• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:01
CEST 04:01
KST 11:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9402 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 166

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 379 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 11 2012 21:17 GMT
#3301
BENCH PRESS: 92.5kgx3x3, 102.5kgx3x3, 112.5x3x3, 122.5kg (PR)

So tday I benched a lot, struggled (but didnt faill) an all 112.5x3, and did the fucking PR fatigued. I'm sure well rested I can add 2.5-5kg, but I won't derail my training to do that till I'm done with current cycle.

Also cutting going great. 76,95kg today. 2 and a half weeks ago for my squat I weighted 78,5kg in the morning and 80,3 before the squat.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 11 2012 21:25 GMT
#3302
Going to the gym to see just how much I can squat now...
Getting pumped :D
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 21:47:05
April 11 2012 21:30 GMT
#3303
Dear deadlifts,

I love you

EDIT:
Also what's going on at 2:17?
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 11 2012 22:02 GMT
#3304
Today's workout:

Squat: 120kg x 5, 130kg x 3, 152.5kg x 1, 165kg x 1 and 175kg x 1
some shitty front squats
Reverse band Squats, blue bands - about -100kg tension at the bottom. Weight on bar: 150kg x 3, 200kg x 3, 230kg x 2 and 250kg x 1.
some pulldowns and a few pullups.

band squats are a ton of fun. not sure if very useful though. very draining.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
April 11 2012 22:48 GMT
#3305
On April 12 2012 06:30 Ludrik wrote:
Dear deadlifts,

I love you

EDIT:
Also what's going on at 2:17?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnnOWfj2TW4&feature=g-vrec&context=G24592a0RVAAAAAAAAAQ


really fucked up hack squats lol
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
April 11 2012 22:59 GMT
#3306
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Vitruvian
Profile Joined September 2011
United States168 Posts
April 11 2012 23:52 GMT
#3307
Pulled 375 lbs for a set of five today! Scared the shit out of this poor elderly lady on a nearby machine with my screaming on the last rep.
Have a question for TLHF, in particular those of you who put up big deadlift numbers (Sjarl, Gotunk, Blonde, looking at y'all;) when I am working at my limit, either 1RM or the last rep of a 5RM, my low back inevitably rounds a little bit. On one hand, if I'm able to maintain extension in my lumbar spine in this situation, I know for sure that I could have pulled more. On the other hand, I know that a flexed lumbar spine under load risks serious injury, even if this time I manage to finish the pull and not hurt myself. The most debilitating injury I've ever sustained happened on power cleans with a rounded lower back, so I'm pretty scared of repeating that mistake. So my question is: When I'm desperately trying to grind out the last rep, and I feel my lower back starting to give, how do I tell the difference between having the mental fortitude to just finish the pull no matter what and being reckless with the potential for injury?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
April 12 2012 00:01 GMT
#3308
While having a flat lower back is optimal it will almost always round on the last rep on a 5RM / 1RM.

More important is keeping the upper back flat and not horribly rounded. I bet there was something other than only a rounded back that was wrong when you injured yourself while powercleaning.

When I'm finishing a heavy grind there is only one thing running through my head "Keep fucking pulling"
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
April 12 2012 03:13 GMT
#3309
Yup, the back will likely round even though you try your best to keep it straight. But with experience and core control, your body will keep you 2-3 degrees from spine flexion danger zone. Rounding the upper back is fine but is an advanced technique used by powerlifters. Don't do it for now.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 03:30:26
April 12 2012 03:30 GMT
#3310
FEeling sorta sick. Overloading on D per eshlow. I think it's a sinus infection due to allergies though
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 06:53:21
April 12 2012 04:36 GMT
#3311
One of my teammates today said he doesnt squat more than once a week cause he doesn't want to overtrain T_T (i yelled at him a bit and kicked him). Go figure..he's also the only one on our team in a frat.

On April 12 2012 08:52 Vitruvian wrote:
Pulled 375 lbs for a set of five today! Scared the shit out of this poor elderly lady on a nearby machine with my screaming on the last rep.
Have a question for TLHF, in particular those of you who put up big deadlift numbers (Sjarl, Gotunk, Blonde, looking at y'all;) when I am working at my limit, either 1RM or the last rep of a 5RM, my low back inevitably rounds a little bit. On one hand, if I'm able to maintain extension in my lumbar spine in this situation, I know for sure that I could have pulled more. On the other hand, I know that a flexed lumbar spine under load risks serious injury, even if this time I manage to finish the pull and not hurt myself. The most debilitating injury I've ever sustained happened on power cleans with a rounded lower back, so I'm pretty scared of repeating that mistake. So my question is: When I'm desperately trying to grind out the last rep, and I feel my lower back starting to give, how do I tell the difference between having the mental fortitude to just finish the pull no matter what and being reckless with the potential for injury?


If you're that worried you should probably be wearing a belt which will keep you from doing anything too big. Like said it's okay if your upper back rounds a bit but overall shouldn't give way too much.

I would consider this too much rounding (back was sore for like a week and half after no joint injury or anything though)
+ Show Spoiler +


but this amount of rounding was fine:
+ Show Spoiler +
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 12 2012 08:45 GMT
#3312
On April 12 2012 06:30 Ludrik wrote:
EDIT:
Also what's going on at 2:17?
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnnOWfj2TW4&feature=g-vrec&context=G24592a0RVAAAAAAAAAQ


... the fuck??
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
April 12 2012 11:54 GMT
#3313
On April 12 2012 17:45 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 06:30 Ludrik wrote:
EDIT:
Also what's going on at 2:17?
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnnOWfj2TW4&feature=g-vrec&context=G24592a0RVAAAAAAAAAQ


... the fuck??


Thats the type of lift you do just because you can. A lot of what guys do in the gym is posturing. Usually egos get more pumped than muscles lol.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 12:54:23
April 12 2012 12:53 GMT
#3314
On April 12 2012 06:25 mordek wrote:
Going to the gym to see just how much I can squat now...
Getting pumped :D

Got there, warmed up and this is what happened:

Form felt crappy, I'm going to be late to work getting this posted, but I still squatted 300lb x2 which is twice as much as I thought I could!!! :D
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 12 2012 13:10 GMT
#3315
On April 12 2012 20:54 Velocirapture wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 17:45 Zafrumi wrote:
On April 12 2012 06:30 Ludrik wrote:
EDIT:
Also what's going on at 2:17?
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnnOWfj2TW4&feature=g-vrec&context=G24592a0RVAAAAAAAAAQ


... the fuck??


Thats the type of lift you do just because you can. A lot of what guys do in the gym is posturing. Usually egos get more pumped than muscles lol.


yeah but usually its just endless curling.. this just looks dangerous as fuck..
On April 12 2012 21:53 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 06:25 mordek wrote:
Going to the gym to see just how much I can squat now...
Getting pumped :D

Got there, warmed up and this is what happened:
http://youtu.be/Rd8JxeB4GBg
Form felt crappy, I'm going to be late to work getting this posted, but I still squatted 300lb x2 which is twice as much as I thought I could!!! :D


good job mate! (although you could have gone a tad deeper for my taste )
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 12 2012 13:16 GMT
#3316
On April 12 2012 22:10 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 21:53 mordek wrote:
On April 12 2012 06:25 mordek wrote:
Going to the gym to see just how much I can squat now...
Getting pumped :D

Got there, warmed up and this is what happened:
http://youtu.be/Rd8JxeB4GBg
Form felt crappy, I'm going to be late to work getting this posted, but I still squatted 300lb x2 which is twice as much as I thought I could!!! :D


good job mate! (although you could have gone a tad deeper for my taste )

Thanks! I was planning on deloading this week so I can focus on getting deeper and having good form so I thought why not try to put up a big number I don't disagree with your assessment at all, what I know is that when that bar was moving down I got kinda worried lol.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 12 2012 14:02 GMT
#3317
On April 12 2012 22:16 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 22:10 Zafrumi wrote:
On April 12 2012 21:53 mordek wrote:
On April 12 2012 06:25 mordek wrote:
Going to the gym to see just how much I can squat now...
Getting pumped :D

Got there, warmed up and this is what happened:
http://youtu.be/Rd8JxeB4GBg
Form felt crappy, I'm going to be late to work getting this posted, but I still squatted 300lb x2 which is twice as much as I thought I could!!! :D


good job mate! (although you could have gone a tad deeper for my taste )

Thanks! I was planning on deloading this week so I can focus on getting deeper and having good form so I thought why not try to put up a big number I don't disagree with your assessment at all, what I know is that when that bar was moving down I got kinda worried lol.


thats usually how my squats go as well hehe. gotta learn to embrace the fear and let it fuel you!
300lbs is very respectable, so kudos!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 12 2012 15:00 GMT
#3318
On April 12 2012 23:02 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 22:16 mordek wrote:
On April 12 2012 22:10 Zafrumi wrote:
On April 12 2012 21:53 mordek wrote:
On April 12 2012 06:25 mordek wrote:
Going to the gym to see just how much I can squat now...
Getting pumped :D

Got there, warmed up and this is what happened:
http://youtu.be/Rd8JxeB4GBg
Form felt crappy, I'm going to be late to work getting this posted, but I still squatted 300lb x2 which is twice as much as I thought I could!!! :D


good job mate! (although you could have gone a tad deeper for my taste )

Thanks! I was planning on deloading this week so I can focus on getting deeper and having good form so I thought why not try to put up a big number I don't disagree with your assessment at all, what I know is that when that bar was moving down I got kinda worried lol.


thats usually how my squats go as well hehe. gotta learn to embrace the fear and let it fuel you!
300lbs is very respectable, so kudos!

Hehe I watched the video before I read the second half of your post and was actually expecting a fail, nice job pulling through on that second rep :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
April 12 2012 15:30 GMT
#3319
last couple of weeks has been shit, RL problems and general feeling shit. I haven't slept for 6 hours straight in over 3 weeks. Lifting has been fine tho..

Just deloaded my squat and deadlift and was supposed to just do 96kg squat for 3x5 and 118 dl for 1x5.

One hour prior to workout I was told that my dog has to be put down, so i felt pretty shit. Decided i would just lift more than ive tried.

Squat: 96kg 3x5, 107x3, 116x2, 116x1, 118x1, 120x1 (first time squatting over 110kg)

DL: 118x5, 120x5, 127x2, 129x1, 133x1, 139x1

then some assistance shit.

had more energy in the tank on the deadlifts, but this day was supposed to be light anyway
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 12 2012 15:33 GMT
#3320
On April 13 2012 00:30 KOVU wrote:
last couple of weeks has been shit, RL problems and general feeling shit. I haven't slept for 6 hours straight in over 3 weeks. Lifting has been fine tho..

Just deloaded my squat and deadlift and was supposed to just do 96kg squat for 3x5 and 118 dl for 1x5.

One hour prior to workout I was told that my dog has to be put down, so i felt pretty shit. Decided i would just lift more than ive tried.

Squat: 96kg 3x5, 107x3, 116x2, 116x1, 118x1, 120x1 (first time squatting over 110kg)

DL: 118x5, 120x5, 127x2, 129x1, 133x1, 139x1

then some assistance shit.

had more energy in the tank on the deadlifts, but this day was supposed to be light anyway

That's always a terrible feeling. Sorry dude
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 164 165 166 167 168 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiLiPiLi 19
RuFF_SC2 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1373
Sharp 58
Bale 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever565
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
Doublelift4761
Counter-Strike
taco 630
Other Games
summit1g7512
JimRising 530
C9.Mang0289
ViBE155
ToD82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick770
BasetradeTV177
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP88
• poizon28 38
• davetesta27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1158
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 59m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 59m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.