• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8530 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 112

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 110 111 112 113 114 173 Next
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 05 2014 09:33 GMT
#2221
So I took 2 weeks off lifting, partly involuntarily as I was traveling to Greece again. I subbed in cardio where I could and some bodyweight exercises. Also took all alcohol out of my diet for the last week.

My blood pressure is down again to normal levels, which was a huge relief for me. I have no reliable read on resting heart rate yet.

Since the nosebleeds just wouldn't stop I had the inside of my nose burned out with an electric torch. Stupidly painful, but it's sooo relieving to not worry about blood shooting from my face all day. And the doctor said the inside of my nose was such a crater from weeks of bleeding it's likely it wouldn't have healed by itself anymore.

I'll start training strength again next week - hope everything will go better now! Thanks again for all the advice.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 05 2014 14:18 GMT
#2222
holy shit the cauterized the inside of your nose??
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
August 05 2014 14:47 GMT
#2223
I had to google "cauterized" but yes. Smelled like burned flesh and all too. But no bleeding since, I am really relieved.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 05 2014 20:48 GMT
#2224
My wife bought 8lb of blueberries which has been awesome. However, I have a suspicion they are the reason my anus is getting rekt -_- Anyone know why or if that's possible? Google wasn't very helpful but that's the only diet change I can think of.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 05 2014 20:54 GMT
#2225
Diarrhea from blueberries is very possible lol, you'd probably get used to them over time but that'd require a pretty stable supply of blueberries.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 05 2014 21:20 GMT
#2226
Bummer. I haven't noticed before when I've had blueberries but this is probably the largest spike in my intake. I suppose there are worse things to have an adverse/allergic reaction to.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 05 2014 21:24 GMT
#2227
On August 06 2014 06:20 mordek wrote:
Bummer. I haven't noticed before when I've had blueberries but this is probably the largest spike in my intake. I suppose there are worse things to have an adverse/allergic reaction to.


Eating pounds of any fruit isn't really smart I think :p
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 05 2014 21:36 GMT
#2228
Just eat a normal amount of blueberries instead of 8 pounds jeez lol
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 05 2014 22:05 GMT
#2229
Guys I'm having some trouble navigating this thread. I'm looking for a more comprehensive guide on following a low carb diet with really detailed instructions on what I can eat and can't eat. Beans for example, I know are highly encouraged under such a diet but they have quite a bit more carbs than protein. This is all quite confusing.

Also, in what form should fat be consumed - just loads of olive oil? Is there a more efficient way to consume fat? Thanks.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 05 2014 22:12 GMT
#2230
What kind of low carb diet are you following? If it's anything close to Paleo or Atkins, then you are going to want to generally avoid most beans, save for maybe some black or wax beans here or there. When it comes to getting in your fat, I'd just load up on dairy like cheese, milk, and yogurt, in addition to cooking with lots of olive oil/butter.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 05 2014 22:25 GMT
#2231
On August 06 2014 07:12 farvacola wrote:
What kind of low carb diet are you following? If it's anything close to Paleo or Atkins, then you are going to want to generally avoid most beans, save for maybe some black or wax beans here or there. When it comes to getting in your fat, I'd just load up on dairy like cheese, milk, and yogurt, in addition to cooking with lots of olive oil/butter.

Not Paleo that's for sure. Beans are not OK in Atkin's diet? I thought they were hmm...
Milk has quite a bit carbs I hear though.
autoexec
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States530 Posts
August 05 2014 22:37 GMT
#2232
Why don't you look on the nutrition label?
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 05 2014 23:09 GMT
#2233
On August 06 2014 07:25 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 07:12 farvacola wrote:
What kind of low carb diet are you following? If it's anything close to Paleo or Atkins, then you are going to want to generally avoid most beans, save for maybe some black or wax beans here or there. When it comes to getting in your fat, I'd just load up on dairy like cheese, milk, and yogurt, in addition to cooking with lots of olive oil/butter.

Not Paleo that's for sure. Beans are not OK in Atkin's diet? I thought they were hmm...
Milk has quite a bit carbs I hear though.

Well it all comes down to what your diet's goal is relative to its form; a number of low carb diets hinge on the individual's ability to keep their carb intake below a certain number, most notably Atkins, Paleo, and their related forms. On the other hand, low carb diets are simply a useful way of creating a diet that is naturally low in calories. If you're implementing a diet similar to the latter, then beans would be fine.

You're right about milk having some carbs in it; most people who consume it in an Atkins diet do so with the understanding that most of their daily carb allowance is coming from the sugar in the milk.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 05 2014 23:47 GMT
#2234
On August 06 2014 07:37 autoexec wrote:
Why don't you look on the nutrition label?

For things like canned food and snacks sure. But for dinner, I eat out a lot, can't really do that.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 05 2014 23:50 GMT
#2235
On August 06 2014 08:09 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 07:25 c0ldfusion wrote:
On August 06 2014 07:12 farvacola wrote:
What kind of low carb diet are you following? If it's anything close to Paleo or Atkins, then you are going to want to generally avoid most beans, save for maybe some black or wax beans here or there. When it comes to getting in your fat, I'd just load up on dairy like cheese, milk, and yogurt, in addition to cooking with lots of olive oil/butter.

Not Paleo that's for sure. Beans are not OK in Atkin's diet? I thought they were hmm...
Milk has quite a bit carbs I hear though.

Well it all comes down to what your diet's goal is relative to its form; a number of low carb diets hinge on the individual's ability to keep their carb intake below a certain number, most notably Atkins, Paleo, and their related forms. On the other hand, low carb diets are simply a useful way of creating a diet that is naturally low in calories. If you're implementing a diet similar to the latter, then beans would be fine.

You're right about milk having some carbs in it; most people who consume it in an Atkins diet do so with the understanding that most of their daily carb allowance is coming from the sugar in the milk.

I just think there is a lot of misinformation about what works and what doesn't.

In any case, the only sources of carbs in my diet currently come from beans and plain Greek yogurt and I'm not seeing progress. On top of that I'm doing HIIT cardio thrice a week. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 05 2014 23:51 GMT
#2236
On August 06 2014 08:50 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 08:09 farvacola wrote:
On August 06 2014 07:25 c0ldfusion wrote:
On August 06 2014 07:12 farvacola wrote:
What kind of low carb diet are you following? If it's anything close to Paleo or Atkins, then you are going to want to generally avoid most beans, save for maybe some black or wax beans here or there. When it comes to getting in your fat, I'd just load up on dairy like cheese, milk, and yogurt, in addition to cooking with lots of olive oil/butter.

Not Paleo that's for sure. Beans are not OK in Atkin's diet? I thought they were hmm...
Milk has quite a bit carbs I hear though.

Well it all comes down to what your diet's goal is relative to its form; a number of low carb diets hinge on the individual's ability to keep their carb intake below a certain number, most notably Atkins, Paleo, and their related forms. On the other hand, low carb diets are simply a useful way of creating a diet that is naturally low in calories. If you're implementing a diet similar to the latter, then beans would be fine.

You're right about milk having some carbs in it; most people who consume it in an Atkins diet do so with the understanding that most of their daily carb allowance is coming from the sugar in the milk.

I just think there is a lot of misinformation about what works and what doesn't.

In any case, the only sources of carbs in my diet currently come from beans and plain Greek yogurt and I'm not seeing progress. On top of that I'm doing HIIT cardio thrice a week. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

How much do you weigh/what is your height, is HIIT your only exercise, and how many calories are you taking in a day?
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 06 2014 00:21 GMT
#2237
On August 06 2014 08:51 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 08:50 c0ldfusion wrote:
On August 06 2014 08:09 farvacola wrote:
On August 06 2014 07:25 c0ldfusion wrote:
On August 06 2014 07:12 farvacola wrote:
What kind of low carb diet are you following? If it's anything close to Paleo or Atkins, then you are going to want to generally avoid most beans, save for maybe some black or wax beans here or there. When it comes to getting in your fat, I'd just load up on dairy like cheese, milk, and yogurt, in addition to cooking with lots of olive oil/butter.

Not Paleo that's for sure. Beans are not OK in Atkin's diet? I thought they were hmm...
Milk has quite a bit carbs I hear though.

Well it all comes down to what your diet's goal is relative to its form; a number of low carb diets hinge on the individual's ability to keep their carb intake below a certain number, most notably Atkins, Paleo, and their related forms. On the other hand, low carb diets are simply a useful way of creating a diet that is naturally low in calories. If you're implementing a diet similar to the latter, then beans would be fine.

You're right about milk having some carbs in it; most people who consume it in an Atkins diet do so with the understanding that most of their daily carb allowance is coming from the sugar in the milk.

I just think there is a lot of misinformation about what works and what doesn't.

In any case, the only sources of carbs in my diet currently come from beans and plain Greek yogurt and I'm not seeing progress. On top of that I'm doing HIIT cardio thrice a week. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

How much do you weigh/what is your height, is HIIT your only exercise, and how many calories are you taking in a day?

I'm at 170 right now. I'm 5'7.
HIIT cardio is my only exercise.

I have not measured how much calories I'm eating yet.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 06 2014 00:23 GMT
#2238
Then I'd definitely start there before worrying too much about spinning your wheels. It can be very easy to start taking in lots of hidden calories in the name of "low carb", and unless you're going into a state of ketosis, tracking those daily caloric mins and maxes is going to be important.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 06 2014 00:26 GMT
#2239
Pulled my hamstring doing lunges. Felt it give way. Fucking hurts now. Want to break something.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 06 2014 00:26 GMT
#2240
On August 06 2014 09:23 farvacola wrote:
Then I'd definitely start there before worrying too much about spinning your wheels. It can be very easy to start taking in lots of hidden calories in the name of "low carb", and unless you're going into a state of ketosis, tracking those daily caloric mins and maxes is going to be important.

Fair point. What calorie range should I be targeting?
Prev 1 110 111 112 113 114 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.