• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:48
CEST 21:48
KST 04:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6992 users

Blizzard warns HuK/TLO for account sharing - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 56 Next
PDizzle
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark1754 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 18:12:02
June 24 2011 18:09 GMT
#241
ohh wow blizzard
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
June 24 2011 18:09 GMT
#242
I thought this was a joke/troll thread.

wtf.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
June 24 2011 18:09 GMT
#243
On June 25 2011 03:03 karpo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2011 02:59 Tyrant0 wrote:
People need to chill. Why are everyone so quick to rage over small things? And why do people equate battle.net features or lack of LAN with a community manager asking people to follow the rules?


Small things? Its exactly because of sub-par battle.net features that people share accounts, and blizzard decided to target TLO and HuK, in what seems like a PR stunt.

And this sucks, too. What if blizzard DID ban TLO's eu account? TLO would buy another, blizzard would make 60 more dollars, and some implicit rule would be made to not stream account sharing; even though Blizzard probably wont mass ban average players who share accounts. Players will rage at blizzard, but they don't really have to change anything.


I agree with the MMR thing, but people bring up LAN, chat channels and a bunch of stuff that has nothing to to with what the community manager did today. People on these forums are very quick to bring up unrelated complains as soon as they see a window for some Blizzard whine.


People will never stop bringing up LAN, because they will never get it. Its like asking Blizzard to light their own money on fire.

Sounds like Blizzard needs to do some PR work here. If their ladder system breaks to the point where HUK simply cannot play any more, its a problem. They can't expect him to sit around and with for NA and EU to catch up with him.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ArYeS
Profile Joined June 2010
Slovenia268 Posts
June 24 2011 18:10 GMT
#244
On June 25 2011 03:07 chickenhawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
If it's against their rules, it's against it. It's their game, their property, and they have every right to put in rules about account usage.


Guess what, WE are paying costummers, WE have need to have a say in this things. Just because it is 'there' game, does not mean they should have the right to do whatever.


You agreed to certain terms when you installed game. That means you are obligated to use their product under their rules.

Still.. i think it's silly move by Blizzard, I would like job watching starcraft whole day and calling random people and informing them of their actions lol :D
splinter9
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada172 Posts
June 24 2011 18:10 GMT
#245
What if the Duggar family wanted to play starcraft. Thats sounds expensive
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46502 Posts
June 24 2011 18:10 GMT
#246
On June 25 2011 02:55 Tenz wrote:
Hope they (Blizzard) read this and apologize. Because I'm gravely offended by this filth.

They want Huk to buy a copy for each region so he can compete? NA, SEA, KR, EU, China, Russia etc etc.

Will wait for the apology to be posted by blizz.


...What? Apologize?

Ugh I know! I want every expansion of SC2 free, and I want them to pay for my internet too. Hell, I want Blizzard to personally upgrade my internet so that I can play on the fastest settings that SC2 allows. How dare they not allow me free reign over all the SC2 possibilities and force *me* to actually sink extra money into this game that they clearly created to be given out for free? What are they running, a business?

Seriously, Blizzard. Free mice for life, free keyboards for life, free monitors and up-to-date operating systems for life. And a whole bunch of other computer terminology that I don't even know... for life! Now. Because most of all, I want to play (with terrible latency) against people halfway around the world and don't want to pay a penny for it.

And I would like a formal apology from both Dustin Browder and Nova until exactly this happens. Clearly, Blizzard thinks that they should be making money instead of providing free services, despite the fact that battle.net is free. So I'm going to ignore the fact that I can go on SC2 whenever I want and play the game for free, and instead rant about how I want to play with every single human on Earth (and on Tarsonis) and have infinite accounts, so Blizzard better get moving to fix my personal problem!
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Sanjuro
Profile Joined November 2010
Indonesia252 Posts
June 24 2011 18:10 GMT
#247
I think the problem is that TLO's account is in the top 200 (Grandmasters) and if Huk was playing it, it would be like jockey-ing (dunno the proper term) the account. People have been using and lending account for tournament for a long time, and GSTL uses 1 account for each team, and they have never complained about it (to my knowledge).

Blizzard, i think you have many other important things to do then harassing Players.
im the Villain of the Story, im not meant to be saved
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
June 24 2011 18:11 GMT
#248
You're really surprised this warning came when HuK flat out said on camera to 25,000 viewers that "Dario lent me his account and I boosted it to rank 1 GM yesterday"?
Thorakh
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands1788 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 18:11:51
June 24 2011 18:11 GMT
#249
HuK used TLO's account on ladder. That is unacceptable. Having said that, HuK not being able to find games on his own account is just as unacceptable.

Blizzard just doesn't like account sharing being so openly on stream, not to mention that they don't want the ladder fucked up by account sharing (when they base tournament invites off the ladder). TLO isn't playing at the moment and therefore his GM spot should just go to someone else.

I believe it would have been better if Blizzard just requested HuK to not play on TLO's account instead of just waving their banhammer in front of HuK's face.

I really don't think they care about account sharing for tournaments, they just don't want it on ladder, like HuK was doing.
splinter9
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada172 Posts
June 24 2011 18:11 GMT
#250
On June 25 2011 03:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2011 02:55 Tenz wrote:
Hope they (Blizzard) read this and apologize. Because I'm gravely offended by this filth.

They want Huk to buy a copy for each region so he can compete? NA, SEA, KR, EU, China, Russia etc etc.

Will wait for the apology to be posted by blizz.


...What? Apologize?

Ugh I know! I want every expansion of SC2 free, and I want them to pay for my internet too. Hell, I want Blizzard to personally upgrade my internet so that I can play on the fastest settings that SC2 allows. How dare they not allow me free reign over all the SC2 possibilities and force *me* to actually sink extra money into this game that they clearly created to be given out for free? What are they running, a business?

Seriously, Blizzard. Free mice for life, free keyboards for life, free monitors and up-to-date operating systems for life. And a whole bunch of other computer terminology that I don't even know... for life! Now. Because most of all, I want to play (with terrible latency) against people halfway around the world and don't want to pay a penny for it.

And I would like a formal apology from both Dustin Browder and Nova until exactly this happens. Clearly, Blizzard thinks that they should be making money instead of providing free services, despite the fact that battle.net is free. So I'm going to ignore the fact that I can go on SC2 whenever I want and play the game for free, and instead rant about how I want to play with every single human on Earth (and on Tarsonis) and have infinite accounts, so Blizzard better get moving to fix my personal problem!

This was nor funny or informative and lacked any sense
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
June 24 2011 18:11 GMT
#251
On June 25 2011 02:56 vrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2011 02:49 Hoon wrote:
I don't know why people are hating so much on Blizzard.
Account sharing in any way is not allowed according to the ToS and EULA.
Everyone that read the thread about 'piracy kills LAN' understands why Blizz don't want to add LAN to SC2. Letting people share accounts also makes them lose some money, especially when a pro-player is doing it on a stream, which 'encourages' other players to do so as well.
Blizard just wants to defend their money, and their action didn't affect anyone at all, it was just a warning to not encourage people to share accounts.

Don't bring up that bullshit. Piracy has nothing to do with why Blizzard won't implement LAN or is against random, non-malicious account sharing. It's all about control, 'lost sales' of individual copies is not a factor.

You clearly didn't the thread I mentioned. Money is the main reason to not add LAN. Why would they remove a feature that has been out there for so long? Because the majority of the people that plays DotA casually play on Garena or any pirated server.
Account sharing also takes their sales down. If you let pro-gamers share their account on a stream, but ban random players that share their accounts between friends, it's gonna be much worse.

Well account sharing is probably as close to a non issue you can get from Blizzards point of view but bad PR is bad PR. But not like it will get tons of publicity or be extremely bad PR anyway unless they actually terminates TLO's account or something.

Like I wrote in the other post, if the rumors are true it's probably just a somewhat bad community manager and not some "Blizzard headquarters community relationships team" thing.

Just as I mentioned above, I don't think it's bad PR. They have to warm whoever breaks the ToS, so they can ask everyone to follow it, or else we can share our accounts and say that Blizz lets pro-players share their accounts but ban us for doing the same.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 18:13:00
June 24 2011 18:12 GMT
#252
On June 25 2011 00:41 lamamitasche wrote:
In this conversation he threatened that, in case of further Account-Sharing between TLO and HuK, Blizzard will close the account of TheLittleOne.


Edit: This it not supposed to be another blizzard hate thread, I distance myself from my comments above.

(i hope its readable because im not a native speaker :D)



On June 25 2011 00:42 iG.Zeep wrote:
what a fucking joke


Not only is this the exact thought I had after reading your post (can't read german thank for for translating it for me/us) I don't know what else to say other than THIS is what Blizzard is dedicating community outreach resources to? Seriously? I'm not getting any points for ladder matches and you care about HuK using TLO's account to find someone to play...

Really Blizzard? Really..


On June 25 2011 03:11 Resilient wrote:
You're really surprised this warning came when HuK flat out said on camera to 25,000 viewers that "Dario lent me his account and I boosted it to rank 1 GM yesterday"?


Was that his intent? o.o Wish HuK would comment on this so we could hear the actual story.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Gnax
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden490 Posts
June 24 2011 18:12 GMT
#253
Poll: Who is stupid?

Blizzard (173)
 
75%

People who complain about something they all agreed to when they bought the game (58)
 
25%

231 total votes

Your vote: Who is stupid?

(Vote): Blizzard
(Vote): People who complain about something they all agreed to when they bought the game



I'm trying to make sense of what the majority of people think here.
Modeath
Profile Joined October 2010
United States68 Posts
June 24 2011 18:12 GMT
#254
The thing is blizz wont use ladder ranking for invites I mean could you imagine deezer or combatex getting on a cheese streak hitting #1 in na and blizz inviting one of them over a huk or a idra?
pStar
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
996 Posts
June 24 2011 18:13 GMT
#255
On June 25 2011 03:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2011 02:55 Tenz wrote:
Hope they (Blizzard) read this and apologize. Because I'm gravely offended by this filth.

They want Huk to buy a copy for each region so he can compete? NA, SEA, KR, EU, China, Russia etc etc.

Will wait for the apology to be posted by blizz.


...What? Apologize?

Ugh I know! I want every expansion of SC2 free, and I want them to pay for my internet too. Hell, I want Blizzard to personally upgrade my internet so that I can play on the fastest settings that SC2 allows. How dare they not allow me free reign over all the SC2 possibilities and force *me* to actually sink extra money into this game that they clearly created to be given out for free? What are they running, a business?

Seriously, Blizzard. Free mice for life, free keyboards for life, free monitors and up-to-date operating systems for life. And a whole bunch of other computer terminology that I don't even know... for life! Now. Because most of all, I want to play (with terrible latency) against people halfway around the world and don't want to pay a penny for it.

And I would like a formal apology from both Dustin Browder and Nova until exactly this happens. Clearly, Blizzard thinks that they should be making money instead of providing free services, despite the fact that battle.net is free. So I'm going to ignore the fact that I can go on SC2 whenever I want and play the game for free, and instead rant about how I want to play with every single human on Earth (and on Tarsonis) and have infinite accounts, so Blizzard better get moving to fix my personal problem!


Really? You cannot be serious?

I hope there is a apology made by Blizzard, its completely unfair for TLO and HuK.

We know all their services are free, but we still have to pay the $60 to play it, and im sure HuK has payed for at least 3 copies of starcraft

Please think before you go nuts.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
June 24 2011 18:13 GMT
#256
On June 25 2011 03:07 chickenhawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
If it's against their rules, it's against it. It's their game, their property, and they have every right to put in rules about account usage.


Guess what, WE are paying costummers, WE have need to have a say in this things. Just because it is 'there' game, does not mean they should have the right to do whatever.


So what? It is true that customers have a say in it, but rules are rules, when you buy the game, you agree to use it in line with the Terms of Use. It feels really silly and small to me aswell to really go ahead and warn the progamers about it, but if it has to be done, it has to be done. Hating Blizzard for it is sillier than their approach about account sharing.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46502 Posts
June 24 2011 18:13 GMT
#257
On June 25 2011 03:07 chickenhawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
If it's against their rules, it's against it. It's their game, their property, and they have every right to put in rules about account usage.


Guess what, WE are paying costummers, WE have need to have a say in this things. Just because it is 'there' game, does not mean they should have the right to do whatever.


Um, no. That's pretty much exactly how it works.

If you don't like their product, don't use it. You can make recommendations and surely post complaints and questions and comments, but they don't have to listen to you.

That being said, if they lose enough people because their product isn't appealing to enough people, they'll fix things.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
MaxwellE
Profile Joined April 2010
England229 Posts
June 24 2011 18:14 GMT
#258
Blizzard warned HuK/TLO because HuK used it for ladder.

100% the correct move by Blizz imo
splinter9
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada172 Posts
June 24 2011 18:14 GMT
#259
On June 25 2011 03:12 Gnax wrote:
Poll: Who is stupid?

Blizzard (173)
 
75%

People who complain about something they all agreed to when they bought the game (58)
 
25%

231 total votes

Your vote: Who is stupid?

(Vote): Blizzard
(Vote): People who complain about something they all agreed to when they bought the game



I'm trying to make sense of what the majority of people think here.

seriously fuck off with reading the agreement no one does that. Secondly it not even valid in a lot of the world.
dOofuS
Profile Joined January 2009
United States342 Posts
June 24 2011 18:14 GMT
#260
On June 25 2011 03:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2011 02:55 Tenz wrote:
Hope they (Blizzard) read this and apologize. Because I'm gravely offended by this filth.

They want Huk to buy a copy for each region so he can compete? NA, SEA, KR, EU, China, Russia etc etc.

Will wait for the apology to be posted by blizz.


I want every expansion of SC2 free, and I want them to pay for my internet too. Hell, I want Blizzard to personally upgrade my internet so that I can play on the fastest settings that SC2 allows. How dare they not allow me free reign over all the SC2 possibilities and force *me* to actually sink extra money into this game that they clearly created to be given out for free? What are they running, a business?

You sir, don't understand what improves game performance.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1031
IndyStarCraft 199
Nina 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16159
Calm 2289
Horang2 292
Mini 175
Rush 105
EffOrt 93
Zeus 48
Trap 23
scan(afreeca) 17
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto12
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5379
Fnx 1539
pashabiceps1322
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3854
Liquid`Hasu567
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1762
Beastyqt715
B2W.Neo540
C9.Mang0327
crisheroes136
QueenE106
Trikslyr104
Dewaltoss69
UpATreeSC59
JuggernautJason25
ZombieGrub20
shahzam17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade936
Other Games
• imaqtpie979
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 12m
INu's Battles
15h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 12m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.