• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:13
CEST 05:13
KST 12:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6420 users

Ladder locked? - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 Next All
DESOUL
Profile Joined December 2010
Moldova40 Posts
May 26 2011 12:33 GMT
#661
Is europe unlocked yet? didnt read the whole thread
Wut o.O
Qwix
Profile Joined October 2010
531 Posts
May 26 2011 12:36 GMT
#662
On May 26 2011 21:33 DESOUL wrote:
Is europe unlocked yet? didnt read the whole thread

Yes, EU is unlocked.
TechnoZerg
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia75 Posts
May 26 2011 12:47 GMT
#663
I won a game after the lock and was promoted from Gold to Rank 1 Plat. I assumed every promotion relegates you to Rank 100 of your new league. As I'm relatively new to SC2, may I ask 1) Is that common 2) quite rare, 3) or a bug?
Power overwhelming!
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-26 13:28:49
May 26 2011 12:52 GMT
#664
On May 26 2011 21:47 TechnoZerg wrote:
I won a game after the lock and was promoted from Gold to Rank 1 Plat. I assumed every promotion relegates you to Rank 100 of your new league. As I'm relatively new to SC2, may I ask 1) Is that common 2) quite rare, 3) or a bug?


1) It's normal. Every time you get demoted or promoted your points are reset to "spent bonus pool" + 73. Then you will be placed in the appropriate place in your new division. Some divisions are tougher than others, so it depends.
egonx
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden20 Posts
May 26 2011 13:03 GMT
#665
Looking forward to my Diamond -> Gold demotion tonight then. =) I havent played for 40 weeks and have been on a super-super loosing streak now then I restarted. After each game I get questions how I can be in diamond and play like s***. Will be nice to not have those conversations any longer.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
May 26 2011 13:40 GMT
#666
On May 26 2011 22:03 egonx wrote:
Looking forward to my Diamond -> Gold demotion tonight then. =) I havent played for 40 weeks and have been on a super-super loosing streak now then I restarted. After each game I get questions how I can be in diamond and play like s***. Will be nice to not have those conversations any longer.


lol harsh

Well, time for me to see if i'll get demoted as well.
We make signature, then defense it.
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
May 26 2011 15:09 GMT
#667
On May 26 2011 22:03 egonx wrote:
Looking forward to my Diamond -> Gold demotion tonight then. =) I havent played for 40 weeks and have been on a super-super loosing streak now then I restarted. After each game I get questions how I can be in diamond and play like s***. Will be nice to not have those conversations any longer.


I know the feeling, well if you were once in Diamond you'll get back eventually. I've shimmering between Platinum and Diamond all the time. When I'm on top of my game I can't seem to lose against platinum-players no matter what strat or cheese they pull off. In other times it's like I'm playing in slow-motion and being behind every game and just throw away game after game.
Silverion
Profile Joined May 2011
Spain8 Posts
May 26 2011 19:00 GMT
#668
I got promoted right now into Gold league, so yes, EU is unlocked too
Predateur
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada79 Posts
May 26 2011 20:33 GMT
#669
New master division was just created, i'm first
just got back into master (was master in season1 but got demoted !)

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/419413/1/Barbu/
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 08:24:26
May 28 2011 08:16 GMT
#670
I'm 66-32 1K+ points in 3x3 with bonus pool cleared and something ridiculous like 25-5 in my 30 last games and i'm still not promoted to masters.
Random team btw.

...
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
May 28 2011 19:09 GMT
#671
On May 28 2011 17:16 Boblion wrote:
I'm 66-32 1K+ points in 3x3 with bonus pool cleared and something ridiculous like 25-5 in my 30 last games and i'm still not promoted to masters.
Random team btw.
...


Masters is best 2%, and since there are a lot less people playing 3v3 there are a lot less spots in masters. So that might be the reason (?)
KillerPlague
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1386 Posts
May 28 2011 19:13 GMT
#672
kinda wondering why this thread isn't locked now? it's served it's purpose and is no longer really relevent. i'm not trolling or trying to get warned. just an honest question.
Side 1: Why no dominant players with 90% win ratio Side 2: Nerf Side 1
mvnjpy
Profile Joined May 2011
Switzerland7 Posts
May 28 2011 20:25 GMT
#673
Well, I got promoted as soon as ladder unlocked, but why am I always slightly favored playing against people in the same league? I only win 5 points per win, and I lost like 20 each time I lose. I'm diamond and playing diamond, why am I always slightly favored?
Bkennedy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States266 Posts
May 28 2011 23:41 GMT
#674
On May 29 2011 05:25 mvnjpy wrote:
Well, I got promoted as soon as ladder unlocked, but why am I always slightly favored playing against people in the same league? I only win 5 points per win, and I lost like 20 each time I lose. I'm diamond and playing diamond, why am I always slightly favored?


Because you're high diamond.

Prepare for a possible promotion soon!
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 13:03:25
May 28 2011 23:48 GMT
#675
On May 29 2011 08:41 XenocideFTW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 05:25 mvnjpy wrote:
Well, I got promoted as soon as ladder unlocked, but why am I always slightly favored playing against people in the same league? I only win 5 points per win, and I lost like 20 each time I lose. I'm diamond and playing diamond, why am I always slightly favored?


Because you're high diamond.

Prepare for a possible promotion soon!



Actually, its because the system fucked up the promotion for those who were "locked", and now they are at a high tier diamond division, and to fix the high amount of points you have after promotion, the system will force you to lose tons of points until your MMR and your league points are close to eachother. I am getting the very same thing too, and that sucks.

<edit>
holy sh*t this was my 1000th post and I didnt notice it until I had 1003 o_o
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
FrostFire626
Profile Joined April 2010
United States79 Posts
May 28 2011 23:50 GMT
#676
The ladder system bugged out for anyone who was recently promoted. As far as I can tell, all you can do to fix the "always slightly favored" bug is to lose a whole bunch of games until your MMR steadies out, or you are demoted.
IamaGrapeMan
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada165 Posts
May 29 2011 09:05 GMT
#677
On May 26 2011 07:36 UNeeK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2011 05:37 IamaGrapeMan wrote:
On May 25 2011 04:51 Tastrafe wrote:
On May 25 2011 02:50 IamaGrapeMan wrote:
On May 25 2011 01:40 kaisertoss wrote:
well. I noticed less people playing because of this. People only play to get promoted.

like any sports. You play for a championship a goal. Imagine the NFL with no superbowl. Who would watch?


like any sports you play to have fun :o
that's how it is with sc2 as well
if it's not like that for people than it should be


no? are you dumb? if you play to only have fun then why would there be a ranking system in the first place?


learn manners, learn to speak properly in the future now mr 8 post
you're lucky u didn't banned



lol, if you're going to correct someone and say "learn to speak properly", YOU might want to use correct english as well.


??
that's irrelevant
i wasn't insulting his grammar or spelling
i was telling him not to be a troll and to not be bm
in other words, when iwas telling him to speak properly i was advising him to be civil
IIIOmegaIII
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden319 Posts
May 29 2011 10:08 GMT
#678
i havent heard anything official about it. but alot of ppl are talking about it so i dono tbh. but since its a new seasson i cant see why there should be a ladder lock.
johanngrunt
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Hong Kong1555 Posts
May 29 2011 10:17 GMT
#679
On May 29 2011 19:08 IIIOmegaIII wrote:
i havent heard anything official about it. but alot of ppl are talking about it so i dono tbh. but since its a new seasson i cant see why there should be a ladder lock.


Got promoted to Diamond =) yay!
StrangrDangr
Profile Joined March 2011
United States291 Posts
May 29 2011 10:18 GMT
#680
The ladder lock was due to a problem regarding the Grandmaster league, there is a Blizzard post on the subject in the OP, but as it is resolved in all regions it no longer really matters.
"I'm on four gates, so technically if I don't win there is something wrong with this game." desrow
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2394
NotJumperer 11
Noble 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1077
NeuroSwarm198
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft205
Other Games
summit1g6748
Coldzera 785
JimRising 645
C9.Mang0324
PiGStarcraft286
ArmadaUGS36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick983
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream327
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo519
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 47m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 47m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.