• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:01
CEST 06:01
KST 13:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8687 users

[Spoilers] Sweet, sweet Terran tears. - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Macavity
Profile Joined July 2010
United States83 Posts
August 22 2010 00:37 GMT
#201
Talk about projectionism. The only tears that have been flowing have been Zerg players who have polluted message boards (including this one) about 'imbalance'. Citing Idra is an extremely poor example since Idra is famous for his 'tears' and 'rage'.

There is nothing new here. I played exclusively Zerg during the beta, and we knew not to clump up mutalisks when attacking thors. Thors are poor for anti-air purposes. As a Terran player now, I never build thors because they are slow and do not make good anti-air. Marines, ghosts, and vikings work much better.

On August 22 2010 06:37 Tropics wrote:
why the fuck is everyone on the dick of this mutalisk "trick"

people have been doing this since early phase 2, jesus. it changes nothing. if you didnt know about it you don't even get to have an opinion on the balance of the matchup.

second, its not magic boxes. it's fucking moving your units.


Exactly. The Starcraft community, which we must admit is made up of mostly young kids, are fond of 'jargon' and calling a spade some sort of unique special flowery name (e.g. what we called 'efficiency' or 'economy' is now placed under the nebulous umbrella term of 'macro' ). Now 'magic box' will be added to the pollution of language even though people have not only been doing this with mutalisks in the beta, they have been doing this in RTS games since over a decade ago.
Vokasak
Profile Joined July 2010
United States388 Posts
August 22 2010 00:39 GMT
#202
I wish people would take the hint that this sort of stirring shit up just isn't welcome. >:[
Practical wisdom is the combination of moral will and moral skill
RoarMan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada745 Posts
August 22 2010 00:41 GMT
#203
On August 22 2010 08:53 RaZzy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 04:58 MoNoNauT wrote:
I wish I had saved more of this dialogue, or even the replay, but I was too drunk on victory beer. This guy had been bragging all night about how awesome his ZvT was during our KOTH, and this was the night that the thread that started all this mess was posted. Over the course of the 35-40 minute game, he made a total of 8 marines and then nothing but thors, hellions, and tanks. After I murderized his thors, he just made more thors. I think I killed a total of 15 thors that game, with nothing but mutas.
[image loading]


You zerg people need some innovative play instead of just complaining about the imbalance. Zerg is indeed harder to play which makes them less attractive for some people. But the imbalance is.. maybe just slighty at the start but not magnificent as some(MOST) make it out to be. The speed and mapcontrol of the zerg can be insane.

( Totally no 'hate' vs you MoNoNauT )

When did MoNoNauT complain? All he's discussing is that he was able to win using Magic Box and Mutalisks.

More tears please, they go good with Timbits :D
All the pros got dat Ichie.
MythicalMage
Profile Joined May 2010
1360 Posts
August 22 2010 00:43 GMT
#204
Whether or not people do something doesn't matter. Believe it or not, but most pros don't read Team Liquid. So when a pro like IdrA does it, it shows that it's actually strong. And this is a big deal due to it shutting down mech. It'd be like having a zerg build that completely shut down templar or something. It's incredibly limiting to the Terran. Of course this is all theory crafting, but I can think of numerous games off the top of my head that won't work with good muta micro.
RoarMan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada745 Posts
August 22 2010 00:44 GMT
#205
On August 22 2010 09:37 Macavity wrote:
Talk about projectionism. The only tears that have been flowing have been Zerg players who have polluted message boards (including this one) about 'imbalance'. Citing Idra is an extremely poor example since Idra is famous for his 'tears' and 'rage'.

There is nothing new here. I played exclusively Zerg during the beta, and we knew not to clump up mutalisks when attacking thors. Thors are poor for anti-air purposes. As a Terran player now, I never build thors because they are slow and do not make good anti-air. Marines, ghosts, and vikings work much better.

Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 06:37 Tropics wrote:
why the fuck is everyone on the dick of this mutalisk "trick"

people have been doing this since early phase 2, jesus. it changes nothing. if you didnt know about it you don't even get to have an opinion on the balance of the matchup.

second, its not magic boxes. it's fucking moving your units.


Exactly. The Starcraft community, which we must admit is made up of mostly young kids, are fond of 'jargon' and calling a spade some sort of unique special flowery name (e.g. what we called 'efficiency' or 'economy' is now placed under the nebulous umbrella term of 'macro' ). Now 'magic box' will be added to the pollution of language even though people have not only been doing this with mutalisks in the beta, they have been doing this in RTS games since over a decade ago.

Lol.

I don't understand why you're so mad sir, I don't see the OP mentioning anything about
imbalance.

Magic Box being a fancy word? What? Magic Box is a term coined by Blizzard itself, it's not something that's been jazzed up at all, it's what it is. An invisible box that allows you to maintain unit formation.

If you're going to attempt to be able to put up an intellectual post read the OP first.
All the pros got dat Ichie.
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
August 22 2010 00:46 GMT
#206

Exactly. The Starcraft community, which we must admit is made up of mostly young kids, are fond of 'jargon' and calling a spade some sort of unique special flowery name (e.g. what we called 'efficiency' or 'economy' is now placed under the nebulous umbrella term of 'macro' ). Now 'magic box' will be added to the pollution of language even though people have not only been doing this with mutalisks in the beta, they have been doing this in RTS games since over a decade ago.

Macro? Not following along with SCII too closely, but the word macro's been around forever. Efficiency? Never heard it used in BW. Magic box's have been around too, but I hope it's not used in casts because it's just pointless.

If anything the word kiting sort of pisses me off.

It's just fucking micro.
Voyager I
Profile Joined July 2010
United States260 Posts
August 22 2010 00:48 GMT
#207
On August 22 2010 09:03 MythicalMage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 08:57 Voyager I wrote:
On August 22 2010 07:04 rockon1215 wrote:
It's not really imba. It just means Thors can't be the only anti-air unit. Marines + turrets have to be there in large numbers. Tarson didn't have enough marines.


This. You use Thors because they have long enough range to cover a base or army where Marines could get danced around, preventing Mutas from getting free shots at anything. Then you back them up with plenty of Marines so the Mutas can't just overwhelm the Thors and rape everything.

Of course, this means you actually have to control your army and keep Marines alive against the threat of Infestors and Banelings instead of just slamming out pure Mech and winning.

It means pure mech is dead. It also means a lot of Thor based timing pushes don't work, and it means Terran overall is a lot more vulnerable. You HAVE to get some more anti air now, and that's a big deal. Marines are iffy at best, vikings aren't super cost effective, and ravens are so gas heavy they cut into everything else. It makes the matchup a lot more variable, and I like that a lot.


Me too.

I still think there's a problem in the early game, where Zerg is basically forced to Fast Expand without really being able to protect it against early aggression, much of which a Terran player can do with minimal commitment (Protoss has to at least delay their tech for a 2gate), but midgame and on is starting to look just fine for Zerg.
archon256
Profile Joined August 2010
United States363 Posts
August 22 2010 00:49 GMT
#208
Kiting is a specific form of micro, I don't see any problems in using it.
"The troupe is ready, the stage is set. I come to dance, the dance of death"
heishe
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany2284 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-22 00:59:05
August 22 2010 00:57 GMT
#209
On August 22 2010 09:37 Macavity wrote:
Talk about projectionism. The only tears that have been flowing have been Zerg players who have polluted message boards (including this one) about 'imbalance'. Citing Idra is an extremely poor example since Idra is famous for his 'tears' and 'rage'.

There is nothing new here. I played exclusively Zerg during the beta, and we knew not to clump up mutalisks when attacking thors. Thors are poor for anti-air purposes. As a Terran player now, I never build thors because they are slow and do not make good anti-air. Marines, ghosts, and vikings work much better.

Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 06:37 Tropics wrote:
why the fuck is everyone on the dick of this mutalisk "trick"

people have been doing this since early phase 2, jesus. it changes nothing. if you didnt know about it you don't even get to have an opinion on the balance of the matchup.

second, its not magic boxes. it's fucking moving your units.


Exactly. The Starcraft community, which we must admit is made up of mostly young kids, are fond of 'jargon' and calling a spade some sort of unique special flowery name (e.g. what we called 'efficiency' or 'economy' is now placed under the nebulous umbrella term of 'macro' ). Now 'magic box' will be added to the pollution of language even though people have not only been doing this with mutalisks in the beta, they have been doing this in RTS games since over a decade ago.


I'm by no means trying to derail this thread, but I just have to say this: Arrogant elitists like you (yeah! you have been around since BW came out! you must have a really big penis!) are in no way better than those people who are "polluting" forums with whinery.

Seriously. This thread shows that many many people haven't known about this an all you can do is piss all over the joy (even more so since the OP is clearly ironic and sarcastic, yet you open your post with "projectionism" [little jargon lover yourself eh?]). A simple "this doesn't really change anything, as many Zerg have done this during Phase 2 already" would have completely sufficed, yet you decide to go on a huge e-penis-showoff-ramble.
If you value your soul, never look into the eye of a horse. Your soul will forever be lost in the void of the horse.
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
August 22 2010 01:01 GMT
#210
If anything the word kiting sort of pisses me off.

It's just fucking micro.


You know what word pisses me off?

Apple

I mean, its just fucking fruit.

Or...

Maybe specificity in language is a good thing. Micro refers to a whole lot of stuff, including but certainly not limited to kiting. If I strategically burrow and unburrow a roach, skillfully position my marines for a better concave, get a good surround with zerglings or mutas, cycle damaged units out of harm's way mid-fight to keep as many units alive as possible... All of those are micro, and none of them are kiting.
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
EvilMaishidon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States125 Posts
August 22 2010 01:03 GMT
#211
I really dont like the magic box glitch/technique. I think that the matchup is imbalanced, but i would seriously prefer it the answer was something other than this. I play random, and whenever i'm terran, and my zerg opponent goes mutas, it just kinda takes the fun out of the match. I either lose because i have a small vulnerability, or I win because the zerg invested 1200/1200 into harassment units that didn't serve their purpose. I would prefer that the zerg was given a way to beat terran in a ground war.

Also, i really didn't find this very funny. The original was funny, because the forum was flooded with topics about imbalance, and there truly was a rediculous amount of (not unwarranted) QQ. Also your later post was a complete ripoff of his.+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-22 01:23:51
August 22 2010 01:20 GMT
#212
On August 22 2010 10:01 awesomoecalypse wrote:
Show nested quote +
If anything the word kiting sort of pisses me off.

It's just fucking micro.


You know what word pisses me off?

Apple

I mean, its just fucking fruit.

Or...

Maybe specificity in language is a good thing. Micro refers to a whole lot of stuff, including but certainly not limited to kiting. If I strategically burrow and unburrow a roach, skillfully position my marines for a better concave, get a good surround with zerglings or mutas, cycle damaged units out of harm's way mid-fight to keep as many units alive as possible... All of those are micro, and none of them are kiting.

Even though burrow/unburrow is technically "micro" as in micromanagement, "microing" implicitly carries the connotation of moving your units and attacking in a way to achieve maximum damage with them. "I'm microing my mutalisks", "I'm microing my zerglings", "I'm microing my banshees", "I'm microing my zealots", "I'm microing my stalkers", "I'm microing my probes", "I'm microing my hellions".

No one fucking says "I'm microing my banelings" when he really means "Hey I'm burrowing my banelings". When someone says microing his banelings, he means he's controlling and moving them to attack. No one says "I'm microing my zerglings" when he really means "Hey I'm making an arc on top of the ramp", he says "I'm making a goddamn arc on top of my ramp".


So yeah your comparison falls just a wee bit short as well.
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
August 22 2010 01:31 GMT
#213
People seem to think that just because mutas can beat thors now the tides will turn in this matchup.
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
SlowBlink
Profile Joined August 2010
United States102 Posts
August 22 2010 01:39 GMT
#214
On August 22 2010 10:20 King K. Rool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 10:01 awesomoecalypse wrote:
If anything the word kiting sort of pisses me off.

It's just fucking micro.


You know what word pisses me off?

Apple

I mean, its just fucking fruit.

Or...

Maybe specificity in language is a good thing. Micro refers to a whole lot of stuff, including but certainly not limited to kiting. If I strategically burrow and unburrow a roach, skillfully position my marines for a better concave, get a good surround with zerglings or mutas, cycle damaged units out of harm's way mid-fight to keep as many units alive as possible... All of those are micro, and none of them are kiting.

Even though burrow/unburrow is technically "micro" as in micromanagement, "microing" implicitly carries the connotation of moving your units and attacking in a way to achieve maximum damage with them. "I'm microing my mutalisks", "I'm microing my zerglings", "I'm microing my banshees", "I'm microing my zealots", "I'm microing my stalkers", "I'm microing my probes", "I'm microing my hellions".

No one fucking says "I'm microing my banelings" when he really means "Hey I'm burrowing my banelings". When someone says microing his banelings, he means he's controlling and moving them to attack. No one says "I'm microing my zerglings" when he really means "Hey I'm making an arc on top of the ramp", he says "I'm making a goddamn arc on top of my ramp".


So yeah your comparison falls just a wee bit short as well.


Now I hate the unnecessary/redundant jargon as much as the next guy (1-1-1 build = factport, etc)

But here I don't agree with you so much. I even remember a match on gomtv where tasteless explicitly makes note of someones great "micro" because he was making a concave of hydralisks before a protoss force engaged them; so there's that.

What I'm saying is, a lot of things fall under the umbrella of "micromanagement" because a lot of things factor into your micro play. You can get a range advantage (putting your units with the higher range in the back), a situational advantage (backstab), a speed advantage, and such. All of that would be considered "micro", even if it makes just as much sense to say 'HURDURR I'M PUTTING MY TANKS BEHIND THE REST OF MY ARMY BECAUSE THEY CAN SIEGE"
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
August 22 2010 01:43 GMT
#215

Even though burrow/unburrow is technically "micro" as in micromanagement, "microing" implicitly carries the connotation of moving your units and attacking in a way to achieve maximum damage with them.


Except...kiting is not doing this. Kiting is moving your unit in such a way to keep it out of range of the enemy's ability to retaliate. It is a way to keep your units alive.

No one fucking says "I'm microing my banelings" when he really means "Hey I'm burrowing my banelings". When someone says microing his banelings, he means he's controlling and moving them to attack. No one says "I'm microing my zerglings" when he really means "Hey I'm making an arc on top of the ramp", he says "I'm making a goddamn arc on top of my ramp".


If I'm facing off with Roaches, and every time I'm about to bring one down my opponent skillfully burrows it too regenerate, while unburrowing another one to keep up the attack, I would *absolutely* say that he microed those roaches.
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
August 22 2010 01:51 GMT
#216
I have no Idea why people are throwing flames around. It will sovle nothing and zergs will still complain that terran have retardly strong openings.
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-22 02:17:57
August 22 2010 02:16 GMT
#217
On August 22 2010 10:39 SlowBlink wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 10:20 King K. Rool wrote:
On August 22 2010 10:01 awesomoecalypse wrote:
If anything the word kiting sort of pisses me off.

It's just fucking micro.


You know what word pisses me off?

Apple

I mean, its just fucking fruit.

Or...

Maybe specificity in language is a good thing. Micro refers to a whole lot of stuff, including but certainly not limited to kiting. If I strategically burrow and unburrow a roach, skillfully position my marines for a better concave, get a good surround with zerglings or mutas, cycle damaged units out of harm's way mid-fight to keep as many units alive as possible... All of those are micro, and none of them are kiting.

Even though burrow/unburrow is technically "micro" as in micromanagement, "microing" implicitly carries the connotation of moving your units and attacking in a way to achieve maximum damage with them. "I'm microing my mutalisks", "I'm microing my zerglings", "I'm microing my banshees", "I'm microing my zealots", "I'm microing my stalkers", "I'm microing my probes", "I'm microing my hellions".

No one fucking says "I'm microing my banelings" when he really means "Hey I'm burrowing my banelings". When someone says microing his banelings, he means he's controlling and moving them to attack. No one says "I'm microing my zerglings" when he really means "Hey I'm making an arc on top of the ramp", he says "I'm making a goddamn arc on top of my ramp".


So yeah your comparison falls just a wee bit short as well.


Now I hate the unnecessary/redundant jargon as much as the next guy (1-1-1 build = factport, etc)

But here I don't agree with you so much. I even remember a match on gomtv where tasteless explicitly makes note of someones great "micro" because he was making a concave of hydralisks before a protoss force engaged them; so there's that.

What I'm saying is, a lot of things fall under the umbrella of "micromanagement" because a lot of things factor into your micro play. You can get a range advantage (putting your units with the higher range in the back), a situational advantage (backstab), a speed advantage, and such. All of that would be considered "micro", even if it makes just as much sense to say 'HURDURR I'M PUTTING MY TANKS BEHIND THE REST OF MY ARMY BECAUSE THEY CAN SIEGE"
My entire point was that "microing" carries a connotation of controlling the movement of your units and attacking in order to deal the most damage against the other's troops; backstab is not microing - it's a strategy/tactic (whatever the correct term). Controlling those zerglings during the backstab? Sure that's micro, the act of backstab itself is not. Putting units in the back? That's "moving your shit to correct place and attacking" - hence microing.

On August 22 2010 10:43 awesomoecalypse wrote:
Show nested quote +

Even though burrow/unburrow is technically "micro" as in micromanagement, "microing" implicitly carries the connotation of moving your units and attacking in a way to achieve maximum damage with them.


Except...kiting is not doing this. Kiting is moving your unit in such a way to keep it out of range of the enemy's ability to retaliate. It is a way to keep your units alive.
What? That's exactly my point. You're moving your shit away so it doesn't get hit, and then attacking them once you're out of range, and then moving again, etc. Moving your units and then attacking; getting maximum use out of your stuff.


Show nested quote +
No one fucking says "I'm microing my banelings" when he really means "Hey I'm burrowing my banelings". When someone says microing his banelings, he means he's controlling and moving them to attack. No one says "I'm microing my zerglings" when he really means "Hey I'm making an arc on top of the ramp", he says "I'm making a goddamn arc on top of my ramp".


If I'm facing off with Roaches, and every time I'm about to bring one down my opponent skillfully burrows it too regenerate, while unburrowing another one to keep up the attack, I would *absolutely* say that he microed those roaches.
Okay okay, you get this point - microing does refer to burrow when you're talking about roaches/lurkers - using actual abilities of course is micro. Kiting is however, some made up name for something you do with every ranged unit.

Anyways, we can argue this all we want; it doesn't really change anything as I doubt I'll be able to change so many people's minds now that the word's been ingrained into SCII. I don't really want to derail this thread either (not that I really think it's going anywhere other than into flaming).

+ Show Spoiler +
Also why need it now when we never used it in BW

+ Show Spoiler +
Also I feel like I'm not going to win this argument if it keeps going haha
Ocedic
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1808 Posts
August 22 2010 03:23 GMT
#218
On August 22 2010 09:37 Macavity wrote:
Talk about projectionism. The only tears that have been flowing have been Zerg players who have polluted message boards (including this one) about 'imbalance'. Citing Idra is an extremely poor example since Idra is famous for his 'tears' and 'rage'.

There is nothing new here. I played exclusively Zerg during the beta, and we knew not to clump up mutalisks when attacking thors. Thors are poor for anti-air purposes. As a Terran player now, I never build thors because they are slow and do not make good anti-air. Marines, ghosts, and vikings work much better.

Show nested quote +
On August 22 2010 06:37 Tropics wrote:
why the fuck is everyone on the dick of this mutalisk "trick"

people have been doing this since early phase 2, jesus. it changes nothing. if you didnt know about it you don't even get to have an opinion on the balance of the matchup.

second, its not magic boxes. it's fucking moving your units.


Exactly. The Starcraft community, which we must admit is made up of mostly young kids, are fond of 'jargon' and calling a spade some sort of unique special flowery name (e.g. what we called 'efficiency' or 'economy' is now placed under the nebulous umbrella term of 'macro' ). Now 'magic box' will be added to the pollution of language even though people have not only been doing this with mutalisks in the beta, they have been doing this in RTS games since over a decade ago.


- Theres a difference between splitting up your Mutas after the attack and keeping formation. People who say that everyone's been doing this since beta didn't play beta apparently.

- Vikings are awful against Mutas. Thor is actually the best answer. It's well accepted (until this magic box business surfaced) that Hellion/Maurader/Thor was the trifecta unstoppable force against Zerg. Guess which piece of that triangle was the anti-air.

- Your rage about lexicon is unfounded and ridiculous. Are you seriously complaining about the word macro? Who ever used the term efficiency? And economy is actually still used quite a bit, as it's separate from the other side of macro, which is production (oh god another jargon word.)

- Finally, why do you put single quotes around the word 'jargon?' For someone pretentious enough to try and look like a preserver of the English language, at least use punctuation correctly and not randomly. Oh and the magic box term was used in Brood War, now that we're talking about things that are a decade old. Except it was utilized in the opposite fashion, which makes your entire post a deluge of misinformation and senseless nerd rage.
InfiniteIce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States794 Posts
August 22 2010 03:29 GMT
#219
This might be my favorite thread, ever.

Thank you TLOBrian, even though your account is currently locked.
i keep going back to my response to chill's fake PM and laughing, then immediately getting a feeling that i assume i'd get if i had an orgasm and the girl said "hahaha guess what i have a dick" -FakeSteve
DoomSpirit
Profile Joined August 2010
France46 Posts
August 22 2010 03:34 GMT
#220
On August 22 2010 08:53 ta2 wrote:
Unofficial VODs:

Game 1
+ Show Spoiler +

Game 2
+ Show Spoiler +

Game 3
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp39yr4ulBE


Game 4
+ Show Spoiler +

Game 5
+ Show Spoiler +
No game 5, IdrA wins 3-1.


Thx a lot man !
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 206
SpeCial 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2009
Snow 33
NaDa 30
Bale 29
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 567
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1434
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1076
WinterStarcraft593
Other Games
summit1g8570
Doublelift2322
JimRising 678
PiGStarcraft292
ArmadaUGS187
C9.Mang0170
Maynarde148
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick799
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream146
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• practicex 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki174
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1184
• Rush513
• Stunt258
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 59m
OSC
8h 59m
Stellar Fest
8h 59m
OSC
19h 59m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.