• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8530 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 113

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 173 Next
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-06 00:33:37
August 06 2014 00:32 GMT
#2241
On August 06 2014 09:26 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 09:23 farvacola wrote:
Then I'd definitely start there before worrying too much about spinning your wheels. It can be very easy to start taking in lots of hidden calories in the name of "low carb", and unless you're going into a state of ketosis, tracking those daily caloric mins and maxes is going to be important.

Fair point. What calorie range should I be targeting?

With all other variables holding, at your height and weight, you'd probably be hitting a nice moderate weekly weight loss at around 1900-2200 calories a day.
On August 06 2014 09:26 IgnE wrote:
Pulled my hamstring doing lunges. Felt it give way. Fucking hurts now. Want to break something.

Hamstring pain is some of the absolute worst. I do not envy you.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
August 06 2014 00:33 GMT
#2242
On August 06 2014 09:26 IgnE wrote:
Pulled my hamstring doing lunges. Felt it give way. Fucking hurts now. Want to break something.


An Idea: Break a squat pr.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 06 2014 00:36 GMT
#2243
On August 06 2014 09:32 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 09:26 c0ldfusion wrote:
On August 06 2014 09:23 farvacola wrote:
Then I'd definitely start there before worrying too much about spinning your wheels. It can be very easy to start taking in lots of hidden calories in the name of "low carb", and unless you're going into a state of ketosis, tracking those daily caloric mins and maxes is going to be important.

Fair point. What calorie range should I be targeting?

With all other variables holding, at your height and weight, you'd probably be hitting a nice, moderate weight loss at around 1900-2200 calories a day.

Hmm.. alright. Sounds reasonable.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 06 2014 01:46 GMT
#2244
On August 06 2014 09:26 IgnE wrote:
Pulled my hamstring doing lunges. Felt it give way. Fucking hurts now. Want to break something.


By pull you mean a very tight muscle or an actual tear? (you see some blood)

Clean and Squat jerk 90kg(PR), Clean 110kg(PR), C & J 92.5 (PR)
FS 130kgx3x3, ran out of energy. Jerks are fucking tiring, but at least I can finally do them.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 06 2014 01:57 GMT
#2245
I don't know, it just happened a couple hours ago. No bruising as of yet.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 06 2014 02:04 GMT
#2246
On August 06 2014 10:57 IgnE wrote:
I don't know, it just happened a couple hours ago. No bruising as of yet.


Then it might just be a knot, see if you can loosen it up.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-06 02:12:36
August 06 2014 02:12 GMT
#2247
No, it's not a knot. I felt a pop, and it hurts to palpate it or go up stairs.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 06 2014 02:32 GMT
#2248
On August 06 2014 11:12 IgnE wrote:
No, it's not a knot. I felt a pop, and it hurts to palpate it or go up stairs.


Really tight knots will feel like a pop and keep hurting. However pain would naturally decrease a bit by now, so I don't think so.

U are experienced enough to know how to best heal yourself
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
August 06 2014 02:36 GMT
#2249
I'm not really sure what you mean by "knot." What is a knot?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 06 2014 03:14 GMT
#2250
On August 06 2014 11:36 IgnE wrote:
I'm not really sure what you mean by "knot." What is a knot?


When a muscle gets really tight in a single point and fucks up your entire movement somewhat. If you put pressure you feel a similar pain to an area where u got punched hard.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 06 2014 04:55 GMT
#2251
Yeah I'd try to stretch it out periodically and keep blood flowing to the area, maybe some gentle foam rolling and see how it feels tomorrow. Might have just seized up a bit instead of a full on sprain. Try some kstarr hamstring stuff.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-06 05:35:32
August 06 2014 05:33 GMT
#2252
Well I'm pissed because last week I felt a slight twinge when squatting that I thought I had rolled out, and now this week I'm doing walking lunges and feel a pop followed by pain that is way way worse. After icing it all night and a massive dose of ibuprofen the pain has gone down so I'm thinking its probably a grade 1 sprain.

It's also really difficult to "roll" the inner medial side of the hamstrings up by the glutes.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 06 2014 06:41 GMT
#2253
On August 06 2014 14:33 IgnE wrote:
Well I'm pissed because last week I felt a slight twinge when squatting that I thought I had rolled out, and now this week I'm doing walking lunges and feel a pop followed by pain that is way way worse. After icing it all night and a massive dose of ibuprofen the pain has gone down so I'm thinking its probably a grade 1 sprain.

It's also really difficult to "roll" the inner medial side of the hamstrings up by the glutes.


Yeah, I solved the puzzle recently.

You have to sit on a hard surface, ideally with your legs hanging, and put a lacrosse/grass hockey ball on the spot and gradually put your weight into it. Then you swing your legs sideways.

This hurts like hell but it works
ii.blitzkrieg
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada1122 Posts
August 06 2014 07:07 GMT
#2254
Anyone have a good recommendation for a belt I can order online? Needs to be shippable in Canada or US
iloveoov / Flash / Fantasy / Midas / Boxer -BW forever
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-06 12:01:28
August 06 2014 11:56 GMT
#2255
On August 06 2014 06:36 decafchicken wrote:
Just eat a normal amount of blueberries instead of 8 pounds jeez lol

Guys I had a couple handfuls.... there's still like 6lb left after 3 days! Seriously? You thought I was asking why I'm having issues after eating 8 pounds?? haha

On August 06 2014 15:41 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 14:33 IgnE wrote:
Well I'm pissed because last week I felt a slight twinge when squatting that I thought I had rolled out, and now this week I'm doing walking lunges and feel a pop followed by pain that is way way worse. After icing it all night and a massive dose of ibuprofen the pain has gone down so I'm thinking its probably a grade 1 sprain.

It's also really difficult to "roll" the inner medial side of the hamstrings up by the glutes.


Yeah, I solved the puzzle recently.

You have to sit on a hard surface, ideally with your legs hanging, and put a lacrosse/grass hockey ball on the spot and gradually put your weight into it. Then you swing your legs sideways.

This hurts like hell but it works

This is indeed the best way to do any myofascial release for the hamstrings. Nothing else really gets it.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
August 06 2014 12:49 GMT
#2256
[image loading]
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
August 06 2014 12:52 GMT
#2257
On August 06 2014 21:49 ShadeR wrote:
[image loading]

Mordek's wife, age 7.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
August 06 2014 13:08 GMT
#2258
You guys are outta control XD
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
August 06 2014 13:09 GMT
#2259
On August 06 2014 22:08 mordek wrote:
You guys are outta control XD

Your blueberry eating habits are out of control. Do you need help? Call 1-800-BLUEBERRY if you feel that you can't do anything to help your uncontrollable addiction.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 06 2014 14:31 GMT
#2260
On August 06 2014 15:41 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2014 14:33 IgnE wrote:
Well I'm pissed because last week I felt a slight twinge when squatting that I thought I had rolled out, and now this week I'm doing walking lunges and feel a pop followed by pain that is way way worse. After icing it all night and a massive dose of ibuprofen the pain has gone down so I'm thinking its probably a grade 1 sprain.

It's also really difficult to "roll" the inner medial side of the hamstrings up by the glutes.


Yeah, I solved the puzzle recently.

You have to sit on a hard surface, ideally with your legs hanging, and put a lacrosse/grass hockey ball on the spot and gradually put your weight into it. Then you swing your legs sideways.

This hurts like hell but it works


Was going to suggest the same thing. It's fucking brutal.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.