• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:24
CEST 04:24
KST 11:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)24Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9919 users

Ladder locked? - Page 33

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 Next All
Lutto
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden198 Posts
May 26 2011 02:28 GMT
#641
On May 26 2011 11:21 skip89w6 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2011 11:13 Mindreaver wrote:
On May 26 2011 11:01 skip89w6 wrote:
has anyone got promoted in 4v4 randoms?


Yeah, just a few minutes ago



what about diamond to masters 4v4 random promotion?



im r1 daimond random 4v4 and been playing only master and i didnt get my promote :/
Lutto @ Battlenet
FrostFire626
Profile Joined April 2010
United States79 Posts
May 26 2011 03:27 GMT
#642
I got promoted to Diamond, but I am now getting +6 points per win, -18 points per loss. It was +12/-12 when I was stuck in platinum, so is this normal?
StrangrDangr
Profile Joined March 2011
United States291 Posts
May 26 2011 03:34 GMT
#643
So I know eveyone and their mother has posted about their promotions, but since I am oh so proud of my accomplishment I will add mine to the list. Lost my first game of the day, then won the next, waited for my promotion, it didn't come. I ended up going on a 5 game win streak before I got the promotion to diamond. So while I apparently was not yet owed a promotion like I thought, I was rather close to it. NA server if it matters.
"I'm on four gates, so technically if I don't win there is something wrong with this game." desrow
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
May 26 2011 03:42 GMT
#644
@FrostfireL yeah, its normal.

Btw, It seems that the promotion bug has been fixed in CN server. My friend was able to promote to Master 1v1 just less than half and our ago. We will try to get our 2v2 to promote today then I will report back.

Anyone can confirm with other server as well?
Terran
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
May 26 2011 03:56 GMT
#645
im currently rank 1 diamond, like 1250 points, played v masters for my last 30 games (im a masters player, but race switched and dropped to diamond, then started playing toss again and back to where i was just not promoted)


Also, MYM]Cloud is in diamond, like 1800 points rank 1 world, prob playing v top top masters players
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
Pam
Profile Joined May 2011
France33 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-26 04:22:18
May 26 2011 04:15 GMT
#646
The ladder system is unlocked
But I'm quite surprised by the amount of points I've lost due to promoting
I wanted to post on the blizzard forum, but each of my account with a starcraft 2 license is unable to post on their forum
I was platinum 1k9, I got promoted to diamond (I lost 1100 points), then to master (no point lost this time, I was afraid)
I'm matched up against 1K2+ master and gm players

The explanation I've found on the blizzard forum is this, so it seems pretty logical
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2592999457#7
The amount of bonus pool you have doesn't matter. The amount of points you get after a league change is equal to the amount of bonus pool you have spent so far plus 73.

There's no "point exchange rate" or anything like that.

I know the points on ladder don't mean much about skill, but it's quite deceiving to be under 1k point

Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
May 26 2011 04:20 GMT
#647
On May 26 2011 13:15 Pam wrote:
The ladder system is unlocked
But I'm quite surprised by the amount of points I've lost due to promoting
I wanted to post on the blizzard forum, but each of my account with a starcraft 2 license is unable to post on their forum
I was platinum 1k9, I got promoted to diamond (I lost 1100 points), then to master (no point lost this time, I was afraid)
I'm matched up against 1K2+ master and gm players

The explanation I've found on the blizzard forum is this, so it seems pretty logical
Show nested quote +
The amount of bonus pool you have doesn't matter. The amount of points you get after a league change is equal to the amount of bonus pool you have spent so far plus 73.

There's no "point exchange rate" or anything like that.

I know the points on ladder don't mean much about skill, but it's quite deceiving to be under 1k point



Yeah, that's all documented in the ladder guide here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=195273

(ps that was me I'm the guy whose post you quoted)
Moderator
HappyZerg
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany178 Posts
May 26 2011 06:04 GMT
#648
yeah is unlocked *cheer*

just got from bronze directly into gold

like it gl hf everyone
Follow me on Twitter twitter.com/Happy_Zerg
fauxreal
Profile Joined October 2010
United States67 Posts
May 26 2011 06:46 GMT
#649
Got promoted twice today, had to lose a bunch of games before promotion occured.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
May 26 2011 06:47 GMT
#650
Ladder unlocked promotion party!
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
SweetAs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
New Zealand290 Posts
May 26 2011 07:25 GMT
#651
Must be broken, my mate got promoted to masters with a 25 losses and 10 wins.. looool
CJ.sAviOr : oGsjookTo : mTwDIMAGA
genesis900
Profile Joined May 2011
17 Posts
May 26 2011 10:12 GMT
#652
pretty wierd, got 44-5 stats and only winning silver/gold players, and even this morning won 3 games and no promotion. Im rank 2 in bronze
lawl
gakkgakk
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Norway902 Posts
May 26 2011 10:14 GMT
#653
EU seems unlocked now. I know for a fact a buddy of mine just got promoted to GM.
A timing is a build done by a player you like. An allin is a build done by one you dont. -sOda~
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
May 26 2011 10:19 GMT
#654
All regions have been unlocked, it is confirmed.

Good luck everyone
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
May 26 2011 10:21 GMT
#655
On May 26 2011 19:12 genesis900 wrote:
pretty wierd, got 44-5 stats and only winning silver/gold players, and even this morning won 3 games and no promotion. Im rank 2 in bronze

You might need a loss or two before the system promotes you. Long win streaks often need a few losses before the system determines that you are fit for a promotion.

Anyways, just got promoted into Plat today after playing against Plat players for the past few weeks. Pretty good stuff this ladder unlock is.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
May 26 2011 11:50 GMT
#656
On May 26 2011 19:19 SDream wrote:
All regions have been unlocked, it is confirmed.

Good luck everyone

Could you confirm that with a source?
Avean
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway449 Posts
May 26 2011 12:04 GMT
#657
Yeah got promoted on EU just now. I know US got promotion unlocked yesterday.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-26 12:56:23
May 26 2011 12:21 GMT
#658
On May 26 2011 20:50 Gulzt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2011 19:19 SDream wrote:
All regions have been unlocked, it is confirmed.

Good luck everyone

Could you confirm that with a source?


I am sorry I have no blue post for you.

I personally saw at least 1 promotion for each of the 8 regions, that is enough to know it's working in all regions.

Edit:

Actually there was a blue post here:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2580698045
Gulzt
Profile Joined August 2009
Netherlands275 Posts
May 26 2011 12:22 GMT
#659
On May 26 2011 21:04 Avean wrote:
Yeah got promoted on EU just now. I know US got promotion unlocked yesterday.

Great, I'll try it as soon as I'm home
Superpower
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia212 Posts
May 26 2011 12:29 GMT
#660
Sea is unlocked my friend got promoted, demoted, promoted, demoted, and promoted again from bronze - silver so i know its good on SEA
Taeja <3
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 148
Nina 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12277
Rain 2154
Artosis 687
Dewaltoss 34
NaDa 30
Bale 22
Noble 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever464
NeuroSwarm169
League of Legends
Doublelift5237
Counter-Strike
taco 621
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1553
ArmadaUGS285
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1345
WinterStarcraft559
Other Games
summit1g8252
JimRising 630
PiGStarcraft359
C9.Mang0213
Maynarde166
ViBE113
ZombieGrub11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick885
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 36m
OSC
10h 36m
Stellar Fest
10h 36m
OSC
21h 36m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.