• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:50
CEST 14:50
KST 21:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8219 users

Brutal NUR (No Upgrades Run) - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
seolinker
Profile Joined July 2010
Ukraine69 Posts
September 04 2010 11:26 GMT
#141
You can't change speed of game in brutal. I did NUR on brutal but only before char, there I wanted all of them

That 250mm canon very hard to use, it's really slow and unreliable and you need to predict where she will be and even more hard to catch here before she start destroy everything... MM works better, but on 80% it's not that helpfull either she is very hard there and on 96%. My best was 93% with air and psi-disrupter
Cool dude, I hope:)
Zinbiel
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden878 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-04 17:37:07
September 04 2010 13:44 GMT
#142
I am probably gonna stream a couple of tries for Brutal all-in nydus mode NUR this afternoon, after I've eaten lunch if anyone is interested in watching me die

Edit: It was harder than expected. Despite saving and replaying from different places during the mission I didn't get closer than this during the 2-3 hours I played -.-

http://img716.imageshack.us/f/lamem.png/
Backho fan since 080416. Favourite terran: Mind. Favourite Zerg: Jaedong.
seolinker
Profile Joined July 2010
Ukraine69 Posts
September 04 2010 18:31 GMT
#143
Eh,,,just a second right ?

P.S. Just beat it all on Brutal, with all upgrades ftw lol

What was yours ? You do not get flame towers right ? cause it's upgrade...eh... it will be fucking hard
Cool dude, I hope:)
Zinbiel
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden878 Posts
September 04 2010 23:25 GMT
#144
yeah, the artifact got destroyed at 99,9 % and even though it went up to 100% I still lost :S No need for flame towers, however, any 1 of less splash for tanks, stim, psi disruptor or planetary fortress would pretty much trivialize the map.
Backho fan since 080416. Favourite terran: Mind. Favourite Zerg: Jaedong.
Zades
Profile Joined April 2010
United States52 Posts
September 05 2010 00:03 GMT
#145
My problem right now is I can't seem to kill kerrigan. I can't find a good balance in building my cc wall, getting tanks, banshees, and thors before kerrigan comes. If I invest into early thors I lose 2 tnks per thor and the zerg will just overrun me. I also cannot get enough mm force to deal with kerrigan.
Zinbiel
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden878 Posts
September 05 2010 01:01 GMT
#146
On September 05 2010 09:03 Zades wrote:
My problem right now is I can't seem to kill kerrigan. I can't find a good balance in building my cc wall, getting tanks, banshees, and thors before kerrigan comes. If I invest into early thors I lose 2 tnks per thor and the zerg will just overrun me. I also cannot get enough mm force to deal with kerrigan.

for me it is all about marine numbers against Kerrigan, havent't even tried getting thors. Also I use the artifact every time she comes close. One has to micro the marines quite alot to minimize the damage taken from the storm-like thing. Next to last and ofc the last time she is a royal pain in the ass though. I also don't make any CC walls. In fact I just place marines 1 by 1 in front of the tanks to slow down the opponent, since my tanks kill all my units if I place them in front :S Still kerrigan is the worst part for me too, first time I got to 75 I was at like 200/200 and went down to 100/200 when she came, and then I died to the subsequent wave.
Backho fan since 080416. Favourite terran: Mind. Favourite Zerg: Jaedong.
Zades
Profile Joined April 2010
United States52 Posts
September 05 2010 02:46 GMT
#147
Yea getting marine/tanks works out fine vs Kerrigan, now the nydus are pumping out so much units they are destorying my cc wall. I need to get a better balance between banshee/tanks/marines.
Macavenger
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1132 Posts
September 05 2010 04:13 GMT
#148
I've personally found 9-10 Banshees to work best for Nydus sniping on Brutal. Any less tends to take too long to snipe out worms and takes too much attrition; more seems to be unnecessary extra firepower that saps your resources elsewhere. Granted I haven't done it without upgrades yet, but that doesn't strike me as something that should make a ton of difference for worm sniping, as long as you're careful about managing your energy for cloak.

If you want to get crazy you could also try cutting marines and just killing Kerrigan with your tank line supported by your worm sniping Banshees. This is what I did before I learned about Marines working well on her (and still tend to out of laziness). I'm sure I take a lot more damage to the tank line on her side than necessary that way, but it would give you one less thing to worry about building. When doing that I tend to save the nova until after beating back Kerrigan, to give myself some extra time to rebuild that line. I could definitely seen no upgrades causing this to fail horribly, but hey, you wanted crazy ideas.
Sevenofnines
Profile Joined May 2010
United States167 Posts
September 05 2010 05:19 GMT
#149
My crazy idea:

~40 SCV's
~40 Siege Tanks
~36 Marines
~2 Ghosts

Kill off the merc compound and plant all your Siege Tanks under the artifiact. CC walls aren't really needed, just line bunkers in front of your tanks and load your marines into them. If you really must CC wall something, just wall off the artifact, but not the main tank chokes since those will die way too fast without the reduced friendly splash upgrade.

When Kerrigan comes, use the artifact to clear out the trash and unload all your Bunkers. Engage her with your marines when the first line of tanks are in range to fire. Try and avoid losing too many marines to her storm.

Get the 2 Ghosts last to hit 200/200. The idea here is to build 6 Ghost Academies and chain build nukes. Nukes take ~20s to land and 60s to build. Thus 3 Academies for each Ghost lets you chain nukes constantly if necessary. What you want to do is when you see a big push come, nuke both chokes constantly. In all likelihood, the speedlings and ultras will slowly encroach closer and closer to your tank line, but the Nukes should land just in time to prevent them from getting up in your face. Nukes are great here because once you are maxed supply, it lets you put your money into something that can still do damage to the enemy. If you find that you have more than enough marines to handle Kerrigan, then you can opt to make more Ghosts and Academies for even more Nukes. I would imagine that if you could get enough to have Nukes landing on each choke every ~10 seconds nothing would ever make it through.

As far as upgrade priorities, Infantry Weapons and Vehicle Weapons are obvious priorities.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
September 05 2010 05:25 GMT
#150
On September 05 2010 14:19 Sevenofnines wrote:
When Kerrigan comes, use the artifact to clear out the trash and unload all your Bunkers. Engage her with your marines when the first line of tanks are in range to fire. Try and avoid losing too many marines to her storm.


When the tanks are in range of her, she is pretty much in range of the tanks. That includes her insta-kill and storms. Letting her get that close is a very bad idea. She also prioritizes tanks/battlecruisers/etc over marines.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
seolinker
Profile Joined July 2010
Ukraine69 Posts
September 05 2010 05:40 GMT
#151
yep, her abilities works much better on mech, than bio
Cool dude, I hope:)
zephyredx
Profile Joined August 2010
United States40 Posts
September 05 2010 05:51 GMT
#152
On September 05 2010 14:19 Sevenofnines wrote:
My crazy idea:

Get the 2 Ghosts last to hit 200/200. The idea here is to build 6 Ghost Academies and chain build nukes. Nukes take ~20s to land and 60s to build. Thus 3 Academies for each Ghost lets you chain nukes constantly if necessary. What you want to do is when you see a big push come, nuke both chokes constantly. In all likelihood, the speedlings and ultras will slowly encroach closer and closer to your tank line, but the Nukes should land just in time to prevent them from getting up in your face. Nukes are great here because once you are maxed supply, it lets you put your money into something that can still do damage to the enemy. If you find that you have more than enough marines to handle Kerrigan, then you can opt to make more Ghosts and Academies for even more Nukes. I would imagine that if you could get enough to have Nukes landing on each choke every ~10 seconds nothing would ever make it through.

As far as upgrade priorities, Infantry Weapons and Vehicle Weapons are obvious priorities.


The nukes are an interesting idea. It would be kinda like having mini-artifacts every 20 seconds.

When Kerrigan comes, maybe use the real artifact to clear away the zerg and use 2 nukes on kerrigan?

Also you can try to use small marine forces to lure her into wasting her Razor Storms while she's still some distance away, then letting your tank line do the rest.
What do you call a tennis player who tosses the ball inhumanly well? A protoss!
Zinbiel
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden878 Posts
September 05 2010 15:29 GMT
#153
After one gazillion of reloads during the last 10% I finally got it down. Doesn't feel right though, I wanted to do it without loads during the map, but I can't really see myself managing that. If anyone wants to see my strategy or whatever, I recorded it with really crappy quality on my livestream channel It took about 3,5 hours total with alot of fails -.-.
Backho fan since 080416. Favourite terran: Mind. Favourite Zerg: Jaedong.
pat777
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 06:00:18
September 06 2010 05:54 GMT
#154
On September 06 2010 00:29 Zinbiel wrote:
After one gazillion of reloads during the last 10% I finally got it down. Doesn't feel right though, I wanted to do it without loads during the map, but I can't really see myself managing that. If anyone wants to see my strategy or whatever, I recorded it with really crappy quality on my livestream channel It took about 3,5 hours total with alot of fails -.-.

on to all-in air, amirite?
btw, will you use vikings or ghosts for vs air or just marine/medic?
seolinker
Profile Joined July 2010
Ukraine69 Posts
September 06 2010 08:22 GMT
#155
can you put it on youtube ? I can see it on livestream, but will it be in past ? I mean it's "live" stream lol
Cool dude, I hope:)
Zinbiel
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden878 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 10:40:18
September 06 2010 10:27 GMT
#156
On September 06 2010 17:22 seolinker wrote:
can you put it on youtube ? I can see it on livestream, but will it be in past ? I mean it's "live" stream lol

You can see it on my channel, it gets saved there. For the all-in air my general idea is mass marine medic, maybe some ghosts for the "from behind" attacks.

Edit: Sorry Zades for hijacking your thread, if you want me to I'll make a blog or something about my tries instead. I just came here to discuss some strategies for this and then felt my part didn't warrant a new thread.
Backho fan since 080416. Favourite terran: Mind. Favourite Zerg: Jaedong.
pat777
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States356 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-07 07:56:22
September 07 2010 07:55 GMT
#157
On September 05 2010 08:25 Zinbiel wrote:
yeah, the artifact got destroyed at 99,9 % and even though it went up to 100% I still lost :S No need for flame towers, however, any 1 of less splash for tanks, stim, psi disruptor or planetary fortress would pretty much trivialize the map.

I have less splash for tanks, stim, and pfs vs nydus. I'd like to know how they trivialize the map because I'm having problems with this mission.
Zinbiel
Profile Joined October 2008
Sweden878 Posts
September 07 2010 09:19 GMT
#158
On September 07 2010 16:55 pat777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2010 08:25 Zinbiel wrote:
yeah, the artifact got destroyed at 99,9 % and even though it went up to 100% I still lost :S No need for flame towers, however, any 1 of less splash for tanks, stim, psi disruptor or planetary fortress would pretty much trivialize the map.

I have less splash for tanks, stim, and pfs vs nydus. I'd like to know how they trivialize the map because I'm having problems with this mission.


Well basically your goal is to have 2 techlab facs pumping tanks (rally one to each opening) and 4 rax with reactor pumping marines (2 for each opening). You also want 2 planetary fortresses at each opening. ATTACK UPGRADES ARE SUPER-IMPORTANT. You'd want to start vehicle weapons and infantry weapons right away and keep making them until we got 3-0. Don't bother with armor, when you reach critical mass tank you are only gonna take damage from kerrigan anyway and she kills shit too fast anyway. Also get 7 banshees for nydus sniping.

The general idea is to constantly snipe nyduses with minimal banshee losses (prioritize the ones that is far away from your base since the artifact kills closer ones) and let the tanks/pf take care of the ground. When kerrigan comes, move your marines to the side from which she comes (with stim to get there in time if needed), use the artifact to clear everything and move like 5 marines in to her in an angle where you don't want to attack her, so they get the storm (does not apply first time she comes, then just move in marines stim and kill) and then stim and kill her with marines. Rinse and repeat.

On to your question Stim makes kerrigan die so quickly and makes marine movement easier (without stim you might at times be forced to engage her without all your marines at the same place). Tanks less splash makes it alot easier to tank the waves with bunkers so you never lose the tanks to normal waves. PF are super strong at tanking the waves making bunkers totally redundant, especially with 3-4 scv:s repairing.
Backho fan since 080416. Favourite terran: Mind. Favourite Zerg: Jaedong.
Zades
Profile Joined April 2010
United States52 Posts
September 08 2010 20:14 GMT
#159
Uploaded Gates of Hell, Shatter the Sky, and Belly of the Beast. Still doing All In -_-
Revan501
Profile Joined July 2010
United States17 Posts
September 08 2010 21:55 GMT
#160
Man i bet All In is hard as hell! Good luck.
I'm awesome!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech127
Rex 113
CosmosSc2 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47539
Hyuk 1356
Jaedong 817
EffOrt 436
Soma 424
Horang2 369
Soulkey 365
actioN 349
BeSt 340
Mini 320
[ Show more ]
Last 272
Zeus 263
Light 260
Stork 233
910 176
Larva 170
ggaemo 138
Snow 124
Rush 113
ZerO 95
Killer 83
Pusan 80
Mind 66
JYJ 47
Shine 46
Sharp 45
Creator 43
hero 31
Free 30
Shinee 29
Yoon 26
Bale 26
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 15
HiyA 15
yabsab 14
Noble 14
sorry 10
Sacsri 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8485
Dendi779
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1577
markeloff497
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1618
crisheroes890
Other Games
gofns41435
singsing2021
B2W.Neo686
hiko347
XBOCT307
Pyrionflax268
byalli264
DeMusliM245
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King57
QueenE16
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1542
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• StrangeGG 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1580
Other Games
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
10m
Rex113
IntoTheiNu 0
The PondCast
21h 10m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.