• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:52
CEST 12:52
KST 19:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8876 users

GSTL more exciting than individual GSL? - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Raiznhell
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada786 Posts
March 25 2011 20:35 GMT
#301
On March 25 2011 08:45 Wargizmo wrote:

I voted GSTL, but after watching GSTL last night I have to point out the one MASSIVE disadvantage of team league is the huge 10-20 minute wait between games. Obviously a lot of last night was caused by Bnet, but even without that, the fact that getting a new player in before each game to set up all their gear is actually really annoying, especially when the games themselves are often 5 minutes long. Individual league has the big advantage in that you know who's playing the next match so they can set up in the other booths while the first game is being played.



You don't get hyped up by that?

OMG I friggin love when they pick the player and they get up and walk into the booth with that awesome song playing (which by the way I'd appreciate anyone who knows the name of that song that played each time a new player was chosen to let me know what it is xD).

I get so hyped I feel like a monkey is randomly going to jump into my window and steal my eyes right out of their sockets and leave.

Especially when they pick Nerd Killers like MMA and such who just look at the screen like an assassin looking at his next victim.
Cake or Death?
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
March 25 2011 20:42 GMT
#302
On March 26 2011 05:35 Raiznhell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:45 Wargizmo wrote:

I voted GSTL, but after watching GSTL last night I have to point out the one MASSIVE disadvantage of team league is the huge 10-20 minute wait between games. Obviously a lot of last night was caused by Bnet, but even without that, the fact that getting a new player in before each game to set up all their gear is actually really annoying, especially when the games themselves are often 5 minutes long. Individual league has the big advantage in that you know who's playing the next match so they can set up in the other booths while the first game is being played.



You don't get hyped up by that?

OMG I friggin love when they pick the player and they get up and walk into the booth with that awesome song playing (which by the way I'd appreciate anyone who knows the name of that song that played each time a new player was chosen to let me know what it is xD).

I get so hyped I feel like a monkey is randomly going to jump into my window and steal my eyes right out of their sockets and leave.

Especially when they pick Nerd Killers like MMA and such who just look at the screen like an assassin looking at his next victim.


Its more like, A new player stands up.....cut to commercial. 10 minutes later the game starts, which is kind of annoying I suppose.
WriterXiao8~~
xlat
Profile Joined August 2010
176 Posts
March 25 2011 21:03 GMT
#303
in sc2 im still in the phase where just a good game is enough to keep me happy where as in bw that isnt enough, i want my favorite team or players to play to keep me interested.

and for that pl is better than the individual leagues, imo, more games and more excitement.

so i hope that sc2 moves towards a pl, that would be awesome and i am very happy that gom has taken the first steps towards it. last gstl was awesome!
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 25 2011 21:10 GMT
#304
On March 25 2011 08:45 Wargizmo wrote:

I voted GSTL, but after watching GSTL last night I have to point out the one MASSIVE disadvantage of team league is the huge 10-20 minute wait between games. Obviously a lot of last night was caused by Bnet, but even without that, the fact that getting a new player in before each game to set up all their gear is actually really annoying, especially when the games themselves are often 5 minutes long. Individual league has the big advantage in that you know who's playing the next match so they can set up in the other booths while the first game is being played.


Well, the abnormally long wait time may just be a phenomenon confined to SlayerS.

According to the GSTL2 winner's interview:
Compared to the other teams, SlayerS’ players took an abnormal amount of set up time.

Cella: We wanted to allow the players to perform in the most perfect conditions and to allow them to play to their fullest.

Boxer: I apologize if the other teams thought it was disrespectful and in the next league we’ll make sure to compensate. I think it was result of poor communication.

On the other hand, I don't think the wait times will have an issue on the VODs, which probably edited them out.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 21:14:44
March 25 2011 21:13 GMT
#305
On March 26 2011 06:10 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:45 Wargizmo wrote:

I voted GSTL, but after watching GSTL last night I have to point out the one MASSIVE disadvantage of team league is the huge 10-20 minute wait between games. Obviously a lot of last night was caused by Bnet, but even without that, the fact that getting a new player in before each game to set up all their gear is actually really annoying, especially when the games themselves are often 5 minutes long. Individual league has the big advantage in that you know who's playing the next match so they can set up in the other booths while the first game is being played.


Well, the abnormally long wait time may just be a phenomenon confined to SlayerS.

According to the GSTL2 winner's interview:
Show nested quote +
Compared to the other teams, SlayerS’ players took an abnormal amount of set up time.

Cella: We wanted to allow the players to perform in the most perfect conditions and to allow them to play to their fullest.

Boxer: I apologize if the other teams thought it was disrespectful and in the next league we’ll make sure to compensate. I think it was result of poor communication.

On the other hand, I don't think the wait times will have an issue on the VODs, which probably edited them out.


Vods(atleast the Korean, so I suppose the english neither) don't contain the wait times, I can confirm.

PS: game 1 with Alicia was so good after watching it again.
WriterXiao8~~
TheLight
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia410 Posts
March 25 2011 21:16 GMT
#306
On March 25 2011 08:45 Wargizmo wrote:

Vods(atleast the Korean, so I suppose the english neither) don't contain the wait times, I can confirm.

PS: game 1 with Alicia was so good after watching it again.


They edited out the wait times in the English VOD as well as the whole Ganzi DC. I was damm confused when I first came to the live report thread afterwards.
A marine walks into a bar and asks: Where's the counter?
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
March 25 2011 21:17 GMT
#307
On March 26 2011 06:16 TheLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:45 Wargizmo wrote:

Vods(atleast the Korean, so I suppose the english neither) don't contain the wait times, I can confirm.

PS: game 1 with Alicia was so good after watching it again.


They edited out the wait times in the English VOD as well as the whole Ganzi DC. I was damm confused when I first came to the live report thread afterwards.


Ow yea, I even kinda forgot about the Ganzi DC rofl, yea the VODS don't contain that either.
WriterXiao8~~
Wochtulka
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic66 Posts
March 25 2011 21:17 GMT
#308
GSTL is way more dramatic and shows more personality to players IMO
Zevah
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Argentina187 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 21:18:20
March 25 2011 21:18 GMT
#309
Finals were SOOO amazing. my votes goes to GSTL hand down.

+ Show Spoiler +
I was sooooooooooo hyped on MVP vs MMA :D
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
March 25 2011 21:18 GMT
#310
On March 26 2011 06:16 TheLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:45 Wargizmo wrote:

Vods(atleast the Korean, so I suppose the english neither) don't contain the wait times, I can confirm.

PS: game 1 with Alicia was so good after watching it again.


They edited out the wait times in the English VOD as well as the whole Ganzi DC. I was damm confused when I first came to the live report thread afterwards.

Awww, really?

I missed the entire Finals due to sleep, and sometimes, I want an unedited version of the VOD so that I can experience the full drama of these DC events and perhaps listen to some more of Tasteless's "vehicle of e-sports" speech.

Oh well. At least the games were awesome :D
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
TR
Profile Joined February 2011
2320 Posts
March 25 2011 21:21 GMT
#311
I like both but i think last GSTL season was better than last GSL season. Both are nice imo !
MeteorMash
Profile Joined April 2010
United States54 Posts
March 25 2011 21:21 GMT
#312
On March 24 2011 00:06 Shinobi1982 wrote:
If people wanted teamgames there would be pro 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 tournaments. Do you currently see any? Face it the top players in each team will mostly dislike the idea where mediocre players would love the idea to have an opportunity to win titles with their team based game.

In the end you will get shoved single player or team games by the biggest organization. And either you love it or hate it, you will have to accept it. Imo Sc/2 is a single player competitive game.

Will probably get a lot flames for saying this...

User was warned for this post


Just gonna quote this guy cuz everyone else did. Anyway I like the GSTL way better because you get to see a lot of talent from players who haven't been able to really make a splash in the GSL, i.e. SlayerS_MMA
The only STD I'm ever going to get is carpal tunnel syndrome.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
March 25 2011 21:22 GMT
#313
On March 26 2011 06:16 TheLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:45 Wargizmo wrote:

Vods(atleast the Korean, so I suppose the english neither) don't contain the wait times, I can confirm.

PS: game 1 with Alicia was so good after watching it again.


They edited out the wait times in the English VOD as well as the whole Ganzi DC. I was damm confused when I first came to the live report thread afterwards.


Ow yea, I even kinda forgot about the Ganzi DC rofl, yea the VODS don't contain that either.
WriterXiao8~~
RHoudini
Profile Joined October 2009
Belgium3628 Posts
March 25 2011 23:11 GMT
#314
Both GSTL seasons have been awesome.
Way more fun than the individual GSL.
Lee Jae Dong fighting!
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
March 25 2011 23:14 GMT
#315
MVP vs MMA was the most tense SC I've ever seen. For the first time ever E-Sports kinda felt like real sports to me.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
March 25 2011 23:21 GMT
#316
I hate the all-kill format. It's very exciting, but I don't want to get burned out on it. To be honest, I like the Proleauge format, where it normally has the standard preset 1v1s with ace match (though all the changes have pretty much fucked that), then the round in the middle with the independent Winner's League.

Back on topic, GSTL was definitely more fun to watch than the GSL. I hope they can set up something, once there are enough strong teams out there, to have something as large in scope as the Proleague. It would definitely be fun.

Also, moving into a studio like the OGN one, which is more geared for having actual in-studio viewers, would be awesome as well.
Hello
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
March 25 2011 23:25 GMT
#317
If GSTL started doing 2v2s, like Proleague used to, I would definitely purchase the GOM season tickets.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
March 25 2011 23:32 GMT
#318
down for some 2v2 action
CursedFeanor
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada539 Posts
March 25 2011 23:35 GMT
#319
I wish GSTL lasted longer than a single week... it's really an awesome show! For example, each matchup between 2 players could be a Bo3 instead of BO1.
starhunk
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada84 Posts
March 25 2011 23:39 GMT
#320
what is that song that was that they played after slayers won
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko201
SpeCial 69
ProTech13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16997
firebathero 2288
Bisu 876
Hyuk 670
Horang2 493
Larva 239
BeSt 235
Light 159
Mini 144
EffOrt 142
[ Show more ]
Soma 122
Leta 89
Rush 85
Barracks 77
Pusan 61
ZerO 58
Killer 54
ToSsGirL 50
Sharp 48
Mong 45
Yoon 40
Aegong 32
Shinee 31
Sexy 28
Mind 27
NaDa 27
Bale 20
sorry 17
Hm[arnc] 17
Sacsri 16
JulyZerg 13
Noble 11
zelot 11
Terrorterran 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 364
Fuzer 178
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss967
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1017
crisheroes918
Other Games
gofns28977
singsing1743
olofmeister1181
B2W.Neo171
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS52
Livibee47
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream179
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH93
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 9m
OSC
11h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 9m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.