• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:02
CEST 04:02
KST 11:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7854 users

APM Guilty Pleasure.. - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Rigel of Cyrosea
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada66 Posts
July 04 2010 15:38 GMT
#21
I find spamming a lot gets me in the habit of playing more quickly. Forcing yourself to play faster will make you a worse player while you're doing it, but you may find it helps you speed up your normal game once you stop doing it.

When I was getting into BW I had around 120 apm. I spent a week where I forced myself to play at 200 apm through the whole game. Obviously this resulted in a lot of spam, and I played terribly for that week. But afterwards, when I let myself go back to normal, I found I was averaging at 150-160 apm naturally, without spamming. Pretty big increase for one week of practice.
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
July 04 2010 15:38 GMT
#22
unless i get supply locked, i dont really spam. I do right click a bazillion times to move a unit, and at the beginning, i always admire the secnery, because of automine
shammythefox
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom286 Posts
July 04 2010 15:39 GMT
#23
spam 1,2 (nexus, probe) and later 1,5 (nexus, warpgates)
Batch
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden692 Posts
July 04 2010 15:47 GMT
#24
Wouldn't it be more prestigious to be able to win matches with as low APM as possible? I personally would be more impressed by a person with 20 APM beating a recognized good player as opposed if someone with with 200 APM would do the same.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
July 04 2010 15:50 GMT
#25
I dont spam but to like 90 early game and stay in the 60's the rest of the game..
i just hit 123 or something usually, or actually move my probes to minerals

(1900 plat before reset)
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
July 04 2010 15:53 GMT
#26
1-2 units (2 scout)
3,4,5 hatches.

as i spam through my hatches i always check available drones and the inject larvae and tech bars and reposition rally points... so that hardly feels like wasted apm. double tap 2 to check my scouting ovie and repeat!
Tropics
Profile Joined August 2007
United Kingdom1132 Posts
July 04 2010 15:54 GMT
#27
4141414141414 spam rally

1 being my scout 4 being main

box spamming workers obv

past early game i dont spam cuz im actually trying to play
tfmdjeff
Profile Joined June 2010
United States170 Posts
July 04 2010 15:55 GMT
#28
i like to try to box each of my drones individually as fast as I can in the beginning of the game. It's not so much for raising my APM, but it just keeps me entertained and I feel like such a boss if I do it well.
Yuka
Profile Joined June 2010
United States133 Posts
July 04 2010 16:04 GMT
#29
I just average about 45 APM throughout an entire game and don't stress it.
Race? No, I'm equally bad with all of them.
Pebble
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany326 Posts
July 04 2010 16:04 GMT
#30
1 overlord
2 scouting drone
4 hatch

And I try to bend my fingers to stretch them a little while spamming buttons 1,2+4. And I also like to click on the minerals as fast as I can to practice a little on my accuracy.
3:50 PM jaedung: scouting is useless in sc2
farseer_dk
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada71 Posts
July 04 2010 16:08 GMT
#31
I do not do this... at all... is that bad?
mao
EliteAzn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States661 Posts
July 04 2010 16:28 GMT
#32
On July 05 2010 01:08 farseer_dk wrote:
I do not do this... at all... is that bad?


no...it's just a preference.

You should already know, APM does not equal skill

Personally, i believe it's a trend...but all trends have their outliers.
(╯`Д´)╯︵ ┻━┻ High Five! _o /\ o_
Squirrel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
July 04 2010 16:32 GMT
#33
When I move a unit I tend to click the spot a bajillion times.
Gedrah
Profile Joined February 2010
465 Posts
July 04 2010 16:38 GMT
#34
I try to smoke between 7 and 8 or 8 and 9, or after paying for 10 if I'm zerg.
What is a dickfour?
QueueQueue
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada1000 Posts
July 04 2010 16:43 GMT
#35
Hotkey cc to 2, scv to 1 and hotkey spam along with boxing my scvs at the start. Usually peak at around 520-550 apm >.< lol
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
July 04 2010 16:44 GMT
#36
I try to smoke between 7 and 8 or 8 and 9, or after paying for 10 if I'm zerg.


I tried the same during a 6 pool.... worked out great ^^
Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
SantaClaws
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark11 Posts
July 04 2010 16:46 GMT
#37
I mineral micor, which does take most of my apm. After that I just box select and spam "return cargo". Also when I build workers, I don't just spam the hotkey, I also spam with the mouse button on the icon to get it started as soon as humanly possible :p
junemermaid
Profile Joined September 2006
United States981 Posts
July 04 2010 16:47 GMT
#38
On July 05 2010 00:28 green.at wrote:
i often waste apm on drinking water and sometimes miss to build the 2nd worker :D


come on man you gotta time that shit...
the UMP says YER OUT
micropede3
Profile Joined July 2010
United States5 Posts
July 04 2010 16:53 GMT
#39
what is my method?

well, sir, I like to pretend that my mouse and keyboard are your mom, and I have to touch them as much as possible.

does that answer your fucking question?
fuck you teamliquid
n3mo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States298 Posts
July 04 2010 17:06 GMT
#40
i go play piano haha =D
although in game, i cycle between 1 2 5 (scout, CC, rax) in the early game.
My hatred for [banelings] is way greater than my compassion
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft470
CranKy Ducklings60
EnkiAlexander 31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft470
RuFF_SC2 76
CosmosSc2 60
Nina 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 624
Dota 2
febbydoto8
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
taco 375
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox529
Other Games
summit1g8409
JimRising 692
Day[9].tv473
C9.Mang0367
Maynarde157
ViBE132
Livibee93
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv473
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 58m
Stellar Fest
10h 58m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.