• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9613 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 370

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 368 369 370 371 372 379 Next
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 07 2012 22:37 GMT
#7381
On December 08 2012 06:32 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 22:05 mordek wrote:
On December 07 2012 17:22 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On December 07 2012 17:07 Crushinator wrote:
I just started smoking again. I don't know how it happened but it did. I will quit again after this weekend. Feels so bad, but I geuss a moment of weakness isn't the end of the world.

No, you won't stop after this weekend. You stop today. What is this bullshit, you know you shouldn't smoke and you've already broken your promise. If you fuck up, you unfuck whatever you did ASAP. Procrastination is weakness. Every time you let yourself get away will breaking your promise, you will reduce your discipline.

I love this attitude :D


Further on this line of thinking. I had a coach tell me something that has stuck with me to this day...

"Once you quit, it gets easier every time after that."

I didn't pay it any mind, but he was 100% right. I fucked up a lot after high school without my parents there to control me. I'm ashamed about it, but I've grown from what I was.

The other thing he told me was...

"Work hard, do right, good things happen."

I've lived by that for a bit over a year now and my life is in a much better place than it was. Coach Diller was the shit.

On that note, time for me to go to the gym. Never miss a day you could have at least gone in and gotten a sweat going. Never quit on yourself.


You the fucking man Risen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
December 08 2012 17:11 GMT
#7382
Moved to a new place this week. As part of the move, I decided to throw out all the cheap clothes I got during school and university which no longer fit me. I think by I threw out about 100 pieces of clothing in the end, including almost all my jeans and a shit load of shirts. Squats and deadlifts ftw :D
Moderator
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
December 10 2012 06:44 GMT
#7383
i was going to post a 3month pic but there is no visible difference >_< going to keep up my routine and see where it takes me in a few more months.

i now do squats, pull-ups, and bench press! in addition to cardio. everything burns, it is great.
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
December 10 2012 12:22 GMT
#7384
post anyway
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 10 2012 13:40 GMT
#7385
On December 10 2012 15:44 hazelynut wrote:
i was going to post a 3month pic but there is no visible difference >_< going to keep up my routine and see where it takes me in a few more months.

i now do squats, pull-ups, and bench press! in addition to cardio. everything burns, it is great.


Believe me, it is better to post these in time, you'll love it later.

Seeing the you from 6-9 months ago, gives the "now you" a pat in the back and a "fuck I'm awesome" feeling that nothing can take away.

(ask malinor about, guy is a total fucking boss).
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 10 2012 13:53 GMT
#7386
On December 07 2012 23:40 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 23:37 ShadeR wrote:
Felt tired and didn't feel like lifting today. I went anyway.
[image loading]

Those days are when PRs are made.


John Broz: "Your body lies to you. It doesn't matter how you feel, you just go and lift. To the max, everyday."

Best fucking motto of life I've ever heard of. Fuck yes. Congratulations!


On December 08 2012 06:32 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 22:05 mordek wrote:
On December 07 2012 17:22 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On December 07 2012 17:07 Crushinator wrote:
I just started smoking again. I don't know how it happened but it did. I will quit again after this weekend. Feels so bad, but I geuss a moment of weakness isn't the end of the world.

No, you won't stop after this weekend. You stop today. What is this bullshit, you know you shouldn't smoke and you've already broken your promise. If you fuck up, you unfuck whatever you did ASAP. Procrastination is weakness. Every time you let yourself get away will breaking your promise, you will reduce your discipline.

I love this attitude :D


Further on this line of thinking. I had a coach tell me something that has stuck with me to this day...

"Once you quit, it gets easier every time after that."

I didn't pay it any mind, but he was 100% right. I fucked up a lot after high school without my parents there to control me. I'm ashamed about it, but I've grown from what I was.

The other thing he told me was...

"Work hard, do right, good things happen."

I've lived by that for a bit over a year now and my life is in a much better place than it was. Coach Diller was the shit.

On that note, time for me to go to the gym. Never miss a day you could have at least gone in and gotten a sweat going. Never quit on yourself.


Coach Diller..what a fucking boss. It's great to see such inspiring shit by years end, when people think we go "easy" and "calm the fuck up" we just want to go harder and harder. "Nobody Cares, just go harder".

Let's do this! :D Can't wait to lift today.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 10 2012 15:18 GMT
#7387
I know I must be doing something wrong, I can do a pull-up and get the bar below my sternum but can't transition to the dip part of the muscle-up :\

Gym closes in three days, might try and max every lift and see where I end the year
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
December 10 2012 15:24 GMT
#7388
Oh man, 2 weeks off TKD while this abscess was sorting itself out was horrid. Started back on Tuesday, and even a light class the day before a testing left me sore, then testing on Wednesday left me achey for a couple of days.

Fuck, I'm getting old. 26 going on 90 and shit.
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 10 2012 17:55 GMT
#7389
What are you guys doing for core assistance exercises? I was thinking of adding more in, as it seems to help when it comes to lifting.

Right now the only three I do are planks, leg raises, and ab wheel (except now the ab wheel is missing from the gym T-T)
How do you go about progressing, cause I don't wanna use alot of time doing this, so increasing reps to extremes does not seem like fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Luxae
Profile Joined February 2011
Israel232 Posts
December 10 2012 18:41 GMT
#7390
I like L Pull Ups, they're surprisingly difficult.
vrok
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden2541 Posts
December 10 2012 20:37 GMT
#7391
Caught this guy at the gym today. If you're gonna do neck exercises, I wouldn't recommend this one. LOL.

"Starcraft 2 very easy game" - White-Ra
APurpleCow
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States1372 Posts
December 10 2012 21:50 GMT
#7392
On December 11 2012 05:37 vrok wrote:
Caught this guy at the gym today. If you're gonna do neck exercises, I wouldn't recommend this one. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLGz_4JztOY


Why not?

That's about as functional as you can get.
vrok
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden2541 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-10 22:41:09
December 10 2012 22:05 GMT
#7393
On December 11 2012 06:50 APurpleCow wrote:
Why not?

That's about as functional as you can get.

No. (I can't believe you're actually serious)

Serious answer: that would be either this or the cable version

[image loading]

Where the weight doesn't shift uncontrollably, and you don't cheat with the help of your arms and back.
"Starcraft 2 very easy game" - White-Ra
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 10 2012 22:58 GMT
#7394
Suck it bitches. 156kg clean and jerk PR (after hitting 125kg snatch).

Of course it comes after a 4 day drinking binge and a week after the american open. i swear my body does better when i'm drinking ~~
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
December 10 2012 23:51 GMT
#7395
today:

squat 70kg 10-10-10
bench 80kg 6-6-4 (BARELY)
dead 110kg 6, 112.5kg 6, 100kg 6
pulldowns

altogether a good session, bench is being an asshole; i went 13 days without benching and looks like it takes 10 days (3 sessions) just to get back to where i was again!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
December 11 2012 05:49 GMT
#7396
Gonna post because I said I would. I don't think there's a lot of change in these photos (especially cause they're photos) and a lot of it is posture. But if I squint really hard, I think that there's less fat and more toned-ness? I can definitely tell via touch, just not sight T_T. Could definitely have more results if I didn't drink/eat out on weekends so much, but then life would not be as fun!

9-10-2012
11-29-2012

Front
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Side
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Here's to a fun December! I've stopped doing pilates and moved on to running and WEIGHTS. It's pretty terrible. Tried to do squats today by myself, but when I walked towards the squatting-thing, the bar was resting on the lower pin. Tried to lift bar with arms to upper pin. Could not. Then tried to balance one end on my leg and readjust hand positioning to lift it. Could not. In the end, asked help from the guy next to me who, to his merit, hid his laughter and then one-handed that shit.

Today squatted 4x5 of 65 lbs and 2x5 of 75! Any suggestions on how to ramp up/increment these numbers over time?

Might do more pilates just for core strength, because I'm not sure how much lifting will help me in terms of core.

In terms of diet, I'm actually off to a terrible start because of Vegas meals + a sudden desire for red velvet cupcakes. I've explored NYC for at least 3 bakeries now.

+ Show Spoiler [MIDNIGHT BAKING] +
[image loading]
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
December 11 2012 07:29 GMT
#7397
Today squatted 4x5 of 65 lbs and 2x5 of 75! Any suggestions on how to ramp up/increment these numbers over time?

Might do more pilates just for core strength, because I'm not sure how much lifting will help me in terms of core.

If you are doing starting strength, then you do sets of 3x5. If you complete your 3x5, you move up the weight. Always. If you don't, you do not increase the weight. (As a thumb rule only).
Basically If you complete a set, you add like 5lbs or even less to the bar each time. If you complete it again, you add more. This is a great way of making progress as the numbers will ramp up faster than you could imagine and it will force you to push yourself to your limits. As human beings, we want to stay in the comfort zone, so we won't bump up the weights even if our body could take it. This system takes care of all that for you if you follow it. It's what many/most of us are doing over here, with good results.

Don't worry about core strength. Squats will develop your whole body throughly more than any 'core-training' ever will. abs, back, legs, hips, etc etc etc... the squat has it all, and with the best possible proportions, provided that you do full squats where your hips go below your knees (or your thighs are parallel with the ground),

If you follow Starting strength program, then you will be squatting three times a week, 3x5 each time with best possible weights, along with bench, overheadpress and deadlifts. These exercises will take care of all muscle developement you will need for a while.
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
December 11 2012 08:20 GMT
#7398
Oh, interesting! So what happens if I do 3x5 of X, move up, and can't do it. Would you suggest doing more reps of the one I could do, or stopping there?
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-11 09:15:56
December 11 2012 08:49 GMT
#7399
sure, my motto is "whatever happens, just have a good workout"

sometimes i go 5-5-2 and just stop there outright. or i might drop down and do a lighter set of 10

i tend to move up when i can do ~7 reps at a certain weight anyway (and then do 5 reps of the next weight), which helps to remove this kinda problem where you're struggling to move up and missing random reps when you do.

like with overhead press, i am waiting till i can do 7-7-7 ish at 50kg then i will try 5-5-5 at 55kg.
pretty stress free. but thats just me, no1 else does that i think lol :}


you can add additional things to your workouts, but you need to be able to recover in time for the next workout, so dont overdo it, and keep them to after you've done everything else. personally i do my squat, bench, deadlift, then afterwards i can spend 30++ minutes fucking around with other stuff.

the other stuff does help, but keep it simple because there is sooo much you can do you'll never leave the bloody place! i do (on occaision) lat pulldowns, dumbell curls, delt side raises, grip work, and i could do some ab work too if i wanted.

it depends on what you want ultimately. if your goal is to look more slender then the first thing you should do above all else is become confident with your diet/eating lifestyle and weightloss. just make sure that weighing scale is going down slightly every week until you become more comfortable with everything thats going on. its a bit like starting a new job - X months down the line everything will feel a lot clearer to you, so as long as you haven't been fired you're doing it right!

/rant
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
superawesomemanboy
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden4 Posts
December 11 2012 08:57 GMT
#7400
Hey guys! Need a form check on my squat.

95KG

100kg

105kg PR

Sounds like im dying on the last one .

Thanks
Prev 1 368 369 370 371 372 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason183
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15495
Artosis 824
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 87
Mind 79
Hyun 38
Bale 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2522
420jenkins596
League of Legends
Doublelift1774
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5968
Khaldor1310
Liquid`Hasu1031
MindelVK9
Other Games
summit1g6284
FrodaN1959
B2W.Neo712
byalli346
ToD215
Railgan38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
StarCraft 2
angryscii 33
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• Adnapsc2 30
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• FirePhoenix8
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 5m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.