• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:55
CEST 07:55
KST 14:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8247 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 97 98 99 Next
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
April 17 2010 06:31 GMT
#81
On April 17 2010 14:49 FSP.Siggy wrote:
Best. Competition. Ever.

my exact thoughts, I love you guys for this
sad that it won't get below 100 people though...
Stopdroproll
Profile Joined March 2010
United States101 Posts
April 17 2010 06:31 GMT
#82
I'm sure everyone with keys will love this.
But at what cost?
Gao Xi
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Hong Kong5178 Posts
April 17 2010 06:32 GMT
#83
On April 17 2010 15:31 Shiladie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 14:49 FSP.Siggy wrote:
Best. Competition. Ever.

my exact thoughts, I love you guys for this
sad that it won't get below 100 people though...

I don't think it'll drop below 130.
龔智禮 _________________________________________________________________________________________________ CJ NATION
mcneebs
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada391 Posts
April 17 2010 06:32 GMT
#84
I stand behind the fact that if those getting the keys are more deserving, then they are more deserving. I had no idea that the nomination thread would be so big when I posted in it. I really don't mind everyone BUT me getting a key, provided that they're not a 1 post count user who obviously is only here for the contest.
You do it to yourself. Just you. You and no one else.
Chen
Profile Joined June 2009
United States6344 Posts
April 17 2010 06:32 GMT
#85
What you should do, is give the keys to the first people who volunteer to cross themselves off the list
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
April 17 2010 06:33 GMT
#86
On April 17 2010 15:32 Chen wrote:
What you should do, is give the keys to the first people who volunteer to cross themselves off the list


Didn't we already address this reverse-psychology issue? Haha. I'm sure everyone was thinking it too. xD
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
April 17 2010 06:34 GMT
#87
Oh mods, you never cease to amuse.

Something tells me all the one post people who created accounts just to nominate themselves are going to be stubborn here.
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
April 17 2010 06:34 GMT
#88
LOL now you're just fucking with people.
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
April 17 2010 06:34 GMT
#89
I'm not gonna lie. My name is on that list but this is a pretty awesome way to handle the situation.
DownMaxX
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada1311 Posts
April 17 2010 06:34 GMT
#90
This is awesome. I'm glad I didn't self-nominate. :3
parasite
Thereisnosaurus
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia1822 Posts
April 17 2010 06:34 GMT
#91
God bless ye merry gentlemen
let nothing you dismay
for surely many honest folk
shall come forth on this day
Poisonous Sheep counter Hydras
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
April 17 2010 06:35 GMT
#92
On April 17 2010 15:34 jgju wrote:
Oh mods, you never cease to amuse.

Something tells me all the one post people who created accounts just to nominate themselves are going to be stubborn here.


Or forgot how many names they used to nominate themself and forget to opt one out of this!
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
April 17 2010 06:35 GMT
#93
I only have one issue with this which is that when i was looking through the nomination thread, many people made brand new accounts just to make their first post that the nominate themselves, I'm not sure if those same people would even find this thread. I think that might be a reason we won't make it.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
April 17 2010 06:36 GMT
#94
lol I was about to post prisoner's dilemma until someone else did. I suppose if people played person game theory, the nobody would end up getting a key, but I suppose a lot of ppl are going to feel guilty about getting a key when nobody else does.
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:37:11
April 17 2010 06:36 GMT
#95
On April 17 2010 15:28 ZlaSHeR wrote:
Great idea for the site. I'll reiterate my case:

I am a young adult, and have been playing starcraft on and off since the year 1999-2000, I remember getting it for christmas that year. I've been playing several competitive games on and off at the highest level, such as Counterstrike and a few MMORPGs and a few RTS's. I was recently engaged, and my fiancee told me she'd like to play SC2 with me after seeing the passion I have for the game (She is a gamer also, in fact she is an artist who designs and draws the artwork in video games). I have been constantly watching streams and reading threads, in fact I am a moderator on LZGamers livestream channel. I have touched SC2 but 2-3 games while at my cousin's house but that was while I was on spring break visiting him. I would love nothing more than to be a part of this beta, and I assure you I would put the key to good use.

So please, maybe you guys can consider the newly engaged into joining into the beta, I would very much appreciate it, although I'm sure we all have good reasons to stick in this competition, I would do whatever it takes to help out our community.

You do realize that this is basically the single worst thread on TL to advertise yourself in, right?

On April 17 2010 15:36 Chairman Ray wrote:
lol I was about to post prisoner's dilemma until someone else did. I suppose if people played person game theory, the nobody would end up getting a key, but I suppose a lot of ppl are going to feel guilty about getting a key when nobody else does.

Fortunately, there's nothing to feel guilty over if nobody gets a key!
Liquipedia
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:37:43
April 17 2010 06:36 GMT
#96
Teamliquid...I want to play a game.

But yeah, the list in OP is super great for checking whose posts/opinions you can completely disregard as worthless
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
April 17 2010 06:36 GMT
#97
On April 17 2010 15:35 ZlaSHeR wrote:
I only have one issue with this which is that when i was looking through the nomination thread, many people made brand new accounts just to make their first post that the nominate themselves, I'm not sure if those same people would even find this thread. I think that might be a reason we won't make it.


We already addressed this as well.
Render
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States249 Posts
April 17 2010 06:36 GMT
#98
This thread is near perfect. The only thing missing is the actual feeding on the flesh of our self-sacrificed brothers. If you were trapped on a mountain with no food, or even more frightening no SC2 Beta key, would you sacrifice your tender meaty flesh for your companions? This thread will answer that question.

+ Show Spoiler +
I'ma go ahead and guess no.
Rose my color is and white, pretty mouth and green my eyes.
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
April 17 2010 06:37 GMT
#99
I'm still holding my nomination for myself, yes im selfish. I'll consider withdrawing depending on who is left on sunday night.

But if I win, I promise to stream for 12hours straight -_-
Neos
Profile Joined June 2009
United States400 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:42:13
April 17 2010 06:37 GMT
#100
And I thought this list meant all of us got keys.
Wonder how many keys they're hiding away from us.

-It's also pretty obvious by now that no one's gonna be getting anything here.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 97 98 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 215
ProTech137
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 202
Dewaltoss 125
Bale 36
ZergMaN 26
Noble 10
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 714
Other Games
summit1g11254
Sick232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2173
League of Legends
• Rush1192
• Lourlo1078
• Stunt143
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 5m
Replay Cast
17h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.