• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:45
CEST 14:45
KST 21:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9979 users

[Spoilers] Sweet, sweet Terran tears. - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Fitz
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada77 Posts
August 21 2010 21:52 GMT
#161
I think Tarson played right into Idra's hands, realy, doing a ridiculous amount of hellions with only 4 thors to handle around 20 mutalisks. I believe that when something like vikings/marines and even turrets shows up in fights the fragile zergs flyers wont be as gamebreaking.

Made up Scenario: 2 thors, 10 vikings along with regular mix of tanks/hellions (blue fire ofc :D)/marines push out while zerg composition is mainly muta/ling/bling, just think about how many free shots vikings will get while mutas get in thors range and how split muta dmg will be by not focusing fire the thors since you dont want your mutas to stack.
lol
jtgizmo
Profile Joined April 2010
Congo161 Posts
August 21 2010 21:53 GMT
#162
On August 22 2010 06:42 Fantistic wrote:
Hasn't this "tears" thing already been done before?
I didn't know Terrans cried about Zerg; that's pathetic.

I like this micro "glitch" you can abuse with Mutalisks and I hope they don't fix it for entertainment reasons. Although I like Morrow's style, I'm rooting for IdrA



lol why do people call this a glitch? you fly over you stop...whats wrong with that, maybe its thors who r glitched huh??!
splcer
Profile Joined October 2009
United States166 Posts
August 21 2010 21:58 GMT
#163
haha terran players may actually need skill now omg
and how can it possibly be a glitch? the game has always spread units out like that and the very sad thing will be if terrans complain z op because 5 thors cant kill 4x the amount of mutas
That which grows fast, whithers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
August 21 2010 22:02 GMT
#164
On August 22 2010 06:53 jtgizmo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 06:42 Fantistic wrote:
Hasn't this "tears" thing already been done before?
I didn't know Terrans cried about Zerg; that's pathetic.

I like this micro "glitch" you can abuse with Mutalisks and I hope they don't fix it for entertainment reasons. Although I like Morrow's style, I'm rooting for IdrA



lol why do people call this a glitch? you fly over you stop...whats wrong with that, maybe its thors who r glitched huh??!


Sigh. Why did I even post in this troll thread...
Jzerg
Profile Joined October 2009
84 Posts
August 21 2010 22:02 GMT
#165
What tournament did this happen in ??

The post says ESL, but the only ESL I'm familiar with is the viking cup, and it certainly wasn't in that one..
rockon1215
Profile Joined May 2009
United States612 Posts
August 21 2010 22:04 GMT
#166
It's not really imba. It just means Thors can't be the only anti-air unit. Marines + turrets have to be there in large numbers. Tarson didn't have enough marines.
Flash v Jaedong The finals that is ALWAYS meant to be
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-22 04:12:03
August 21 2010 22:05 GMT
#167
Seriously OP and bandwagon...

Idra was MUCH more heavily invested into Muta than Tarson was invested into Thors, so of course he annihilated them - Tarson just over-invested in an anti-ground army (Tanks and lots of Hellions) to fight Idra-macro'd mass Muta.

I think I learned from a Day[9] Daily that the most devastating combination vs Muta is Thors and Marines, and I hardly saw any marines (was there even 1 late game?) from Tarson against an army that was 95% invested in Muta. Marines do great damage to Muta whether they are spread or clumped and they also fit between and around the Thors for maximum dps.

EDIT: vikings and ghosts can both kill Mutalisks too. I don't think Tarson made any of those either. He didn't do himself any favors.

tl;dr: mass muta is probably not the answer to zerg's woes vs terran
dcberkeley
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada844 Posts
August 21 2010 22:05 GMT
#168
I don't think people have a problem with Terran tears thread but there is barely any crying over this compared to the deluge of Zerg ones, and yesterday Zergs were whining about TvZ and asking Blizzard to nerf T to oblivion. The very next day, we have a tears thread and saying how ZvT is saved.

So you guys were bitching about nothing? Or are you just overreacting to something that people have been doing since beta? (Hint: Not clumping up your mutas like morons, actually testing to see if mutas will kill thors instead of listening to conventional wisdom, etc.)
Moktira is da bomb
k20a
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada412 Posts
August 21 2010 22:06 GMT
#169
On August 22 2010 07:02 Jzerg wrote:
What tournament did this happen in ??

The post says ESL, but the only ESL I'm familiar with is the viking cup, and it certainly wasn't in that one..

IEM me thinks

sponsored by intel
"It's like that one time Luke Skywalker threw the ring in to Mordor to kill Hitler, or something" - Tasteless
Arakash
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany124 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 22:13:08
August 21 2010 22:07 GMT
#170
Edit: nevermind >_>
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
August 21 2010 22:07 GMT
#171
On August 22 2010 06:42 Fantistic wrote:
I like this micro "glitch" you can abuse with Mutalisks and I hope they don't fix it for entertainment reasons.


How do you think it's a "glitch"? You think it's a coincidence that Blizzard has the AoE range EXACTLY the size of the spread of Mutas?

GodIsNotHere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada395 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 22:13:16
August 21 2010 22:12 GMT
#172
On August 22 2010 07:07 Arakash wrote:
aahhh... Cry! Cry for me! hahaha

BTT:
i didn't even realise how much of an impact that would have, but to see the Terrans who would create "Zerg Tear" Threads and shouting "l2p!!" left and right, it really is just such an satisfaction.
Even more when even these guys start crying and do excatly what the Zerg players did before the Magic Box. Fucking hyprocites.

I know that i could get warned for this post, but it's just so ironically and funny :D.

(But since this whole Thread is about that, I'm just contributing to the Thread ;P)

I'm a bit confused where are all these Terran cry posts that people keep speaking of? Because as far I know Zerg players have been the ones crying an spamming the SC2 section with whine threads for the past month to the point in which the mods were thinking of banned people for creating more. As for the "Magic box"... GOOD we can finally move beyond this "As soon as Terran gets a Thor out Mutas become worthless!" mind set.
An yes in that Idra game he did have way more invested in them then the Thors he was fighting.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
mufin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States616 Posts
August 21 2010 22:12 GMT
#173
On August 22 2010 07:02 Fantistic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 06:53 jtgizmo wrote:
On August 22 2010 06:42 Fantistic wrote:
Hasn't this "tears" thing already been done before?
I didn't know Terrans cried about Zerg; that's pathetic.

I like this micro "glitch" you can abuse with Mutalisks and I hope they don't fix it for entertainment reasons. Although I like Morrow's style, I'm rooting for IdrA



lol why do people call this a glitch? you fly over you stop...whats wrong with that, maybe its thors who r glitched huh??!


Sigh. Why did I even post in this troll thread...


Would agreeing with you not make us trolls in your eyes? I almost thought I was being trolled when reading your initial post and if thats the case your damn good at it :p.
I only make 5 actions per minute. But since I use all my time deliberating and planning, my 5 actions are so brutally devastating that children cry out and grown men weep.
Spaceninja
Profile Joined April 2010
United States211 Posts
August 21 2010 22:13 GMT
#174
On August 22 2010 07:02 Jzerg wrote:
What tournament did this happen in ??

The post says ESL, but the only ESL I'm familiar with is the viking cup, and it certainly wasn't in that one..


IEM
IdrA vs. Tarson game 4 I believe.
Haters Gonna Hate.
TLOBrian
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States453 Posts
August 21 2010 22:20 GMT
#175
On August 22 2010 07:13 Spaceninja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 07:02 Jzerg wrote:
What tournament did this happen in ??

The post says ESL, but the only ESL I'm familiar with is the viking cup, and it certainly wasn't in that one..


IEM
IdrA vs. Tarson game 4 I believe.


Thanks I had a brainfart : P
Steven Bonnell II is the friggin man.
ltortoise
Profile Joined August 2010
633 Posts
August 21 2010 22:25 GMT
#176
On August 22 2010 06:37 Tropics wrote:
why the fuck is everyone on the dick of this mutalisk "trick"

people have been doing this since early phase 2, jesus. it changes nothing. if you didnt know about it you don't even get to have an opinion on the balance of the matchup.

second, its not magic boxes. it's fucking moving your units. magic boxes referred to having units in a specific formation that let them multi cast spells spread out over an area, and what you could to make mutalisks stack.

THIS IS NEITHER

this is the air equivalent of surrounding with lings. move past then attack move. there is no abuse of the engine or any glitches.


?

This has been done way before phase 2, lol.

And the magic box IS involved. The air magic box is decently sized, and is easily usable. Spread out the mutas, box them, move them. If you box too large and move, they start clumping. If you box the right size, they don't converge, allowing you to rape thors all day long.
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
August 21 2010 22:26 GMT
#177
On August 22 2010 06:36 kickinhead wrote:
I see lots of mass-ghost-play's coming up - theyrape mutas and r decent against blings... And u can easily switch to ghosts out of the mass-reaper opening...

marines already rape mutas. i do think ghost are good in tvz but only in few numbers.
dolpiff
Profile Joined June 2010
France300 Posts
August 21 2010 22:35 GMT
#178
On August 22 2010 05:20 Mentymion wrote:
Seriously, when Zerg Player start to use that technique more often, the Thor will be turn into complete garbage...

so are carriers and mothership and nothing is done about it xD
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
August 21 2010 22:36 GMT
#179
On August 22 2010 07:05 gogogadgetflow wrote:
Seriously OP and bandwagon...

Idra was MUCH more heavily invested into Muta than Tarson was invested into Thors, so of course he annihilated them - Tarson just over-invested in an anti-ground army (Tanks and lots of Hellions) to fight Idra-macro'd mass Muta.

I think I learned from a Day[9] Daily that the most devastating combination vs Muta is Thors and Marines, and I hardly saw any marines (was there even 1 late game?) from Tarson against a army that was 95% invested in Muta. Marines do great damage to Muta whether they are spread or clumped and they also fit between and around the Thors for maximum dps.

EDIT: vikings and ghosts can both kill Mutalisks too. I don't think Tarson made many of those either. He didn't do himself any favors.

tl;dr: mass muta is probably not the answer to zerg's woes vs terran


It's the answer to make terran play something else than pure mech atleast.
And it's the only thing we needed.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
dolpiff
Profile Joined June 2010
France300 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 22:38:25
August 21 2010 22:37 GMT
#180
On August 22 2010 07:02 Jzerg wrote:
What tournament did this happen in ??

The post says ESL, but the only ESL I'm familiar with is the viking cup, and it certainly wasn't in that one..

It was IEM not ESL oO

edit: too late apparently :/

i hope a similar trick counter to ghost EMP in PvT is found soon..
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37393
Shuttle 2512
Horang2 985
Bisu 884
Jaedong 709
Light 613
Mini 519
BeSt 354
firebathero 330
Hyuk 297
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 263
Stork 259
Zeus 216
Soma 214
ggaemo 189
Soulkey 151
Last 149
ZerO 147
Rush 145
Snow 139
Leta 114
Killer 77
Pusan 77
hero 63
Sea.KH 61
Mong 39
Mind 36
Sharp 34
Shinee 30
Shine 29
soO 26
Bale 24
Aegong 24
sorry 23
ToSsGirL 22
Trap 18
Free 17
Sexy 16
Terrorterran 14
PianO 13
Noble 11
HiyA 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 7
zelot 6
Icarus 5
NotJumperer 1
Dota 2
Gorgc4161
qojqva1752
Dendi979
420jenkins57
League of Legends
Reynor90
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1425
x6flipin375
markeloff107
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1960
crisheroes873
Other Games
gofns35210
singsing2148
B2W.Neo777
XBOCT351
DeMusliM186
Livibee173
Mlord157
XaKoH 136
Liquid`LucifroN112
QueenE88
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS72
Chillindude16
ZerO(Twitch)11
Railgan9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream180
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2213
• TFBlade695
Other Games
• WagamamaTV192
Upcoming Events
OSC
15m
Stellar Fest
15m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
TaKeTV 42
OSC
11h 15m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.