• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:48
CEST 22:48
KST 05:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8932 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 110

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 173 Next
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 29 2014 11:41 GMT
#2181
I have finally had a successful bulk for the first time :D

Gained ~8-10 lbs since I started lifting again a little over a month ago. Went from around 146-148 lbs to 156 lbs. I'm hoping that I can hit a 400 lb deadlift, 300+ lb squat, and a 200+ lb bench before next April (should be easy for almost all of the lifts). That would mean that I have to go from:

DL 325 lbs ---> 400 lbs (+75 lbs)
Squat ~225 lbs ---> 300+ lbs (+75 lbs)
Bench ~160 lbs ---> 200+ lbs (+40 lbs)

I'd also like to hit at least a bodyweight OHP before I graduate high school, which would probably be somewhere in the 150-160 lb range. I don't really expect to have any problems hitting these goals, as long as my progress isn't too slow.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 29 2014 11:45 GMT
#2182
Are those all 1RM goals?

I want to hit 1BW OHP too at least once but it seems so impossibly far away haha (63kg OHP at 74kg BW last).
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 29 2014 11:49 GMT
#2183
On July 29 2014 20:45 zatic wrote:
Are those all 1RM goals?

I want to hit 1BW OHP too at least once but it seems so impossibly far away haha (63kg OHP at 74kg BW last).

Yeah, those are all 1RM goals. I have almost a full year to hit my OHP goal and I'm still a beginner, so I think it shouldn't be too difficult to hit that goal (OHP ~125 for one rep if I had to guess). I'm mostly worried about the squat goal, lol.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-29 14:44:58
July 29 2014 14:42 GMT
#2184
On July 29 2014 13:05 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2014 02:31 funkie wrote:
On July 28 2014 23:13 decafchicken wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:47 phyre112 wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:28 IgnE wrote:
I don't know man. He listed 6/8 jump ropes and said he got whacked twice and I won't say your proposition makes less sense it's still unfathomable how a body could drop a bell on his head doing swings.


6/8 meant six reps in the first round and 8 reps in the second. Because that was my first day successfully doing double unders.

American swings go all the way overhead. A 70 pound kettlebell is heavy for me, so I pulled it too hard on a couple reps, over balanced it, and had to ditch the bell behind me, just like you would on a snatch, only I didn't get out of the way fast enough, and it landed on my neck the first time and between my shoulder blades the second time.


You've become one of those people I laugh at from the high horse of my olympic platform at my crossfit gym

Someone make me a t shirt of a weightlifter wearing a monocle and top hat while doing snatches and laughing at crossfitters please :D



ok.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Small addition to the t-shirt design. Maybe front and back?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


that's not crossfit Oo

It's a strongman axle press.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-29 15:32:16
July 29 2014 15:30 GMT
#2185
How do you even define what is and isn't crossfit. Any description beyond it being Greg Glassman's cash cow fitness company is tricky.

Having a laugh at and bagging 'crossfit' is easy, but i do find myself defending crossfit in conversations because pros and cons all weighed up i do believe that it is a positive thing.

Speaking of axles =]

funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 29 2014 16:33 GMT
#2186
On July 30 2014 00:30 ShadeR wrote:
How do you even define what is and isn't crossfit. Any description beyond it being Greg Glassman's cash cow fitness company is tricky.

Having a laugh at and bagging 'crossfit' is easy, but i do find myself defending crossfit in conversations because pros and cons all weighed up i do believe that it is a positive thing.

Speaking of axles =]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m07-44DbUOU


It's kind of hard to argue crossfit is bad, I'm not on the idea that if you do something, even a little something for your health, it's all good, regardless of what you do. Yes, there may be better way to do certain things, or things that are proven to give results that last longer and are better, but still. I wouldn't look down on anybody doing crossfit, some of those people are really fit and strong nowadays.

I do think it's pretty "elitist", they think they're a rare breed of athletes who can do what they can do, and well, they often (if not everytime) overlook certains points of the movements that bother people to no end (me). I hate it when a crossfit dude, walks and does a extremely risky and shitty clean, and then acts like he's the man for still "pulling it".

They rarely focus on form or technique, they just want to get it "done", and that's in part because that's how the rules work in that sport, it doesn't matter how you do it, just do it. :p kind of reckless no?

Anyways..
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 29 2014 16:44 GMT
#2187
Need to add style points for crossfit :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-29 20:04:24
July 29 2014 20:03 GMT
#2188
Yesterday
AM
Squatz 10x 225 265 290 315 345 and still had some energy left and did 6x365

PM
Clean deadlift + clean + jerk @ 70 90 100 110 120 125 130 135 140 145 150x 150x 150
http://instagram.com/p/rA9jI8QCEN/?modal=true
Some snatches at 70
Muscle snatch 3x 70 70 70 80
http://instagram.com/peterssc12

Today:
2x 2k row 7:55 & 7:30
Then some single leg kettle bell rows and weighted planks

Right glute and mid/upper back is pretty store, think I'm finally doing a decent job of activating the right muscles but they have lots of catching up to do
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 29 2014 20:13 GMT
#2189
On July 30 2014 05:03 decafchicken wrote:
Today:
2x 2k row 7:55 & 7:30
Then some single leg kettle bell rows and weighted planks

Right glute and mid/upper back is pretty store, think I'm finally doing a decent job of activating the right muscles but they have lots of catching up to do

Mind elaborating what you're doing here?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 29 2014 20:15 GMT
#2190
Err what specifically?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 29 2014 20:46 GMT
#2191
Are you talking about activating the right muscles just in general for rowing or is there some imbalance that the single leg kettlebell row is for?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 29 2014 21:21 GMT
#2192
ah yeah my right glute core and lat are weaker than my left from lack of activation during split jerk (my right foot goes back) and I can feel its more sore than my left side just from using it properly yesterday. The single leg rows help work on that as well. I did notice my rotator cuffs/t spine/posterior getting a much better workout than usual during my rowing today.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-29 21:35:51
July 29 2014 21:33 GMT
#2193
On July 30 2014 06:21 decafchicken wrote:
ah yeah my right glute core and lat are weaker than my left from lack of activation during split jerk (my right foot goes back) and I can feel its more sore than my left side just from using it properly yesterday. The single leg rows help work on that as well. I did notice my rotator cuffs/t spine/posterior getting a much better workout than usual during my rowing today.


When I squat my right leg is always trashed and I don't feel anything on the left one. Would this be the same issue? Oo

Ordered my romaloes :DDDD
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 30 2014 12:17 GMT
#2194
Grabbed an old pair of jeans on accident to change into after the workout... I am a tad uncomfortable at work right now XD Of course it was a leg day.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 31 2014 11:14 GMT
#2195
On July 30 2014 06:33 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 06:21 decafchicken wrote:
ah yeah my right glute core and lat are weaker than my left from lack of activation during split jerk (my right foot goes back) and I can feel its more sore than my left side just from using it properly yesterday. The single leg rows help work on that as well. I did notice my rotator cuffs/t spine/posterior getting a much better workout than usual during my rowing today.


When I squat my right leg is always trashed and I don't feel anything on the left one. Would this be the same issue? Oo

Ordered my romaloes :DDDD


I could've hooked you up with some 160$ adipowers..
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 31 2014 11:50 GMT
#2196
Probably gonna have to miss my workout tomorrow. Lost my voice last night at a concert and tonight I'm going to the midnight premier of Guardians of the Galaxy, then I've got my friend's party the next day. Only got a little over 6 hours of sleep today (have to go to the hospital and volunteer this morning), and probably going to be running on less tomorrow. Hopefully I'm recovered for Saturday though.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
July 31 2014 13:06 GMT
#2197
Hey guys, I've been told that if I do my best during training I'm basically guaranteed a spot in the heavyweight rowing men's 8. It gets coaching from a former Olympic coach, so this would be pretty sweet. The selection starts on September 18th; does anyone have experience with rowing? I'd like to prepare as well as I can.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 31 2014 16:17 GMT
#2198
On July 31 2014 20:14 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 06:33 GoTuNk! wrote:
On July 30 2014 06:21 decafchicken wrote:
ah yeah my right glute core and lat are weaker than my left from lack of activation during split jerk (my right foot goes back) and I can feel its more sore than my left side just from using it properly yesterday. The single leg rows help work on that as well. I did notice my rotator cuffs/t spine/posterior getting a much better workout than usual during my rowing today.


When I squat my right leg is always trashed and I don't feel anything on the left one. Would this be the same issue? Oo

Ordered my romaloes :DDDD


I could've hooked you up with some 160$ adipowers..


Chinese weight lifters use romaloes, np
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 31 2014 22:32 GMT
#2199
On July 31 2014 22:06 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Hey guys, I've been told that if I do my best during training I'm basically guaranteed a spot in the heavyweight rowing men's 8. It gets coaching from a former Olympic coach, so this would be pretty sweet. The selection starts on September 18th; does anyone have experience with rowing? I'd like to prepare as well as I can.



Go to a crossfit gym and ask to use their rower, row 5k daily, until you feel comfortable. Try to scale it up, first 1k, then 2k, etc..

Whenever you feel like 5k is cake, then do 10k and die there, forever.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 01 2014 06:08 GMT
#2200
On July 31 2014 20:14 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2014 06:33 GoTuNk! wrote:
On July 30 2014 06:21 decafchicken wrote:
ah yeah my right glute core and lat are weaker than my left from lack of activation during split jerk (my right foot goes back) and I can feel its more sore than my left side just from using it properly yesterday. The single leg rows help work on that as well. I did notice my rotator cuffs/t spine/posterior getting a much better workout than usual during my rowing today.


When I squat my right leg is always trashed and I don't feel anything on the left one. Would this be the same issue? Oo

Ordered my romaloes :DDDD


I could've hooked you up with some 160$ adipowers..

When you guys talk about Adipowers you mean the Power Perfect 2 or the Powerlift 2? Anyone have experience with both?
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Prev 1 108 109 110 111 112 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason119
Railgan 60
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16246
Dewaltoss 144
Hyuk 113
firebathero 99
ZZZero.O 29
Terrorterran 20
Mini 19
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift3024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
crisheroes894
Other Games
summit1g5708
FrodaN2606
fl0m892
Beastyqt873
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe308
ArmadaUGS133
ToD118
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 93
• Adnapsc2 24
• musti20045 4
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 11589
Other Games
• imaqtpie848
• Shiphtur223
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 12m
INu's Battles
15h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 12m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.