• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10073 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 69

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 74 Next
Alexj
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Ukraine440 Posts
June 29 2012 16:00 GMT
#1361
On June 29 2012 21:22 D4V3Z02 wrote:
A Razer mouse gives no advantage compared to another mouse, its more personal favour(Also it doesnt change the game). My point is your not playing the same game with the same rules as your oppenent.

This mod doesn't change any rules, it only changes visuals
More GGs, more skill
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
June 29 2012 16:12 GMT
#1362
I actually don't like this personally, it feels garish to me.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Adersick
Profile Joined July 2011
United States216 Posts
June 29 2012 18:17 GMT
#1363
Just got done playing a few matches after installing, here are some of my thoughts:

1.) Install manually, if you're used to any mods in SC2 you likely already have an MPQ editor and it's a straightforward process without some of the snags that the auto-intaller has (but it is very nice that there is an option for it :D)
2.) The colors are more appreciable the higher your graphics settings (streamed a bit, so I set my graphics settings lower for better performance but the colors didn't pop like they do on high/ultra settings), which is understandable
3.) It has been mentioned before, but some units could use a few touching up (I only notice the ghost, but some say Immortal and DT as well), simply because the mod is so stellar in making the other units have their own "glow" the few that don't seem to fade in the background.

All in all, I am very happy with this mod, it makes playing seem a little more fresh (it's only a cosmetic change, but I do enjoy it), and spectating remarkably more enjoyable (I actually managed to draw a crowd of about 5 in my apartment wanting to see me ladder, quite flattering really).

Fantastic work, I certainly look forward to the HotS version when that comes out! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some laddering to do (in fantastic STC-o-vision!).
Deadlift
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States358 Posts
June 29 2012 19:15 GMT
#1364
Started a thread with this poll that got closed for being a "poll thread." I assume it's ok to have polls in threads though.

Poll: Should MLG use the color mod for tournaments?

Yes (135)
 
51%

No (132)
 
49%

267 total votes

Your vote: Should MLG use the color mod for tournaments?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No


Gullen95
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark20 Posts
June 29 2012 19:26 GMT
#1365
Couldn't a mod like this make it easier to see stealthed units? Which would be wrong.. It would be nice if Blizzard added a feature like this
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
June 29 2012 19:27 GMT
#1366
The more I watch games with this mod the more I like it. I don't know how to install it on mac though. If anyone knew how I could use it their help would be much appreciated.
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
Ketch
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands7285 Posts
June 29 2012 19:32 GMT
#1367
I like the mod a lot in TSL, but I feel that the banelings are too much alike glowing lightbulbs! Otherwise, exemplary job!
Murkury
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada63 Posts
June 29 2012 19:37 GMT
#1368
On June 30 2012 04:26 Gullen95 wrote:
Couldn't a mod like this make it easier to see stealthed units? Which would be wrong.. It would be nice if Blizzard added a feature like this


No. This mod does not make it any easier to see units when they are cloaked.
"VRAUUUUUUOOO" - Overlord
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
June 29 2012 19:39 GMT
#1369
On June 30 2012 04:37 Murkury wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2012 04:26 Gullen95 wrote:
Couldn't a mod like this make it easier to see stealthed units? Which would be wrong.. It would be nice if Blizzard added a feature like this


No. This mod does not make it any easier to see units when they are cloaked.

Units that are cloaked still have models however so it would be very possible to create a mod that did make it easier to see stealth units (mostly observers) right?
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
conz
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom163 Posts
June 29 2012 20:15 GMT
#1370
On June 30 2012 04:39 Maxd11 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2012 04:37 Murkury wrote:
On June 30 2012 04:26 Gullen95 wrote:
Couldn't a mod like this make it easier to see stealthed units? Which would be wrong.. It would be nice if Blizzard added a feature like this


No. This mod does not make it any easier to see units when they are cloaked.

Units that are cloaked still have models however so it would be very possible to create a mod that did make it easier to see stealth units (mostly observers) right?



That's borderline cheating.
TheRealDude: you were lucky you scouted
forsakeNXE
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany539 Posts
June 30 2012 13:49 GMT
#1371
I do not like these really glowing banelings, everything else is fine so a bit darker version of banelingglow and i am happy =)
Let's learn together!
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
June 30 2012 13:59 GMT
#1372
I think that the colors are TOO strong atm.
Zerg buildings look terrible and disgusting, Zerglings became super-colored bugs, banelings are too golwy, etc.
It actually makes it harder to dinguish units from themselves, really. You can't count how many banelings a player have. All you know is that he has a ball of glowy stuff.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
June 30 2012 14:01 GMT
#1373
a ball of glowy stuff.

Laugthed much

Well, there must be new version of STC mod, that is weaker, than this, but stronger, than default ingame color scheme
haaz
Profile Joined May 2010
157 Posts
June 30 2012 18:05 GMT
#1374
How can I install only the "Classic BW Probe" mod?
The instruction of installation seems outdated (it doesnt work).

btw. I am on enGB version of the game

anyone?
temp banned: 2 warnings: 8, my little achievments 8), last update: 23-05-2013
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
June 30 2012 18:16 GMT
#1375
On July 01 2012 03:05 haaz wrote:
How can I install only the "Classic BW Probe" mod?
The instruction of installation seems outdated (it doesnt work).

btw. I am on enGB version of the game

anyone?

Add new bw-probe files into enGB.sc2assets, located in Mods/Liberty.sc2mod/
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 30 2012 18:17 GMT
#1376
On June 30 2012 04:15 Deadlift wrote:
Started a thread with this poll that got closed for being a "poll thread." I assume it's ok to have polls in threads though.

Poll: Should MLG use the color mod for tournaments?

Yes (135)
 
51%

No (132)
 
49%

267 total votes

Your vote: Should MLG use the color mod for tournaments?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No




I was recently at a SC2/Lol event in Pomona. When SC2 was played, I heard the Lol fans talking about watching SC2. There were complaints about it being boring in the beginning, and about not really getting what's going on(makes sense if you don't play or watch). But one complaint I heard was how weak the colors were, and it wasn't even a mirror match. It simply wasn't easy on the eyes for new viewers to say purple is attacking blue because the colors seem very weak. Now, I also think they could have turned off more of the lights to make the video a bit less faded, and playing on a dark map doesn't help, but I'm convinced that my mod would have helped a lot in keeping track of things, especially for new viewers.
Kill the Deathball
nafta
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria18893 Posts
June 30 2012 19:12 GMT
#1377
On July 01 2012 03:17 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2012 04:15 Deadlift wrote:
Started a thread with this poll that got closed for being a "poll thread." I assume it's ok to have polls in threads though.

Poll: Should MLG use the color mod for tournaments?

Yes (135)
 
51%

No (132)
 
49%

267 total votes

Your vote: Should MLG use the color mod for tournaments?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No




I was recently at a SC2/Lol event in Pomona. When SC2 was played, I heard the Lol fans talking about watching SC2. There were complaints about it being boring in the beginning, and about not really getting what's going on(makes sense if you don't play or watch). But one complaint I heard was how weak the colors were, and it wasn't even a mirror match. It simply wasn't easy on the eyes for new viewers to say purple is attacking blue because the colors seem very weak. Now, I also think they could have turned off more of the lights to make the video a bit less faded, and playing on a dark map doesn't help, but I'm convinced that my mod would have helped a lot in keeping track of things, especially for new viewers.


Or they can just be blue/red?
sheaRZerg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States613 Posts
June 30 2012 19:49 GMT
#1378
After playing a game as zerg I can say I like the mod in general, but the banelings are waaaay over the top. They hurt my eyes.
"Dude, just don't listen to what I say; listen to what I mean." -Sean Plott
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
June 30 2012 22:20 GMT
#1379
On July 01 2012 04:12 nafta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2012 03:17 pzea469 wrote:
On June 30 2012 04:15 Deadlift wrote:
Started a thread with this poll that got closed for being a "poll thread." I assume it's ok to have polls in threads though.

Poll: Should MLG use the color mod for tournaments?

Yes (135)
 
51%

No (132)
 
49%

267 total votes

Your vote: Should MLG use the color mod for tournaments?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No




I was recently at a SC2/Lol event in Pomona. When SC2 was played, I heard the Lol fans talking about watching SC2. There were complaints about it being boring in the beginning, and about not really getting what's going on(makes sense if you don't play or watch). But one complaint I heard was how weak the colors were, and it wasn't even a mirror match. It simply wasn't easy on the eyes for new viewers to say purple is attacking blue because the colors seem very weak. Now, I also think they could have turned off more of the lights to make the video a bit less faded, and playing on a dark map doesn't help, but I'm convinced that my mod would have helped a lot in keeping track of things, especially for new viewers.


Or they can just be blue/red?


True, that those colors might be better than blue vs purple for most people, but being limited to certain colors kinda sucks. Obviously picking blue vs light blue isn't smart, but purple vs blue should work. Forcing players to always pick red and blue makes the game a bit more stale when it doesn't need to be that way.

About banelings being too strong, I'll definitely look at toning it down for HOTS when beta kicks in. The opinions i got when i made them were that the brighter the better for banelings, since mirror matches in ZvZ could get really frustrating, but now that time has passed it might very well be too much.
Kill the Deathball
Torrathyr
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada95 Posts
July 03 2012 21:50 GMT
#1380
I'm a mac user, and the manual install hit a wall when the mpq editor that I got (in the manual install walkthrough) didn't work.
Am I just doing this wrong? Or is the mpq editor in the walkthrough incompatible for macs?

Can a mac user that has gotten this to work pm me please? ;-;
Talent < Skill < Practice < Dedication
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 464
ViBE93
Nina 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17735
Soulkey 202
White-Ra 195
Mini 164
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever215
League of Legends
Doublelift3271
Counter-Strike
fl0m1389
C9.Mang0176
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4958
Khaldor1833
Liquid`Hasu1271
Trikslyr43
Other Games
summit1g5527
ArmadaUGS3112
shahzam500
Pyrionflax159
ZombieGrub86
Mew2King64
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream114
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 32
• davetesta21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• HerbMon 7
• Azhi_Dahaki0
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1103
• imaqtpie1062
• Shiphtur269
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 24m
OSC
15h 24m
Stellar Fest
15h 24m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.