• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:09
CEST 16:09
KST 23:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8480 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 70

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 74 Next
1st_Panzer_Div.
Profile Joined November 2010
United States621 Posts
July 03 2012 22:00 GMT
#1381
On June 30 2012 01:12 Whitewing wrote:
I actually don't like this personally, it feels garish to me.


As a player, it's useful, though I don't use anymore out of the .00000000001% chance they ban people for using the stronger color mod (lol).

As a spectator though, I hate it. The game has pretty slick graphics already at max settings, I really hate watching games with this enabled.
Manager, Team RIP ZeeZ
Usagi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Spain1647 Posts
July 03 2012 22:03 GMT
#1382
On July 04 2012 07:00 1st_Panzer_Div. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2012 01:12 Whitewing wrote:
I actually don't like this personally, it feels garish to me.


As a player, it's useful, though I don't use anymore out of the .00000000001% chance they ban people for using the stronger color mod (lol).

As a spectator though, I hate it. The game has pretty slick graphics already at max settings, I really hate watching games with this enabled.

I dont care much about terrans with this.
Zergs however get very ugly in my eyes
Maxd11
Profile Joined July 2011
United States680 Posts
July 03 2012 22:04 GMT
#1383
On July 04 2012 06:50 Torrathyr wrote:
I'm a mac user, and the manual install hit a wall when the mpq editor that I got (in the manual install walkthrough) didn't work.
Am I just doing this wrong? Or is the mpq editor in the walkthrough incompatible for macs?

Can a mac user that has gotten this to work pm me please? ;-;

if someone does figure it out it should be added to the OP or at least posted so other mac users can use this awesome mod.
I looked in the mirror and saw biupilm69t
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 03 2012 22:09 GMT
#1384
On July 04 2012 07:04 Maxd11 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 06:50 Torrathyr wrote:
I'm a mac user, and the manual install hit a wall when the mpq editor that I got (in the manual install walkthrough) didn't work.
Am I just doing this wrong? Or is the mpq editor in the walkthrough incompatible for macs?

Can a mac user that has gotten this to work pm me please? ;-;

if someone does figure it out it should be added to the OP or at least posted so other mac users can use this awesome mod.


The only way for it to work is to take the mpq file of a windows user who has the mod installed and replace it with your mac mpq file. At least that should work. I've tried uploading my whole mpq but it always fails, and i've tried uploading it in different sites. The mod used to work on macs but that was back when you didn't need mpq editing for it to work. Now Blizz changed it and the mac install problems begin I'm sorry, but if you have a windows friend, that would probably be the best way to try to get it working.
Kill the Deathball
Arcus
Profile Joined June 2011
United States32 Posts
July 03 2012 22:44 GMT
#1385
On July 04 2012 07:03 Usagi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 07:00 1st_Panzer_Div. wrote:
On June 30 2012 01:12 Whitewing wrote:
I actually don't like this personally, it feels garish to me.


As a player, it's useful, though I don't use anymore out of the .00000000001% chance they ban people for using the stronger color mod (lol).

As a spectator though, I hate it. The game has pretty slick graphics already at max settings, I really hate watching games with this enabled.

I dont care much about terrans with this.
Zergs however get very ugly in my eyes

Yea without a doubt this is one of my least favorite mods that the SC2 community has made. It's like someone just slapped a huge bucket of paint on the units, and it looks really terrible. I really hope tournaments don't start using this. Unlike what iNcontroL said on one of the SotG episodes, "It's not like anyone is gonna fight you for using this mod", I will in fact fight to stop this mod becoming popular on tournament streams
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 03 2012 23:02 GMT
#1386
On July 04 2012 07:44 Arcus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 07:03 Usagi wrote:
On July 04 2012 07:00 1st_Panzer_Div. wrote:
On June 30 2012 01:12 Whitewing wrote:
I actually don't like this personally, it feels garish to me.


As a player, it's useful, though I don't use anymore out of the .00000000001% chance they ban people for using the stronger color mod (lol).

As a spectator though, I hate it. The game has pretty slick graphics already at max settings, I really hate watching games with this enabled.

I dont care much about terrans with this.
Zergs however get very ugly in my eyes

Yea without a doubt this is one of my least favorite mods that the SC2 community has made. It's like someone just slapped a huge bucket of paint on the units, and it looks really terrible. I really hope tournaments don't start using this. Unlike what iNcontroL said on one of the SotG episodes, "It's not like anyone is gonna fight you for using this mod", I will in fact fight to stop this mod becoming popular on tournament streams


There were good reasons for this. The only unit that should really seem painted on should be the zergling. And this is because it's so small and on lower quality streams it seemed to have weaker color than other units. This makes it clear as day. I hope you're not judging it off the old youtube video because in that video zerg was definitely more painted on. Banelings might shine too much but at the time I was pretty encouraged to make them glow a ton due to frustration in zvz matches. Anyways I'll get back to updating this for Hots beta. I've been out of the SC2 scene for quite a while.
Kill the Deathball
Spaceboy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom220 Posts
July 03 2012 23:31 GMT
#1387
I love the banelings! They're like little glowing balls of neon wonderfulness :D The pink ones especially look like they will explode with candyfloss, yummy!
I am terrible at this game!
spyyder
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1 Post
July 04 2012 03:37 GMT
#1388
Modified the color mod for my own use, maybe someone else will want to use it. I changed most zerg stuff, less color on buildings and units and less wattage on the banelings.

Pics
http://imgur.com/a/dBUDa

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?69dw9skgs1zdt5c

Use the manual install method.
Areon
Profile Joined November 2010
United States273 Posts
July 04 2012 03:43 GMT
#1389
Aside from the fact that Extractors look like alien circus tents and most of everyone is going to shit bricks when they first see it, this is such an improvement that it would be a sin for Blizzard to not incorporate something of this degree in HotS. Maybe tone down the Extractors a bit though?
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 04 2012 03:46 GMT
#1390
On July 04 2012 12:43 Areon wrote:
Aside from the fact that Extractors look like alien circus tents and most of everyone is going to shit bricks when they first see it, this is such an improvement that it would be a sin for Blizzard to not incorporate something of this degree in HotS. Maybe tone down the Extractors a bit though?


lol i laughed. Good feedback.
Kill the Deathball
Arcus
Profile Joined June 2011
United States32 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 05:07:39
July 04 2012 05:07 GMT
#1391
On July 04 2012 08:02 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2012 07:44 Arcus wrote:
On July 04 2012 07:03 Usagi wrote:
On July 04 2012 07:00 1st_Panzer_Div. wrote:
On June 30 2012 01:12 Whitewing wrote:
I actually don't like this personally, it feels garish to me.


As a player, it's useful, though I don't use anymore out of the .00000000001% chance they ban people for using the stronger color mod (lol).

As a spectator though, I hate it. The game has pretty slick graphics already at max settings, I really hate watching games with this enabled.

I dont care much about terrans with this.
Zergs however get very ugly in my eyes

Yea without a doubt this is one of my least favorite mods that the SC2 community has made. It's like someone just slapped a huge bucket of paint on the units, and it looks really terrible. I really hope tournaments don't start using this. Unlike what iNcontroL said on one of the SotG episodes, "It's not like anyone is gonna fight you for using this mod", I will in fact fight to stop this mod becoming popular on tournament streams


There were good reasons for this. The only unit that should really seem painted on should be the zergling. And this is because it's so small and on lower quality streams it seemed to have weaker color than other units. This makes it clear as day. I hope you're not judging it off the old youtube video because in that video zerg was definitely more painted on. Banelings might shine too much but at the time I was pretty encouraged to make them glow a ton due to frustration in zvz matches. Anyways I'll get back to updating this for Hots beta. I've been out of the SC2 scene for quite a while.

It just looks really cartoon-y to me. I think the way the mod should be implemented is making the units more of that color, kind of like if you highlighted the unit in blue or yellow or something. Because right now it just seems that the units have one big solid stripe of color across their bodies.
ElvisTek
Profile Joined August 2011
Venezuela169 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 18:01:58
July 04 2012 17:55 GMT
#1392
Can someone teach me how to create my own color mod? ... I like the baneling stuff but the zerg buildings are just horrible :S .... how can i modify it?

thanks


@Spyyder .. your banelings look cool ... your mod is great but the spawning pool looks quite lame
Yep.. I'm noob :) and happy to be one!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 04 2012 19:16 GMT
#1393
It's interesting, this isn't the type of feedback I've gotten before. I guess it really does need to be toned down then. Just make sure not to play with Alt+F on since Alt+F not just changes your colors but also intensifies them quite a bit.
Kill the Deathball
t0k3n98
Profile Joined June 2011
United States27 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 19:53:28
July 04 2012 19:50 GMT
#1394
edited for deletion please
Arcus
Profile Joined June 2011
United States32 Posts
July 04 2012 19:53 GMT
#1395
On July 05 2012 04:16 pzea469 wrote:
It's interesting, this isn't the type of feedback I've gotten before. I guess it really does need to be toned down then. Just make sure not to play with Alt+F on since Alt+F not just changes your colors but also intensifies them quite a bit.

That's some good advice. I don't think this is really a bad mod, cuz in some of the ZvZ battles it is quite hard to see who's ling is who's and the color mod helps with that. I just believe there is a better way to go about it, and to not make it too intense. I think the banelings are done well and pretty much all of the Terran race, but it seems like buildings for Zerg have too much color and I can't really comment on Protoss. I don't remember them too much, sorry. I look forward to the new editions
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 04 2012 20:00 GMT
#1396
On July 05 2012 04:53 Arcus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2012 04:16 pzea469 wrote:
It's interesting, this isn't the type of feedback I've gotten before. I guess it really does need to be toned down then. Just make sure not to play with Alt+F on since Alt+F not just changes your colors but also intensifies them quite a bit.

That's some good advice. I don't think this is really a bad mod, cuz in some of the ZvZ battles it is quite hard to see who's ling is who's and the color mod helps with that. I just believe there is a better way to go about it, and to not make it too intense. I think the banelings are done well and pretty much all of the Terran race, but it seems like buildings for Zerg have too much color and I can't really comment on Protoss. I don't remember them too much, sorry. I look forward to the new editions


Yeah you're probably right. There was a lot of things I wanted to try but i'm very limited to the current tools available. When the Startools come out, I'd like to think we're all going to see a lot of cool stuff come out from the community.
Kill the Deathball
CrtBalorda
Profile Joined December 2011
Slovenia704 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 20:07:40
July 04 2012 20:07 GMT
#1397
Guys zerg is already ugly.

In fact the entire game lost its dark theme from sc:bw T.T

Which, pretty much, makes zerg ugly. So I dont really care how much more silly the game looks, the color mod is fine and adds a lot of verithy lol.

I play on low, watch on ultra, and watch on ultra with the color mod :D

4th August 2012...Never forget.....
Spectreman
Profile Joined February 2012
Brazil52 Posts
July 04 2012 21:21 GMT
#1398
I would prefer a little more different tone, but not so radical color change. I am colorblind and when playing against mirror races is sometimes very hard to know what are my units and what are enemy. In PvP fights I wait for the battle ends and if I can select and move the survival units I think "yeah, I win"
Limelights
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States219 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-04 21:44:44
July 04 2012 21:29 GMT
#1399
How do I uninstall the color mod? I've played with it for a few months now and quite frankly, i'm sick of looking at it, haha.

Edit: I found how to uninstall, you have to use the auto-installer and click the restore button. You should add this to the OP as well as how to manually uninstall.
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
July 04 2012 21:39 GMT
#1400
On July 04 2012 12:37 spyyder wrote:
Modified the color mod for my own use, maybe someone else will want to use it. I changed most zerg stuff, less color on buildings and units and less wattage on the banelings.

Pics
http://imgur.com/a/dBUDa

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?69dw9skgs1zdt5c

Use the manual install method.

Could you please provide pictures with higher ingame settings?
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
Prev 1 68 69 70 71 72 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1278
ComeBackTV 527
SteadfastSC450
TaKeTV 402
LamboSC2276
Rex132
IndyStarCraft 130
EnkiAlexander 35
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 438
LamboSC2 285
ProTech150
Rex 145
IndyStarCraft 132
BRAT_OK 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34772
Shuttle 2682
Bisu 956
Jaedong 805
Horang2 769
EffOrt 762
Light 650
Soma 563
Mini 557
Stork 333
[ Show more ]
BeSt 315
firebathero 299
Hyuk 233
Rush 204
ggaemo 204
Snow 187
ZerO 186
Zeus 156
Leta 104
Pusan 77
Killer 77
hero 71
sorry 58
Shine 43
Sharp 42
Mind 35
Shinee 34
Mong 34
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 26
soO 25
Sexy 23
Bale 23
Yoon 22
Trap 22
NotJumperer 19
Terrorterran 18
Free 15
Sacsri 10
Icarus 9
JulyZerg 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
zelot 6
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc9449
qojqva1022
Dendi843
Fuzer 186
420jenkins96
Counter-Strike
markeloff117
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1992
crisheroes1201
XaKoH 159
Other Games
gofns36843
singsing2011
B2W.Neo930
Mlord298
Hui .176
Liquid`VortiX150
ToD117
Mew2King106
ArmadaUGS100
QueenE93
ZerO(Twitch)15
Chillindude14
Railgan13
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1992
League of Legends
• Nemesis2415
• Jankos2174
• TFBlade814
Other Games
• WagamamaTV181
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 51m
Stellar Fest
22h 51m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.