076
On June 30 2011 19:31 Batch wrote:
Has anyone got any proof that point towards it actually was Blizzard who made the call? A lot of people gladly throw their shit at Blizzard without even thinking about it.

If I start a thread about iNcontroL eating babies will people then throw their hate against him?
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2011 07:13 Batch wrote:
Why do everyone blindly believe it really was Blizzard who called? I'm quite sure it just was someone trolling.

A big gaming company like Blizzard don't spend the time searching for the phone number and calling the host of a small german LAN competition to tell him that one of the players should stop using another players account.
If they would do anything then they would send an email to TLOs battle.net 2.0 registered email adress and ask him to stop sharing his account.



If it wasn't Blizzard calling, then they surely would've called later saying that this wasn't them so people stop hating.

Some common sense people...
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
June 30 2011 10:39 GMT
#1077
On June 30 2011 18:05 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2011 17:59 3772 wrote:
Hahaha, nice one Blizzard. I don't understand what the fuck is Blizz's problem. Both the accounts have been paid for, and the owners should be free to do whatever they want to with them.

Not true, you accepted the terms of yawnyawnyawn and therefore you can be punished if you don't respect them. But Blizzard is not to blame here, they "allow" shared accounts. But they don't like it when you show 10 000 people that you are breaking the rules.


He said it should be not that it is. Which I agree with.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Gann1
Profile Joined July 2009
United States1575 Posts
June 30 2011 10:51 GMT
#1078
Blizzard wasn't in the wrong here, but I do hope that they fixed Huk's MMR.
I drop suckas like Plinko
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
June 30 2011 10:54 GMT
#1079
On June 30 2011 19:51 Gann1 wrote:
Blizzard wasn't in the wrong here, but I do hope that they fixed Huk's MMR.


I find it actually unbelievable that they made the same mistake as in wc3...MMR should always be capped relative to the MMR of the other topranked players. It shouldn't even be possible in theory to have such high MMR that the matchmaking doesn't work any more. Pretty big fail on the programming part, tbh.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
Toxi78
Profile Joined May 2010
966 Posts
June 30 2011 10:57 GMT
#1080
and what about the fact that the battle.net website is actually illegal in france, because you can't change your actual name on it? in france you MUST have the right to change EVERY piece of information you gave to a website.
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech77
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 713
Jaedong 466
Bisu 388
Horang2 360
Zeus 359
Larva 303
Pusan 118
Mind 105
Killer 87
ggaemo 75
[ Show more ]
Hyun 70
Barracks 59
scan(afreeca) 55
sorry 47
Bale 41
Sharp 34
Yoon 32
NotJumperer 32
Sacsri 24
Hm[arnc] 21
Shinee 14
Noble 9
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
febbydoto98
League of Legends
JimRising 418
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1532
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King84
Other Games
summit1g7875
ceh9669
Happy379
crisheroes200
Sick161
dupreeh121
Pyrionflax118
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 22
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast8
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2296
League of Legends
• Jankos1164
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1m
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 1614
StarCastTV_EN31
INu's Battles
1h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 1m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.