• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9549 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 106

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 173 Next
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
July 19 2014 20:21 GMT
#2101
Got a gold medal in my division for dragon boat today
51.57 sec I think for 200 m (fastest time of the day by some national level paddlers was 47 sec for reference)
[image loading]
Official Entusman #21
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 19 2014 20:59 GMT
#2102
On July 19 2014 11:23 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2014 11:18 ShadeR wrote:
Looks like 150kg enough to get fluro hotpants girl mirin.


he needs shorter shorts

who is that guy anyway? lol

(Z)sLivko I assume but don't follow SC.

Grats infinity!!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 19 2014 23:51 GMT
#2103
Grats infinity

googled dragon boat, and each boat seems to have 20 ppl on it? oo
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-20 13:35:10
July 20 2014 13:33 GMT
#2104
I find I'm using this thread to rant these days...

So, I'm gonna start jogging to prepare for a 10 km run in October. A ways away but I'm trying to figure out how to balance running/lifting into my schedule; since I'm doing stronglifts I probably can't run 3x a week and squat 3x a week, at least not at my max effort for either.

Doing this run with my parents in-law (Korean) so I want to do it well. About a 1.5 years ago I could run 5 km on a treadmill without a problem (around 28:30-29:00 was my time without really pushing myself). I tried 10 km once and managed it over 60 minutes without issue. I was about 6-7 kg lighter then but also weaker. My stamina is great these days because I ride my bike to work every day, I also ride to the gym and to my friend's houses. And usually once or twice a week I slam out 40-60 km on my bike at night. I can ride 100 km in a single session without much issue besides a headache from listening to music too long.

Rant: I'm still overweight and I'm a bit tired of always hearing Koreans telling me their surprised I exercise at all. I say I lift weights and they feel my biceps where I don't really train those directly... and they say well you're still fat! I'm used to it but it's demotivating. Current stats are about 85 kg at 5'11 (178 cm I think). As mentioned before in this thread, max bench so far has been 80 kg (175) for 4 reps, squat... I did 235 low bar (105kg) and now doing high bar at 205 (~90kg) with better form at 5x5. Should do 95kg tomorrow morning without issue I hope. Deadlift 275 (115 kg) for 5 without much problem. OHP 125 for 3-5 reps, 115 for 5x5 without much issue. Point is: numbers aren't impressive I know, but they aren't completely "untrained" numbers, which is why it's annoying to hear people say "oh, you workout? Really?" Ugh.

I'll probably squat twice a week, Monday and Wednesday, and then start running Thursday/Fridays. Once the weather outside is more bearable I might run Wed-Fri and squat only Monday or something. Anyone have advice on that? Sound possible? Or can I just squat 3x a week and run 2-3x a week, squatting maybe once a week at "max"?

edit: to FFGenerations: I teach ESL in Korea. Been here since the end of 2009. Well worth it since I'm way out of debt, married a very good looking girl, and met a lot of life long friends. Not to mention learned a new language/culture and also done travelling in this corner of the world. The job itself is really wearing me thin though. It's pure business and all about money. It's really worn me down. Can't wait to get out of this industry...
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
July 20 2014 14:32 GMT
#2105
If it bothers you I would just pick 'em up and maybe do a few squats 'with them'.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
July 20 2014 14:59 GMT
#2106
Thanks mordek & gotunk!
On July 20 2014 08:51 GoTuNk! wrote:
Grats infinity

googled dragon boat, and each boat seems to have 20 ppl on it? oo

Yup, 20 paddlers, 1 steersperson, and 1 drummer
Official Entusman #21
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
July 20 2014 20:41 GMT
#2107
On July 20 2014 22:33 SoleSteeler wrote:

edit: to FFGenerations: I teach ESL in Korea. Been here since the end of 2009. Well worth it since I'm way out of debt, married a very good looking girl, and met a lot of life long friends. Not to mention learned a new language/culture and also done travelling in this corner of the world. The job itself is really wearing me thin though. It's pure business and all about money. It's really worn me down. Can't wait to get out of this industry...


pretty awesome note, google ESL and top 2 links are esports

why do you slam out 40km on your bike at night? it sounds pretty cool/romantic but i wud be sleeping the rest of the week lol

you will always find people who have never been to the gym and are still 10x stronger than you, have forearms as big as your head etc. your value comes not from your numbers, but from the fact that you aspire
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-20 22:42:11
July 20 2014 22:42 GMT
#2108
On July 20 2014 22:33 SoleSteeler wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I find I'm using this thread to rant these days...

So, I'm gonna start jogging to prepare for a 10 km run in October. A ways away but I'm trying to figure out how to balance running/lifting into my schedule; since I'm doing stronglifts I probably can't run 3x a week and squat 3x a week, at least not at my max effort for either.

Doing this run with my parents in-law (Korean) so I want to do it well. About a 1.5 years ago I could run 5 km on a treadmill without a problem (around 28:30-29:00 was my time without really pushing myself). I tried 10 km once and managed it over 60 minutes without issue. I was about 6-7 kg lighter then but also weaker. My stamina is great these days because I ride my bike to work every day, I also ride to the gym and to my friend's houses. And usually once or twice a week I slam out 40-60 km on my bike at night. I can ride 100 km in a single session without much issue besides a headache from listening to music too long.

Rant: I'm still overweight and I'm a bit tired of always hearing Koreans telling me their surprised I exercise at all. I say I lift weights and they feel my biceps where I don't really train those directly... and they say well you're still fat! I'm used to it but it's demotivating. Current stats are about 85 kg at 5'11 (178 cm I think). As mentioned before in this thread, max bench so far has been 80 kg (175) for 4 reps, squat... I did 235 low bar (105kg) and now doing high bar at 205 (~90kg) with better form at 5x5. Should do 95kg tomorrow morning without issue I hope. Deadlift 275 (115 kg) for 5 without much problem. OHP 125 for 3-5 reps, 115 for 5x5 without much issue. Point is: numbers aren't impressive I know, but they aren't completely "untrained" numbers, which is why it's annoying to hear people say "oh, you workout? Really?" Ugh.

I'll probably squat twice a week, Monday and Wednesday, and then start running Thursday/Fridays. Once the weather outside is more bearable I might run Wed-Fri and squat only Monday or something. Anyone have advice on that? Sound possible? Or can I just squat 3x a week and run 2-3x a week, squatting maybe once a week at "max"?

edit: to FFGenerations: I teach ESL in Korea. Been here since the end of 2009. Well worth it since I'm way out of debt, married a very good looking girl, and met a lot of life long friends. Not to mention learned a new language/culture and also done travelling in this corner of the world. The job itself is really wearing me thin though. It's pure business and all about money. It's really worn me down. Can't wait to get out of this industry...


Since you've already been exposed (and married into) asian culture for some time now, I guess you know how blunt they can be about calling people fat. Especially the koreans can be really superficial and put a lot of emphasis on appearance.
I guess you could either just shrug it off and relieve stress by beasting your workouts or go on a cut and drop a bit more weight until your in laws are satisfied :D.

And also nothing wrong with incorporating a few good old biceps curls as accessory work 1-2x per week. If you want big guns, then curl!
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
July 21 2014 01:50 GMT
#2109
I slam out 40k on my bike at night because it's relaxing and fun. Seoul has tons of cool bike trails and nice scenery, despite it also looking like a concrete nightmare... It's nice to go out and ride along the Han river and listen to some music and get away from all the cars and traffic.

I should have phrased my post differently: my in-laws are mostly fine in regards to my appearance. They are kinder than pretty much all other Koreans to me. It's others that give me shit. My parents in-law do comment about my weight sometimes, which is true. Anyway, I just want to prove to them that I do actually have some stamina in me. I don't want to come across as holding any negative feelings toward them.

---

Morning gym session... Monday morning I never seem to be able to do that well at the gym. It must be not eating properly on the weekend. I did 5x5 at 95kg squats but my knees moved in and out awkwardly on some sets. Really need to figure that one out...
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 21 2014 02:11 GMT
#2110
Running 5k 3x/week isn't going to interfere with your squat progress at those numbers. Sure your legs will be tired, but if you find it's giving you an issue, the problem is mental, not physical. i'm making weekly progress at around those numbers (just did 225 x 3 x 10 on friday) squatting 3x/week, and I'm running 3x/week and doing 4x/week crossfit metcons.
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
July 21 2014 03:00 GMT
#2111
Do you run on the same days you lift? I lift in the morning and I would probably run at night. Or should I run on my offdays?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 21 2014 03:02 GMT
#2112
On July 21 2014 12:00 SoleSteeler wrote:
Do you run on the same days you lift? I lift in the morning and I would probably run at night. Or should I run on my offdays?

Shouldn't matter too much as long you have adequate time to eat and rest. I would run after you lift though.
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
July 21 2014 03:12 GMT
#2113
Alright cool. Thanks for responses. Ill be trying to do 10 km eventually but ill start with some 5km runs.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 03:34:27
July 21 2014 03:31 GMT
#2114
I personally hate running and find it really boring, but do whatever makes you happiest :D

Hoping to hit 175 3x5 for squats tomorrow, deadlift 285 1x5, and bench press 135 3x5. If the bench press goes nicely, I'll move up 5 lbs again. My left shoulder is still nagging me (hurts in the medial head when I turn it a specific way; I feel no pain when pressing). I've been doing some of the YTW exercises as well as some reverse flyes and some rowing on an erg. I feel like my rotator cuff probably isn't the issue, so I'll start working on mobility and maybe apply some pressure to try and work the tight spots.

Also going to do some front squats and deficit pause deadlifts to work on my hamstrings some more. I feel like pulling off the floor is pretty weak for me and I have shitty hamstring recruitment in the deadlift. I'd like to work on form and having as arched of a back as possible since a lot of the times when the weight gets heavy I lose the bottom position and my back starts to round and I pull with my back and don't really push through my legs much.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-21 03:39:57
July 21 2014 03:38 GMT
#2115
Just make sure you're eating enough if you're working out and running. I train muay thai 4 nights a week on top of my strength training and haven't really felt any interference yet. I find it easier to train strength in the morning and then muay thai at night rather than the other way around, though I'd probably alternate the days if I had the luxury of choice.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 21 2014 08:14 GMT
#2116
On July 21 2014 12:12 SoleSteeler wrote:
Alright cool. Thanks for responses. Ill be trying to do 10 km eventually but ill start with some 5km runs.


We all get into this to look good (I think), but at some point you won't give a shit what other ppl think about ur appereance.
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
July 21 2014 10:55 GMT
#2117
I've never really cared too much about my appearance. I'm a balding ginger with a dirty mustache. Haha. I'm mostly tired of my capabilities not showing through.

I went for a run tonight. I like how it's a lot quicker than going 2+ hours on my bike. Obviously... Just ran 3.2 km in about 18 minutes. Pretty slow... But not terrible I guess. I got a huge cramp in my gut. Hot as balls outside. Felt good to run though. It's a lot more fun to run outside than on a treadmill.

--------------

My lateral knee movement during squats is due to weak adductors (abductors?) it looks like. It doesn't seem affected at near my working sets, so hopefully it shouldn't take too long to fix... Seems like I'm always discovering new weaknesses in my body. As long as I'm aware and work on them I guess that's not a bad thing.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
July 21 2014 13:01 GMT
#2118
How are you overweight/"fat" while clocking in 40km on the bike every day though, dat Korean BBC and Soju doing work eh?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 21 2014 13:16 GMT
#2119
On July 21 2014 22:01 AsnSensation wrote:
How are you overweight/"fat" while clocking in 40km on the bike every day though, dat Korean BBC and Soju doing work eh?

I don't think that's the proper way to write BBQ, considering BBC means something entirely different.
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
July 21 2014 15:39 GMT
#2120
On July 21 2014 22:16 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2014 22:01 AsnSensation wrote:
How are you overweight/"fat" while clocking in 40km on the bike every day though, dat Korean BBC and Soju doing work eh?

I don't think that's the proper way to write BBQ, considering BBC means something entirely different.


Bale Benzema Cristiano!

yeah obvious typo.
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.