• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:17
CEST 02:17
KST 09:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8031 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 99 Next
MinoMino
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1103 Posts
April 17 2010 06:38 GMT
#101
Haha, I like this concept, though I think there's going to be a bunch of people who registered just to self-nominate and then forget about it. I predict that no one will get a key, sadly.
Blah.
Artisan
Profile Joined February 2010
United States336 Posts
April 17 2010 06:38 GMT
#102
I am going to laugh when everyone opts out except the guy who never checks for forums and he receives a key and never knows about it
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 17 2010 06:39 GMT
#103
flamewheel91 is still laughing his ass off.
Tonight has been another great night on teamliquid.net
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
April 17 2010 06:39 GMT
#104
Ahahah that's awesome, great idea
Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
Prometheus2011
Profile Joined March 2010
Kazakhstan76 Posts
April 17 2010 06:41 GMT
#105
Its like one of those Saw movies, or some weird social experiment gone totally awry on the internet.
I give this two enthusiastic thumbs up.
I intend to live forever... so far so good.
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
April 17 2010 06:41 GMT
#106
My nomination was technically for my friend, since I wanted one in order to give it to him >_>
prog.ress
Profile Joined April 2010
United States142 Posts
April 17 2010 06:42 GMT
#107
I know it's more logical to relate this to game theory or psychology, but I immediately thought of this.
+ Show Spoiler +
Adventure without risk is Disneyland
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:43:39
April 17 2010 06:42 GMT
#108
On April 17 2010 15:36 Spazer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 15:28 ZlaSHeR wrote:
Great idea for the site. I'll reiterate my case:

I am a young adult, and have been playing starcraft on and off since the year 1999-2000, I remember getting it for christmas that year. I've been playing several competitive games on and off at the highest level, such as Counterstrike and a few MMORPGs and a few RTS's. I was recently engaged, and my fiancee told me she'd like to play SC2 with me after seeing the passion I have for the game (She is a gamer also, in fact she is an artist who designs and draws the artwork in video games). I have been constantly watching streams and reading threads, in fact I am a moderator on LZGamers livestream channel. I have touched SC2 but 2-3 games while at my cousin's house but that was while I was on spring break visiting him. I would love nothing more than to be a part of this beta, and I assure you I would put the key to good use.

So please, maybe you guys can consider the newly engaged into joining into the beta, I would very much appreciate it, although I'm sure we all have good reasons to stick in this competition, I would do whatever it takes to help out our community.

You do realize that this is basically the single worst thread on TL to advertise yourself in, right?


Yes and no, I wrote the same post page two of the original nomination list, didn't think THAT many people would nominate themselves with zero reason, purpose, past experience, etc.

The more I think about it, the more I want to drop out though. Even if I stayed in the whole time, not only would nobody win the keys, but you'd feel guilty for winning them.

With that said, I drop out. My fiancee thinks I'm crazy lol, but hey...who knows.

I've tried entering so many contests, and joining every possible giveaway to no avail, other than my cousin, I don't really know anybody who has gotten into the beta so I doubt I'll be getting any friend invites that way. Maybe this is a sign that I should stay patient and hope and pray, get lucky and get selected, that or just wait out til release.

With all that said, Hot_Bid, I will be the 6th person to drop out of this section.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
snpnx
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany454 Posts
April 17 2010 06:43 GMT
#109
This is a great way to handle the self nominations!
"Language is Freeware, in that it's free to use, but it's not Open Source, so you can't just change things how you like."
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
April 17 2010 06:44 GMT
#110
I just found this thread and completely LOLed.
God Bless
Kouda
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States2205 Posts
April 17 2010 06:45 GMT
#111
LOL Saw much?
GoodCat1
Profile Joined May 2009
Israel266 Posts
April 17 2010 06:46 GMT
#112
On April 17 2010 15:42 prog.ress wrote:
I know it's more logical to relate this to game theory or psychology, but I immediately thought of this.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-T7yPJVvXw



damn battle royale is such an awesome movie!!!!


and no way i'm gonna to unnominate myself,i'm following Sc2 development from 2007
ZerO FAN~!~!~!
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
April 17 2010 06:48 GMT
#113
Hello self-nominators.

Let's play a game. That platform you're standing on is currently going down towards an acid pit because of heavy weight. You have to decrease your weight to prevent it going down any further. Once the platform feels light enough, it will start going up back to the surface. Be creative.
Cheree
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada123 Posts
April 17 2010 06:48 GMT
#114
Erm, just in case everyone steps down. I'll step up.
*wants beta*
ComradeDover
Profile Joined November 2009
Bulgaria758 Posts
April 17 2010 06:49 GMT
#115
I've been mulling it over, and what this really comes down to for me is if the editor will make an appearance in the beta at any point. Last I heard it isn't, but I'm not 100% sure and that's what's keeping me in.

If I could get some kind of 100% absolute foolproof guarantee that the Galaxy editor won't be released in a future beta patch (And I can't. How can someone be 100% sure about the future?), then I would have no problem opting out. The problem is I'm still clinging to hope.
Bring back 2v2s!
heroyi
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1064 Posts
April 17 2010 06:50 GMT
#116
i would like to honestly get one. im trying to get better at this game and i would love to experience sc2.

i would like to nominate myself

the only reason, however, that i am nominating myself is because i came too late for the noob thread (one where it asks for noobs to this website to nominate and won by the quality of the posts they made).

i would like the decider to look through my posts and see if i made good quality posts.

also i have written all of this while i am tipsy. if that is any consolation. actually scratch that...i am somewhat drunk and very tired.
wat wat in my pants
Artisan
Profile Joined February 2010
United States336 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:50:45
April 17 2010 06:50 GMT
#117
Pretty sure they did say GalaxyEditor would appear sometime in Beta
Neos
Profile Joined June 2009
United States400 Posts
April 17 2010 06:51 GMT
#118
On April 17 2010 15:48 lolaloc wrote:
Hello self-nominators.

Let's play a game. That platform you're standing on is currently going down towards an acid pit because of heavy weight. You have to decrease your weight to prevent it going down any further. Once the platform feels light enough, it will start going up back to the surface. Be creative.

Sounds like we should start pushing people off.
ComradeDover
Profile Joined November 2009
Bulgaria758 Posts
April 17 2010 06:51 GMT
#119
On April 17 2010 15:50 Artisan wrote:
Pretty sure they did say GalaxyEditor would appear sometime in Beta


And then Pardo or someone retracted that statement later, and that just leaves me a confused mapmaker.
Bring back 2v2s!
eSen1a
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia1058 Posts
April 17 2010 06:51 GMT
#120
On April 17 2010 15:45 Kouda wrote:
LOL Saw much?

haha first thing i thought too
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings100
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O156
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 161
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 957
ZZZero.O 156
Bale 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
Doublelift5179
JimRising 704
Counter-Strike
minikerr18
Other Games
summit1g10484
FrodaN2831
C9.Mang0285
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP98
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 43m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 43m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 43m
Replay Cast
22h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.