• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:38
CEST 06:38
KST 13:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9341 users

Ladder locked? - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 35 Next All
sereniity
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden1159 Posts
May 20 2011 16:09 GMT
#121
On May 21 2011 00:44 MangoTango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 17:06 vojnik wrote:
if u have a winning row u need to loose some games as well for promotion


You are so wrong it hurts.


He's not wrong at all, the system wont promote you if you don't lose, when you start losing and get like ~50% win loss versus your opponents you'll get promoted, if you just keep winning it'll just keep matching you up against better and better opponents, until you finally stabilize.
"I am Day9, Holy shit!"
XiGua
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden3085 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 16:15:05
May 20 2011 16:14 GMT
#122
On May 21 2011 00:44 zJayy962 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 00:34 Noelani wrote:
The leagues are locked. Just get over it and stop asking for proof. No one can prove that God doesn't exist either, but we all know it's true. Just accept it and wait for Blizzard to announce a fix.


Wait WTF? Please don't bring this shit into a thread like this.

Just because I don't want to stir a shit storm, I won't reply to show you how wrong you are.

On topic: Right now I have about a 60% win ratio on ladder over ~150 games played and I thought I'd get promoted to GM soon since I play GM's once in a while but it doesn't seem like it. I hate how I can't view the GM ladder to see whose on the bottom of it to judge if I can get promoted or not.

To me, it feels like getting promoted to GM is purely based on luck once you get to a mid/high masters level. You have to finish a game the moment somebody gets to 180+ bonus points in GM league and be above the lowest MMR player or else you can't get in because there are no free spots. Seems like a silly system to me.


You can't get promoted to GM this season. You have to be one of the Top 200 when the season starts, otherwise you have to be lucky and hope a GM stops playing that frequently and gets over 200 bonus pool.

EDIT: NVM, just read your last paragraph... I don't understand how I could've missed that.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) APM, Why u make me spam?
bramapanzer
Profile Joined December 2010
83 Posts
May 20 2011 16:22 GMT
#123
I know the bnet forums are abhorrent, but there is a blue sticky about this:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2416113290

Only problem is, they said they fixed it 3 weeks ago ;-|
Illusionnist
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Ireland97 Posts
May 20 2011 16:23 GMT
#124
Wasnt there a thing where, u have two weeks to get promoted. then if ur in the same league u stay there till the rest of the season? i think thats what it is
i may be drunk now, but in the morning i will be sober, and you will still be ugly.
Kenso
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany4 Posts
May 20 2011 16:24 GMT
#125
On May 21 2011 01:09 sereniity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 00:44 MangoTango wrote:
On May 20 2011 17:06 vojnik wrote:
if u have a winning row u need to loose some games as well for promotion


You are so wrong it hurts.


He's not wrong at all, the system wont promote you if you don't lose, when you start losing and get like ~50% win loss versus your opponents you'll get promoted, if you just keep winning it'll just keep matching you up against better and better opponents, until you finally stabilize.


He is wrong. The confidence in your MMR sinks with unexpected wins, but the System should increase your MMR for those Wins and expect them the next time, increasing the Systems confidence and promote you even without losing.
Apendix
Profile Joined December 2010
England22 Posts
May 20 2011 16:25 GMT
#126
On May 20 2011 17:12 human_ko wrote:
cant u just play not caring for your rating??
lol its not MMA its MMR, gm.toss.
u get suitable opponents, what else wud u need

"lol your just diamond what do you know" stuff like that when you feel you should be masters and people say stuff like that. and it gives you a feel that you acheived something.
RBKeys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada196 Posts
May 20 2011 16:39 GMT
#127
I'm currently sitting at about 31 wins in my gold league, but I've been facing mid-high plats since about 8 wins. I've lost some games since then (putting my record at about 31-15~) and I still haven't been promoted. I'm still going to play and try, but it's a bit weird when I was promoted from bronze to silver, silver to gold, in less than 20 games played last season.

On a side-note though: I played beat a platinum guy a few days ago and when I looked at his division there were only 6 people in it. Sometime later the division was filled, so I do believe the system is promoting and accommodating players by creating new division, as it should be.
Thanks for the break :D
Legend`
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada381 Posts
May 20 2011 16:45 GMT
#128
Was low diamond facing high masters with about a 80% win ratio in 3s, so yeah it looks like it.
NME.352 GM NA Protoss
Fleuria
Profile Joined April 2011
England466 Posts
May 20 2011 16:53 GMT
#129
Seems a little bugged me and all my friends are playing people way higher than us in 1v1 and its about 60-75% win ratio vs diamond / masters thought it would of ranked us up by now rather than just staying in the same league ;d been like this for a week now before in s1 i got ranked up pretty quick if i went on a 60%+ win against a league higher
random user
Profile Joined December 2010
85 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 17:16:31
May 20 2011 16:55 GMT
#130
I'm pretty sure leagues (at least some) are locked. I don't have proof, but I have pretty good evidence.

I have a script which checks the top 500 active diamond players over time. I wrote this script last season when I was interested in what it took to become masters if you had a lot of games.

When I ran this script last season, generally 20-40 people would get promoted/demoted out of the top 500 every 24 hours.

I've been running this script, and in the last 36 hours, guess how many people got promoted/demoted?

Zero.

While this isn't proof that leagues are locked, the fact that no one in the top 500 diamonds has moved leagues in 36 hours is a lot of evidence that something unusual is going on, and quite possibly that the leagues (at least diamond, and grandmaster because that one is easy to track) are locked.

Edit: in the interests of full transparency, I have to say the above isn't *quite* true. I ran the script initially about 36 hours ago, and then 18 hours that, and then just recently. So the population of the top 500 changed between the initial 36 hours ago vs 24 hours ago. However, for both of the top 500 diamond populations sampled at the time they were sampled, no one moved leagues between that time and the next sampling.
sereniity
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden1159 Posts
May 20 2011 16:58 GMT
#131
On May 21 2011 01:24 Kenso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 01:09 sereniity wrote:
On May 21 2011 00:44 MangoTango wrote:
On May 20 2011 17:06 vojnik wrote:
if u have a winning row u need to loose some games as well for promotion


You are so wrong it hurts.


He's not wrong at all, the system wont promote you if you don't lose, when you start losing and get like ~50% win loss versus your opponents you'll get promoted, if you just keep winning it'll just keep matching you up against better and better opponents, until you finally stabilize.


He is wrong. The confidence in your MMR sinks with unexpected wins, but the System should increase your MMR for those Wins and expect them the next time, increasing the Systems confidence and promote you even without losing.


Are you saying that you will get promoted even if you don't lose? A friend of mine who's masters played on his smurf account wich is bronze and had 5 pages of wins only in 1v1, yet he wasn't promoted, after that he stopped playing on the acc, then the 2 week ladder lock came and when the new season began he got placed into diamond in the placement match, note that all of his wins were before the 2 week ladder lock.

I'm 99% sure that you HAVE to lose atleast 1 game in order to get promoted.
"I am Day9, Holy shit!"
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
May 20 2011 16:59 GMT
#132
Very interesting random user. Do you think you could alter it to monitor some of the other leagues?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GMonster
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
686 Posts
May 20 2011 17:00 GMT
#133
yes the ladder is currently bugged no1 can't be demoted/promoted
GrandMaster Terran NA Server / Mod @ justin.tv/incontrol
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
May 20 2011 17:03 GMT
#134
On May 20 2011 23:08 shinyA wrote:
Made a new account, I'm 20-2 still in plat and I've been playing high masters / grandmasters.

Teammate of mine also made a new account, he went 5-0 in placement into Platinum and has lots more wins than me, same win %, and neither of us are being promoted. I'm grandmaster on my other account and he is same skill level.

Ironically he just beat iNcontrol while he's still in platinum. So yes, the ladder is locked. I'm not gonna ladder anymore because I'm just blowing bonus pool


You never lose bonus points when you get promoted, they carry over to your new point total.
Moderator
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
May 20 2011 17:06 GMT
#135
On May 21 2011 01:58 sereniity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 01:24 Kenso wrote:
On May 21 2011 01:09 sereniity wrote:
On May 21 2011 00:44 MangoTango wrote:
On May 20 2011 17:06 vojnik wrote:
if u have a winning row u need to loose some games as well for promotion


You are so wrong it hurts.


He's not wrong at all, the system wont promote you if you don't lose, when you start losing and get like ~50% win loss versus your opponents you'll get promoted, if you just keep winning it'll just keep matching you up against better and better opponents, until you finally stabilize.


He is wrong. The confidence in your MMR sinks with unexpected wins, but the System should increase your MMR for those Wins and expect them the next time, increasing the Systems confidence and promote you even without losing.


Are you saying that you will get promoted even if you don't lose? A friend of mine who's masters played on his smurf account wich is bronze and had 5 pages of wins only in 1v1, yet he wasn't promoted, after that he stopped playing on the acc, then the 2 week ladder lock came and when the new season began he got placed into diamond in the placement match, note that all of his wins were before the 2 week ladder lock.

I'm 99% sure that you HAVE to lose atleast 1 game in order to get promoted.


Nope, you don't. Not as of a few months ago, anyway. In the early launch version of the system that was the case (probably Aug-Dec 2010 or so).
Moderator
1st_Panzer_Div.
Profile Joined November 2010
United States621 Posts
May 20 2011 17:18 GMT
#136
I have to agree with the OP that I have been noticing some weirdness in my ladder play. I'm an 800 pt master, and have been playing even matches vs 900 pt masters one game, and then a diamond player the next game. (There is a clear difference in skill, but b.net is calling them 12 pt/12 pt even matches).

I've played about 5 diamonds and 1 platinum in the past week, all of them 'even' matches for me.
Manager, Team RIP ZeeZ
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
May 20 2011 17:21 GMT
#137
I was hoping excalibur_Z could shed some light on this...
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
May 20 2011 17:25 GMT
#138
On May 21 2011 02:03 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2011 23:08 shinyA wrote:
Made a new account, I'm 20-2 still in plat and I've been playing high masters / grandmasters.

Teammate of mine also made a new account, he went 5-0 in placement into Platinum and has lots more wins than me, same win %, and neither of us are being promoted. I'm grandmaster on my other account and he is same skill level.

Ironically he just beat iNcontrol while he's still in platinum. So yes, the ladder is locked. I'm not gonna ladder anymore because I'm just blowing bonus pool


You never lose bonus points when you get promoted, they carry over to your new point total.


so wait is it locked or not?
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
random user
Profile Joined December 2010
85 Posts
May 20 2011 17:30 GMT
#139
On May 21 2011 01:59 stevarius wrote:
Very interesting random user. Do you think you could alter it to monitor some of the other leagues?


I'll try and set it up later today. But it will be 12/24 or whatever hours until I'll have anything meaningful since I'll have to wait some time to see if any of them moved.
stevarius
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1394 Posts
May 20 2011 17:32 GMT
#140
On May 21 2011 02:30 random user wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 01:59 stevarius wrote:
Very interesting random user. Do you think you could alter it to monitor some of the other leagues?


I'll try and set it up later today. But it will be 12/24 or whatever hours until I'll have anything meaningful since I'll have to wait some time to see if any of them moved.


Well I don't myself getting promoted by then so... definitely worth the wait. Lol...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 159
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2115
Snow 110
NaDa 38
Bale 30
Noble 13
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
Counter-Strike
taco 517
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1445
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1125
WinterStarcraft629
Other Games
summit1g8060
JimRising 638
PiGStarcraft297
C9.Mang0182
ArmadaUGS163
Maynarde141
Sick102
ViBE76
Livibee3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick677
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki151
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota280
League of Legends
• Lourlo1235
• Rush989
• Stunt323
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 22m
OSC
8h 22m
Stellar Fest
8h 22m
OSC
19h 22m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.