• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7891 users

Clan Preview - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Bango
Profile Joined April 2011
United States106 Posts
October 30 2012 18:31 GMT
#41
On October 31 2012 02:11 JediZealot wrote:
Limiting the number of players that can be in a clan is terrible... There should be no limit.
I'm the leader of a clan with 300 members. What am I supposed to do? Pick who gets tag and who doesn't?
I plan on voicing my opinion to Blizzard and I hope all of you other clans do the same.


that stinks =/.....
ello x]
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
October 30 2012 18:41 GMT
#42
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.
MMA: The true King of Wings
GizmoPT
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal3040 Posts
October 30 2012 18:42 GMT
#43
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


yes cause thats how it works.. you just copy and paste
Snipers Promod & Micro Arena Creator in SC2 Arcade - Portuguese Community Admin for SC2, HotS and Overwatch - Ex-Portugal SC2 Team Manager, Ex- Copenhagen Wolves and Grow uP Gaming Manager in SC2. Just Playing games now!
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 30 2012 18:43 GMT
#44
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


I am pretty sure that isn't how programming works. I don't think WC3 used the same system that WoW, D3 and SC2 uses.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
October 30 2012 18:43 GMT
#45
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


of course they would have to make new code for their new battle net... that doesn't excuse this underwhelming and late feature
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-30 18:46:33
October 30 2012 18:45 GMT
#46
On October 31 2012 03:42 GizmoPT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


yes cause thats how it works.. you just copy and paste

On October 31 2012 03:43 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


I am pretty sure that isn't how programming works. I don't think WC3 used the same system that WoW, D3 and SC2 uses.

On October 31 2012 03:43 leveller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


of course they would have to make new code for their new battle net... that doesn't excuse this underwhelming and late feature

Look at the username of the person you guys just replied to.
gawk
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany310 Posts
October 30 2012 18:49 GMT
#47
In wc3 you could set your clans channel to public/private with the '/clan public' command. I hope blizzard will do this for sc2 aswell.
The 50 player limit sucks.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
October 30 2012 18:49 GMT
#48
On October 31 2012 03:45 Antylamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:42 GizmoPT wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


yes cause thats how it works.. you just copy and paste

Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:43 Plansix wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


I am pretty sure that isn't how programming works. I don't think WC3 used the same system that WoW, D3 and SC2 uses.

Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:43 leveller wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


of course they would have to make new code for their new battle net... that doesn't excuse this underwhelming and late feature

Look at the username of the person you guys just replied to.

Oh crap, I am used to so much stupid on the forums lately, I just reacted. I've been played.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
October 30 2012 18:56 GMT
#49
On October 31 2012 03:45 Antylamon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:42 GizmoPT wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


yes cause thats how it works.. you just copy and paste

Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:43 Plansix wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


I am pretty sure that isn't how programming works. I don't think WC3 used the same system that WoW, D3 and SC2 uses.

Show nested quote +
On October 31 2012 03:43 leveller wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:41 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?


I know right? The code is already all there. A simple copy and paste and we would have had all these features 2 years ago.


of course they would have to make new code for their new battle net... that doesn't excuse this underwhelming and late feature

Look at the username of the person you guys just replied to.


Yes he was sarcastic, thats why I responded like I did
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
October 30 2012 19:00 GMT
#50
I think HOTS should be a stand-alone game. What do you think?

Or at least they should make a pack with WoL and HotS to sell the 2 games together.
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
The WingNut
Profile Joined February 2012
United States35 Posts
October 30 2012 19:12 GMT
#51
On October 31 2012 04:00 stichtom wrote:
Or at least they should make a pack with WoL and HotS to sell the 2 games together.


If only they could come up with a good name... perhaps something like "War Chest", or "Battle Pack"... ahh forget it.
Antithesis
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1273 Posts
October 30 2012 19:17 GMT
#52
Nice!

Slowly I'm getting hot for HotS.
Mutation complete.
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
October 30 2012 19:22 GMT
#53
Poll: Limit of 50 members per Clan...

High enough (78)
 
87%

Too low (12)
 
13%

90 total votes

Your vote: Limit of 50 members per Clan...

(Vote): High enough
(Vote): Too low



MMA: The true King of Wings
DrunkenHomer
Profile Joined April 2012
66 Posts
October 30 2012 19:30 GMT
#54
50 is absolutly fine...

There is no point in having a clan with like 300 people
Targe
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom14103 Posts
October 30 2012 19:31 GMT
#55
50 clan limit seems small, at least CLANS.
11/5/14 CATACLYSM | The South West's worst Falco main
Deadstrider
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands258 Posts
October 30 2012 19:31 GMT
#56
Looks awesome, just got into the beta, so eagerly waiting for this update
HerO|HuK|PartinG|Ret|Grubby|SaSe// Gogo Startale!~// snOrMoL.863
TurboMaN
Profile Joined October 2005
Germany925 Posts
October 30 2012 19:32 GMT
#57
Finally after so many years
Good job Blizzard!
StreetWise
Profile Joined January 2010
United States594 Posts
October 30 2012 19:42 GMT
#58
If you have a 'clan' with over 300 people, you don't have a clan, you have a group. A clan should consist of active members who do more than chat, they need to be active in team and individual leagues. There is no way you can have a roster in any league with 300 members. If you want a bunch of friends then you form a group. At least this is my impression of how the new system is designed. I can see people wanting to have a tag for their groups as well as clans though.
I will not be poisoned by your bitterness
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
October 30 2012 19:43 GMT
#59
On October 31 2012 03:31 leveller wrote:
This is so dumb still... I mean its great that this is finally getting added. But these features were all available in wc3, what took so long to implement, or alternatively where are the cool new features?

its cauz they made bnet 2.0 from scratch
yo
OkStyX
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1199 Posts
October 30 2012 19:50 GMT
#60
On October 31 2012 01:14 Torte de Lini wrote:
Neat! 50 member limit kinda sucks, but the groups hint seems interesting.

Some of the best clans in Warcraft 3/BW were smaller competitive groups .
Team Overklocked Gaming! That man is the noblest creature may be inferred from the fact that no other creature has contested this claim. - G.C. Lichtenberg
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ClassicLIVE!
ByuN vs Shameless
CranKy Ducklings147
SHIN 73
CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 304
OGKoka 270
ByuN 268
SHIN 73
MindelVK 18
Railgan 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68248
Calm 10798
Rain 2666
soO 981
Bisu 837
FanTaSy 788
BeSt 621
Stork 401
Soulkey 295
Rush 291
[ Show more ]
Soma 229
firebathero 203
Last 140
Snow 134
Mind 100
Light 80
Pusan 77
ToSsGirL 65
Shinee 47
hero 45
Trap 38
Free 37
Killer 31
Mong 29
Bale 29
Sexy 29
Sea.KH 29
Hm[arnc] 28
Sharp 24
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
sorry 15
Shine 14
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 8
Shuttle 1
Dota 2
Gorgc6784
League of Legends
Reynor102
Counter-Strike
x6flipin938
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
gofns31300
singsing2218
byalli628
Pyrionflax241
B2W.Neo117
Chillindude9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 112
• Gemini_19 7
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV537
League of Legends
• Jankos3595
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
3h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
OSC
11h 34m
OSC
1d
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.