• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:15
CEST 18:15
KST 01:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)47Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8443 users

The state of Battle.net 2.0 - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27 28 Next All
DrakanSilva
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Chile932 Posts
May 22 2010 22:08 GMT
#81
Nice read, i will give out another perspective that is also frustrating me and i think that is also a big problem for many others like me.

My mayor problem as a tournament manager with Bnet 2.0 patch 13 is how i'm going to be able to group everybody and keeping their information as private as possible.

I respect people who don't want to give away their email accounts, even less if that account is their facebook account where i can find out who their relatives are, his relationship & every single information.

I can't imagine how hard it will be for Craftcup or gosucoaching to manage their tournament (I only know this ones) with +300 signed up players.

You can add people without their real ID after playing with them or by making a party.
But when you make a party with more than 3 people you cannot create 1v1 map wich is absolutely riciculous, so you can't manage a tournament with a party of 32 people (i don't even know wich is the maximum numbers of party members possible)

There are many flaws in Bnet 2.0, and as far is know SC longevity depends on competitive multiplayer gaming (tournaments) and Bnet 2.0 isn't making that easier.

What will happen to Clan Leagues, Nation Wars, ICCUP, etc...
They made SCBW survive all this years.

For me, the main purpose for beta testing SC2 is under a competitive enviroment unless they expect SC2 to die soon and we all go back to SCBW or WC3.

I loved SC2 before this patch, now i'm very sad and disappointed.
Dustin Bowder go back to C&C.
In the beginning there was nothing... and then exploded
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 22:08:54
May 22 2010 22:08 GMT
#82
FA just owned this thread

pretty amazing post
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
May 22 2010 22:09 GMT
#83
On May 23 2010 07:05 ymirheim wrote:
@FrozenArbiter

Woah, wait man. I was talking about social infrastructure only Although I fully agree with you on several of the features that we know won't be there. Maybe it was because my posts started off as a reply to a line of argument on chat systems or maybe I just failed to make it clear that is what I meant. I am quite skilled at making myself misunderstood so that is possible
My apologies if I got people confused.

Anyway, all my posts relate only to core social features most prominently smoother friends management and chat.

As for all the other stuff I completely agree with most of that it is bad and that we won't see it. The biggest issue for me is the separate servers and the lack of global ranking. The lack of lan support I fully understand actually. They pretty much have to go with that in order to control hacking and piracy. Not saying I like it but I understand why it has to be that way.

Oh I see, sorry =] It's all good tho, that rant was long in the making.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
ymirheim
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden300 Posts
May 22 2010 22:12 GMT
#84
On May 23 2010 07:09 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 23 2010 07:05 ymirheim wrote:
@FrozenArbiter

Woah, wait man. I was talking about social infrastructure only Although I fully agree with you on several of the features that we know won't be there. Maybe it was because my posts started off as a reply to a line of argument on chat systems or maybe I just failed to make it clear that is what I meant. I am quite skilled at making myself misunderstood so that is possible
My apologies if I got people confused.

Anyway, all my posts relate only to core social features most prominently smoother friends management and chat.

As for all the other stuff I completely agree with most of that it is bad and that we won't see it. The biggest issue for me is the separate servers and the lack of global ranking. The lack of lan support I fully understand actually. They pretty much have to go with that in order to control hacking and piracy. Not saying I like it but I understand why it has to be that way.

Oh I see, sorry =] It's all good tho, that rant was long in the making.

And good thing you made it, I pretty much agree with it 100%.

I especially hate the fact that I will have to buy at least two different copies of the game to play with both my american and european friends.. I guess I understand the logic behind having the regions on separate servers. But they should at least let you "transfer" your account between servers.
The only thing you should feel when you shoot someone... is the recoil
Toxi78
Profile Joined May 2010
966 Posts
May 22 2010 22:12 GMT
#85
rather than blaming them for all the stupid shit they have implemented into the "social interface", lets think about all the awesome GAMING features they could have implemented.
-a generalized replays database, on which you could find every ladder game from the best divisions.
-a "waaaghtv"-like interface sothat an unlimited ammount of people could watch a game live as observers, and lets dream, maybe make it so that people chat togehter?
-a LAN feature, e-sports , anyone?
-an implemented IRC interface to organize clanwars, tournaments etc.
-A FUCKING CHAT LOBBY
-how about add-ons just like in wow (never played wow just heard of it) sothat big organizations could release their addons, and lets dream, an ESL addon to check your clanwars and the ESL ladder, or add-ons to listen to some shoutcast during a LIVE GAME that you could watch as an observer.

but i think they just asked random faggots in the streets and the guys were like ..mhhh....if there is facebook....i could buy it....
Phayze
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2029 Posts
May 22 2010 22:12 GMT
#86
This last patch truly let me see how garbage Battle.net 2.0 is.

It's gross, it's unnapealing, I want it gone.

I dont want facebook on a video games, I and i TRULY do NOT want my name visible to every arse i want on my friends list.

I cant explain how unappealing this new battle net is. Remove it, Introduce battle.net 1.0, Everyone wins. Battle.net 1.0 with a new interface is the way to go IMO.
Proud member of the LGA-1366 Core-i7 4Ghz Club
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 22:16:52
May 22 2010 22:13 GMT
#87
We've found that certainly for us, StarCraft is a vastly superior experience when playing against someone of equal skill as you, and that might not be your friends.


It is almost unreal he uses this as part of his justification for removing LAN. I cannot believe he actually said this.

No way of telling who the host is?
- No way of searching? Check


The host is in white letters (it's hard to see) and you can search for published maps, which actually seems to work great (it's in the top right), much better than any other aspect of custom games right now. Too bad all custom games are unplayable at the moment because of lag and input delay.
Wolfpox
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada164 Posts
May 22 2010 22:13 GMT
#88
This whole thread is full of so much ignorance its astounding.

Do you think what we're seeing now is EVERYTHING Blizzard has worked on? There are huge areas of the game that are "Disabled for Beta" because they don't want us to be preoccupied testing those things -- but that doesn't mean they're not working on it, idiots.

Do you not realize that there are different teams working on different areas of the system? The people who implemented Facebook have a different role than the people who balance the game or work on the clan features, etc.

What a ridiculous bunch of unappreciative ignorance.
[B] Butigroove wrote:[/B] Blizzard is double expanding to the natural gold base of our poor little nerd hearts.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
May 22 2010 22:14 GMT
#89
FA right on spot with a perfect post. <3

we should all copy that text and mailbomb blizz with it.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
FortuneSyn
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1826 Posts
May 22 2010 22:15 GMT
#90
FA is right on the money.
DrakanSilva
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Chile932 Posts
May 22 2010 22:15 GMT
#91
Wolfpox battle.net casual gamer troll poster ftw.
In the beginning there was nothing... and then exploded
Renaissance
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada273 Posts
May 22 2010 22:16 GMT
#92
Does anyone dare to make a post on the Blizzard SC2 forum complaining on how much Battle.net 2.0 sucks? I'm not trying to start something bad, but seriously... just look at Jinro's post. You're telling me those things could not be done yet (if ever)? StarCraft fans have waited for a sequel in over a decade and you've come up with.... this?!
Live forever or die trying.
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
May 22 2010 22:16 GMT
#93
lets hope the no lan thing dont LAG!! or it will ruined any tourney for this game
chraej.
Profile Joined February 2010
51 Posts
May 22 2010 22:16 GMT
#94
On May 23 2010 07:13 Wolfpox wrote:
This whole thread is full of so much ignorance its astounding.

Do you think what we're seeing now is EVERYTHING Blizzard has worked on? There are huge areas of the game that are "Disabled for Beta" because they don't want us to be preoccupied testing those things -- but that doesn't mean they're not working on it, idiots.

Do you not realize that there are different teams working on different areas of the system? The people who implemented Facebook have a different role than the people who balance the game or work on the clan features, etc.

What a ridiculous bunch of unappreciative ignorance.



while i kind of agree with what you are saying, seeing the posts actually listing all the LACK OF features really puts things in perspective that there really is not very much to appreciate at the moment :/

esp. considering all the features that they CHOSE not to implement and may never implement.
from the ashes
greycubed
Profile Joined May 2010
United States615 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 22:18:12
May 22 2010 22:17 GMT
#95
All I want is a chatroom/channel. We can ghetto rig the rest of the social functions that bnet lacks ourselves if we just had that.
http://i.imgur.com/N3ujB.png
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-22 22:21:19
May 22 2010 22:18 GMT
#96
-a generalized replays database, on which you could find every ladder game from the best divisions.

This is actually something they have planned for their Proleague division. Assuming the pay or prestige is high, I can see it working. If not, I think pros are gonna be reluctant to have ALL their replays public.

Dustin Bowder go back to C&C

While I resent his comment about pulling wings off butterflies (come on, what has that got to do with wanting LAN man ? I've always like Browder but that was just offensive), I really don't think you can blame him for 99% of the battle.net direction.

As far as I understand it, that's a separate team and they don't really interact THAT much.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
May 22 2010 22:18 GMT
#97
Jinro man that last post strikes home too much ;( Excellent OP btw I could not agree more on many of these points. We are all just hoping but it's becoming increasingly more apparent that they have just FUCKED things up royally so far. The beta going down is their chance at rebirth, but I am losing faith quickly. Seriously what the fuck blizzard, it's like they really had no clue what they were doing when they made Bnet. They really seemed to put the bottom line of making money out of Bnet above basic's that gamers EXPECT especially from blizzard. Sad times... really.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
May 22 2010 22:18 GMT
#98
On May 23 2010 07:17 wrgrbl wrote:
All I want is a chatroom. We can ghetto rig the rest of the social functions that bnet lacks ourselves if we just had that.

The truth.
I wouldn't need a working friends list, working game lobbies, or whatever if only there were chat rooms. =[
Beyonder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands15103 Posts
May 22 2010 22:20 GMT
#99
Thank you, FA. Friends wondered why I was angry at the Facebook feature; you just summed it up exactly. So much is missing which shouldn't be hard at all to implement.

I've loved this game and I love it already. But my faith is slowly deminishing as time and patches go by... And with the little time left to the release? I just cannot believe it.
Moderator
jstar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada568 Posts
May 22 2010 22:20 GMT
#100
yea facebook integration was the most retarded thing they could've done to bnet.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1230
ComeBackTV 581
SteadfastSC460
TaKeTV 452
LamboSC2380
IndyStarCraft 158
Rex127
EnkiAlexander 62
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 460
LamboSC2 380
mouzHeroMarine 222
IndyStarCraft 158
ProTech156
Rex 127
BRAT_OK 71
UpATreeSC 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32654
Shuttle 1884
EffOrt 927
Mini 619
Light 557
Soma 445
Rush 339
firebathero 318
Snow 206
ZerO 173
[ Show more ]
hero 163
sorry 58
Sea.KH 57
Killer 46
Liquid`Ret 39
Mong 32
Shinee 32
ToSsGirL 30
Sexy 22
soO 20
Bale 19
Shine 18
Trap 18
Free 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8542
qojqva1279
Dendi933
420jenkins157
Counter-Strike
fl0m1314
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2271
crisheroes1475
XaKoH 198
MindelVK8
Other Games
singsing1876
B2W.Neo1008
Beastyqt211
Hui .199
ArmadaUGS193
KnowMe124
QueenE107
Mew2King91
Trikslyr67
ToD49
Dewaltoss41
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 20
• Adnapsc2 2
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• HerbMon 13
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3262
• TFBlade1115
Other Games
• Shiphtur252
• WagamamaTV218
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 45m
Stellar Fest
20h 45m
OSC
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 17h
Online Event
1d 18h
FEL
1d 23h
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.