• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:20
CEST 00:20
KST 07:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9158 users

Blizzard: "No plans for chatrooms, crossrealm play" - Page…

Forum Index > SC2 General
2308 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 116 Next
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
June 04 2010 03:10 GMT
#2101
Everyone will buy the game because they still WANT TO PLAY Starcraft 2. I mean, all the other BS aside, the basic gameplay remains unchanged.

I'm pissed about all of this, especially cross-realm, but I'm still going to buy it. 'Cause I really, really like the game and want to play it.

I think there's a lot of people out there who will do the same tbh.
Plethora
Profile Joined July 2007
United States206 Posts
June 04 2010 03:28 GMT
#2102
On June 04 2010 12:10 Subversion wrote:
Everyone will buy the game because they still WANT TO PLAY Starcraft 2. I mean, all the other BS aside, the basic gameplay remains unchanged.

I'm pissed about all of this, especially cross-realm, but I'm still going to buy it. 'Cause I really, really like the game and want to play it.

I think there's a lot of people out there who will do the same tbh.


I don't think that you are wrong. I know that I won't buy it but I think for most people you are probably correct.

But the thing I would ask of people who really care and want to make a difference is to at least consider waiting to purchase it. Even if people eventually buy the game anway, I think it could make a big difference if the initial sales push falls short of what is expected.
... Still like Brood War better... lol
Noise
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia47 Posts
June 04 2010 04:03 GMT
#2103
I won't buy it either, but most people probably will, and Activision is counting on it, since that's exactly what happened with CoD6.
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
June 04 2010 04:16 GMT
#2104
The other problem is that the amount of people who are hardcore competitive and really want all these things are probably a drop in the ocean.

I mean, the majority of people who will buy this game probably think Facebook integration is totally kickass, and will probably be unaware of issues with cross-realm etc until after they're already bought it.
Sokalo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States375 Posts
June 04 2010 04:53 GMT
#2105
On June 04 2010 13:16 Subversion wrote:
The other problem is that the amount of people who are hardcore competitive and really want all these things are probably a drop in the ocean.


Exactly.

And as far as Blizzard valuing their hardcore players there's another issue that many seem to be missing. If the current players and teams decide to boycott in any way, they'll just be replaced.

A game with millions of players is going to support a professional scene. The masses are what buoy the system. Whether or not it's the current batch of players that fill the hardcore role or some new ones doesn't matter. It's a zero sum game.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
klaw224
Profile Joined June 2010
Philippines8 Posts
June 04 2010 06:15 GMT
#2106
I'll buy it first day because i want the collectors edition Jim raynor necklace but im not gonna play it right away lol. does that count? :D
History is written by the victor
Boertie
Profile Joined July 2009
Netherlands98 Posts
June 04 2010 08:57 GMT
#2107
"You must construct additional accounts." If you want to play cross region.

The thing is people want to let us believe we live in this global internet community yet every company tries to divide us in regions so they can make more money. That is ok with me, but do not expect me to buy a new car when I want to drive my car in Germany.
Waar homos inroeren is wat wij vervoeren!
klaw224
Profile Joined June 2010
Philippines8 Posts
June 04 2010 09:00 GMT
#2108
On June 04 2010 12:10 Subversion wrote:
Everyone will buy the game because they still WANT TO PLAY Starcraft 2. I mean, all the other BS aside, the basic gameplay remains unchanged.

I'm pissed about all of this, especially cross-realm, but I'm still going to buy it. 'Cause I really, really like the game and want to play it.

I think there's a lot of people out there who will do the same tbh.

[image loading]

History is written by the victor
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
June 04 2010 11:06 GMT
#2109
DO YOU REALLY WANT CHATROOMS??? KEKEKEKE
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
PobTheCad
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Australia893 Posts
June 04 2010 11:44 GMT
#2110
On June 03 2010 03:10 Afterhours wrote:
The hardcore of the hardcore seem to be the smallest portion of the pie to please. Probably because they're the ones with the highest, almost ridiculous, expectations.

how is asking for chat channels in a multiplayer service a ridiculous expectation

you are a troll good sir
Once again back is the incredible!
Bane_
Profile Joined October 2005
United Kingdom494 Posts
June 04 2010 11:50 GMT
#2111
I figure I'll hold off making any decisions either way until I've seen what the online experience is like in the 2nd phase of the beta. They've previously made it sound like a fair amount might change between now and then so it can't hurt to check it out first.
xtfftc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom2343 Posts
June 04 2010 11:57 GMT
#2112
That's not something you can do in all other countries, most don't have game stores, and so it's not something they generally work with.


Oh yeah, and we live in caves.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 04 2010 12:01 GMT
#2113
On June 04 2010 20:57 xtfftc wrote:
Show nested quote +
That's not something you can do in all other countries, most don't have game stores, and so it's not something they generally work with.


Oh yeah, and we live in caves.

Thought it was castles for you lot?
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 12:09:38
June 04 2010 12:04 GMT
#2114
On June 04 2010 20:50 Bane_ wrote:
I figure I'll hold off making any decisions either way until I've seen what the online experience is like in the 2nd phase of the beta. They've previously made it sound like a fair amount might change between now and then so it can't hurt to check it out first.




They have said that what we see is pretty much release.


On June 04 2010 21:01 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 04 2010 20:57 xtfftc wrote:
That's not something you can do in all other countries, most don't have game stores, and so it's not something they generally work with.


Oh yeah, and we live in caves.

Thought it was castles for you lot?



Get back in your cave. You know Swedes arnt allowed to use electrical devices.

Good interview btw.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
abrasion
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia722 Posts
June 04 2010 12:25 GMT
#2115
On June 04 2010 12:10 Subversion wrote:
Everyone will buy the game because they still WANT TO PLAY Starcraft 2. I mean, all the other BS aside, the basic gameplay remains unchanged.

I'm pissed about all of this, especially cross-realm, but I'm still going to buy it. 'Cause I really, really like the game and want to play it.

I think there's a lot of people out there who will do the same tbh.



No they won't
Most will buy it, some will have the balls to say no.
I will be one of those ones.
derpmods
shinogi
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom45 Posts
June 04 2010 13:17 GMT
#2116
they should add chat rooms.

they should alow cross realm custom games, as it enables international tournaments and practise with friends in other regions.

and they could even let you transfer to a different region to be able to play there ladders, like realm transfers work in wow. you pay small sum and can't transfer back for 2weeks/30days or something. therefore enabling top players to go and practise on asian ladders etc ahead of tournaments without buying the game twice.


surely it would also increase the longjevity with players who just ladder, "well i'm top of my us division, guess i'll transfer to eu and see if i can get top of that division too"
fantomex
Profile Joined June 2009
United States313 Posts
June 04 2010 13:43 GMT
#2117
Map hacking and lack of built in tournaments are much larger problems than lack of chat channels.
Replay or GTFO
aimaimaim
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines2167 Posts
June 04 2010 13:50 GMT
#2118
On June 04 2010 22:43 fantomex wrote:
Map hacking and lack of built in tournaments are much larger problems than lack of chat channels.


why are you talking about map hacking??
Religion is a dying idea .. || 'E-sport' outside Korea are nerds who wants to feel like rockstars. || I'm not gonna fuck with trolls on General Forum ever again .. FUCK!
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-04 13:56:57
June 04 2010 13:55 GMT
#2119
OP should try and put notice into the starting post on when and what parts where edited in from the original post. I saw this thread when it was new but havent followed it all that closely as of late and was a bit confused whether or not the blues responses where in the original post or not(which I remembered after a while that they werent). Just saying.

Edit: ofc my memory could be completely failing me and I'm just talking gibberish.
Do you really want chat rooms?
artanis2
Profile Joined April 2010
United States732 Posts
June 04 2010 21:21 GMT
#2120
Yea mang, chat rooms are hard to code. Can't do it.
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 116 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE125
Nina 118
Nathanias 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16150
Artosis 323
White-Ra 316
ToSsGirL 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever312
NeuroSwarm126
League of Legends
Doublelift3980
Counter-Strike
fl0m1347
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox630
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1893
Liquid`Hasu1521
Trikslyr56
Other Games
summit1g6631
Grubby3387
ArmadaUGS1119
shahzam558
C9.Mang0271
JimRising 228
Mew2King60
ZombieGrub60
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• davetesta25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Scarra1031
• Shiphtur278
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 40m
OSC
14h 40m
Stellar Fest
14h 40m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.