• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:35
CEST 05:35
KST 12:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8820 users

Official GSL commentator's thoughts on GSL Game #3 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
September 25 2010 20:47 GMT
#41
On September 26 2010 02:53 AssuredVacancy wrote:
Wow I had no idea korean commentators possess this amount of sc knowledge to analyse the game this deeply. Makes me wish that I could understand korean commentary...


thankfully they improved with sc2, in bw commentary they were completely rubbish.
Commentator
SeaSmoke
Profile Joined July 2010
United States326 Posts
September 25 2010 20:47 GMT
#42
I agree, it was definitely a comeback, but not as wild as it seemed on the cast. Tastosis, rightfully, focused on the Cool's base and we saw drones being roasted and great banshee harass. But seeing this view from the T perspective, it seems Cool was not that far behind at all.

Anyway a great series and I'm so glad I won't get pooped on for saying ultras work well vs mass Thor
cyclone25
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Romania3344 Posts
September 25 2010 20:57 GMT
#43
Not saying the match was fixed, but why didn't TOP dropped a thor at Cool's natural???
This is a very common technique on kulas and lt, and there was no way he could have defended that because the rocks were full hp and he only had some roaches/lings.
As Cool said, he was waiting for TOP to finish him while he took the risk to pump drones (with almost no defense) and type gg. But TOP never did that ...
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-25 21:02:38
September 25 2010 21:02 GMT
#44
Thanx for translating this, it was a great game, ultralisk bug has nothing to do with his g3 win I think, but has at least a little something to do with his g1 win. (top nearly defended the ultrapush, but the fact that cool began to attack the wall instead of the units made a giant "no man's land" like a half screen size where every terran unit is nearly instant dying. That gave him the edge he needed to win. (but top could have repelled this and lost later, we'll never know))
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
September 25 2010 21:06 GMT
#45
very interesting game indeed...
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
September 25 2010 21:10 GMT
#46
And this my friends, is why the Koreans are good at Starcraft.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
September 25 2010 21:14 GMT
#47
On September 26 2010 02:53 AssuredVacancy wrote:
Wow I had no idea korean commentators possess this amount of sc knowledge to analyse the game this deeply. Makes me wish that I could understand korean commentary...


Yeah tbh, lets imagine tasteless or artosis doing the same... not going to happen. Just trying to tell us constantly how 'high level' the game is without any real insight.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
September 25 2010 21:18 GMT
#48
When I was watching this game I was wondering why 250mm Strike Cannons weren't used. Everyone says they're useless because of no stun, but they do 500 damage, Ultralisk have 500 hp. Ultralisk will survive due to regeneration still it seems like a lot of damage. I don't have any experience vs mass Thors I'm just wondering why it wasn't used and if it really is that useless.
leakingpear
Profile Joined March 2006
United Kingdom302 Posts
September 25 2010 21:19 GMT
#49
On September 26 2010 06:14 infinity2k9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 02:53 AssuredVacancy wrote:
Wow I had no idea korean commentators possess this amount of sc knowledge to analyse the game this deeply. Makes me wish that I could understand korean commentary...


Yeah tbh, lets imagine tasteless or artosis doing the same... not going to happen. Just trying to tell us constantly how 'high level' the game is without any real insight.


DUDE THAT IS SO HIGH LEVEL
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
September 25 2010 21:25 GMT
#50
I see a lot of people saying that both players made mistakes, that Top misused or didn't even try some tactics, especially with thors, and that Cool's early game was terrible, etc.
But you need to remember that playing in a booth against the best players in front of thousand of spectators can be very stressful. Cool himself said that he made many mistakes because of the nervousness.
o choro é livre
proxY_
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1561 Posts
September 25 2010 21:38 GMT
#51
Very good analysis there, I know when I was watching the game I never even considered that Top hadn't killed the gas steal and therefore couldn't follow-up the attack with the obvious cloaked banshee composition. I just thought that Cool was hopelessly behind and then I was really perplexed when Top double expanded.

Part of it is Tasteless and Artosis, while they certainly aren't bad and their job is very difficult, I think they miss some of the finer points of the game and get caught up in the exciting parts like the roaches assaulting the base and the banshee killing them rather than the fact that the terran is stuck on one gas geyser (it's possible that they mentioned that and i missed it, I should watch the game again). They need to do a better job of constantly cycling through the unit, income, and total resource tab as well as telling us what each player's food count is. I'm on the HQ stream and I still typically can't make those values out and that's critical to the view in understanding whose ahead and the current match conditions. We all have little nerdgasms when Tasteless goes on his "OMG this is so cool" sprees but it doesn't add to the quality of the commentary and the same effect can be achieved in a better way. Tasteless dropping the f-bomb in game 1 of TLO-Hyperdub was fun and I certainly didn't dislike it but if they're trying to give the appearance of being professional they just can't do that.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
September 25 2010 21:43 GMT
#52
Kind of off-topic but don't you think that it would be better if the observer was a third person? That way Tastosis could really concentrate on commentating instead of trying to look around the map for every detail.
o choro é livre
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 25 2010 21:44 GMT
#53
On September 26 2010 06:38 proxY_ wrote:
Very good analysis there, I know when I was watching the game I never even considered that Top hadn't killed the gas steal and therefore couldn't follow-up the attack with the obvious cloaked banshee composition. I just thought that Cool was hopelessly behind and then I was really perplexed when Top double expanded.

Part of it is Tasteless and Artosis, while they certainly aren't bad and their job is very difficult, I think they miss some of the finer points of the game and get caught up in the exciting parts like the roaches assaulting the base and the banshee killing them rather than the fact that the terran is stuck on one gas geyser (it's possible that they mentioned that and i missed it, I should watch the game again). They need to do a better job of constantly cycling through the unit, income, and total resource tab as well as telling us what each player's food count is. I'm on the HQ stream and I still typically can't make those values out and that's critical to the view in understanding whose ahead and the current match conditions. We all have little nerdgasms when Tasteless goes on his "OMG this is so cool" sprees but it doesn't add to the quality of the commentary and the same effect can be achieved in a better way. Tasteless dropping the f-bomb in game 1 of TLO-Hyperdub was fun and I certainly didn't dislike it but if they're trying to give the appearance of being professional they just can't do that.

What you said is more or less true, but remember the kor commentator made the same mistakes. That's why he made a forum post after the game.
StarMasterX
Profile Joined February 2010
United States113 Posts
September 25 2010 21:48 GMT
#54
It probably wasn't fixed, but I still strongly question the Terran's play and know why Korean's are questioning it as well. After the damaging early game harrass, he could have easily kept pressuring until the zerg toppled (which is what 90% of Terran's I've played against would do). He also didn't abuse any of the Kulas map features that also probably would have won him the game. Instead he sat back and build up thors and let Cool super drone macro up and back into the game where he could easily get ultras out.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
September 25 2010 21:48 GMT
#55
On September 26 2010 06:18 BlackMagister wrote:
When I was watching this game I was wondering why 250mm Strike Cannons weren't used. Everyone says they're useless because of no stun, but they do 500 damage, Ultralisk have 500 hp. Ultralisk will survive due to regeneration still it seems like a lot of damage. I don't have any experience vs mass Thors I'm just wondering why it wasn't used and if it really is that useless.

In fact, without the stun, only the DPS count, and 250mm' dps is nearly exactly the same as normal attack dps.
proxY_
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1561 Posts
September 25 2010 21:51 GMT
#56
On September 26 2010 06:44 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 06:38 proxY_ wrote:
Very good analysis there, I know when I was watching the game I never even considered that Top hadn't killed the gas steal and therefore couldn't follow-up the attack with the obvious cloaked banshee composition. I just thought that Cool was hopelessly behind and then I was really perplexed when Top double expanded.

Part of it is Tasteless and Artosis, while they certainly aren't bad and their job is very difficult, I think they miss some of the finer points of the game and get caught up in the exciting parts like the roaches assaulting the base and the banshee killing them rather than the fact that the terran is stuck on one gas geyser (it's possible that they mentioned that and i missed it, I should watch the game again). They need to do a better job of constantly cycling through the unit, income, and total resource tab as well as telling us what each player's food count is. I'm on the HQ stream and I still typically can't make those values out and that's critical to the view in understanding whose ahead and the current match conditions. We all have little nerdgasms when Tasteless goes on his "OMG this is so cool" sprees but it doesn't add to the quality of the commentary and the same effect can be achieved in a better way. Tasteless dropping the f-bomb in game 1 of TLO-Hyperdub was fun and I certainly didn't dislike it but if they're trying to give the appearance of being professional they just can't do that.

What you said is more or less true, but remember the kor commentator made the same mistakes. That's why he made a forum post after the game.


That's true but the Korean commentator is apologizing for not realizing that the game state had shifted in favor of cool for about one minute (7:40 as opposed to like 8:40) I think. When I watched the game live, at this point I remember just being very confused about what was going on, why the game was playing out like it was, and who was ahead. I didn't really get the feeling that Cool had pulled ahead until he dropped his fourth base (the top natural) and we should've known that Cool had a drone lead and was even possibly in the lead when his gold hatchery was in production.
ZidaneTribal
Profile Joined September 2007
United States2800 Posts
September 25 2010 21:53 GMT
#57
people saying that ultralisk's bug has nothing to do with vsing units, it does. otherwise scvs wouldnt get raped when repairing a PF. u can also see that the amount of splash those ultras were dealing against those bunched up thor at zerg's natural seemed too big. thors in the middle or back of the clump were damaged by an ultra attacking a front thor
fuck lag
Fa1nT
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3423 Posts
September 25 2010 21:54 GMT
#58
Fixed or not, TOP did not play at the level he did in matches before it.

He did not abuse the map, and did not push early.

That screenshot with 1000 income to terrans 700? One mule would even that out, and TOP had TWO CC on the way. His econ was fine. His banshee was still alive (he didn't even repair it..?) and he had done over 500 minerals worth of damage in just DRONES.
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
September 25 2010 21:55 GMT
#59
On September 26 2010 06:44 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 26 2010 06:38 proxY_ wrote:
Very good analysis there, I know when I was watching the game I never even considered that Top hadn't killed the gas steal and therefore couldn't follow-up the attack with the obvious cloaked banshee composition. I just thought that Cool was hopelessly behind and then I was really perplexed when Top double expanded.

Part of it is Tasteless and Artosis, while they certainly aren't bad and their job is very difficult, I think they miss some of the finer points of the game and get caught up in the exciting parts like the roaches assaulting the base and the banshee killing them rather than the fact that the terran is stuck on one gas geyser (it's possible that they mentioned that and i missed it, I should watch the game again). They need to do a better job of constantly cycling through the unit, income, and total resource tab as well as telling us what each player's food count is. I'm on the HQ stream and I still typically can't make those values out and that's critical to the view in understanding whose ahead and the current match conditions. We all have little nerdgasms when Tasteless goes on his "OMG this is so cool" sprees but it doesn't add to the quality of the commentary and the same effect can be achieved in a better way. Tasteless dropping the f-bomb in game 1 of TLO-Hyperdub was fun and I certainly didn't dislike it but if they're trying to give the appearance of being professional they just can't do that.

What you said is more or less true, but remember the kor commentator made the same mistakes. That's why he made a forum post after the game.


I'd like to agree with this. Whatever you think of Tasteosis's level of commentary, it's patently unfair to compare live analysis to a 1300 word essay written after the fact.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-25 21:59:01
September 25 2010 21:57 GMT
#60
On September 26 2010 06:53 ZidaneTribal wrote:
people saying that ultralisk's bug has nothing to do with vsing units, it does. otherwise scvs wouldnt get raped when repairing a PF. u can also see that the amount of splash those ultras were dealing against those bunched up thor at zerg's natural seemed too big. thors in the middle or back of the clump were damaged by an ultra attacking a front thor


Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think 1.1 ultralisks work like that. SCVs repairing buildings and getting hit by the splash is intended, however, SCVs 2 tiles away getting hit be the same spash is not intended.
Plus this "behavior" does only exist when ultras attack buildings, not units.
o choro é livre
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 233
NeuroSwarm 186
FoxeR 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3633
Leta 1911
Bale 54
Shine 18
Icarus 5
Other Games
summit1g7998
JimRising 576
WinterStarcraft443
ViBE155
Mew2King20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
BasetradeTV199
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta23
• Letter1414
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo653
Other Games
• Scarra976
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 25m
Patches Events
11h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 25m
OSC
19h 25m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.