• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:24
CEST 08:24
KST 15:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10809 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 97 98 99 Next
ComradeDover
Profile Joined November 2009
Bulgaria758 Posts
April 17 2010 05:56 GMT
#21
I'm torn. On one hand, I really want to help the community and I don't really need a key that much, especially since as far as I know the editor won't be included in any phase of the beta anymore and that's really what I was excited about the most. On the other hand, being dependent on someone else for beta access really sucks, and I'm splitting resources so nobody gets full enjoyment...

I think I'll wait this one out and sleep on it for a few.
Bring back 2v2s!
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
April 17 2010 05:57 GMT
#22
I wish I nominated myself so I coulda been that stubborn guy... =(
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
ejac
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1195 Posts
April 17 2010 05:58 GMT
#23
On April 17 2010 14:57 SuperJongMan wrote:
I wish I nominated myself so I coulda been that stubborn guy... =(

Same, I was thinking of nominating myself, but didn't bother. Wish I had now
esq>n
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 05:59:25
April 17 2010 05:58 GMT
#24
LOL. This is like the perfect setting to test rational actor behavior. I bet less than half give it up.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
April 17 2010 05:58 GMT
#25
I don't want to withdraw. I am firm with my decision to obtain one extra key for the purpose of boosting our local StarCraft scene just at least a bit.
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
April 17 2010 05:58 GMT
#26
This is simply badass.
Sup.
palanq
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States761 Posts
April 17 2010 05:59 GMT
#27
wow, this is some crazy game theory/optimal bidding type problem. the optimal solution involves people who value the beta keys a lot paying the people who value it less some $$ amount to cross their names off the list. but there seems some incentive not to be completely honest... also the whole cutoff thing makes it even weirder, like if there are 49 people left, the last person might be able to demand a lot...

I really hope the "irrational"/selfless noise in game theoretic decisionmaking lets this happen. good luck!
time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
Wedge
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada580 Posts
April 17 2010 05:59 GMT
#28
YES! Haha, I'll bet 50% of those 1 post guys never post here ever again.
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:01:26
April 17 2010 06:00 GMT
#29
looool
EDIT: I still think Ace should get a key.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:01:42
April 17 2010 06:01 GMT
#30
On April 17 2010 14:58 lolaloc wrote:
I don't want to withdraw. I am firm with my decision to obtain one extra key for the purpose of boosting our local StarCraft scene just at least a bit.

what if I told you that refusing to withdraw blacklists you from all future beta key give aways

just kidding

OR AM I
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
April 17 2010 06:01 GMT
#31
On April 17 2010 14:59 Wedge wrote:
YES! Haha, I'll bet 50% of those 1 post guys never post here ever again.

Suggestion, can we automatically eliminate those 1 post guys if they don't respond until the deadline?
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
April 17 2010 06:01 GMT
#32
On April 17 2010 14:59 Wedge wrote:
YES! Haha, I'll bet 50% of those 1 post guys never post here ever again.


Oh man, this is really true. Those guys won't even see this thread probably. That just kind of screws things over for everyone. :\
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
April 17 2010 06:01 GMT
#33
Im not in there >.< i am voting for meee! lol. yet again.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:05:24
April 17 2010 06:02 GMT
#34
On April 17 2010 15:01 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 14:59 Wedge wrote:
YES! Haha, I'll bet 50% of those 1 post guys never post here ever again.


Oh man, this is really true. Those guys won't even see this thread probably. That just kind of screws things over for everyone. :\

you mean people would ::gasp:: not read the forums regularly yet still nominate themselves??
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
April 17 2010 06:02 GMT
#35
On April 17 2010 15:01 lolaloc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 14:59 Wedge wrote:
YES! Haha, I'll bet 50% of those 1 post guys never post here ever again.

Suggestion, can we automatically eliminate those 1 post guys if they don't respond until the deadline?


but they have been lurking TL since they were in their mother's wombs!!
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
April 17 2010 06:03 GMT
#36
omg this is so awesome
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
FoieGras
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada270 Posts
April 17 2010 06:04 GMT
#37
This is like prisoner's dilemma. Everyone would be stubborn if they don't communicate with each other. On the other hand, they can organize something by PMing each other and find ways to share. You guys better get negotiating.
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:07:25
April 17 2010 06:05 GMT
#38
[image loading]
Guide: 1,0 means that you receive a key, everyone else does not.

Conclusion: You're all screwed. Thank you John Nash.


On April 17 2010 15:04 FoieGras wrote:
This is like prisoner's dilemma. Everyone would be stubborn if they don't communicate with each other. On the other hand, they can organize something by PMing each other and find ways to share. You guys better get negotiating.

The prisoner's dilemma has a very specific payoff matrix. Since both parties can't benefit if they cooperate, this isn't it.

Organization? Ain't gonna happen, guaranteed.
Liquipedia
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 06:06:21
April 17 2010 06:06 GMT
#39
Hot_Bid, I love you.
You know that?


On April 17 2010 15:05 Spazer wrote:
[image loading]
Guide: 1,0 means that you receive a key, everyone else does not.

Conclusion: You're all screwed. Thank you John Nash.

And this is lol.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
AsianEcksDragon
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1036 Posts
April 17 2010 06:06 GMT
#40
Wow this is gonna be hard. He didn't declare the number of keys available so people would be really reluctant to withdraw. I'm calling it now. No one's getting a key
神は乗り越えられる試練しか与えない
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 97 98 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 181
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 523
hero 471
BeSt 267
Mind 32
Bale 21
Terrorterran 15
Noble 13
ZergMaN 9
yabsab 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1128
League of Legends
JimRising 634
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
summit1g9485
Livibee45
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick514
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH360
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2278
League of Legends
• Rush1245
• Stunt455
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 36m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.