• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:12
CEST 17:12
KST 00:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9446 users

APM Guilty Pleasure.. - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
July 04 2010 17:08 GMT
#41
Zerg player.

Click hatch, press S D, select workers sent to one patch. Send overlord away hotkey to 1 and 0. Select hatchery hotkey it to 4 and 5 and set rally points. Spam for drones and give each egg a seperate rally point. When you get 9 supply send the 9th drone to scout, hotkey as 3. Make ovie and rally it somewhere ( you can rally eggs and even hotkey them before they hatch ) and hotkey it as 0 ( 0 is my overlord hotkey ). 345 spam and double tapping 3 or 5 to switch views from scouting drone to hatchery. Keeping a close look on the minimap and minerals/supply.

Yes, I do spam. It keeps my thinking caps on and makes me play faster. Whereas without spamming in the early game I notably get worse at making quick decisions.

When I play protoss or terran I get bored in the early game because there isn't enough to do >.> . Just send your scv/probe to mine and hotkey command center/nexus.
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
July 04 2010 17:10 GMT
#42
Clicking my main building and spamming R + Click near a mineral patch >_<

In SC2 i spam Y + Click on the vacant minerals 1 by 1.
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
July 04 2010 17:17 GMT
#43
I hot key an ovie, my hatch, and a drone. I spam hard but I focus even harder on what my game plan is.
Noghori
Profile Joined May 2010
United States17 Posts
July 04 2010 17:20 GMT
#44
I enjoy spamming e as a protoss player with my Nexus selected and hearing "not enough minerals." It serves a purpose in the early game so that my probes start building as soon as possible.
EatCrow
Profile Joined April 2010
Estonia333 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 17:28:08
July 04 2010 17:22 GMT
#45
When Beta was still up I tried spamming hard to see how high APM goes. With Faster it went somewhere between 1300-1500, with the slowest speed 3200. I used eight fingers.

It's funny to see some replays where an opponent has 300 APM in the beginning and ends with 50




Baloop
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States127 Posts
July 04 2010 17:25 GMT
#46
Zerg Here and i just Spam 1sd
1 Being Hatchery
S Being Select Larvae
D for Make drone.

0 hotkey for my scouting overlord (which usually later becomes my detector for the same hotkey)

1sd just over and over and over and over and over throughout the whole game, lol.
Millions of Peaches, Peaches for me
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
July 04 2010 17:31 GMT
#47
After 5 mins it's not hard to do alot of stuff. Until then I cycle through everything.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
mikehall683
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States159 Posts
July 04 2010 17:36 GMT
#48
my starting hot keys are: 1-scouting probe, 4-building probe, and 5-nexus

my apm spam usually looks like this in the beginning:
145(box select)145(box select)145eeeeeeeeee11,55,145(box select)

i don't spam much later in the game except for right-clicks
GG GG BBY BBY BBY
TDC
Profile Joined May 2010
United States197 Posts
July 04 2010 17:37 GMT
#49
i like to rally my nexus to different mineral patches so i can work on my mouse accuracy when i'm not doing anything.
Top 25 master league Toss http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1253149/TDC
Mulloy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States86 Posts
July 04 2010 17:38 GMT
#50
I just jam whatever I'm trying to do, so a lot of pushing S and right clicking the hell out of mineral patches for the first minute or so.
I have been known, on occasion, to dapple in fancy hats.
blahman3344
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2015 Posts
July 04 2010 17:41 GMT
#51
usually as a toss player, I like moving my army around always. In SC:BW, it used to be "3a4a5a6a to this side of the map then 3a4a5a6a back to the other side" but since there are now infinite control groups, it just became "3a to this side of the map, then 3a back" =(

so now i just do whatever i can to keep my apm up =\
I like haikus and / I can not lie. You other / brothers can't deny
XXXSmOke
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1333 Posts
July 04 2010 17:42 GMT
#52
Theres a reason the Koreans spam keys there not doing it for their APM. Good players do tons of early apm as a warm up and to keep the intensity going and to transition into the end game. Its actully quite horrendus to watch some of my friends play in the early game. Theyll build a worker, look at a txt message and keep drinking their beer. Then at a random time they decide oh hey its time to get micro goin and they just never can matcht he same precision, control, and agility that I have. Which is funny at the same time because they make fun of me for my early game spamming. But then you compare leagues and win rates and yea you get the picture.
Emperor? Boxer disapproves. He's building bunkers at your mom's house even as you're reading this.
metasonic
Profile Joined April 2010
United States115 Posts
July 04 2010 17:44 GMT
#53
I'll box select my workers in the beginning of the game. The nice thing about it is that it has a challenge: if you do it fast enough the SCVs will start saying their 'funny' lines.

I used to not be able to do it all the time, but by the end of the beta I could always get 3 - 4 funny quotes in. Clearly my skill is improving :D
Chizambers
Profile Joined June 2010
United States126 Posts
July 04 2010 17:49 GMT
#54
On July 05 2010 00:47 Batch wrote:
Wouldn't it be more prestigious to be able to win matches with as low APM as possible? I personally would be more impressed by a person with 20 APM beating a recognized good player as opposed if someone with with 200 APM would do the same.


I agree with you there, but I think 20 APM would be too low to keep up on everything. I would love to watch a replay where a good player with really high APM just gets beat by someone with a really low APM. I know when beta went down my APM at the end of most games was right around 30, as a gold level player. I didn't spam anything at all. I think now, after working with the BO Testers, and AI's, my APM is probably around 40. I think it's possible to do everything needed in the game with an APM of about 60 without any spamming.

My take on APM is similar to how Day[9] described it.. that APM, at least at low levels is how much stuff you are remembering to do.

Build Wokers
Chrono/Spawn Larvae/Mule/Scan
Build Units
Build Buildings
Scout
Micro units

I think you can keep up on all those things with about 60 APM. Not saying there is anything wrong with a little spamming to get your fingers warmed up, or to get psyched up for the match. But I think it would be really cool to just see someone with a very efficient APM, who can keep up on everything without mega spam APM.
yup, I'm a nub.
Baksteen
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Netherlands438 Posts
July 04 2010 17:56 GMT
#55
On July 05 2010 02:42 XXXSmOke wrote:
Theres a reason the Koreans spam keys there not doing it for their APM. Good players do tons of early apm as a warm up and to keep the intensity going and to transition into the end game. Its actully quite horrendus to watch some of my friends play in the early game. Theyll build a worker, look at a txt message and keep drinking their beer. Then at a random time they decide oh hey its time to get micro goin and they just never can matcht he same precision, control, and agility that I have. Which is funny at the same time because they make fun of me for my early game spamming. But then you compare leagues and win rates and yea you get the picture.


It also improves focus alot next to the APM part. It's easier starting high and ennding high then to start low and end high.

I always spam the hotkey for my cc and after that play around with my scv's like boxing around them etc.
Derp Derp Derp
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 19:31:04
July 04 2010 19:30 GMT
#56
In sc1 My spam was click on each mineral in a series extremely fast. The feedback sound you got from clicking on things in sc1 was good, cause you'll know you clicked on it, even if you weren't looking there, or at the screen, or are a blind player. SC2 is missing that, and hope that stuff is added on retail.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
July 04 2010 19:34 GMT
#57
On July 05 2010 00:22 Liquid`TLO wrote:
I click through all of my starting scvs + cc as fast as I can.

This. I have my CC hotkeyed as 1, then I go up and down my mineral line clicking an SCV, 1, next SCV, 1, next SCV, 1, etc and repeat. Helps warm up APM plus it's just practice for my accuracy. It's harder than you might think to not misclick when you do it really fast.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
RanDoMSCPlaya
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States14 Posts
July 04 2010 19:39 GMT
#58
I click more than 1000000000000000000 times when i move a unit , but really i think its more important to keep up your macro. I spam just so I can stay ahead of myself..sometime i just sit and stare at my workers...5 seconds later realizing that should be upgrading. So spamming actually helps me focus o3o
"To attack or not to attack, thats the REAL question"
gdroxor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States639 Posts
July 04 2010 19:45 GMT
#59
I've got the Nexus hotkeyed to 5, hotkey a worker to 1.
1, 5, box. 1, 5, box.
Dakata
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland67 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-04 20:04:31
July 04 2010 20:03 GMT
#60
Box selecting all the probes, then moving the mouse on the Nexus(still with the probes targeted) , 3-5 clicks on the Nexus and then all this over and over again... This doesn't give me super-duper APM , but i can feel the control of my mouse and micro.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
Codebar 36
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1057
Mini 918
Soma 761
actioN 462
Rush 384
Light 332
Horang2 316
Stork 276
BeSt 266
Larva 266
[ Show more ]
Snow 236
ggaemo 236
hero 226
Killer 111
firebathero 111
Barracks 110
Aegong 102
Sea.KH 85
Zeus 79
Dewaltoss 68
Shine 61
JYJ 48
soO 43
Sexy 37
Sharp 34
Shinee 32
ToSsGirL 28
Bale 24
zelot 17
Rock 17
sorry 13
Trap 13
Terrorterran 13
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc7258
qojqva1794
Dendi674
420jenkins165
Counter-Strike
Fnx 779
x6flipin533
edward36
fl0m0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4893
Khaldor571
Other Games
gofns46850
singsing1401
B2W.Neo872
byalli522
Lowko373
Mlord258
DeMusliM224
Livibee186
KnowMe180
Liquid`VortiX155
ArmadaUGS115
Trikslyr27
Chillindude20
Railgan15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
WardiTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH130
• StrangeGG 67
• mYiSmile117
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV394
League of Legends
• Nemesis2366
• Jankos1805
• TFBlade618
Other Games
• Shiphtur58
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 48m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 48m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.