• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:01
CEST 04:01
KST 11:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9402 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 167

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 379 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
April 12 2012 16:05 GMT
#3321
On April 12 2012 21:53 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 06:25 mordek wrote:
Going to the gym to see just how much I can squat now...
Getting pumped :D

Got there, warmed up and this is what happened:

Form felt crappy, I'm going to be late to work getting this posted, but I still squatted 300lb x2 which is twice as much as I thought I could!!! :D


Get your butt down! Keep it up
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 17:47:15
April 12 2012 17:33 GMT
#3322
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
just got my new power ball to work (after 15 mins of utter phail)
loooll its the funniest thing im jerking it about like a maniac up and down and all over trying to get it under control
right hand/arm is dead to the world now after like 1 minute
guys you need to get one of these things
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 12 2012 18:32 GMT
#3323
On April 13 2012 02:33 FFGenerations wrote:
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
just got my new power ball to work (after 15 mins of utter phail)
loooll its the funniest thing im jerking it about like a maniac up and down and all over trying to get it under control
right hand/arm is dead to the world now after like 1 minute
guys you need to get one of these things

dead =/= effective. If you want something hard on your body try jumping off buildings, masturbating five times in an hour or god forbid Crossfit.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
April 12 2012 18:52 GMT
#3324
i will try the masturbating
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-12 19:06:19
April 12 2012 19:05 GMT
#3325
whats hard about jumping off a building. requires no skill/strength whatsoever!
I dont know about these powerballs. they most likely will "only" improve your endurance. if thats your thing then go for it I guess
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
April 12 2012 20:56 GMT
#3326
ah my lucozade grilled shaker from amazon came today at last, its 100x better than using an electric mixer + measuring jug!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 12 2012 21:32 GMT
#3327
My armwrestler friend I mentioned had a powerball. Lower arms bruh.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
April 13 2012 00:55 GMT
#3328
The bacon gods have shone down on us today, my dear TLHF

I don't think your ready

Lord have mercy.

Vegetarians are really missing out on this one.
Victory Loves Preparation
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
April 13 2012 01:12 GMT
#3329
On April 13 2012 09:55 Catch wrote:
The bacon gods have shone down on us today, my dear TLHF

I don't think your ready

Lord have mercy.

Vegetarians are really missing out on this one.


On April 13 2012 03:52 FFGenerations wrote:
i will try the masturbating

☺
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 13 2012 07:41 GMT
#3330
I feel awesome today I think I'll do a workout with like 70% of my weights. Hoping to get back in the m/w/f on monday.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 10:39:52
April 13 2012 10:38 GMT
#3331
oh yeah, 3 plate (140kg) squat 3x5 today!! quite proud of this I must say
I think c/p helped me get a much stronger squat.. I feel like my hamstrings are made of steel!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
deadcowboy
Profile Joined September 2004
Germany74 Posts
April 13 2012 12:01 GMT
#3332
Alright, so I started doing 1-max rep squats - just love the excercise since it has something so ... animalistic :D. But for the life of me, I cannot go beyond the 104 kg for some reason. Been stuck at that weight for months. I'll be trying out a different split now so that I have one day solely dedicated to legs, maybe that helps. Also started with creatine. Anyone else got some bright ideas for going over that peak?

cheers!
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
April 13 2012 12:20 GMT
#3333
On April 13 2012 19:38 Zafrumi wrote:
oh yeah, 3 plate (140kg) squat 3x5 today!! quite proud of this I must say
I think c/p helped me get a much stronger squat.. I feel like my hamstrings are made of steel!

Wow, strong man, how much progress did you end up getting from coan/philipi?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 13:08:03
April 13 2012 12:29 GMT
#3334
On April 13 2012 19:38 Zafrumi wrote:
oh yeah, 3 plate (140kg) squat 3x5 today!! quite proud of this I must say
I think c/p helped me get a much stronger squat.. I feel like my hamstrings are made of steel!


good job! smolov did this to me aswell, the extra gains from squatting so much carried well over to my deadlift.

http://www.vikingstrength.com/2012/04/12/pall-raw-strength-logason-icelandic-strongman-and-powerlifter/

Found this nice interview with Pall Logason, an absoloute squatting machine.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 13:46:40
April 13 2012 13:41 GMT
#3335
On April 13 2012 19:38 Zafrumi wrote:
oh yeah, 3 plate (140kg) squat 3x5 today!! quite proud of this I must say
I think c/p helped me get a much stronger squat.. I feel like my hamstrings are made of steel!

Wow, that is awesome. An inspiration really

Also 285lb DL 1x5 felt crazy heavy. I'm thinking going straight to 315 without stalling may be a fantasy haha.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
April 13 2012 13:56 GMT
#3336
Wore my Black Chuck Taylors yesterday and they feel amazing. New Squat PR 5X260lbs (118kg) yayaya. My bench still stalling out at 185 though -_-.

Also got new shorts that don't need to be constantly pulled up helll yeah. Playing basketball the other day with my old shorts and I went in for the game winning lay-up and committed to it, not giving a fuck about my shorts and they just went down to my knees basically. Made it though. Best game winning play ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
April 13 2012 14:21 GMT
#3337
On April 13 2012 21:20 KOVU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 19:38 Zafrumi wrote:
oh yeah, 3 plate (140kg) squat 3x5 today!! quite proud of this I must say
I think c/p helped me get a much stronger squat.. I feel like my hamstrings are made of steel!

Wow, strong man, how much progress did you end up getting from coan/philipi?


well. at the end of 2011 I tested my 1RM and it was 142.5kg on the squat and 180kg on the deadlift. then I did c/p in january and february. after 11 or so weeks I deadlifted 200kgx1. didnt really squat heavy during that time because I wanted to give my back as much rest as possible. took a week off from lifting after c/p and started squatting heavy again a few weeks ago at 130kg 3x5 (SS advanced novice program, so mon/fri is back squat, wed is front squat), trying to add 2.5kg to the bar each session. and now I'm at 140kg 3x5, which if I'm honest wasnt even THAT hard. 150kg here I come!

On April 13 2012 21:29 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 19:38 Zafrumi wrote:
oh yeah, 3 plate (140kg) squat 3x5 today!! quite proud of this I must say
I think c/p helped me get a much stronger squat.. I feel like my hamstrings are made of steel!


good job! smolov did this to me aswell, the extra gains from squatting so much carried well over to my deadlift.

http://www.vikingstrength.com/2012/04/12/pall-raw-strength-logason-icelandic-strongman-and-powerlifter/

Found this nice interview with Pall Logason, an absoloute squatting machine.


thanks yeah especially the low bar squat benefits from heavy deadlift I feel (and vice versa of course)

On April 13 2012 22:41 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2012 19:38 Zafrumi wrote:
oh yeah, 3 plate (140kg) squat 3x5 today!! quite proud of this I must say
I think c/p helped me get a much stronger squat.. I feel like my hamstrings are made of steel!

Wow, that is awesome. An inspiration really

Also 285lb DL 1x5 felt crazy heavy. I'm thinking going straight to 315 without stalling may be a fantasy haha.


cheers eat tons of food and keep pulling! you will get there soon enough!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
April 13 2012 15:15 GMT
#3338
On April 13 2012 21:01 deadcowboy wrote:
Alright, so I started doing 1-max rep squats - just love the excercise since it has something so ... animalistic :D. But for the life of me, I cannot go beyond the 104 kg for some reason. Been stuck at that weight for months. I'll be trying out a different split now so that I have one day solely dedicated to legs, maybe that helps. Also started with creatine. Anyone else got some bright ideas for going over that peak?

cheers!


what size are you and what routine have you been doing?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
April 13 2012 15:33 GMT
#3339
i was wondering , since someone in this thread mentioned it, if it would be better to do push press instead of ohp, to isolate the shoulders with a heavier weight and to relieve the triceps that are already worked from bench .

what i read though seemed to indicate that opposite is true - that delts are activated at the start of the lift and triceps at the top, so ohp is actually better for shoulders..
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 13 2012 15:42 GMT
#3340
Yeah, I would imagine push press actually works the shoulders less. The starting momentum gets it up to the point where your triceps finish. Both work but the push from the legs takes away from the starting power you need in ohp.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings112
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiLiPiLi 19
RuFF_SC2 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1373
Sharp 58
Bale 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever565
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
Doublelift4761
Counter-Strike
taco 630
Other Games
summit1g7512
JimRising 530
C9.Mang0289
ViBE155
ToD82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick770
BasetradeTV177
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP88
• poizon28 38
• davetesta27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1158
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 59m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 59m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 59m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.