• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8165 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 109

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 173 Next
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 26 2014 00:13 GMT
#2161
what are double unders
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 26 2014 00:27 GMT
#2162
On July 26 2014 09:13 IgnE wrote:
what are double unders


jump rope goes under you twice.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 26 2014 00:41 GMT
#2163
Squat 3x5 @185 lbs
OHP 3x5 @100 lbs
Deadlift 1x5 @285 lbs

Squat and OHP felt pretty easy today. Haven't been doing mobility work nearly as much as I should so my mobility is severely lacking. Hoping to get back on track this weekend.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 26 2014 00:47 GMT
#2164
On July 26 2014 09:27 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 09:13 IgnE wrote:
what are double unders


jump rope goes under you twice.


How do you drop a 70# db on your head while jumping rope?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 26 2014 01:19 GMT
#2165
Yesterday:

BP (3sec pause) 122.5x3, 130x3, 137.5x3, 145x1
FS 137.5kgx3x5(PR)

Today:

Clean 105kgx1 (PR), 90x3, 92.5x3(PR), 95x3(PR)
Deadlift 200kgx3x6
OHP 50kg x10 x10 x8

So I think I'm ascending to higher type of life form. All my aches (millions of them) are gone, and I'm constantly hungry and forced to eat even more than before, yet I've lost 3 pounds (last time I weight myself was before PL competition) and can see my abs now. Only thing that's left is to even my legs flexibilty, as my right is a lot more flexible. My jerk still sucks though
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-26 02:49:25
July 26 2014 02:48 GMT
#2166
On July 26 2014 09:47 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 09:27 Najda wrote:
On July 26 2014 09:13 IgnE wrote:
what are double unders


jump rope goes under you twice.


How do you drop a 70# db on your head while jumping rope?


I assume that was part of the kettlebell swings when it happened.

Double unders:
+ Show Spoiler +


American Kettlebell swing:
+ Show Spoiler +
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 26 2014 06:28 GMT
#2167
I don't know man. He listed 6/8 jump ropes and said he got whacked twice and I won't say your proposition makes less sense it's still unfathomable how a body could drop a bell on his head doing swings.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 26 2014 06:47 GMT
#2168
On July 26 2014 15:28 IgnE wrote:
I don't know man. He listed 6/8 jump ropes and said he got whacked twice and I won't say your proposition makes less sense it's still unfathomable how a body could drop a bell on his head doing swings.


6/8 meant six reps in the first round and 8 reps in the second. Because that was my first day successfully doing double unders.

American swings go all the way overhead. A 70 pound kettlebell is heavy for me, so I pulled it too hard on a couple reps, over balanced it, and had to ditch the bell behind me, just like you would on a snatch, only I didn't get out of the way fast enough, and it landed on my neck the first time and between my shoulder blades the second time.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-26 18:30:22
July 26 2014 17:32 GMT
#2169
sounds like a case of double under training


Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 28 2014 14:13 GMT
#2170
On July 26 2014 15:47 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 15:28 IgnE wrote:
I don't know man. He listed 6/8 jump ropes and said he got whacked twice and I won't say your proposition makes less sense it's still unfathomable how a body could drop a bell on his head doing swings.


6/8 meant six reps in the first round and 8 reps in the second. Because that was my first day successfully doing double unders.

American swings go all the way overhead. A 70 pound kettlebell is heavy for me, so I pulled it too hard on a couple reps, over balanced it, and had to ditch the bell behind me, just like you would on a snatch, only I didn't get out of the way fast enough, and it landed on my neck the first time and between my shoulder blades the second time.


You've become one of those people I laugh at from the high horse of my olympic platform at my crossfit gym

Someone make me a t shirt of a weightlifter wearing a monocle and top hat while doing snatches and laughing at crossfitters please :D
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 28 2014 14:15 GMT
#2171
Tried to take it it easy friday night (only four beers three margaritas and some shots of tequila) but still only had a mildly decent lift
Snatch 70 80 90 100 110 115 118 120 123x 123x 123
CJ up to 130



Legs so weeeeeeak. Decaf start squat cycle today -_-
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
July 28 2014 14:35 GMT
#2172
On July 28 2014 23:13 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 15:47 phyre112 wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:28 IgnE wrote:
I don't know man. He listed 6/8 jump ropes and said he got whacked twice and I won't say your proposition makes less sense it's still unfathomable how a body could drop a bell on his head doing swings.


6/8 meant six reps in the first round and 8 reps in the second. Because that was my first day successfully doing double unders.

American swings go all the way overhead. A 70 pound kettlebell is heavy for me, so I pulled it too hard on a couple reps, over balanced it, and had to ditch the bell behind me, just like you would on a snatch, only I didn't get out of the way fast enough, and it landed on my neck the first time and between my shoulder blades the second time.


You've become one of those people I laugh at from the high horse of my olympic platform at my crossfit gym

Someone make me a t shirt of a weightlifter wearing a monocle and top hat while doing snatches and laughing at crossfitters please :D

There's weightlifters.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading]


And then there's the rest of us.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading]
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 28 2014 16:52 GMT
#2173
On July 28 2014 23:35 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2014 23:13 decafchicken wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:47 phyre112 wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:28 IgnE wrote:
I don't know man. He listed 6/8 jump ropes and said he got whacked twice and I won't say your proposition makes less sense it's still unfathomable how a body could drop a bell on his head doing swings.


6/8 meant six reps in the first round and 8 reps in the second. Because that was my first day successfully doing double unders.

American swings go all the way overhead. A 70 pound kettlebell is heavy for me, so I pulled it too hard on a couple reps, over balanced it, and had to ditch the bell behind me, just like you would on a snatch, only I didn't get out of the way fast enough, and it landed on my neck the first time and between my shoulder blades the second time.


You've become one of those people I laugh at from the high horse of my olympic platform at my crossfit gym

Someone make me a t shirt of a weightlifter wearing a monocle and top hat while doing snatches and laughing at crossfitters please :D

There's weightlifters.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading]


And then there's the rest of us.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading][image loading]



holy shit, lol.

CROSSFERT!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 28 2014 17:31 GMT
#2174
On July 28 2014 23:13 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2014 15:47 phyre112 wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:28 IgnE wrote:
I don't know man. He listed 6/8 jump ropes and said he got whacked twice and I won't say your proposition makes less sense it's still unfathomable how a body could drop a bell on his head doing swings.


6/8 meant six reps in the first round and 8 reps in the second. Because that was my first day successfully doing double unders.

American swings go all the way overhead. A 70 pound kettlebell is heavy for me, so I pulled it too hard on a couple reps, over balanced it, and had to ditch the bell behind me, just like you would on a snatch, only I didn't get out of the way fast enough, and it landed on my neck the first time and between my shoulder blades the second time.


You've become one of those people I laugh at from the high horse of my olympic platform at my crossfit gym

Someone make me a t shirt of a weightlifter wearing a monocle and top hat while doing snatches and laughing at crossfitters please :D



ok.

[image loading]
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 28 2014 17:40 GMT
#2175
Funkie shows talent
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 28 2014 18:08 GMT
#2176
Squat 3x5 @185 lbs
Bench press 3x 5,5,4 @140 lbs
Deadlift 1x1 @325 lbs
Dips 3x12 @bw
Curls 4x 8, 8, 8, 10 @25 lbs

Squatting felt pretty easy today, other than one rep where I came up a little bit too soon and didn't quite hit depth. I'll probably be going up to 190 lbs on Wednesday. Benching felt way easier than last week, but I missed the last rep because I didn't quite give myself enough time to recover. Deadlifting I just didn't feel like doing a set of 5 and wanted to test my 1rm so I worked up to 325. The accessory work felt pretty easy other than the last dip I did. My biceps were actually really fried after benching and doing dips, and I rarely do any biceps work so I just added some curls in last minute.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 28 2014 21:18 GMT
#2177
Confirmed former soviet republic breeding superhumans:



http://www.allthingsgym.com/adam-maligov-230kg-jerk-rack/ (first vid)
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-29 04:25:11
July 29 2014 04:05 GMT
#2178
On July 29 2014 02:31 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2014 23:13 decafchicken wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:47 phyre112 wrote:
On July 26 2014 15:28 IgnE wrote:
I don't know man. He listed 6/8 jump ropes and said he got whacked twice and I won't say your proposition makes less sense it's still unfathomable how a body could drop a bell on his head doing swings.


6/8 meant six reps in the first round and 8 reps in the second. Because that was my first day successfully doing double unders.

American swings go all the way overhead. A 70 pound kettlebell is heavy for me, so I pulled it too hard on a couple reps, over balanced it, and had to ditch the bell behind me, just like you would on a snatch, only I didn't get out of the way fast enough, and it landed on my neck the first time and between my shoulder blades the second time.


You've become one of those people I laugh at from the high horse of my olympic platform at my crossfit gym

Someone make me a t shirt of a weightlifter wearing a monocle and top hat while doing snatches and laughing at crossfitters please :D



ok.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Small addition to the t-shirt design. Maybe front and back?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 29 2014 04:39 GMT
#2179
Got a friend in the US and a 10 day window. I'm almost decided on the nike oly shoes, but feel free to post shoes/websites to order reccomendations plz :D
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
July 29 2014 07:15 GMT
#2180
High bar vs low bar squat finally explained right
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14821
Dewaltoss 172
ZZZero.O 143
firebathero 107
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 23
Dota 2
febbydoto57
NeuroSwarm26
League of Legends
Doublelift3795
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6561
Other Games
summit1g6578
FrodaN2624
fl0m812
mouzStarbuck365
KnowMe255
ToD249
ArmadaUGS156
Mew2King47
Railgan45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1124
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 15
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen105
Other Games
• imaqtpie816
• Shiphtur217
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 19m
INu's Battles
14h 19m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 19m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.