• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:24
CEST 04:24
KST 11:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9928 users

Ladder locked? - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34 35 Next All
Mass Morines
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden3 Posts
May 20 2011 13:25 GMT
#81
I have heard that mass marines is the best tactic. The marines are general purpose units and together with good micro, can be an unstoppable force. Because they are general purpose units they are good at doing pretty much everything. So mass marines is the new generation of sc2. You should do it too.

User was banned for this post.
"mass marines is the best tactic"
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
May 20 2011 13:26 GMT
#82
as long as ur rank highers u not gets promoted, you gets promoted when ur rank stabilise
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
OrgCom
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada25 Posts
May 20 2011 13:29 GMT
#83
IPL will only accept diamond+masters players.
RANK DOES MATTER!!! (For all those saying "Rank doesn't matter if you're having fun")
Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
Rassy
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 13:31:46
May 20 2011 13:31 GMT
#84
have not experienced the things op did
do remember however vaguely the patch notes for the new ladder system mentioning that all leagues would be locked during the final weeks of the season
maybe blizzard locked the leagues already and we are now in the final(4-8?) weeks of this season?
nepts2
Profile Joined May 2011
33 Posts
May 20 2011 13:32 GMT
#85
It has been more than a week since the ladder lock, the hackers are still prevalent, blizz admins are remaining silent.
SOmethings wrong eh?
TheMooseHeed
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom535 Posts
May 20 2011 13:35 GMT
#86
I'd use this bug to my advantage and enter some tournaments. Everyone will underestimate a plat player and you will beat them

In fairness just play and enjoy yourself and promotion will happen eventually, don't worry about it.
''Swarm hosts are the worst thing in the world, I mean terrorism is pretty bad but swarmhosts are worse'' IdrA on ZvZ
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
May 20 2011 13:51 GMT
#87
I can't wait for the leagues to be unlocked. I'm beating GM people on EU and many many high masters and I'm still stuck in diamond. Can't wait cus my stream chat keeps wondering why im diamond lol :D
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
FlaminGinjaNinja
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom879 Posts
May 20 2011 13:57 GMT
#88
You should get promoted when you have ~ 50% win ratio. From what you've said with the 2v2 it won't bother promoting you to silver or gold, more likely straight to play/ diamond. I'd guess the same is true with 1v1.

having said that, i suspect blizzard has "promotion days" since last month it was promoted in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 on the same day within about 2hrs.
GinjaNinja.661 EU I'd like to thank my sh*t keyyboard for always messing up my 'Y's
Perplex
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1693 Posts
May 20 2011 13:57 GMT
#89
I feel that it IS a bug, because I'm currently in gold facing all platinum people and I win just slightly more than I lose. I never face gold anymore, but I face high to mid platinum people and have probably a 60 percent win rate.

I STILL wont' get promoted though, even though my MMR should be "settled"

it's annoying..
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/24238059
Hytynen
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1 Post
May 20 2011 13:59 GMT
#90
Me and my friend were on silver in season1, we lost our season 2 placement match and still stayed in silver, we lost 4 games a row after that and once we won 1 game, we were immediately promoted to gold. so 1-4 win rate. -_-
nepts2
Profile Joined May 2011
33 Posts
May 20 2011 14:01 GMT
#91
yea.. i had like what.. 6 win 5 losses? then got promoted to masters in both 2vs2 and 3vs3
shinyA
Profile Joined November 2008
United States473 Posts
May 20 2011 14:08 GMT
#92
Made a new account, I'm 20-2 still in plat and I've been playing high masters / grandmasters.

Teammate of mine also made a new account, he went 5-0 in placement into Platinum and has lots more wins than me, same win %, and neither of us are being promoted. I'm grandmaster on my other account and he is same skill level.

Ironically he just beat iNcontrol while he's still in platinum. So yes, the ladder is locked. I'm not gonna ladder anymore because I'm just blowing bonus pool
twitch.tv/ggshinya
Ashes
Profile Joined January 2011
United States362 Posts
May 20 2011 14:09 GMT
#93
well here is my take on it. Again I am a casual gamer.. I am silver in 1v1 and 2v2.. Generally get players with plat or high plat against me. I win some and I lose some. 3v3, I am plat. I hardly play 3 v3. I play a hell lot of 4v4 and my rank fluctuates between 1-3 in gold. I am always playing against low diamond and high plat and sometimes masters. Again I win some and lose some. At the end of the day, I think that based upon my own assessment, I cannot go beyond Gold and honestly I dont care abt my rating because I always get to play with players of higher rating than me, But then again I am a casual gamer.
Olsson
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden931 Posts
May 20 2011 14:51 GMT
#94
Been playing against 18 diamonds last 20 games I won like 15 of those games and no promotion? Same issue here.
Naniwa <3
nka203
Profile Joined May 2010
United States102 Posts
May 20 2011 14:55 GMT
#95
Means your not winning enough against upper league players.

It took me 30 straight wins on my friend's gold account to get him into Platinum.
By then I was playing high level diamond and even some masters.

Basically the more games you've played, the less flexible it'll be to move up or down in ladder.
i love cake
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
May 20 2011 15:09 GMT
#96
On May 20 2011 17:09 graNite wrote:
Because the system is not confident in your rating.


This absolutely, truskill works the same way. It does some fancy stuff with what it thinks your rating is compared to what it thinks your opponent is rated, then tries to predict the outcome. How confident the system is with the outcome determines your mmr. Right now you're supposed to be losing games
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
May 20 2011 15:12 GMT
#97
the same happened to thorzain http://sc2ranks.com/eu/463666/PraeThorZaIN
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
carloselcoco
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2302 Posts
May 20 2011 15:15 GMT
#98
On May 21 2011 00:12 desrow wrote:
the same happened to thorzain http://sc2ranks.com/eu/463666/PraeThorZaIN


Indeed, that just proves it is a bug. I hope they fix it soon as it is also happening to me with my 2v2 and 3v3.

BTW, I hope when they fix it you get promoted to GM in EU desrow! =D
http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/296431601 <------Suscribe! Casts in Spanish :) |||| http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/300285215<----- CSL: Before Sunday! Episode 3!
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
May 20 2011 15:19 GMT
#99
There actually is a bug with the promotion system right now. Case in point- 188 NA GM's and no one is able to get promoted right now. You can get placed into masters doing team games but if you get placed in another league you won't be moving up any time soon. I'm waiting on an announcement from excalibur since we know blizz isn't going to say anything about it ^^
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
May 20 2011 15:25 GMT
#100
ive been playing on a smurf account as a different race, and constantly am placed vs 800-1k masters.
however im stuck in Diamond. roughly 60-15 record, so that does seem a bit strange that im stuck

hard to say tho! i doubt its a bug tho
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 148
Nina 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12277
Rain 2154
Artosis 687
Dewaltoss 34
NaDa 30
Bale 22
Noble 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever464
NeuroSwarm169
League of Legends
Doublelift5237
Counter-Strike
taco 621
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1553
ArmadaUGS285
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1345
WinterStarcraft559
Other Games
summit1g8252
JimRising 630
PiGStarcraft359
C9.Mang0213
Maynarde166
ViBE113
ZombieGrub11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick885
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 36m
OSC
10h 36m
Stellar Fest
10h 36m
OSC
21h 36m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.