• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:10
CEST 07:10
KST 14:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10209 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 99

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99
NightOfTheDead
Profile Joined August 2009
Lithuania1711 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-19 14:30:17
April 19 2010 14:29 GMT
#1961
On April 19 2010 23:28 IntoTheWow wrote:
damn so close


care to elaborate what is the the margin (or number)?
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
April 19 2010 14:30 GMT
#1962
Lol this thread is so awesome, I read from ~50 to here. But where is that famous self-nominator thread?
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 19 2010 14:31 GMT
#1963
On April 19 2010 23:30 Navane wrote:
Lol this thread is so awesome, I read from ~50 to here. But where is that famous self-nominator thread?

It's been locked, just search with "nominate" in the TL search.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-19 14:37:48
April 19 2010 14:34 GMT
#1964
On April 19 2010 22:22 TheAntZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 21:36 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
Read this all last night when I got back from Austin, but I was really tired and the thread was locked anyway.

Many of you guys probably aren't happy about the outcome, but check this out.

On April 19 2010 20:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
Unfortunately too many of you guys stayed in the contest, so no keys will be awarded the list.

edit: the final result was actually way closer than I thought it would be, most on staff were predicting 50+ remaining


I have no idea if they didn't factor the absentee dropouts or if they predicted 50+ after all the factors, but regardless, you guys beat the prediction. Sure you didn't go all the way and not enough people dropped out, but you guys did good. You did okay.

I think that more than anything else, it's best to just realize what this thread has taught everyone. So what did it teach you?

God damn you are such a self important, arrogant, snobbish poster
when i see your posts in this thread, this is what i imagine
[image loading]


HAHA dude I am so sorry if it sounded like that, it wasn't at all like that. I was really just trying to reassure people that this wasn't really a bad thing. I didn't mean it in the way that these people should have learned a lesson, I just believe everything kind of has a lesson and that we should collectively try to find out what this taught all of us, myself included.

But yes, perhaps I need to choose my words more carefully then. :\ My apologies TheAntz.
ComradeDover
Profile Joined November 2009
Bulgaria758 Posts
April 19 2010 14:53 GMT
#1965
On April 19 2010 23:34 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 22:22 TheAntZ wrote:
On April 19 2010 21:36 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
Read this all last night when I got back from Austin, but I was really tired and the thread was locked anyway.

Many of you guys probably aren't happy about the outcome, but check this out.

On April 19 2010 20:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
Unfortunately too many of you guys stayed in the contest, so no keys will be awarded the list.

edit: the final result was actually way closer than I thought it would be, most on staff were predicting 50+ remaining


I have no idea if they didn't factor the absentee dropouts or if they predicted 50+ after all the factors, but regardless, you guys beat the prediction. Sure you didn't go all the way and not enough people dropped out, but you guys did good. You did okay.

I think that more than anything else, it's best to just realize what this thread has taught everyone. So what did it teach you?

God damn you are such a self important, arrogant, snobbish poster
when i see your posts in this thread, this is what i imagine
[image loading]


HAHA dude I am so sorry if it sounded like that, it wasn't at all like that. I was really just trying to reassure people that this wasn't really a bad thing. I didn't mean it in the way that these people should have learned a lesson, I just believe everything kind of has a lesson and that we should collectively try to find out what this taught all of us, myself included.

But yes, perhaps I need to choose my words more carefully then. :\ My apologies TheAntz.


Lol.
Bring back 2v2s!
Luga
Profile Joined April 2010
52 Posts
April 19 2010 14:59 GMT
#1966
Aw well that kind of sucks. I fell asleep -.- I kind of expected I woudnt get lucky enough to get a key.. I guess I'll have to try like the dusins other contests out there for one, hard to get a hold of a key so I can get into the awesomeness that is SC2.

A GOOD thing came out of this though, I did finally get the balls to sign in on what might be the best SC community. (Atleast that's what it seems like since everyone refer to this site)

So, shame about no key :-( But Yay to being a part of the community :D
... What do I say?
phlamez
Profile Joined January 2008
United States96 Posts
April 19 2010 15:06 GMT
#1967
To everyone speculating as to the amount of beta keys

1) hot bid has mentioned in previous posts that the number is higher than people were expecting
2) hot bid also mentioned that this would not detract from the 10 keys being given to people who were actually nominated

I have had a hard time determining where the keys came from given that out of the 50 keys TL got 10 go to nominees, 8 went to staff, 12 went to newbies, 10 to veterans, 5 went out in the showmatch, 3 have already been given out via scavenger hunt/ r1ch's challenges. Clearly the keys are coming from somewhere else unless there were only 2. My guess is that there were 20 or 15, although hot bid's post ab skytom (that he shouldn't have pointed out that he was still opted in) could mean that it might have actually been 25
SkytoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Austria1137 Posts
April 19 2010 15:08 GMT
#1968
On April 20 2010 00:06 phlamez wrote:
To everyone speculating as to the amount of beta keys

1) hot bid has mentioned in previous posts that the number is higher than people were expecting
2) hot bid also mentioned that this would not detract from the 10 keys being given to people who were actually nominated

I have had a hard time determining where the keys came from given that out of the 50 keys TL got 10 go to nominees, 8 went to staff, 12 went to newbies, 10 to veterans, 5 went out in the showmatch, 3 have already been given out via scavenger hunt/ r1ch's challenges. Clearly the keys are coming from somewhere else unless there were only 2. My guess is that there were 20 or 15, although hot bid's post ab skytom (that he shouldn't have pointed out that he was still opted in) could mean that it might have actually been 25


it actually really seems so. i feel bad but.. other guys (like the MAC guy) didn't opt out either, esspecially all those random 5post accounts.. if i knew i were the last one to opt out, i would have.
Bisu... ;-(
prosky
Profile Joined January 2007
Poland83 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-19 15:09:54
April 19 2010 15:09 GMT
#1969
W00w, still going on? So in the end noone got the keys?



( almost 100 pages of epic thread, yeah :D)
w00t th3 f00ck ?
DrTJEckleburg
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1080 Posts
April 19 2010 15:09 GMT
#1970
They probably have another plan to give out the keys and never intended on giving them away in this particular contest because they knew that not enough people would opt out.
Im pretty good at whistling with my hands, especially when Im holding a whistle.
Tdelamay
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada548 Posts
April 19 2010 15:14 GMT
#1971
This thread was meant as a punishment, and nothing else. It was obvious that many people wouldn't opt out.
This road isn't leading anywhere...
alexpnd
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1857 Posts
April 19 2010 15:20 GMT
#1972
On April 19 2010 23:53 ComradeDover wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 23:34 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
On April 19 2010 22:22 TheAntZ wrote:
On April 19 2010 21:36 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
Read this all last night when I got back from Austin, but I was really tired and the thread was locked anyway.

Many of you guys probably aren't happy about the outcome, but check this out.

On April 19 2010 20:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
Unfortunately too many of you guys stayed in the contest, so no keys will be awarded the list.

edit: the final result was actually way closer than I thought it would be, most on staff were predicting 50+ remaining


I have no idea if they didn't factor the absentee dropouts or if they predicted 50+ after all the factors, but regardless, you guys beat the prediction. Sure you didn't go all the way and not enough people dropped out, but you guys did good. You did okay.

I think that more than anything else, it's best to just realize what this thread has taught everyone. So what did it teach you?

God damn you are such a self important, arrogant, snobbish poster
when i see your posts in this thread, this is what i imagine
[image loading]


HAHA dude I am so sorry if it sounded like that, it wasn't at all like that. I was really just trying to reassure people that this wasn't really a bad thing. I didn't mean it in the way that these people should have learned a lesson, I just believe everything kind of has a lesson and that we should collectively try to find out what this taught all of us, myself included.

But yes, perhaps I need to choose my words more carefully then. :\ My apologies TheAntz.


Lol.


It's taught us that you can't beat human nature. And If you "do" you're considered a sucker.
www.brainyweb.ca //web stuff!
Badjas
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Netherlands2038 Posts
April 19 2010 15:21 GMT
#1973
On April 20 2010 00:14 Tdelamay wrote:
This thread was meant as a punishment, and nothing else. It was obvious that many people wouldn't opt out.

It is a punishment to those who dared to hope in mankind. I was not one of them.
I <3 the internet, I <3 you
ComradeDover
Profile Joined November 2009
Bulgaria758 Posts
April 19 2010 15:27 GMT
#1974
On April 20 2010 00:20 alexpnd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 23:53 ComradeDover wrote:
On April 19 2010 23:34 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
On April 19 2010 22:22 TheAntZ wrote:
On April 19 2010 21:36 IndecisivePenguin wrote:
Read this all last night when I got back from Austin, but I was really tired and the thread was locked anyway.

Many of you guys probably aren't happy about the outcome, but check this out.

On April 19 2010 20:22 Hot_Bid wrote:
Unfortunately too many of you guys stayed in the contest, so no keys will be awarded the list.

edit: the final result was actually way closer than I thought it would be, most on staff were predicting 50+ remaining


I have no idea if they didn't factor the absentee dropouts or if they predicted 50+ after all the factors, but regardless, you guys beat the prediction. Sure you didn't go all the way and not enough people dropped out, but you guys did good. You did okay.

I think that more than anything else, it's best to just realize what this thread has taught everyone. So what did it teach you?

God damn you are such a self important, arrogant, snobbish poster
when i see your posts in this thread, this is what i imagine
[image loading]


HAHA dude I am so sorry if it sounded like that, it wasn't at all like that. I was really just trying to reassure people that this wasn't really a bad thing. I didn't mean it in the way that these people should have learned a lesson, I just believe everything kind of has a lesson and that we should collectively try to find out what this taught all of us, myself included.

But yes, perhaps I need to choose my words more carefully then. :\ My apologies TheAntz.


Lol.


It's taught us that you can't beat human nature. And If you "do" you're considered a sucker.


How depressing. You must be a big hit at parties.

Remember that 50 of us opted out by choice, some of us immediately when we saw the opportunity to help our fellow man. I don't buy into this "human nature" nonsense.
Bring back 2v2s!
LuDwig-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Italy1143 Posts
April 19 2010 15:28 GMT
#1975
On April 19 2010 22:47 Hot_Bid wrote:
Dear List Members,

Stop sending me PMs. If your name was opted out, you either missed a deadline or you chose to opt out. It doesn't even make sense to try to get on the list because

1) the contest is over
2) even if it was not over, adding your name to the list means everyone is more likely to fail
3) there is no use to add your name to a list of people who did not receive anything

There is no benefit to being on the list anymore.

Thanks.



MAN we should put this post on main page!
It is fantastic!
I would like to put it on my sign forever and ever!

HAHAHAHAHAH

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120015&currentpage=98<--Search the HotBid's Post
member1987
Profile Joined February 2010
141 Posts
April 19 2010 15:35 GMT
#1976
this thread sucks big time, what kind of a deadline is less than a day?

Next time don't even bother creating such stupid thread and don't give out any keys.
Stopdroproll
Profile Joined March 2010
United States101 Posts
April 19 2010 15:45 GMT
#1977
On April 20 2010 00:35 member1987 wrote:
this thread sucks big time, what kind of a deadline is less than a day?

Next time don't even bother creating such stupid thread and don't give out any keys.


UMAD?
But at what cost?
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 19 2010 15:48 GMT
#1978
I think this thread has run its course.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-19 20:13:28
April 19 2010 20:04 GMT
#1979
On April 20 2010 00:08 SkytoM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2010 00:06 phlamez wrote:
To everyone speculating as to the amount of beta keys

1) hot bid has mentioned in previous posts that the number is higher than people were expecting
2) hot bid also mentioned that this would not detract from the 10 keys being given to people who were actually nominated

I have had a hard time determining where the keys came from given that out of the 50 keys TL got 10 go to nominees, 8 went to staff, 12 went to newbies, 10 to veterans, 5 went out in the showmatch, 3 have already been given out via scavenger hunt/ r1ch's challenges. Clearly the keys are coming from somewhere else unless there were only 2. My guess is that there were 20 or 15, although hot bid's post ab skytom (that he shouldn't have pointed out that he was still opted in) could mean that it might have actually been 25


it actually really seems so. i feel bad but.. other guys (like the MAC guy) didn't opt out either, esspecially all those random 5post accounts.. if i knew i were the last one to opt out, i would have.

Why am i suddenly "the MAC guy?" I can use bootcamp to use SCII anyways! All you need is an Intel Mac and my Dad's cpu is just that. He said that if I ever needed a reason to use his cpu I could and this counts(or would have) in our agreement. I'm sooooooooooooo annoyed now. I stayed up to the latest of hours without drinking/eating anything to make me stay up and still lost=(. Everything I did was in vain and 1 person made a decision that changed the entire outcome of this contest! Changing mood right after this post to the saddest emoticon I can find.

edit: Good bye beta keys =( good bye thread =( hello lock...
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
Prev 1 97 98 99
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings136
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 176
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 269
BeSt 220
soO 49
sorry 44
Mind 27
Terrorterran 19
Bale 18
Noble 10
yabsab 7
ZergMaN 7
[ Show more ]
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1003
League of Legends
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 397
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King149
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde194
RuFF_SC2120
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH331
• Hupsaiya 115
• practicex 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2125
League of Legends
• Rush939
• Stunt346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 50m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.