• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:16
CEST 05:16
KST 12:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7197 users

Patch 7 Notes - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 All
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
April 01 2010 18:56 GMT
#621
On April 02 2010 03:51 MorroW wrote:
they need to make toss better :/
i think maruders r too strong compared to rines


They need to buff rines, nerf marauders. I think they could strike a better balance with that, imo.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
April 01 2010 18:58 GMT
#622
On April 01 2010 20:27 Geo.Rion wrote:
i really dont see what s the reasoning behind buffing Banshees
Also broodlords nerf.. idk about it, i think it was fine, it was really hard to tech to broodlords and produce them safely. yes if you actually had them out they were really strong, but you could get killed befor that a lot easier

Broodlords really needed to be nerfed, Carrier and BC isnt nearly as effective as broodlord
Blacklizard
Profile Joined May 2007
United States1194 Posts
April 01 2010 19:15 GMT
#623
On March 31 2010 06:59 Skyze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2010 06:50 Shiladie wrote:
On March 31 2010 06:18 CharlieMurphy wrote:
On March 31 2010 05:22 Skyze wrote:
bleh. This is a bad patch IMO, done nothing to stop marauders owning everything a zerg has in first 15 minutes.. Terran is too strong, any good terran wont fall for the "baneling bust" and then just send in their MMM to dominate everything.. I doubt sunkens will be changed enough to actually do any damage to MMM.

Its like BW, cept M&M dont take any damage from sunkens... so theres no way to stop the mid-game push. They dont even need tanks, cause marauders are like a walking tank with slow

agree with this. If you try and cut your losses and retreat from MnM you lose it all. If MnM tries to cut his losses and retreat he kites you into nothing as he retreats or you just let him get away to lick his wounds. Lings are supposed to counter marauders but they really don't, the marauders have too much Hp even if you sruround them, the reinforcements arrive before you finish them off and like I said you can't retreat at this point because you'll get slowed and raped by stim if you try.


This is the same thoughts I've been having, zerg has to flat out win it's battles or terran just keeps getting bigger, marauders are simply too strong vs all other T1, I'd say it's time they get a small HP nerf and an attack speed nerf. That and/or nerf roaches+buff lings...


I actually think thats the biggest problem in SC2 (what SpoR said), You basically cant retreat from battles in SC2.. Theres so many units that are just either too slow, or units like the marauders which slow you down.. Even like roaches vs stalkers/sentries, you cant run because the roaches are too slow (without upgrade, but even with upgrade i thnk its the same) and they just own you before you can retreat.. Air units are even worse, altho I like that in a way because it means my mutas can dominate like 5 phoenix's when they start running, but it should be fixed imo.

You basically have to commit to attacking in SC2, because you cant retreat. That is probably why we are seeing so many people just sitting in their base massing armies, you cant even really pick off one unit and run back micro because running away doesnt work.

The only major design flaw I see so far in SC2.



This is a big deal. On the one hand, you don't want every encounter to be optional. On the other hand you don't want to have to send a scout or scan every inch of the map when you try to move around. Marauders are the most aggravating aspect of this with the slow, no doubt. I wouldn't say all battles are this way... roaches have a ton of HP and can run from other roaches easily. Zealots obviously can run away from other zealots. It's probably a ranged problem/feature.

I guess it sort of goes back to SC/BW situations where if you run zerglings into a pack of marines you are dying if you don't outnumber... not much retreating. Same for goons or most P ground vs tanks in BW.

In summary, marauder needs to be looked at closely to balance in a fun fair way I think.
LaughingTulkas
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1107 Posts
April 01 2010 19:29 GMT
#624
Maybe a buff to storm's damage is (or should be) in the works. Smaller cast area and larger damage rewards more skilled play.
"I love noobies, they're so happy." -Chill
hacpee
Profile Joined November 2007
United States752 Posts
April 01 2010 20:06 GMT
#625
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.
Klockan3
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden2866 Posts
April 01 2010 20:08 GMT
#626
On April 02 2010 05:06 hacpee wrote:
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.

It made medic/marine useless in any tvp except when cheesing. Do you really want that again?
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7080 Posts
April 01 2010 20:09 GMT
#627
On April 02 2010 05:06 hacpee wrote:
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.

The thing is that in SC2 mech actually does not work because of immortals, there were no immortals in SC1 now were there?

You can't do comparisons like that, so much new has been brought in to the game.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
April 01 2010 20:10 GMT
#628
On April 02 2010 05:08 Klockan3 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2010 05:06 hacpee wrote:
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.

It made medic/marine useless in any tvp except when cheesing. Do you really want that again?


Hope not, that would be annoying. Brood War seemed to shove Terran to get stuck going Mech in two of the matchups because medic marine just got slaughtered by toss and tanks.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
April 01 2010 20:20 GMT
#629
On April 02 2010 05:06 hacpee wrote:
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.


Problem is that mech isn't viable in SCII. I've tried. I've tried countless times with my practice partner (I'm platinum T, he's platinum P--Both B- / B iCCup). No matter what psi, how I emp or how I setup, P always rolls over T. Until they fix that (if they fix that), storm is a much bigger problem in this game than the previous.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
Slurgi
Profile Joined March 2010
United States118 Posts
April 01 2010 21:22 GMT
#630
On April 02 2010 05:20 Gnosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2010 05:06 hacpee wrote:
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.


Problem is that mech isn't viable in SCII. I've tried. I've tried countless times with my practice partner (I'm platinum T, he's platinum P--Both B- / B iCCup). No matter what psi, how I emp or how I setup, P always rolls over T. Until they fix that (if they fix that), storm is a much bigger problem in this game than the previous.


Interesting...

I'm a platinum T player, and I feel the opposite. I feel like TvP greatly favors T currently. Ghosts are quite strong, and nuking is a severely underrated and underused ability right now. If you have ghosts ANYWAY the 100/100 to nuke a protoss base seems borderline unreasonable, to be honest.

Also, psi storm isn't that bad, honestly. Micro out of it, and EMP HTs to prevent it from happening in the first place, if you can. Ghosts have 100 HP and you can put them near the front of your army without feeling bad about it. They are fine fighters, too, against light units. I'm far more scared of colossi than HTs, for sure.

That said, I still feel like TvZ is a bit broken in favor of Z. Either I don't know how to play TvZ at all, but good zergs just roll me over due to the breaking power of banelings, power of zerglings vs bio keeping me in my base earlygame, and the queen/zerg macro mechanics make the matchup seemingly unwinnable.
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
April 01 2010 21:26 GMT
#631
On April 02 2010 06:22 Slurgi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2010 05:20 Gnosis wrote:
On April 02 2010 05:06 hacpee wrote:
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.


Problem is that mech isn't viable in SCII. I've tried. I've tried countless times with my practice partner (I'm platinum T, he's platinum P--Both B- / B iCCup). No matter what psi, how I emp or how I setup, P always rolls over T. Until they fix that (if they fix that), storm is a much bigger problem in this game than the previous.


Interesting...

I'm a platinum T player, and I feel the opposite. I feel like TvP greatly favors T currently. Ghosts are quite strong, and nuking is a severely underrated and underused ability right now. If you have ghosts ANYWAY the 100/100 to nuke a protoss base seems borderline unreasonable, to be honest.

Also, psi storm isn't that bad, honestly. Micro out of it, and EMP HTs to prevent it from happening in the first place, if you can. Ghosts have 100 HP and you can put them near the front of your army without feeling bad about it. They are fine fighters, too, against light units. I'm far more scared of colossi than HTs, for sure.

That said, I still feel like TvZ is a bit broken in favor of Z. Either I don't know how to play TvZ at all, but good zergs just roll me over due to the breaking power of banelings, power of zerglings vs bio keeping me in my base earlygame, and the queen/zerg macro mechanics make the matchup seemingly unwinnable.


You're speaking in terms of pure mech, right? Not biomech? (I don't consider ghosts to be bio in mech build).
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-02 05:25:40
April 01 2010 21:33 GMT
#632
no longer angry ^_^
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Slurgi
Profile Joined March 2010
United States118 Posts
April 01 2010 21:47 GMT
#633
On April 02 2010 06:26 Gnosis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2010 06:22 Slurgi wrote:
On April 02 2010 05:20 Gnosis wrote:
On April 02 2010 05:06 hacpee wrote:
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.


Problem is that mech isn't viable in SCII. I've tried. I've tried countless times with my practice partner (I'm platinum T, he's platinum P--Both B- / B iCCup). No matter what psi, how I emp or how I setup, P always rolls over T. Until they fix that (if they fix that), storm is a much bigger problem in this game than the previous.


Interesting...

I'm a platinum T player, and I feel the opposite. I feel like TvP greatly favors T currently. Ghosts are quite strong, and nuking is a severely underrated and underused ability right now. If you have ghosts ANYWAY the 100/100 to nuke a protoss base seems borderline unreasonable, to be honest.

Also, psi storm isn't that bad, honestly. Micro out of it, and EMP HTs to prevent it from happening in the first place, if you can. Ghosts have 100 HP and you can put them near the front of your army without feeling bad about it. They are fine fighters, too, against light units. I'm far more scared of colossi than HTs, for sure.

That said, I still feel like TvZ is a bit broken in favor of Z. Either I don't know how to play TvZ at all, but good zergs just roll me over due to the breaking power of banelings, power of zerglings vs bio keeping me in my base earlygame, and the queen/zerg macro mechanics make the matchup seemingly unwinnable.


You're speaking in terms of pure mech, right? Not biomech? (I don't consider ghosts to be bio in mech build).


Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were stating that mech is unviable, but that psi storm rapes bio as it did in SC1.

You're saying that psi storm is effective against mech in SC2? I struggle a bit to see that, as any sort of spacing at all by tanks makes it unfeasible. It's all a moot point though, because tanks are unfeasible against protoss (almost every unit counters tanks. It's ridiculous). Hellions also don't seem to hold up against anything but zealots. Thors might be better in the matchup than people are giving them credit, but I haven't really tried them or thought it it too much.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 01 2010 21:56 GMT
#634
On April 02 2010 06:47 Slurgi wrote:
You're saying that psi storm is effective against mech in SC2? I struggle a bit to see that, as any sort of spacing at all by tanks makes it unfeasible. It's all a moot point though, because tanks are unfeasible against protoss (almost every unit counters tanks. It's ridiculous). Hellions also don't seem to hold up against anything but zealots. Thors might be better in the matchup than people are giving them credit, but I haven't really tried them or thought it it too much.

He was responding to a post saying that psionic storm was fine in SC1, and therefore, incredibly powerful psionic storm is fine in SC2. His point was that in SC1, psionic storm forced Terran to go mech. In SC2, Terran doesn't have that option because of how comparatively weak mech is right now, so having storm be so strong that it locks out bio would ruin the matchup.
Moderator
Gnosis
Profile Joined December 2008
Scotland912 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-01 22:29:40
April 01 2010 22:24 GMT
#635
On April 02 2010 06:47 Slurgi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2010 06:26 Gnosis wrote:
On April 02 2010 06:22 Slurgi wrote:
On April 02 2010 05:20 Gnosis wrote:
On April 02 2010 05:06 hacpee wrote:
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.


Problem is that mech isn't viable in SCII. I've tried. I've tried countless times with my practice partner (I'm platinum T, he's platinum P--Both B- / B iCCup). No matter what psi, how I emp or how I setup, P always rolls over T. Until they fix that (if they fix that), storm is a much bigger problem in this game than the previous.


Interesting...

I'm a platinum T player, and I feel the opposite. I feel like TvP greatly favors T currently. Ghosts are quite strong, and nuking is a severely underrated and underused ability right now. If you have ghosts ANYWAY the 100/100 to nuke a protoss base seems borderline unreasonable, to be honest.

Also, psi storm isn't that bad, honestly. Micro out of it, and EMP HTs to prevent it from happening in the first place, if you can. Ghosts have 100 HP and you can put them near the front of your army without feeling bad about it. They are fine fighters, too, against light units. I'm far more scared of colossi than HTs, for sure.

That said, I still feel like TvZ is a bit broken in favor of Z. Either I don't know how to play TvZ at all, but good zergs just roll me over due to the breaking power of banelings, power of zerglings vs bio keeping me in my base earlygame, and the queen/zerg macro mechanics make the matchup seemingly unwinnable.


You're speaking in terms of pure mech, right? Not biomech? (I don't consider ghosts to be bio in mech build).


Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were stating that mech is unviable, but that psi storm rapes bio as it did in SC1.

You're saying that psi storm is effective against mech in SC2? I struggle a bit to see that, as any sort of spacing at all by tanks makes it unfeasible. It's all a moot point though, because tanks are unfeasible against protoss (almost every unit counters tanks. It's ridiculous). Hellions also don't seem to hold up against anything but zealots. Thors might be better in the matchup than people are giving them credit, but I haven't really tried them or thought it it too much.


Ah, sorry I wasn't clear. No, I don't think psi storm is effective against mech in SC2. I think it is (or was) more effective against bio (maybe since patch that's not the case anymore). But otherwise I agree with your thoughts here.

Edit* Didn't see the post above.
"Reason is flawless, de jure, but reasoners are not, de facto." – Peter Kreeft
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
April 01 2010 23:01 GMT
#636
On April 02 2010 05:09 Puosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 02 2010 05:06 hacpee wrote:
Everyone says storm is too powerful vs m&m. Guess what? Storm was powerful vs medic/marine in sc1 too. It raped medic/marine. No reason to nerf storm just because its good.

The thing is that in SC2 mech actually does not work because of immortals, there were no immortals in SC1 now were there?

You can't do comparisons like that, so much new has been brought in to the game.


Except that immortals are 100% useless in PvT as long as the Terran has a ghost and isn't mentally handicapped
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
eNte[19]
Profile Joined April 2010
Ireland62 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-01 23:27:48
April 01 2010 23:26 GMT
#637
You can't do comparisons like that, so much new has been brought in to the game.

Except that immortals are 100% useless in PvT as long as the Terran has a ghost and isn't mentally handicapped


this
Prev 1 30 31 32 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft403
RuFF_SC2 145
Nina 108
-ZergGirl 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2258
Bale 17
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 8
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 431
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox658
Other Games
summit1g8683
JimRising 681
Day[9].tv496
C9.Mang0361
WinterStarcraft279
ViBE179
Maynarde150
Livibee145
Sick123
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1002
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 13
• OhrlRock 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv496
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 44m
Stellar Fest
9h 44m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.