• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9549 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 107

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 173 Next
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 21 2014 19:16 GMT
#2121
Glorious lunch after a decent lifting session. 2 burgers with pepperjack cheese and bacon and a milkshake with a scoop of whey protein in it. Close to 1400 calories if I did my guesstimation correctly, as well as over 90g of protein.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 21 2014 19:47 GMT
#2122
On July 17 2014 09:51 Jerubaal wrote:
A 5 foot 100lb girl beat the American Ninja Warrior qualifier course.

What's your excuse?

How? it requires a ridiculous amount of upper body strength.
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
July 21 2014 23:36 GMT
#2123
On July 22 2014 00:39 AsnSensation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 22:16 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
On July 21 2014 22:01 AsnSensation wrote:
How are you overweight/"fat" while clocking in 40km on the bike every day though, dat Korean BBC and Soju doing work eh?

I don't think that's the proper way to write BBQ, considering BBC means something entirely different.


Bale Benzema Cristiano!

yeah obvious typo.


I bike 40 km once a week on average. More when it's not so hot/humid outside. I go for a leisurely ride on Sundays with the wife. If I bike longer than 40 km (42 km is the actual number) it's when conditions are better for doing so (not hot/humid/not terribly windy etc.)

I'm this heavy because I eat too much. I used to weigh about 250 pounds and then I dropped down to about 175, now I'm back up to 185-190. I would like to get down to 175-180 again if possible. My diet always is a work in progress and yes, I do enjoy my alcohol on the weekends. My friends are friends who drink very heavily 2-3 times a week and like to go out for Korean BBQ while doing so. They're all types who've lifted since their teens and are now in their early 30s who were already strong before coming to Korea, I suppose. It's frustrating to hang around them. One guy is like 170 pounds but he can bench 305...Deadlifts 475... I wish I could get those kinds of numbers
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 22 2014 02:03 GMT
#2124
On July 22 2014 04:47 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2014 09:51 Jerubaal wrote:
A 5 foot 100lb girl beat the American Ninja Warrior qualifier course.

What's your excuse?

How? it requires a ridiculous amount of upper body strength.


No, it requires a ridiculous strength to bodyweight ratio.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 22 2014 03:00 GMT
#2125
On July 22 2014 11:03 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2014 04:47 c0ldfusion wrote:
On July 17 2014 09:51 Jerubaal wrote:
A 5 foot 100lb girl beat the American Ninja Warrior qualifier course.

What's your excuse?

How? it requires a ridiculous amount of upper body strength.


No, it requires a ridiculous strength to bodyweight ratio.


I don't think any one obstacle is too challenging for a trained athlete, endurance is the hardest part.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
July 22 2014 08:37 GMT
#2126
I think a 5 foot athlete is going to have a much easier time than 6'5+ athlete.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 22 2014 08:48 GMT
#2127
Stop making excuses NMC. We've already been over how spider-monkeys are the best candidates.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-22 16:02:08
July 22 2014 15:53 GMT
#2128
Trying to set up my routine for when I get back to regular classes in the fall. Not sure right now whether I'll be joining another crossfit, or just going back to the college's gym I was at previously and adding some metcons into my workouts. Giving me quite a headache trying to work all the things I want to do in together - I was enjoying someone else doing the programming for me.

There's a couple things where I'm really not sure WHAT I want to do - I don't know how I want to progress my squat, I don't know how often I want to back vs front squat (right now I'm doing a week of back, a week of front, repeat). I don't know what frequency or volume I want to press at, and I don't know if I care about bench press at all. I know I want to snatch and C&J twice a week in some variation, but I don't know how long that's going to take me and what other work I can fit in that day. I don't know when my work schedule is going to be, so I don't know what days are open for AM/PM workouts, what days I have 45 minutes and what days I have 2 hours. It's all very much a headache and I've got a long way to go before I solve it.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 22 2014 16:27 GMT
#2129
phyre with dem first world problems :D

yesterday
AM
Back squats -> terribad. Barely got 405 so just got in some volume around 365-405
PM
Snatch - 90 100 105 108 110 113 115 118x 118x 118 120x 120x then doubles at 100, 100, 105, 110
Snatch Pulls 3x 130, 140, 140, 145
Sots Press 3x6 @ 40kg
Pull ups 4x6
Few 200m runs supersetted with box jumps then a 2k row
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-22 21:35:22
July 22 2014 21:34 GMT
#2130
- double bitch.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
July 22 2014 21:35 GMT
#2131
I squatted 410 today. feels good man. close to my year pR of 200kg! :D

.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 23 2014 00:12 GMT
#2132
Today:

3 Rounds For Time-
10 Chest to bar pullups
10 Front Squats 135#
10 Burpees
Completed in 9:59. Burpees and pullups took under 45 seconds each per round, front squats killed me.

Then:
50 Strict Chest to Bar pullups, as few sets as possible.
3 DB Strict Press (45#) every time you're off the bar.

Written was 3 HSPU, but I can't do those so I had to sub it.
12-10-5-7-6-5-5.

@Decaf if I wanted a first world problems post, I would start bitching about how much crossfit gyms cost again.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 23 2014 00:47 GMT
#2133
On July 23 2014 00:53 phyre112 wrote:
Trying to set up my routine for when I get back to regular classes in the fall. Not sure right now whether I'll be joining another crossfit, or just going back to the college's gym I was at previously and adding some metcons into my workouts. Giving me quite a headache trying to work all the things I want to do in together - I was enjoying someone else doing the programming for me.

There's a couple things where I'm really not sure WHAT I want to do - I don't know how I want to progress my squat, I don't know how often I want to back vs front squat (right now I'm doing a week of back, a week of front, repeat). I don't know what frequency or volume I want to press at, and I don't know if I care about bench press at all. I know I want to snatch and C&J twice a week in some variation, but I don't know how long that's going to take me and what other work I can fit in that day. I don't know when my work schedule is going to be, so I don't know what days are open for AM/PM workouts, what days I have 45 minutes and what days I have 2 hours. It's all very much a headache and I've got a long way to go before I solve it.


You know when I was in college I just read T-Nation forums and went to the gym to lift heavy things. I don't recommend reading the T-Nation forums, but you are stressing out about the wrong things. Body recomp is 80% diet and 20% training. If you aren't eating enough food and getting enough protein it doesn't really matter what specific training protocol you are using to progress on your squat.

Programming is really overrated for people who aren't already really strong. Consistency, intensity, and diet far outweigh other factors.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17892 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-23 00:57:56
July 23 2014 00:57 GMT
#2134
sleep is also really important.
you want to increase your strength you have to sleep 8 hours every night at the same time every night.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 23 2014 01:03 GMT
#2135
I went through a period in college where I was getting polyphasic sleep. Then I just decided that sleep was more important than class. That was pretty early on.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 23 2014 01:24 GMT
#2136
Clean practice, into Power Cleans cause I hit my knee pretty badly on one catch
FS 140kgx2x5 (PR)
OHP 50kgx8x3

my shoulders still lack the flexibilty to jerk properly, but I could get up to 90 before pain

+1 on programing being overrated, pick a few exercises for the day, low reps when you feel strong, higher reps when you feel weak. Percentages are retarded in my opinion btw.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
July 23 2014 01:25 GMT
#2137
Nothing affects my lifts more than whether or not I hit my 8 hours minimum of sleep. Everything else usually ends up gravy, but that's due in large part to my training for going on 6 years now.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
wizard944
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
194 Posts
July 23 2014 01:33 GMT
#2138
Hey TL, I've been getting into lifting a lot this summer and I've really noticed a lot of great effects of it in my everyday life!

however, today, while doing cleans, my left anterior deltoid started hurting a lot while I was in the rack position. it's more of a pulled muscle kind of hurt, not a soreness kind of hurt, so I stopped my workout immediately. it's gotten a little better since I've rested it the remainder of today, and some quick internet research seems to point to a mild rotator cuff injury that should get better by itself in the next day or so of relaxing, but I was wondering if anyone had had similar problems and whether there are any technique issues associated with this kind of injury. One of my friends said I might be pulling with my arms too soon instead of waiting for the full triple extension, so that's one posssibility, but is there anything else? Thanks!
Kassar DeTemplari
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
July 23 2014 01:37 GMT
#2139
To be entirely honest, there is relatively little anyone here can do for you past a form critique, which would require that you take a video of your lift. Past that, find a lacrosse ball or a piece of pvc pipe and roll your upper back and shoulder area. That might relieve some of the tension.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-23 02:11:59
July 23 2014 02:11 GMT
#2140
On July 23 2014 10:25 farvacola wrote:
Nothing affects my lifts more than whether or not I hit my 8 hours minimum of sleep. Everything else usually ends up gravy, but that's due in large part to my training for going on 6 years now.


Nothing affects my quality of life more than whether or not I get my 8 hours minimum of sleep, so I guess that's why I sometimes forget about it when talking about lifting. I don't understand how people operate when tired. Usually nothing you are doing is so important it can't wait for a nap.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.